Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This email was brilliant from the Ron Paul campaign

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Warren G. Harding
    As Ron always says, there's always a risk.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.
    Get out the vote! Vote for Ron, and while you are at it, vote for other liberty candidates too!

Here are some candidates for Congress:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

US House
    ----------------------------------
    California
    Primary: Jun 05, 2012

Gary Clift (R) CA-3
    John Dennis (R) CA-8 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Jenny Worman (R) CA-28 - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Colorado
    Primary: Jun 26, 2012

Tisha Casida (I) CO-3 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Florida
    Primary: Aug 14, 2012

Calen Fretts (L) FL-1
    Marcus Rivchin (R) FL-18

Georgia
    Primary: July 31, 2012

Tom Graves (R-incumbent) GA-9 - (purity: ★★★☆☆)
    Paul Broun (R-incumbent) GA-10 - (purity: ★★★☆☆)

Idaho
    Primary: May 15, 2012

Rob Oates (L) ID-1 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Indiana
    Primary: May 08, 2012

Kristi Risk (R) IN-8 - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Kentucky
    Primary: May 22, 2012

Thomas Massie (R) KY-4 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Patrick Kelly (R) KY-6 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Maryland
    Primary: April 3, 2012

Peter James (R) MD-6
    Gus Alzona (R) MD-8

Michigan
    Primary: Aug 07, 2012

Justin Amash (R-incumbent) MI-3 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Kerry Bentivolio (R) MI-11

Missouri

Jason Greene (R) MO-5
    Mike Moon (R) MO-7
    Bob Parker (R) MO-8

New York
    Primary: June 26, 2012

Dan O'Connor (D) NY-7 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Robert Spencer (R) NY-25

North Carolina
    Primary: May 8, 2012

Walter Jones (R-incumbent) NC-3 - (purity: ★★★★☆)

North Dakota
    Primary: June 12, 2012

Eric Olson (L)

Ohio
    Primary: March 6, 2012

Richard Ehrbar (L) OH-3
    Bill Yarbrough (R) OH-12

Oregon

Art Robinson (R) OR-4 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Matthew Robinson (D) OR-4

Pennsylvania
    Primary: Apr 24, 2012

Mike Koffenberger (L) PA-4
    Evan Feinberg (R) PA-18

Texas
    Primary: May 29, 201

Patrick Hisel (L) TX-12 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    George Harper (R) TX-14 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Sheriff Richard Mack (R) TX-21 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Steve Susman (L) TX-22
    Wes Riddle (R) TX-25
    Bill Tofte (R) TX-34
    Michael Cole (L) TX-36
    Steve Stockman (R) TX-36

Utah
    Convention (No Primary in these races): April 21, 2012

Jacqueline Smith (R) UT-1 - (purity: ★★★★☆)
    Jason Chaffetz (R-incumbent) UT-3 - (purity: ★★★★☆)
    Carl Wimmer (R) UT-4 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Virginia
    Primary: June 12, 2012

Karen Kwiatowski (R) VA-6 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Floyd Bayne (R) VA-7
    Ken Vaughn (R) VA-11

Washington

US Senate
    -------------------------------------
    Arizona
    Primary: Aug 28, 2012

Jeff Flake (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

California
    Primary: Jun 05, 2012

Rick Williams (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Florida

Dan Stojadinovic (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Connie Mack (R)

Indiana
    Primary: May 08, 2012

Richard Mourdock (R) - (purity: ★★★☆☆)
    Andrew Horning (L)

Maryland
    Primary: Apr 03, 2012

Daniel Bongino (R)

Michigan

Scotty Boman (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Clark Durant (R)

Minnesota

Kurt Bills (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Missouri

Sarah Steelman (R) - (purity: ★★★☆☆)
    John Brunner (R) - (purity: ★★★☆☆)

Nebraska

Don Stenberg (R)

Pennsylvania
    Primary: Apr 24, 2012

Marc Scaringi (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Sam Rohrer (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Rhode Island
    Primary: Sep 11, 2012

Barry Hinckley (R)

Tennessee
    Primary: Aug 02, 2012

Zack Poskevich (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Texas
    Primary: May 29, 2012

Ted Cruz (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆) Odds: Good chance.
    Glenn Addison (R) - (purity: ★★★★★) Odds: Longshot.

Virginia
    Primary: Jun 12, 2012

Bob Marshall (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Wisconsin

Mark Neumann (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Green Purity indicates endorsement by Ron Paul.
    Lined-out candidates have dropped out or been eliminated.

Check out http://libertycandidates.com/ for more Liberty Candidate endorsements!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree, this move is for the best. I almost choked on my coffee when I read the headlines, but after thinking about it, it makes sense. We could never hope to influence so many people dollar for dollar against Romney. This will seal the deal for a low turnout since there is effectively no choice on the popular front, which will make the delegate battle easier. The time for winning hearts and minds is over and the time to make plays is now.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Truthfully, I think Ron's been overwhelmed at us going into non-caucus states and snagging delegates we "weren't entitled to," and doesn't want to rock the boat for Rand. He expected it in Iowa, Maine, etc... but we're kicking ass and taking names all over this place, and it's gotten beyond his control, and certainly beyond the control of the campaign. If Ron officially dropped out today, how many of us would not change a thing we are doing? He's got to remove himself at some level before it really gets good. Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    I wouldnt change a thing even if Ron himself put out a video saying to completely stop taking over the conventions. As much as I love Ron, he can't have it both ways and campaign on it being about the message and not the man, then turning around and start making it about the man and not the message. Ron would NEVER tell us to stop so it's purely academic but yeah this is out of his control now anyway.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Warren G. Harding
    In true Republican fashion, he was never one to regulate.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I wouldnt change a thing even if Ron himself put out a video saying to completely stop taking over the conventions. As much as I love Ron, he can't have it both ways and campaign on it being about the message and not the man, then turning around and start making it about the man and not the message. Ron would NEVER tell us to stop so it's purely academic but yeah this is out of his control now anyway.
    Hear, hear. Ron Paul could not stop the Liberty freight train if he wanted to (which I am sure he does not). It's not about Ron Paul. It's about our freedom and the nation we leave to our posterity.

Is he still able to participate in the RNC if everybody thinks he dropped out?

The press release was stupid. There was no reason to tell anyone that you were going to focus on caucus states. You just do it. Now it's created confusion and the MSM is running with as if he's out. I'm sorry there was nothing brilliant about this. It was actually height of amateurism.

The people we as a Liberty Movement have to be worried about now are the 110,000 Youth for Ron Paul Supporters.

I am shocked that Ron Paul would not continue to hold rallies on College Campus's to build the Liberty Movement in the outgoing years.

This is the most devastating part of "stupid" press release today. We shot ourselves in the proverbial foot if our goal is to continue building the Liberty Movement.

A HUGE BLUNDER!!!

I doubt it has that much to do with the wording of the email.
    Remember 2008? How many months were they saying Paul had dropped out while he was still running? They just want to be able to get that thing going - like he's dropped out, so they have an excuse to keep pretending he's out. Now they'll pretend they are vindicated when they don't cover any success he has. If it wasn't this email, they'd have found some other reason call him "out".

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    The people we as a Liberty Movement have to be worried about now are the 110,000 Youth for Ron Paul Supporters.

I am shocked that Ron Paul would not continue to hold rallies on College Campus's to build the Liberty Movement in the outgoing years.

This is the most devastating part of "stupid" press release today. We shot ourselves in the proverbial foot if our goal is to continue building the Liberty Movement.

A HUGE BLUNDER!!!
    college students cant fund the campaign.... the campaign probably realizes this so they cut and go the rallies. i know college students are the future of the movement, but it does not really benefit the campaign too much.
    -college students are too poor or paying off tuition to donate
    -college students too busy with school/job/relationship to do grassroots stuff
    -college students at a college might not be able to vote in their district because their original address is out of state
    -college students might just be going to rallies because it is the cool, hip thing to do, like Kony 2012

again, i do understand the importance of educating people.. maybe some might get involved in the delegate process at the conventions. maybe they might even join the grassroots. however, i imagine it is only a small portion of the 5,000-8,000 crowd that would go down this route.

the Romney campaign aren't going anywhere, they hold the reigns of media power, they are not stupid and probably even have poeple in these forums, they will use every dirty trick, we need to start getting lawyers and prosecute the fraud, we just need to carry on.

I'm gonna post this here also from another thread, as I see it can apply here also.

<<<<

Ok, here is my speculation on this...

This statement from the Paul campaign has a huge purpose and just might be genius. We already have the media ignoring us, and we have a huge task to get the message out about our wins of delegates and our delegate strategy. I was really trying to think why the Paul campaign would have stooped to such low levels like this.

Well, here's why. We don't have to look that far back. Just at the last thing that pissed some/most people off. That was Doug Wead's major announcement that wasn't a major announcement. Man, that sure got a lot of people's attention. One thing that stuck out from what he facebook/tweeted though was he stated that the establishment GOP is making it sound like we are trying to backdoor this thing and going against the will of the party. He stated we needed a HUGE way to get out the message that Paul was winning the delegates fair and square.

Well, here ya go. We now have EVERY medium right now reporting national and local that Paul has dropped out or shifted direction. Yes, WE HAVE EVERY MEDIUM, FINALLY. What do medium's have. Comments! We now have a way (RP internet revolution) to inform the masses of people that Ron Paul is winning huge. The more we can report to people to start informing them, the less of a shocker it will be when ol' brokered convention (abstain) or the final win (unbound) comes around.

So use this message a blessing in disguise even if it wasn't meant to be, because we now have the national podium to inform the sheeple that we are here to stay.

>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Apparition View Post
    The thing is... you didn't need an email to say any of that.
    Not right before a supposedly needed money bomb...
    I agree 100% with this sentiment.

It shouldn't have been sent like this. It shouldn't have been sent at all, even if that is what they plan to do.

If it is an intentional signal to the media and the Establishment, DON'T send it to the grass roots, dammit. Any pessimism shown only brings up bad memories from when he dropped out last time after assuring us he would 'go all the way' as long as the money was there (which it was) and we were behind him (which you can tell because we're STILL HERE!).
    "Rights are like muscles; you must exercise them to keep them fit, or they will atrophy and die." - Ed

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by maxoutco View Post
    I'm gonna post this here also from another thread, as I see it can apply here also.

<<<<

Ok, here is my speculation on this...

This statement from the Paul campaign has a huge purpose and just might be genius. We already have the media ignoring us, and we have a huge task to get the message out about our wins of delegates and our delegate strategy. I was really trying to think why the Paul campaign would have stooped to such low levels like this.

Well, here's why. We don't have to look that far back. Just at the last thing that pissed some/most people off. That was Doug Wead's major announcement that wasn't a major announcement. Man, that sure got a lot of people's attention. One thing that stuck out from what he facebook/tweeted though was he stated that the establishment GOP is making it sound like we are trying to backdoor this thing and going against the will of the party. He stated we needed a HUGE way to get out the message that Paul was winning the delegates fair and square.

Well, here ya go. We now have EVERY medium right now reporting national and local that Paul has dropped out or shifted direction. Yes, WE HAVE EVERY MEDIUM, FINALLY. What do medium's have. Comments! We now have a way (RP internet revolution) to inform the masses of people that Ron Paul is winning huge. The more we can report to people to start informing them, the less of a shocker it will be when ol' brokered convention (abstain) or the final win (unbound) comes around.

So use this message a blessing in disguise even if it wasn't meant to be, because we now have the national podium to inform the sheeple that we are here to stay.

>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    Rand already said his dad isn't going to win the nomination, I think this email is the beginning of the "break it to them gently" stage.
    What is the source for this? Include the exact quote ("said" what?).

Quote Originally Posted by The Free Hornet View Post
    What is the source for this? Include the exact quote ("said" what?).
    See video on this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375660

Quote is:

"Thousands of people are showing up to see a guy and hear a guy who isn't going to win the nomination." - Rand Paul (@ 4:29)
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Q11Q View Post
    Exactly.
    now that's some spin. Kudos though for trying to polish this turd.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Libertarian View Post
    If it is an intentional signal to the media and the Establishment, DON'T send it to the grass roots, dammit.
    Is this practical? Do they have an email list labeled "establishment" and one labeled "grass roots"? I'm not being a smartass. With a mass release of information, how do you target one group and not the other? At best you delay the transfer of knowledge for a few minutes. I like Ron Paul but he has no secret way of communicating with me. I bet Romney has Ron Paul donors on his campaign for no other reason than to get information faster. Paul may have people that do the same (donate a few bucks to a candidate, get emails and strategy info sooner).

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Libertarian View Post
    Any pessimism shown only brings up bad memories from when he dropped out last time after assuring us he would 'go all the way' as long as the money was there (which it was) and we were behind him (which you can tell because we're STILL HERE!).
    There was little pessimism aside from the implied lack of tens of millions of dollars. The media misinterpreted the press release - likely on purpose - and you are reacting to the reaction. In 2008, Ron Paul held an alternative convention and started the "Campaign for Liberty". I don't expect 2012 to end with a whimper.

Hell, I feel like we are being played by the MSM. It won't end well for the MSM as they make themselves increasingly useless and unreliable. I had two coworkers tell me Ron Paul ended his campaign. I knew was pure BS even though I have been off the forums all day. Honestly, I thought it was BS unless there was a serious health or family emergency. There wasn't. BS story is BS. Don't buy it.

We are better off when we are not on the radar. The establishment will have their heads in the cloud and we can continue getting delegates at State Conventions.

If Ron Paul went up and said "I'm going to kick Romney's ass" then Romney's supporters will show up at the conventions in droves.

I was worried that the establishment will catch on to our delegate strategy but now this keep us off the radar, so lets look to the conventions this weekend.

I didn't think about it from this angle. Nice.
    Then you thought correctly the first time because this angle is retarded and reeks of denial and desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    See video on this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375660

Quote is:

"Thousands of people are showing up to see a guy and hear a guy who isn't going to win the nomination." - Rand Paul (@ 4:29)
    Thanks. Rand might have been speaking casually as if to say, "thousands are showing up to see a guy nobody thinks will win the nomination". However, as he worded it, it is stupid. I would not take it as the gospel truth just because it is Rand Paul.

Also, Rand is playing a dangerous game with establishment and I think that statement shows either a disregard to the effect of words or he is courting the insider crowd to be the "safe" liberty candidate. He could be like the grape Mr Miyagi (Karate Kid) speaks of, not walking to the right or the left but getting squashed in the middle.

ok, so he's not spending money on any remaining primary states...so how many caucus states are left?

edit...found it...so the only caucus states left are 6/01-6/10 - Nebraska, Caucus
    6/14-6/16 - Montana, Caucus

so he's only going to campaign in these 2 states from now til then???
    Last edited by papitosabe; 05-14-2012 at 04:19 PM.
    Life long democrat recently turned RonPaulitan

Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple
    "I like that guys spunk."

if the grassroots that's supposed to be in the know is confused by this, what do you think all the soft support thinks? exactly what the media is narrating it as - that's what. that Paul is out. poor move, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    college students cant fund the campaign.... the campaign probably realizes this so they cut and go the rallies. i know college students are the future of the movement, but it does not really benefit the campaign too much.
    -college students are too poor or paying off tuition to donate
    -college students too busy with school/job/relationship to do grassroots stuff
    -college students at a college might not be able to vote in their district because their original address is out of state
    -college students might just be going to rallies because it is the cool, hip thing to do, like Kony 2012

again, i do understand the importance of educating people.. maybe some might get involved in the delegate process at the conventions. maybe they might even join the grassroots. however, i imagine it is only a small portion of the 5,000-8,000 crowd that would go down this route.
    Rallies are also a bit of an attractive nuisance. Ron Paul supporters fill their tank with $4 a gallon gasoline and drive hours to see Ron Paul speak. If msm mentioned every time RP got 10x as many people at a rally as Romney, then it would be "earned media". But they never mentioned those huge rallies. And they never really made the most of those huge rallies. People weren't roped into signing up on the email list, or registering, or contributing, in the numbers that it would be really really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by VBRonPaulFan View Post
    if the grassroots that's supposed to be in the know is confused by this, what do you think all the soft support thinks? exactly what the media is narrating it as - that's what. that Paul is out. poor move, imo.
    Are we counting on soft support to go to the conventions? My guess is no.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Rallies are also a bit of an attractive nuisance. Ron Paul supporters fill their tank with $4 a gallon gasoline and drive hours to see Ron Paul speak. If msm mentioned every time RP got 10x as many people at a rally as Romney, then it would be "earned media". But they never mentioned those huge rallies. And they never really made the most of those huge rallies. People weren't roped into signing up on the email list, or registering, or contributing, in the numbers that it would be really really useful.
    4 dollar gas couldve been donation money ^^ hehe

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by papitosabe View Post
    ok, so he's not spending money on any remaining primary states...so how many caucus states are left?

edit...found it...so the only caucus states left are 6/01-6/10 - Nebraska, Caucus
    6/14-6/16 - Montana, Caucus

so he's only going to campaign in these 2 states from now til then???
    No.

Conventions.

Like, just this past weekend. - Arizona, Oklahoma, Virginia.
    And the weekend before - Maine, Nevada.

Getting our people in as the delegates, that's the plan.

There are 5 (I think) this coming weekend. We don't really do all that great in the "people voting in voting booths" part. We do well in the "drive hours, spend days" part.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    4 dollar gas couldve been donation money ^^ hehe
    That's the exact point I was trying to make. Opportunity costs.

If any one is counting, we were supposedly out of this race hundreds if not thousands of times ago. We don't listen very well, just ask the Republican party "leadership".

Like a weasel stuck on an electric fence - we got them shaking.

Truthfully, I think Ron's been overwhelmed ...He's got to remove himself at some level before it really gets good
    Absolutely right, the best comment of the day. Nearly all crazy successes go beyond the imagination of their creator. Most primary elections 2012 already doubled 2008. I also think the campaign must have had a plan/knowledge which funds to expect. Todays announcer is nothing but repeating whats already been said: no campaigning in primary states!

'Dropping out' (thats what it is painted) just in that week with so many state conv ahead doesnt make any sense other than deceiving the opponent. Especially since conv went so well until now.

This will get funny when they have to drag him to the microphone in Tampa! With RP going underneath radars he could sweep most of this weeks conventions , run into an effective delegate lead, take that into TX to win it and add all up for CA. That could easily make Romney clear for the first dropout of the quartet at 7th of June. Got to play that on intrade!

All fantasy, but this weeks conventions will tell it all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast