Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Important executive order regarding taxes that no one is talking about

Important executive order regarding taxes that no one is talking about

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13789

Tax regulatory reform which eliminates tax regulations that exceed statutory authority and doesn't promote economic growth.

Irwin Schiff may as well signed this executive order.

Of course I'm going to get nonsense replies from Sunny Tufts and Zippyjuan. They would try to convince us that Hillary won.
    Last edited by dude58677; 10-05-2017 at 09:55 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    150 days from this order passed on September 18, 2017 - https://www.convertunits.com/dates/1...m/Apr+21,+2017

....Peter Schiff has not spoken to it either--he is not blatantly anti-Trump is he?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Schiff voted for Trump but he's been fairly critical of him

What, exactly, is so special about it? It orders the SecTreas to prepare a report. It's a nice step but doesn't have teeth since only Congress can amend the Internal Revenue Code.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

It is saying that the IRS can't enforce tax laws that limit economic growth. Requiring someone to pay taxes would certainly hurt economic growth. Would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    150 days from this order passed on September 18, 2017 - https://www.convertunits.com/dates/1...m/Apr+21,+2017
    Where's muh report?
    "The Patriarch"

Section 3. General Provisions.

(a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
    (i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or
    (ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.
    (b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.
    (c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
    //
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    //
    It repeals IRS REGULATIONS that EXCEED the internal revenue code.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    It repeals IRS REGULATIONS that EXCEED the internal revenue code.
    Ok, great, which ones has it repealed?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ok, great, which ones has it repealed?
    Stop thinking so one-dimensionally.

I know, it's a curse.
    "The Patriarch"

Hopefully optimistic.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It is saying that the IRS can't enforce tax laws that limit economic growth. Requiring someone to pay taxes would certainly hurt economic growth. Would it not?
    Don't all tax laws limit economic growth?

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13789

Tax regulatory reform which eliminates tax regulations that exceed statutory authority and doesn't promote economic growth.

Irwin Schiff may as well signed this executive order.

Of course I'm going to get nonsense replies from Sunny Tufts and Zippyjuan. They would try to convince us that Hillary won.
    This is old news, and you don't know squat about my opinion of Hillary (hint: it's lower than a snake's belly).

On July 7, 2017 the IRS identified eight regulations that in its opinion met at least one of the first two criteria set out in the order (the IRS would never admit that any of its regs met the third criterion -- i.e., that they exceeded the Service's statutory authority). Among the regs identified by the IRS were proposed regulations under IRC §2704, dealing with valuation issues in the gift and estate tax area. These proposed regs had been severely criticized by the estate planning community in hearings last December as vague, beyond the IRS's regulatory authority, and having the effect of overturning long-standing rules on valuing closely-held business interests.

Fortunately, the IRS withdrew these proposed regulations two days ago. While the executive order probably hastened the demise of the regs, the criticism from the estate planning community that had been leveled before the executive order was issued had already had an effect, as the IRS had announced that the estate planners had misconstrued the proposed regs and that the Service would seek to clarify them.

As I do a lot of estate planning work, I was overjoyed to see the proposed regs vanish.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    This is old news, and you don't know squat about my opinion of Hillary (hint: it's lower than a snake's belly).

On July 7, 2017 the IRS identified eight regulations that in its opinion met at least one of the first two criteria set out in the order (the IRS would never admit that any of its regs met the third criterion -- i.e., that they exceeded the Service's statutory authority). Among the regs identified by the IRS were proposed regulations under IRC §2704, dealing with valuation issues in the gift and estate tax area. These proposed regs had been severely criticized by the estate planning community in hearings last December as vague, beyond the IRS's regulatory authority, and having the effect of overturning long-standing rules on valuing closely-held business interests.

Fortunately, the IRS withdrew these proposed regulations two days ago. While the executive order probably hastened the demise of the regs, the criticism from the estate planning community that had been leveled before the executive order was issued had already had an effect, as the IRS had announced that the estate planners had misconstrued the proposed regs and that the Service would seek to clarify them.

As I do a lot of estate planning work, I was overjoyed to see the proposed regs vanish.
    The deep state doesn't comply with the third part of the order.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    Don't all tax laws limit economic growth?
    Yes, that is why the executive order is making taxes voluntary because if it isnt it hurts econonic growth which goes against the order. This has ti be Donald Trumps intention because he doesnt want to hurt the people in his company that he still owns and hasnt given up which is Trump Organization
    The only problem is that the deep state IRS is not fully complying as Sonny Tufts has stated.
    Last edited by dude58677; 10-06-2017 at 09:04 AM.

On July 7, 2017 the IRS identified eight regulations that in its opinion met at least one of the first two criteria set out in the order (the IRS would never admit that any of its regs met the third criterion -- i.e., that they exceeded the Service's statutory authority).
    The entire FRP program operates outside of both the CFR and USC; Trump's admin needs to have the entire Ogden, UT branch dismantled and those employees retired out or fired, they are each and all the taint of the IRS.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

What are some examples of tax regulations that exceed statutory authority?

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    The entire FRP program operates outside of both the CFR and USC; Trump's admin needs to have the entire Ogden, UT branch dismantled and those employees retired out or fired, they are each and all the taint of the IRS.
    IRC §6702 not only imposes penalties for frivolous returns and positions, it specifically authorizes the Secretary of the Treasury to prescribe a list of frivolous positions. There is plenty of statutory support for the frivolous return program.
    Last edited by Sonny Tufts; 10-06-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    What are some examples of tax regulations that exceed statutory authority?
    The proposed §2704 regs arguably did. For a summary of this complex area, see http://www.willamette.com/insights_j...ter_2016_2.pdf

Some regulations that exceed statutory authority are actually taxpayer-friendly, so nobody complains. One I come across from time to time are the regs under §338(h)(10) that allow an acquisition of stock in an S corporation to be treated as an asset purchase for tax purposes (the advantage here is that the buyer gets a cost basis in the corporation's assets thereby allowing future depreciation and amortization deductions). But there's nothing in the language of the statute that addresses this situation.
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

... you don't know squat about my opinion of Hillary (hint: it's lower than a snake's belly).

LOL at Sonny Tufts playing Zip's games. Guessing both them voted for Obama, and at least one of them supported Sanders.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    LOL at Sonny Tufts playing Zip's games. Guessing both them voted for Obama, and at least one of them supported Sanders.
    What games are you talking about here?

What about this executive order is supposed to be a big deal?

Do you disagree with something Sonny has said in this thread?

IRC §6702 not only imposes penalties for frivolous returns and positions, it specifically authorizes the Secretary of the Treasury to prescribe a list of frivolous positions. There is plenty of statutory support for the frivolous return program.
    And the statute is being grossly misapplied--the definition of what is frivolous and what is exempted from the context of it--and the regulations are not being followed for individual filers. It has become an abusive scheme by inept IRS employees and tax-"pro" idiots.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What games are you talking about here?

What about this executive order is supposed to be a big deal?

Do you disagree with something Sonny has said in this thread?

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I honestly have no idea what that means.

As usual, you haven't a clue.
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

I honestly have no idea what that means.

As usual, you haven't a clue.
    Well, why don't you fill me in, captain?

Is it safe to say, then, that you and dude58677 can't really come up with anything remarkable about this executive order to show why it's so important and like something that Irwin Schiff would have signed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast