Thread: 30 Years of Worthless GOP Representation

Exclamation 30 Years of Worthless GOP Representation

Posting this just so I'm clear.

I have zero faith in the GOP's willingness or ability to deliver counter legislation, to repeal or replace any damn thing.

All I'm looking to do is slow the advance of the Marxist horde, long enough to buy some time, which in turn buys you options.

But I am well aware of every GOP political "earthquake" in over the past 30 years, fizzling to naught.

1994 Contract With America

1 - Require all laws that apply to the rest of the country also apply to Congress; (no CCP189 Mandate for Congress)

2 - select a major, independent auditing firm to conduct a comprehensive audit of Congress for waste, fraud or abuse;

3 - cut the number of House committees, and cut committee staff by one-third;

4 - limit the terms of all committee chairs;

5 - ban the casting of proxy votes in committee;

6 - require committee meetings to be open to the public;

7 - require a three-fifths majority vote to pass a tax increase;

8 - guarantee an honest accounting of the Federal Budget by implementing zero base-line budgeting.

2010 Tea Party

Repeal of Obamacare.

Lower taxes

Lower national debt

Less regulation

Trump tried on all those fronts but was thwarted by The Cathedral.

So I have no great hopes that a "Red Wave" will change anything in 2022.

But I'll support it, to buy more time.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All I'm looking to do is slow the advance of the Marxist horde, long enough to buy some time, which in turn buys you options.
    Options:
    1) US 1776
    2) US 1865
    3) Germany 1941-1945
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You didn't mention the big one, and the only thing Trump really did anything on: abortion.

I was there on the Mall when he addressed the March for Life. He pointed out that he had appointed a bunch of pro-life federal judges.

It wasn't much but that crowd has been starving for almost half a century and so a scrap of meat was huge.

It's the height of arrogance to do that mere days after engaging in the political assassination of a general of a country we're not at war with, so I don't believe he's really pro-life. The whole thing must have been a political stunt...

....but it was something.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

I have zero faith in the GOP's willingness or ability to deliver counter legislation, to repeal or replace any damn thing.
    There-in lies the problem. The GOP and the people in it have no problem “replacing” anything, giving it new titles to make them feel better, as long as it is perceived to be their idea and their “side” is “winning”. Both side work in tandem, and The People, due to their stupidity and/or objectives, are responsible for this. I have NO use for the GOP, they are every bit as responsible as the DNC.

Anybody who believes or spouts that none sense is a useful idiot. Trump, businessman, fully understands that words can be spoken in either direction, but as long as the money is being funded and bills signed into law, that is what counts. Trump was not thwarted by anybody or anything - the businessman fully understands that it is behind closed door meetings and money that talks.

Left, right, march in lock-step. 200+ years still isn’t enough.

I replied to this thread just to be clear.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Left, right, march in lock-step. 200+ years still isn’t enough.

I replied to this thread...
    ...so I don't have to.

Slow the spread. Great. Ya slowed it to a real crawl. It only spread at Warp Speed. Now it's a blanket.

Now what?

Do I really need to point out the weakness of "slowing the spread" as a long term strategy?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-07-2021 at 10:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    so I don't believe he's really pro-life. The whole thing must have been a political stunt...
    Trump is easy to figure out. He's not bound by principles or philosophies. Few politicians are (Ron Paul on one extreme and despite selling out recently, Bernie Sanders on the other), but hilariously most voters are and believe their elected officials are as well. Most politicians want power. Trump wanted good business, but more importantly he loves the cheering crowds. He sold us out on bump stocks because only a few slippery slope libertarians care about that, but the bulk of his cheering base didn't care. It's the same with all his other stances that seem paradoxical on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Trump is easy to figure out. He's not bound by principles or philosophies. Few politicians are (Ron Paul on one extreme and despite selling out recently, Bernie Sanders on the other), but hilariously most voters are and believe their elected officials are as well. Most politicians want power. Trump wanted good business, but more importantly he loves the cheering crowds. He sold us out on bump stocks because only a few slippery slope libertarians care about that, but the bulk of his cheering base didn't care. It's the same with all his other stances that seem paradoxical on the surface.
    Trump sold out libertarians and fiscal conservatives every time he signed a huge spending bill (Omnibus budgets, stimulus, COVID relief, vaccine spending, etc.).

Then again, Trump never really claimed to be either of those things, he just flirted with those ideals from time to time in certain situations.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    ...so I don't have to.

Slow the spread. Great. Ya slowed it to a real crawl. It only spread at Warp Speed. Now it's a blanket.

Now what?

Do I really need to point out the weakness of "slowing the spread" as a long term strategy?
    So what do you want to do?

Light a match and burn it all down?

There are many days I am in agreement...but further reflection says that would be worse.

So...what do we do...I'm all ears.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Trump sold out libertarians and fiscal conservatives every time he signed a huge spending bill (Omnibus budgets, stimulus, COVID relief, vaccine spending, etc.).

Then again, Trump never really claimed to be either of those things, he just flirted with those ideals from time to time in certain situations.
    He didn't sell out the libertarians or fiscal conservatives anymore than Bernie Sanders sold out the libertarians. Trump never was one. His "loyalty" was to his screaming base and his bottom line. Really he's no different than any other politician. Just understand what a politician truly wants and you will understand his actions. (I am not talking to you here) but people are always disillusioned with politics when they realize that the person they voted for really doesn't give them or principles a second thought. That's human nature. Libertarians were once very understanding of this, but one thing bad that happened from Ron Paul's run is that he was an exception. He actually lived up to a set of principles. Now we have a bunch of people who think the exception is now the rule.
    Last edited by RJB; 11-07-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

There are many days I am in agreement...but further reflection says that would be worse.

I've said it. And said it. And said it and said it and said it. And said it. And said it.

If Ford is selling Twin I Beam crap up front and GM's trying to shove four link coil crap under your butt, time to buy a Dodge. Time to try International Harvester. Time to buy a Jeep.

No, they don't have enough people doing the same to make them Number One--yet. So do it anyway, and let the suckers see how clear your conscience is.

Be an agent of revolution. Be an agent of evolution. The herd is calling a senile child molesting pants pooper president, for God's sake. What does it take to make people realize that the Lead Bull of this herd is a $#@!ing idiot, and walk away?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-07-2021 at 10:31 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

If Ford is selling Twin I Beam crap up front and GM's trying to shove four link coil crap under your butt, time to buy a Dodge. Time to try International Harvester. Time to buy a Jeep.
    I cant believe that you would put your faith in a car of lesser evil. All cars break down. Wouldn't boycotting all cars and walking be the best alternative?

I cant believe that you would put your faith in a car of lesser evil. All cars break down. Wouldn't boycotting all cars and walking be the best alternative?
    Those aren't cars. They're light trucks.

And I'm pointing out, here, that the lesser evil is still evil. But there are choices that aren't evil at all. They aren't popular, because there's a sucker born every minute. But they could become popular, because at the rate we're careening around the corner toward fascism, Twin I Beam will soon land us on our roof.

Be an agent of revolution. Be an agent of evolution. The herd is calling a senile child molesting pants pooper president, for God's sake. What does it take to make people realize that the Lead Bull of this herd is a $#@!ing idiot, and walk away?
    I have been doing that for years.

And nothing has happened but the situation getting worse, faster.

If an election was held today, tens of millions of people would happily vote Biden.

So that approach doesn't work.

What else ya got?

And I'm pointing out, here, that the lesser evil is still evil. But there are choices that aren't evil at all. They aren't popular, because there's a sucker born every minute. But they could become popular, because at the rate we're careening around the corner toward fascism, Twin I Beam will soon land us on our roof.
    I drive twin I beam to this day, and have all my life.

I find it incredibly reliable and robust, even if does burn out tires.

ETA - and we already have fascism. What we are careening toward is Maoist Marxism.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 11-07-2021 at 10:48 AM.

You are still falling for the Ford/Chevy/IH/Dodge paradigm. Walk. Use horses. It's healthier for us all.

If an election was held today, tens of millions of people would happily vote Biden.

What else ya got?
    Would they?

Turn off CNN and ask real people how quick they'd be to reelect the molester.

Grass roots. We need to get off our asses and volunteer as poll workers. Let us count the votes or tell us why you won't. Why is there only one Project Veritas?

The time when the majority says, if it ain't broke don't fix it, is over. Even a moron can see it's broke (well, any but a purple haired moron, anyway). This is our hour to come up with something more tangible than, slow the spread and send an impotent message.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are still falling for the Ford/Chevy/IH/Dodge paradigm. Walk. Use horses. It's healthier for us all.

Would they?

Turn off CNN and ask real people how quick they'd be to reelect the molester.

Grass roots. We need to get off our asses and volunteer as poll workers. Let us count the votes or tell us why you won't. Why is there only one Project Veritas?

The time when the majority says, if it ain't broke don't fix it, is over. Even a moron can see it's broke (well, any but a purple haired moron, anyway). This is our hour to come up with something more tangible than, slow the spread and send an impotent message.
    Because you get arrested for running Project Veritas.

Communism made that man rich enough to own the best bike in the country. Many people wish to bring that prosperity here.

I drive twin I beam to this day, and have all my life.

I find it incredibly reliable and robust, even if does burn out tires.

ETA - and we already have fascism. What we are careening toward is Maoist Marxism.
    So you drive like grandma. Like a Ford pig-up driver, you stop before every curve, and crawl around every corner. Don't deny it--if you didn't you'd have thrown your Twin I Beam (and yourself with it) in the woods long ago. So? Why are you two trying to distract from my point by picking at my analogy? Because fascism is labeled right wing, so you want to conserve this hell the Democrats dragged us into?

Because you get arrested for running Project Veritas.
    Better to get arrested for that like a man on his feet than to wait on your knees until you get arrested for refusing the clot shot.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 11-07-2021 at 11:05 AM.

I still say walking is best. Don't fall for the Schwinn/Huffy paradigm. And walking should be with bare feet. No Addidas/Nike paradigm either.

When Lincoln joined the GOP it was neither grand nor old. It was new and small. How did it grow into something that could actually replace the Whig Party? Because...

"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country."--Abraham Lincoln

Right now the states are our only hope. And I've never been a huge fan of states rights. I don't think Alabama or Tennessee have the right to tell someone else he can own me as a slave nor do they have the right to tell me I can't attend a state funded institution simply because of the color of my skin. But the states standing up to the mandates gives me some hope.

That and we need to get the churches to stand up. Every church in America should be issuing religious exceptions. Louis Farrakhan is the only major church leader I know that has straight up said "don't get the vaccine" aside from the churches that just stay away from modern medicine period. The Bible says my body is the temple of God. So I shouldn't have to put something in that temple that has been only vetted by people loyal to St. Puppy Torturer.

Mass PEACEFUL protests at the CNN building. Let those SOBs call in the Atlanta police to protect them like they did from the BLM rioters. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Make alliances with like minded people who aren't republicans. I mentioned the Nation of Islam. There are also progressives who are against the vax. We need to destroy the myth that this is some sort of "pro Trump" thing when Trump pushed for the vaccines before liberals did and he's still stumping for them.

Seriously on the SOLE issue of vaccines (and maybe gun control), would you rather have this guy...

or this guy...?

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Posting this just so I'm clear.

But I am well aware of every GOP political "earthquake" in over the past 30 years, fizzling to naught.

1994 Contract With America

1 - Require all laws that apply to the rest of the country also apply to Congress; (no CCP189 Mandate for Congress)

2 - select a major, independent auditing firm to conduct a comprehensive audit of Congress for waste, fraud or abuse;

3 - cut the number of House committees, and cut committee staff by one-third;

4 - limit the terms of all committee chairs;

5 - ban the casting of proxy votes in committee;

6 - require committee meetings to be open to the public;

7 - require a three-fifths majority vote to pass a tax increase;

8 - guarantee an honest accounting of the Federal Budget by implementing zero base-line budgeting.

2010 Tea Party

Repeal of Obamacare.

Lower taxes

Lower national debt

Less regulation

So I have no great hopes that a "Red Wave" will change anything in 2022.

More time for what?

For the political wing of the so-called "liberty movement" to continue sitting on their collective hands waiting for the next election cycle so they can start chasing their tails again trying to get this "liberty guy" or that elected? How's that been workin' out for them?

Or maybe they can really get a fire burning and try to raise some third party up to the level that they can become the "new boss, same as the old boss."?

Or maybe you mean more time so that those of us who may be so inclined can prepare a little bit more before we have to hunker down and wait for the bad guys to come along and pick us off one at a time until there aren't any of us left?

More time is only a benefit if it's put to effective use. I don't see any indication that the political wing of the "liberty movement" has any idea how to do that.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Options:
    1) US 1776
    2) US 1865
    3) Germany 1941-1945
    4) USA 1984.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!