Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *OFFICIAL TRUMP 2024 CAMPAIGN ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD*

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yeah he might get big crowds to go to a stupid rally. Nobody is debating that. He probably still has millions of supporters, nobody is debating that either. Millions of stupid supporters will not win the election in a country of 300 million. He will never get the votes to win an election.
    It would with Hand counted Paper Ballots..

Hacked Machines will elect a befuddled Pedo,,against the will of the People.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Then work your ass off to get Massie nominated. If Massie gets the nom he will announce his independent run before the RNC convention adjourns, just to split the vote.
    If Massie wins the republican nomination, then Trump is gonna miss out on my support, lol. The experiment would work better if the establishment pushes someone like Romney or Pence onto the republican ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Yeah hmmm I don't know about all that. From what I'm seeing, online at least, Trump has lost the vast majority of his 2016 base. His online support -screams- astroturf shilling, not organic at all. Between vax pimping, J6 stuff, general lack of swamp-draining, constant money-grubbing, etc even the dimmest of flyover folks aren't enthusiastic anymore. This is why I think Trump is just involved to make DeSantis look like a great choice for the 2024 GOP, while Don vs Ron sucks the air out of the room away from any other candidates, just like how 2016 Trump did for 2016 candidates. It's engineered and scripted, for the most part, by intel agencies and their associated think tanks who cook this stuff up.
    ^This. People need to be woken up to these facts.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    ^This. People need to be woken up to these facts.
    LOL, ya, if only the mainstream media would report all that. Oh wait, that's exactly what they are reporting.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    LOL, ya, if only the mainstream media would report all that. Oh wait, that's exactly what they are reporting.
    Let's have a link to an MSM source reporting exactly that "Don vs Ron sucks the air out of the room away from any other candidates", just as is "engineered and scripted, for the most part, by intel agencies and their associated think tanks". Because I, for one, am very curious to see it.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Yes Biden is a pedo, yes he is not all there mentally. Nobody is debating that. Trump does not have the votes to win a general election no matter what voting method is used or who counts them.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    If Massie wins the republican nomination, then Trump is gonna miss out on my support, lol. The experiment would work better if the establishment pushes someone like Romney or Pence onto the republican ticket.
    I'd vote for Romney or Pence now. Last time I was so pissed off, I voted LP instead of Romney. But I've changed my mind and would go for Romney if he was to run again. Pence too, I'm not the biggest fan, but I respect he had the balls to stand up to Trump in the end.

Part of Trump's POS MAGA speech:

Trump and The War on Drugs
    Charles Burris

In his November 15, 2022 announcement statement of his 2024 run for the presidency, Donald Trump focused on many crucial issues and challenges facing the American people. But he chose one specific primary issue that he hoped would emotionally galvanize support for his new electoral effort in the court of public opinion:

I WILL ASK CONGRESS FOR LEGISLATION ENSURING THAT DRUG DEALERS AND HUMAN TRAFFICKERS, THESE ARE TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE HORRIBLE, PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DEATH, CARNAGE AND CRIME ALL OVER OUR COUNTRY. EVERY DRUG DEALER, DURING HIS OR HER LIFE ON AVERAGE WILL KILL 500 PEOPLE WITH THE DRUGS THEY SELL, NOT TO MENTION THE DESTRUCTION OF FAMILIES. BUT WE’RE GOING TO BE ASKING EVERYONE WHO SELLS DRUGS, GETS CAUGHT, TO RECEIVE THE DEATH PENALTY FOR THEIR HEINOUS ACTS. BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY WAY. WE DON’T NEED ANY MORE BLUE-RIBBON COMMITTEES. I DON’T LIKE TO SAY THIS. I DON’T EVEN KNOW IF THE AMERICAN PUBLIC IS READY FOR IT. A LOT OF MY PEOPLE SAY, PLEASE DON’T SAY THAT, SIR. THAT’S NOT NICE. THEY KILL 500 PEOPLE EACH ON AVERAGE.

Trump’s powerful impassioned rhetorical statement evoking horrific images of decaying, crime infested, needle-strewn urban areas of homeless encampments and squalor ignores many existential realities and consequences concerning this serious issue:

The global narcotics trade is one the biggest businesses in the world. For centuries it has been fostered and enabled by complicit governments around the world. It is fueled by the intersection of drug money, intelligence and money laundering on a vast scale by banks and financial institutions. Authoritative researchers have connected the dots linking the “underworld” of organized crime (narcotics) to the upper world of the Establishment (Wall Street banks and elite connected corporations/foundations/media). Interwoven within the nexus are the covert intelligence agencies of the deep state.

Those critical concerns were recently expressed by 2022 Libertarian US Senate candidate Robert Murphy:

The Drug War is a Racket, a Charade, a Fiction, designed to rally political support against a mystical threat to civilization in order to justify authoritarian regulation of human behavior. The threat, of course, is the use of drugs, which was said to be a source of all sorts of immoral and criminal activity. When President Nixon declared the War On Drugs in 1971, though, it was for political reasons.

To quote an aide of President Richard M. Nixon, who first declared War On Drugs: “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.” John Ehrlichman, to Dan Baum for Harper’s Magazine in 1994, about President Richard Nixon’s war on drugs, declared in 1971. It was essentially a continuation of an attack on the freedom of every individual to decide for themselves what to use as medicine.

Legal prohibition of a powerful human desire always leads to corruption, and eventually catastrophe. The lesson was clear in the 1920s, when alcohol was banned, and criminal gangs rose to satisfy demand. It is working in the same way today.
    Full article here:
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...-war-on-drugs/
    There is no spoon.

I'd vote for Romney or Pence now. .
    you seem like a Romney voter.

the guy had to have Hired supporters. I remember them ditching the Shirts when shift was over.

the crap bastard is responsible for selling out manufacturing in this country.. Put a Lot of Folks out of work..
    Last edited by pcosmar; 11-16-2022 at 05:17 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

you seem like a Romney voter.

the guy had to have Hired supporters. I remember them ditching the Shirts when shift was over.

the crap bastard is responsible for selling out manufacturing in this country.. Put a Lot of Folks out of work..
    You may be right, I don't doubt it. Still better than Trump or Biden.

Romney is a Rockefeller-Republican, just like his Daddy before him. No bueno.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Full article here:
    What if he starts with the CIA?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What if pink unicorns start farting flower-scented rainbows?

Full article here:
    Yeah, I've noticed him repeating the death-penalty-for-drug-dealers plank in his post-presidency speeches leading up to this. I think that this plank exposes the rotten heart of the GOP quite well. I suppose that there can be good reasons for a crackdown on drugs, alcohol or even loud music. Public order can be disrupted to the point of baiting a social breakdown or mayhem. But evoking imagery of those extreme possibilities and reframing it as typical, smacks of desperation.

The GOP presents itself as the party of faith-and-flag, but how can it be? Jesus taught us to forgive others (yes, unconditionally, see Matt. 18:35), to turn the other cheek even to our enemies, to devote our resources whole-heartedly to the kingdom of God (e.g. "sell all you have, give to the poor, and follow me"), to pull the plank from our own eye, and so on. The Left loves to spit these verses in the face of self-righteous, hypocritical right-wingers and the fact is... they deserve it. In this particular respect, the Left becomes the voice of divine judgment against religious conservatives who are blatantly spitting on the word of God. The idea that you can wrap yourself in the Bible, and then campaign to have people put to death for dealing drugs is bonkers. It's not within a trillion light-years of being anywhere in the vicinity of anything that has to do with what Jesus taught.

Yeah, fine, the civil State keeps public order by God's decree, but that's totally irrelevant to the question of what a party's platform should be, particularly in respect to moral beliefs and orientation. The drug war had its run. It didn't change the world for the better. It took a bad world and turned it into a nightmare world. A party that was truly committed to Christian values and beliefs would orient itself to facilitating the establishment of the kingdom of God on earth, in fullness, and the only way that will happen is when we are aligned with the teachings of Jesus. There will be no kingdom of God on earth but that it is a righteous kingdom. "See, a king will reign in righteousness and rulers will rule with justice." (Isaiah 32:1) Righteousness begins with Me, Myself and I. With few exceptions, the GOP is a party of Pharisees, not repentant sinners.

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” (Luke 18:9-14)
    The GOP can continue to ignore divine warning as they wish, but that is how we end up carried away into Babylonian exile. That is how you ensure that the Globalist Sodom is indeed established worldwide. The only path forward for any of us is repentance and contrition, first for our own sins, and then those of our nation...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 11-16-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Romney is a Rockefeller-Republican, just like his Daddy before him. No bueno.
    You may be right. Still better than Trump or Biden.

We're talking about Donald Trump, the guy who had names like Barr, Coates, Haspel and Pompeo in his cabinet, and unless I'm very much mistaken, elevated the Director of Central Intelligence into a cabinet-level office.

What Trump are you talking about? Is this Trump in the room with you now?

Full article here:
    When I first heard him propose the death penalty for drug dealers I expected to come here, see a long thread about it and the end of the Trump support here since is so far over the line. I cannot see how any Christian or liberty minded person can support him after these statements. Even if he is just trying to appeal to the police vote, strategically it does not seem to be that significant where you can just write off everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed him repeating the death-penalty-for-drug-dealers plank in his post-presidency speeches leading up to this. I think that this plank exposes the rotten heart of the GOP quite well. I suppose that there can be good reasons for a crackdown on drugs, alcohol or even loud music. Public order can be disrupted to the point of baiting a social breakdown or mayhem. But evoking imagery of those extreme possibilities and reframing it as typical, smacks of desperation.

The GOP presents itself as the party of faith-and-flag, but how can it be? Jesus taught us to forgive others (yes, unconditionally, see Matt. 18:35), to turn the other cheek even to our enemies, to devote our resources whole-heartedly to the kingdom of God (e.g. "sell all you have, give to the poor, and follow me"), to pull the plank from our own eye, and so on. The Left loves to spit these verses in the face of self-righteous, hypocritical right-wingers and the fact is... they deserve it. In this particular respect, the Left becomes the voice of divine judgment against religious conservatives who are blatantly spitting on the word of God. The idea that you can wrap yourself in the Bible, and then campaign to have people put to death for dealing drugs is bonkers. It's not within a trillion light-years of being anywhere in the vicinity of anything that has to do with what Jesus taught.

Yeah, fine, the civil State keeps public order by God's decree, but that's totally irrelevant to the question of what a party's platform should be, particularly in respect to moral beliefs and orientation. The drug war had its run. It didn't change the world for the better. It took a bad world and turned it into a nightmare world. A party that was truly committed to Christian values and beliefs would orient itself to facilitating the establishment of the kingdom of God on earth, in fullness, and the only way that will happen is when we are aligned with the teachings of Jesus. There will be no kingdom of God on earth but that it is a righteous kingdom. "See, a king will reign in righteousness and rulers will rule with justice." (Isaiah 32:1) Righteousness begins with Me, Myself and I. With few exceptions, the GOP is a party of Pharisees, not repentant sinners.

The GOP can continue to ignore divine warning as they wish, but that is how we end up carried away into Babylonian exile. That is how you ensure that the Globalist Sodom is indeed established worldwide. The only path forward for any of us is repentance and contrition, first for our own sins, and then those of our nation...
    I agree. +1, out of rep.

Even if he is not elected or elected but could not get it implemented by law, it amps up the actions of the police state. How many in law enforcement agree with this behavior and will use it to justify in their own minds street executions.

The US already has a significant police state problem with police taking matters in their own hands and deciding justice outside the law. Just him floating these things will only make this problem worse with officers exacting the death penalty without due process believing it is a virtue because of the cult of Trump.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

https://twitter.com/LegendaryEnergy/...48007125016576

I like that Trump tried to stop illegal immigration.

He enacted more anti-2A laws, making it illegal to own a bump stock.

What else did he do from a libertarian or even a conservative perspective?

What a wasted Presidency.
    Last edited by unknown; 11-17-2022 at 07:21 AM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    https://twitter.com/LegendaryEnergy/...48007125016576

I doubt anyone would ask him.

Because the reply would expose that this is the norm for both sides.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump is the only Republican that will run who has any chance of winning the white working class Rust Belt voters. No one else will win Pennsylvania, Michigan or Wisconsin in 2024.

I said it at the end of 2020 and I'll say it again. Trump was the worst President since Calvin Coolidge, except for all the other Presidents since Calvin Coolidge. I'll vote for him for a third time.

Romney is about as bad as it gets in American politics. He's a uniparty neocon that has never seen a socialist policy he didn't love. He didn't stand up for anything other than leftism. Politicians like Romney and McCain are exactly who are referred to when the uniparty is mentioned. In his corporate life, he also bought out successful companies, raided both their cash and the pension funds and then let them go bankrupt. All using federal reserve sponsored leveraged buyouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Romney is about as bad as it gets in American politics. He's a uniparty neocon that has never seen a socialist policy he didn't love. He didn't stand up for anything other than leftism. Politicians like Romney and McCain are exactly who are referred to when the uniparty is mentioned. In his corporate life, he also bought out successful companies, raided both their cash and the pension funds and then let them go bankrupt. All using federal reserve sponsored leveraged buyouts.
    Romney and a few others like him destroyed the Manufacturing base in this Country..

sold it to Foreign interests at bargain prices.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

How is it that hand counts come out with the same number as the hacked machine counts?
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    How is it that hand counts come out with the same number as the hacked machine counts?
    Who knows. How do pick-pockets do what they do? I suppose there is an entire ocean of technique which can be learned by practicing it. The point of casting paper ballots in-person is that it removes as many vectors of funny-business as possible. Chinese hackers can't hack your county's paper ballots. They might not be able to hack your county's Diebold/Dominion counting machines. But who knows, really. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

As an illustrative example, it might be that you run a computer simulation of the election (this can be done using a technique called "Markov Chain Monte Carlo" or MCMC) and then, during the election, you use the model to calculate a minimal number of interventions that will be required to swing certain key races the "right" way. The idea that this is impossible or the tools/techniques for it don't exist is silly... we know that the CIA actually does this in banana republics. And probably elsewhere. Then, using light-fingered methods, you swap out a key ballot-storage box and adjust the vote-totals in the county's Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. I know, that's super-duper complicated because it's a two-step procedure. It's a miracle what highly-trained intelligence operatives are capable of! Not one, but two steps!

The possibility of such methods can never be completely ruled out. But that's not the point. It's like locking your front door -- the lock doesn't make it "impossible" for someone to break in, it just raises the stakes. They're going to have to make enough ruckus/disturbance that you will be awakened, etc. That's the logic behind paper ballots versus electronic. Anything electronic is susceptible to some clever break, doesn't matter what it is. Ordinary election workers -- people who are not tech-savvy and don't understand digital security (a subtle field of expertise in its own right) -- are very liable to simple digital security breaches. But anyone understands how a physical lock-box works. Anyone understands what it means for ballots to be in this box or that box, but not both. And so on. By reducing the security of the election process to basic physical security, we reduce the need for security-specialists and other experts to handle the logistics of the election, thereby keeping the election truly in the hands of the people as much as possible.

But this is all quite obvious. The real question is this: Why does this even need to be explained?
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    They often do not lately..

How does the machine Count votes it spits out?

And what about Vote Flipping by Machines (Known since 2006)
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

They often do not lately
    2020 disagrees

How does the machine Count votes it spits out?
    It's a paper ballot.

And what about Vote Flipping by Machines (Known since 2006)
    How is it that hand counts come out with the same number as the flipped vote counts?
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Did I already say this?

Oh well, needs to be said again:

Trump will not be able to win the GOP primary.

His ego will propel him to run third party (again? didn't he run as a Reform party candidate once?), thus splitting the vote on the right and ensuring, as much as any of this voting $#@! can be trusted anymore, another four years of OBiden.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Trump will not be able to win the GOP primary.
    I would say it depends on how many non-Trump / anti-Trump candidates there are. If they split the non-Trump vote across too many people, then he could win.

That's the story of 2016 - in the early states, Trump was getting something like 1/3rd of the primary vote but there were so many nearly-identical clowns in the clown car that nobody could match him.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    His ego will propel him to run third party (again? didn't he run as a Reform party candidate once?), thus splitting the vote on the right and ensuring, as much as any of this voting $#@! can be trusted anymore, another four years of OBiden.
    I think that if he were to run third party it would be pure grift for the campaign contributions and he wouldn't actually try to get votes. Just like 2022.
    Pinochet is the model

They will use the Trump vs Deshamtis rivalry to shut everyone else out of coverage and ultimately primary votes. The plan being for Trump to win the primaries and the #2 primary winner, DeShamtis VP.

If he fails to win the primary, I am going to go with what AF said above. He runs third party and siphons enough Republican votes away to hand the election to the Dems.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast