Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You won't read this thread because you don't like the truth. We lose if we don't ADAPT.

Quote Originally Posted by Article V View Post
    So you're suggesting we do more of the same?

Sorry, I don't see any useful suggestion in your OP for adaptation, and the mods will shut you down quickly if you even try to evolve your thought into a worthwhile suggestion that Ron Paul's campaign could or should be doing something differently. (Critical analysis and suggestions for adaptation are not welcome here in the Grassroots RPF. We only allow anti-establishment news paired with our own rah-rah-rah's -- submitted in either pic, YouTube, or message form.)

The forums are for groupthink: everything is rosy here; when voting results are below expectations, it's the medias fault; there's a conspiracy against us; let's have another Moneybomb; our delegate strategy is working perfectly; and if we just push a little bit more, we'll finally cross the tipping point threshold we've been angling toward for months after months after months...
    WTH??? The suggestion was not for you to come up with what the campaign should be doing differently. The suggestion was for YOU to get up off your ass and do something productive. You know, like participate in the Phone-from-Home program, etc.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As much of a nobody as I am, I still have made over 300 PFH calls and my fam has got at least one hundred signatures for delegates
    and for RP in PA.

So I can at least say I helped to get RP on the PA ballot.

Look I actually did something albeit something small.

“I am only one, but I am one. I can't do everything, but I can do something. The something I ought to do, I can do. And by the grace of God, I will.”
    Last edited by Tobias2dope; 02-29-2012 at 06:40 AM.

I just hope everyone remembers that this fight doesn't stop with this election.

For me personally, I've stopped donating and participating in the PFH (I got just over 100) because it became clear to me that Ron knows he can't win. Ron never talks about actually being President, he never offers any specific plans to the sheeple, and he isn't aggressive enough when he's actually given time to speak.

He doesn't appear to be in this to win, no matter what anyone wants to tell me. I've been following Paul since 2007, I've been following this campaign since it started, but it's become abundantly clear to me that this fight for Liberty has just started and even if Paul ended his campaign tomorrow nothing would change that. This is only year 5 in what's sure to be a struggle that will potentially last decades.

To all the people disagree, I respect your right to do so, but if we're going to win the only way we can do it is with flooding the convention with our delegates and even then it's a long shot. The focus for winning should be on the delegates...

However, while I hope everyone helps Paul out in any way you can I would ask that everyone realize that the real goal should be to get elected to their local governments and then try to spread the message that way.

Phoning from home is great and all but the best way to get the message out to a LARGE number of people is to get politically active in local and statewide elections, even if you don't win you can make a huge difference (much in the same way Paul is now) by taking the message straight to the people.

The real goal should be continuing to infiltrate the party from within so when the next Liberty leader (Rand or whoever) makes his run the game isn't so stacked against him.

I think with the right amount of legwork anyone can win almost any house seat, remember folks, we're the ones with time on our side and we're the ones who are right.

It might take voters in your area a few elections but as time goes on our message will only resonate deeper because WE ARE RIGHT and one glorious day there may be a true libertarian-republican revolution in this country. But sadly it will not be in 2012...

Some of you have called nearly 500 people in the PFH program, while that's amazing and something that you should all be proud of just ask yourself- how many people could I speak to if I actually ran for something in my local community or state?

Anyone out there with charisma or the natural ability to speak infront of crowds MUST use their gifts to spread the message and continue infiltrating the party- this is how we'll win in the long run- I promise.
    Last edited by NoOneButPaul; 02-29-2012 at 07:14 AM.

No he's right. If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything. Its all good and fine to b!tch about the media or fraud, but you beat that by standing up and doing something about it.

We are in TN and we made and hung signs at all the precincts in our county and we're organizing a rally for Saturday. We're getting the local media to come cover it. It can be done but you have to organize, promote and change peoples minds one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnorris14 View Post
    Isn't saying "we lose if we don't adapt" itself speculation?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by doremedia View Post
    ..............Our Ron Paul group has become a PAC and we are going to effect change on the local level..we are already supporting Ron Paul candidates locally..we have to first change our own back yards. All Politics is Local.
    Our state RP group is also supporting liberty candidates in our state. Many of us are working within GOP. We WILL make a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post

Some of you have called nearly 500 people in the PFH program, while that's amazing and something that you should all be proud of just ask yourself- how many people could I speak to if I actually ran for something in my local community or state? ................
    I phoned-from-home over 11,100 MYSELF, so you don't know what you're talking about, do you?
    I don't mind you voicing your opinion, but I don't like you knocking the ONE program Dr. Paul has personally asked volunteers to do.
    There's plenty of time to run for office -- in the meantime, we should CALL FROM HOME!

I think with the right amount of legwork can win almost any house seat, remember folks, we're the ones with time on our side and we're the ones who are right.
    I think the point is for many/some that it does not appear that time is on our side. Patriot Act, NDAA, SOPA, etc... when will all of these and other so called "acts" be rolled out to pound dissent into the ground. Not that I am saying we don't have time, but there is a increasingly accelerated move towards a total blackout of real freedom. Maybe that's why some here are saying we need to win this one, now. And I can feel their anxiety somewhat.

I'm really looking forward to Ron Paul vs Ben Bernanke today.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    I think the point is for many/some that it does not appear that time is on our side. Patriot Act, NDAA, SOPA, etc... when will all of these and other so called "acts" be rolled out to pound dissent into the ground. Not that I am saying we don't have time, but there is a increasingly accelerated move towards a total blackout of real freedom. Maybe that's why some here are saying we need to win this one, now. And I can feel their anxiety somewhat.

I'm really looking forward to Ron Paul vs Ben Bernanke today.
    Those things scare the hell out of me to but we can't allow that fear to stop us from trying to run in elections. The way we stop or repeal those bills is by getting into the congress.

A lot of the movement is composed of 20 and 30somethings so I believe that time is our greatest asset, no matter how powerful the machine above us we will outlive it and with the right amount of effort we can replace it with our own machines of liberty.

And... if fascism is coming and it's coming that quickly... at least we'll be able to tell all of our fellow Americans, "I $#@!ing told you so" right before we get thrown into the ovens together.

I tend to think we have a few decades, and in that time, we can fix this mess. But in order to do so, we have to start getting elected.

Research your state and your local communities, figure out what Rep. Seats would be easiest to win and go for it.

We aren't in our 70s, we're in our 20s and 30s, we could run in 10-15 straight elections before we even reached Paul's age, and as time goes on and restrictions on freedoms get greater and greater (which they will) and drones start to inhabit the skies above us, and our debt reaches into the 20 and 30 trillions, our message will resonate louder and louder and eventually we will win.

We have to start running for government positions, even if we lose we'll be able to speak to more people than we ever could online or on the phones...
    Last edited by NoOneButPaul; 02-29-2012 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnorris14 View Post
    Isn't saying "we lose if we don't adapt" itself speculation?
    This is precisely what the OP is talking about.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

BESIDES the constant bashing/marginalizing by the Powers That Think They Know Everything (talk radio hosts), I wonder if the ol' DHS ruling that if you are a Ron Paul voter you are considered a TERRORIST has anything to do with our poor vote outcome. Just food for thought...

I agree with the OP.

I am guilty of doing what he is getting mad at, I think we all are to an extent, but lately I have been trying to help (with a few others) to organize another BIG moneybomb, one like BTO. Yet, at every step, someone has a better idea or something negative to say. I wish someone would just come out with an idea and roll with it. There are many angles and many ways we can work to help Dr. Paul. If one person wants to try and meet with people in their state...that's cool. If someone wants to help with promotion...that's cool. Phone from Home. Whatever it is, we need to get going. NOW.

I think a big problem is the chat room. That place has gone to $#@!. Rather than people either debating issues or coming up with good strategy for something, it's all pointless chit chat between a few people. It has really gotten quite pathetic. I am sorry if I am blunt about this, but the chat really pisses me off and that's why I don't go in much anymore. If you really think about it, the chat should be the easiest way to work together for promoting an idea or organizing strategy. Yet, it's used for pointless social interaction. (this does not mean that every single person in that chat is guilty of this. the people who engage in the pointless chit chat know who they are)

Lets come together and work. I live in Massachusetts and just recently got in touch with Mass Grassroots. If anyone in here is in Mass, hit me up in a private message (except Shem). Thanks.
    Last edited by No Free Beer; 02-29-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

How about we just buy Nevada and set up for the collapse?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    I just hope everyone remembers that this fight doesn't stop with this election.

For me personally, I've stopped donating and participating in the PFH (I got just over 100) because it became clear to me that Ron knows he can't win. Ron never talks about actually being President, he never offers any specific plans to the sheeple, and he isn't aggressive enough when he's actually given time to speak.

He doesn't appear to be in this to win, no matter what anyone wants to tell me. I've been following Paul since 2007, I've been following this campaign since it started, but it's become abundantly clear to me that this fight for Liberty has just started and even if Paul ended his campaign tomorrow nothing would change that. This is only year 5 in what's sure to be a struggle that will potentially last decades.

To all the people disagree, I respect your right to do so, but if we're going to win the only way we can do it is with flooding the convention with our delegates and even then it's a long shot. The focus for winning should be on the delegates...

However, while I hope everyone helps Paul out in any way you can I would ask that everyone realize that the real goal should be to get elected to their local governments and then try to spread the message that way.

Phoning from home is great and all but the best way to get the message out to a LARGE number of people is to get politically active in local and statewide elections, even if you don't win you can make a huge difference (much in the same way Paul is now) by taking the message straight to the people.

The real goal should be continuing to infiltrate the party from within so when the next Liberty leader (Rand or whoever) makes his run the game isn't so stacked against him.

I think with the right amount of legwork anyone can win almost any house seat, remember folks, we're the ones with time on our side and we're the ones who are right.

It might take voters in your area a few elections but as time goes on our message will only resonate deeper because WE ARE RIGHT and one glorious day there may be a true libertarian-republican revolution in this country. But sadly it will not be in 2012...

Some of you have called nearly 500 people in the PFH program, while that's amazing and something that you should all be proud of just ask yourself- how many people could I speak to if I actually ran for something in my local community or state?

Anyone out there with charisma or the natural ability to speak infront of crowds MUST use their gifts to spread the message and continue infiltrating the party- this is how we'll win in the long run- I promise.
    I agree somewhat. I, however, do believe Ron Paul is in it to win it. He never has actually talked about being President, and he certainly doesn't fantasize about it.

I suppose I'm just feeling desperate this election. Unlike the last election, I really feel like the US might not survive an Obama/Santorum/Romney/Gingrich presidency. The dollar is on the verge of destruction, which would bring about massive monetary reform, and I highly doubt it'll go in the way we want it to. Or, what if they actually get crazy enough to invade Iran and we get our backsides handed to us by Russia?

The damage could be irreparable by the time 2016 floats around.

I posted a thread yesterday which gave some tips on how to become someone that can actually deliver votes. True grassroots activism is being involved in your community and having influence as to people's voting decisions. I think we spend far too much time trying to figure out the next cool internet based thing to do and ignore the most basic forms of grassroots work. Let's face it coming up with a cool moneybomb theme, making a YouTube video and spreading it around - that's the stuff we have been doing for years, and it isn't producing the desired results. If you want this movement to grow you need to get to work right in your own backyard.

Here is the thread for anyone who is interested.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...76#post4226076

Hey, we're fighting a machine that convinced Arizona not to vote for the guy that served his country and would use the military to secure it's borders that they have been begging the federal government to protect/secure. I mean how is that even possible? I say those people have NO room and no excuse to complain about no federal help with the border. Our answer to their calls for more help should be "You idiots didn't vote for the guy that wanted to put military on the border so it's all yours..."
    I'm a GA delegate in Gwinnett CO so don't say I'm not doing anything.

I still love Ron, and yesterday here in MI I got 13 people (that I know of) to vote for him, but now that I did my part I'll be honest, I'm done. After I saw that poll of people on here where nearly half said they would vote for a Romney/Paul ticket I lost all respect for this "movement" and I'm not spending anymore of my money on it.
    Golden Rule? Booooo. Go back to Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by Butchie View Post
    I still love Ron, and yesterday here in MI I got 13 people (that I know of) to vote for him, but now that I did my part I'll be honest, I'm done. After I saw that poll of people on here where nearly half said they would vote for a Romney/Paul ticket I lost all respect for this "movement" and I'm not spending anymore of my money on it.
    I know it's discouraging, but I wouldn't be too affected by that.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post

I thought this was a REVOLUTION.
    ...Well, you know.

My two cents: just because one comes here to discuss news, vent frustrations, read, learn from others' opinions, etc. does NOT mean they are not doing anything (else) for the campaign.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    ........ I, however, do believe Ron Paul is in it to win it. He never has actually talked about being President, and he certainly doesn't fantasize about it................
    You missed a lot of RP speeches. I've heard him say numerous times "If I'm president, I'll take less power, not more" when talking about executive orders.
    I've heard him say that as president "I'll bring the troops home"
    I've heard him say as president, he will delete 5 useless departments
    I've heard him say as president, he will balance the budget.

What are you talking about when you say "He never has actually talked about being President" ???

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is one important lifetime lesson for everybody here - do not ever ever underestimate the sheeple.

While I understand the sentiment here, There are some of us who simply as a matter of logistics cannot give as much time. While we all support the movement, some of us have different means. It would nice if there was some understanding of the fact that we are all individuals with unique situations and encourage us to give everything we can, rather than scolding us for not doing more. For my part, I will try to avoid discussing anything not about the grassroots movement in the grassroots section of the forum.
    Last edited by Lindsey; 03-04-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    ........ I, however, do believe Ron Paul is in it to win it. He never has actually talked about being President, and he certainly doesn't fantasize about it................
    You missed a lot of RP speeches. I've heard him say numerous times "If I'm president, I'll take less power, not more" when talking about executive orders.

What are you talking about when you say "He never has actually talked about being President" ???

Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    There is one important lifetime lesson for everybody here - do not ever ever underestimate the sheeple.
    I don't agree with this board's general view of 'sheeple' (I freely admit I am not a supporter of Ron Paul, or any candidate currently in the race, though I did like Tim Pawlenty back in the day. If anyone is wondering, I am on this board to interact with actual Ron Paul supporters. You guys are interesting). I believe many people see a Romney, Santorum, or Obama Presidency as being in their best interest. Not many people want the government to have *no* role in the economy. The approval rating in things such as medicare, etc, is pretty high. Libertarianism is simply alien to their viewpoints, and they believe it wouldn't work. So, they don't vote for Ron Paul.

The idea that he is 'unelectable' doesn't help him either.

Quote Originally Posted by vechorik View Post

IMO he's saying that if a RP supporter doesn't remember this well, the general public won't remember it at all ... But that's my opinion, and I can't speak for others.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivash View Post
    Libertarianism is simply alien to their viewpoints, and they believe it wouldn't work. So, they don't vote for Ron Paul.
    To go further, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say most Americans don't even know what the word means -- or have never heard it. The American political paradigm, to Joe or Jane voter, who happens to be someone who probably studied very little if any American history, world history, economics, and political science, is "Democrat = poor people, Republican = rich people." I think we are dealing with a chronically mal-informed public here, and this breeds the kind of perennial election results that drive people who do know about such topics crazy.

Rothbard was absolutely correct: public education, especially in recent years as it tends away from acquisition of deep knowledge toward rote testing, has done a number on all of us. It is very hard to get people with no sense of history, no attention span, and no awareness of the crisis to sit down and listen.

Toward the OP, all I can say is I try to do my part through classroom teaching. Bright note: they are receptive, and they do sense things are terribly wrong.

I'll applaud the effort of the OPs post, as the OP raises some legitimate issues.

I've noticed a big change in the attitude on RPF since Iowa. We need to buck up and get back to it A.S.A.P.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivash View Post
    I don't agree with this board's general view of 'sheeple' (I freely admit I am not a supporter of Ron Paul, or any candidate currently in the race, though I did like Tim Pawlenty back in the day. If anyone is wondering, I am on this board to interact with actual Ron Paul supporters. You guys are interesting). I believe many people see a Romney, Santorum, or Obama Presidency as being in their best interest. Not many people want the government to have *no* role in the economy. The approval rating in things such as medicare, etc, is pretty high. Libertarianism is simply alien to their viewpoints, and they believe it wouldn't work. So, they don't vote for Ron Paul.

The idea that he is 'unelectable' doesn't help him either.
    I think that's where they are misunderstanding the message. The government does play a role, but that role should be to make sure the value of our dollar does not diminish, to provide a sound currency and to enforce contracts. So you can't have fraud and things like that.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteHills View Post
    To go further, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say most Americans don't even know what the word means -- or have never heard it. The American political paradigm, to Joe or Jane voter, who happens to be someone who probably studied very little if any American history, world history, economics, and political science, is "Democrat = poor people, Republican = rich people." I think we are dealing with a chronically mal-informed public here, and this breeds the kind of perennial election results that drive people who do know about such topics crazy.

Rothbard was absolutely correct: public education, especially in recent years as it tends away from acquisition of deep knowledge toward rote testing, has done a number on all of us. It is very hard to get people with no sense of history, no attention span, and no awareness of the crisis to sit down and listen.

Toward the OP, all I can say is I try to do my part through classroom teaching. Bright note: they are receptive, and they do sense things are terribly wrong.
    Taken as a whole, you are probably right that many Americans don't really know what libertarianism is. But voters in the GOP primary? I think most of them do, considering that the elderly that vote tend to be more political than 'the average' American.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I'll applaud the effort of the OPs post, as the OP raises some legitimate issues.

I've noticed a big change in the attitude on RPF since Iowa. We need to buck up and get back to it A.S.A.P.
    Would that possible be some supporters attempting to tell people what to do, rather than asking them what they can do ?
    Last edited by azxd; 02-29-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast