Thread: OR-Gun sales double ahead of newly passed gun controls taking effect on 8 Dec

OR-Gun sales double ahead of newly passed gun controls taking effect on 8 Dec

Gun Sales More Than Double as Oregon Residents Race to Get Ahead of New Controls

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...-new-controls/

AWR HAWKINS 18 Nov 2022

Gun sales more than doubled in Oregon with Ballot Measure 114 (BM 114) pending, and Oregon State Police are struggling to keep up with the demand for background checks.

KDRV reports that BM 114 passed by a margin of 50.9 percent to 49.1 percent, and will take effect December 8, 2022.

In the weeks leading up to the November 8 elections, Breitbart News pointed to a Bearing Arms report that BM 114 was being bankrolled by out-of-state money. The measure requires a permit, which costs $65, to purchase a gun. It also bans “high capacity” magazines and requires law enforcement to maintain a database of gun permit applicants, among other things.

The process for getting a gun permit under BM 114 includes submitting fingerprints and passing a gun safety course, KDRV notes.

OregonLive observes that thousands upon thousands of state residents are seeking to get ahead of BM 114’s effective date.

The week of October 30th Oregon state police “received 8,609 requests for gun background checks on prospective buyers.” The number of requests “more than doubled to 18,065” the next week, when elections took place.

The surge in demand has led to state police falling behind in completing universal background checks, so that only 63 percent of pending background check requests have been approved.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That law should be challenged in court and ignored by law enforcement who should announce that it will not be enforced.
    Do something Danke

I think it would be good if anyone that owns a gun has had a gun safety course of sorts from another person that is highly proficient in gun safety.

But... This is not the way.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I think it would be good if anyone that owns a gun has had a gun safety course of sorts from another person that is highly proficient in gun safety.

But... This is not the way.
    That is how it is already.

I cannot think of a single gun owner I know, that has not had instruction, teaching and range time with a qualified person of some sort, a father, a friend, a co-worker.

That excludes, of course, thugs, villains and arch criminals of all sorts.

Who, of course, do not comply with mandated "training".

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That is how it is already.

I cannot think of a single gun owner I know, that has not had instruction, teaching and range time with a qualified person of some sort, a father, a friend, a co-worker.

I think it's good to state these common sense things once in a while, just in case a lost liberal walks in, they may understand the point better if they get the context.
    "I am a bird"

More guns are sold every time a new gun control bill passes.

Funny how that works.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

... and Producers on movie sets
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    The difference is?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    ... already covered

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·