Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 midterm election results *** OFFICIAL THREAD ***

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1590777640071618560
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1590776348913434625
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1590777640071618560
    I'm wondering if AZ and Colorado took my suggestion to hold their results until the lib cities had finished reporting. It's gotta be messing the dems up not knowing how much to cheat by.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

https://twitter.com/Gitmo99/status/1590862307063926785

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone else get the feeling that all this "counting" going on right now is just the government party finalizing deals about which party gets which seats?

Just like a government-run program, you can never count on them to complete the negotiations before the project begins.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It's not cheating if you do it on live TV...

https://twitter.com/udreams30/status...15644229316609
    Amazing how that video disappeared...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Anyone else get the feeling that all this "counting" going on right now is just the government party finalizing deals about which party gets which seats?

Just like a government-run program, you can never count on them to complete the negotiations before the project begins.

https://twitter.com/USAB4L/status/1590929491307950085

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I gotta get some of those "I Voted (Days Ago)!" stickers
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    "Education" isn't defined as, the spammer had no logical reason but demanded everyone take his word for it.
    Projection.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Projection.
    Ever since I taught you what that word means, you've been trying to inject it into every conversation like a two year old does with new words.
    We believe our lying eyes...

I'm sure they've bought a few key republicans in leadership positions, but IMO dark money has gone pretty much all-in on funding the left in the past few years. Ever notice how democrats are out-fundraising republicans in most every election? Of course they won't talk about fundraising much because it conflicts with the narrative that 'republicans are always the corporatists and democrats are for the little guy.'

Not saying though that the amount poured into both parties isn't beyond absurd.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 11-11-2022 at 06:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I'm sure they've bought a few key republicans in leadership positions, but IMO dark money has gone pretty much all-in on funding the left in the past few years. Ever notice how democrats are out-fundraising republicans in most every election? Of course they won't talk about fundraising much because it conflicts with the narrative that 'republicans are always the corporatists and democrats are for the little guy.'

Not saying though that the amount poured into both parties isn't beyond absurd.
    And that fundraising money from all sides, mostly ends up in the MSM coffers. And of course we know who controls the MSM.

Last edited by acptulsa; 11-11-2022 at 02:22 PM.

A telling..

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Daniel McCarthy Dissects the Midterm Election
    Daniel McCarthy joins Jeff and Bob to consider the deep unseriousness of American politics and electorate.

00:00 : Introduction
    00:59 : What People Vote For (Hint: It's not curbing inflation)
    12:06 : Federalism/Secession
    25:44 : Where The Country is Headed
    30:08 : Foreign Policy
    34:18 : Trump and Shaping the Narrative
    41:32 : The Different Factions of the Right

https://odysee.com/@mises:1/daniel-m...-the-midterm:9
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 11-11-2022 at 10:35 PM.

From Josh Hawley, who I really like:

The Missouri populist believes the Republican Party offered voters plenty in the way of generalized gripes about Democrats and President Biden – but no actionable alternative. Hawley blames that on what he calls “Washington Republicanism,” specifically Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. He also thinks it was a bad idea to talk about making changes to Social Security and Medicare.

“I lay that at the feet of the Washington establishment that set the tone for these races,” he added. “They failed to offer that kind of vision.”

Republicans certainly placed their hopes in voter resentment. They banked on the electorate rebuking a less-than-popular president overseeing historic inflation rates and high gasoline and food prices. And a policy prescription-free midterm was what Minority Leader Mitch McConnell wanted.

According to Hawley, that strategy “was a pretty serious mistake.” He says that many voters, particularly “Obama-Trump voters,” just stayed home, essentially reporting back to both parties in Washington through their non-participation that “‘I just don’t trust either of you guys.’”

Republicans did not go into November completely without a plan. The party just didn’t have an official one. Florida Sen. Rick Scott released a 60-page “11-point plan to rescue America” that offered 128 proposals. One of those proposals was to sunset all federal programs. Scott reasoned that “if a law is worth keeping, Congress can pass it again.”

There was no caveat that would’ve spared Social Security or Medicare. The White House pounced. Even though the plan was not an official document, Biden hammered it like it was party orthodoxy and claimed that Republicans wanted to cut the popular programs. And when previewing a looming showdown over spending, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy in October would not rule out changes to entitlement such as Medicare and Social Security as part of those negotiations.

Hawley pronounced that kind of talk “nuts.”

“This does not address any of the felt concerns of voters, particularly voters who are struggling economically, who are struggling with rising prices, who have paid into those systems, by the way, with their wages, their entire working lives,” he said.

“I don't understand why in the world Republicans would say ‘Oh, yeah, let's first when we get back to the majority, let's go fiddle with those programs that you've paid into, and that you are going to depend on for your livelihood in retirement.’ I think it's nuts,” he added.

Hawley took issue in particular with an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal by Sen. Mitt Romney arguing that it was time for Republicans to get serious about excessive spending, including “nondiscretionary spending on entitlements, such as Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid, and on servicing the debt.”

full article: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...es_148459.html
    Look at you. I'm a Trumper.
    Go fuck yourself, you open borders mf.
    I'm also white, bitch. You can try to genocide me, commie and I'll make sure your good old days don't stay good.
    You cancer on humanity, Biden bro, motherfucker.

- some comment online

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Ever since I taught you what that word means, you've been trying to inject it into every conversation like a two year old does with new words.
    In your dreams maybe.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

In your dreams maybe.
    Wait, you think real people have actual dreams about arrogant and obnoxious partisan keyboard warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    There is no way that Kelly outperformed Masters by that margin.
    Masters' race is probably going to be decided by less than 30,000 votes, and Mitch McConnell decided to spend $9M in Alaska to help a pro-abortion Republican beat an America-First Republican for no other reason than Blake said he wouldn't support McConnell for majority leader. FU, Mitch!!!

Amazing how that video disappeared...
    But but muh Elon!?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    But but muh Elon!?
    Smells muskier every day.

//
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast