Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington offers $33 million to families of Sandy Hook school shooting victims

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That's an amusing hit piece. Don't believe her just because she says she's a health expert. Believe me when I say I'm a digital health expert (and avocado eater, not necessarily in that order).

They represent a high similarity, but that's not definitive. That's a non-denial denial worthy of Nixon. Not that I saw that at the site you linked (I see you added a link on edit, maybe it's there). But I did find this:

Wait, isn't this a company that has been made immune from liability claims, and an agency that was bypassed in this case?
    Sometimes there is some truth in hit pieces and sometimes anti-vax grifters may or may not be onto something. The open question here is if it is not Graphene but looks similar to it under a scope, what are the ramifications of that.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Dumbasses. All gun manufacturers should form a protective union where they pull resources and hire the bestest lawyers. They not only cut their own throats but those of the rest in the industry.
    Kind of surprising. When I read the articles on this I expected to find the sources funding the $33 million other than Remington. I guess not.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a joke.

Guns dont kill people any more than pencils misspell words, or write words that hurt leftist feelings.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

heh, this thread is all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    That's really rich because I GUARANTEE YOU I've manned up, grew a pair and exercise my Constitutional rights way more than you do. I really don't want a pissing contest here since I generally like you but you're barking up the wrong tree if you think I need to, in any way, shape or form, man up and grow a pair. @cjm
    To the question of @devil21's willingness to defend his rights, I can unequivocally vouch for him. He has manned up and paid prices to stand up for his rights that I have (to this point) been unwilling to pay myself. I admire him for his efforts in this realm.

On the question of secession, I think @devil21 is right in that the failed secession attempt in 1861 did lead to greater centralization of government but the successful secession in 1776 lead to greater decentralization. So on the question of secession in general, I'm more on the side of @TheTexan in that I support it in concept, but one should consider the costs when considering specific secession attempts, for both successes and failures.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The idea that China will occupy the US is a fantasy. At best they can nuke us and leave. The way that North America is situated geographically, it would not be possible within the next 100 years.
    Occupying the "sea to shining sea" US, is certainly a fantasy, but occupying the territory west of the Rockies in the near future? Idk, that looks doable to me. It wouldn't hurt to stock up on some Lugol's.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    heh, Occupying the "sea to shining sea" US, is certainly a fantasy, but occupying the territory west of the Rockies in the near future? Idk, that looks doable to me. It wouldn't hurt to stock up on some Lugol's.
    Give them a port and they'll never give us peace.

Still, they might be better neighbors than Californians are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Give them a port and they'll never give us peace.

Still, they might be better neighbors than Californians are.
    We could also save a lot on shipping. We could buy cheap chinese $#@! straight from california.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Dumbasses. All gun manufacturers should form a protective union where they pull resources and hire the bestest lawyers. They not only cut their own throats but those of the rest in the industry.
    Yup. this.

I have to look into it, but I'll bet good money Remington is run by some woke ass venture capital firm full of diversity and soy boys.

ETA: Yup. Long since bankrupt, largely because of this suit, so it would appear the 33 million is just fantasy money anyways.

Of course the SCOTUS punted on hearing whether the Protection in Commerce law superseded state law.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-30-2021 at 09:16 AM.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    ETA: Yup. Long since bankrupt, largely because of this suit, so it would appear the 33 million is just fantasy money anyways.
    The military industrial complex loves killing the competition off. In the fifties, it was a price war, begun just about the time Charles Wilson became defense secretary and cut Studebaker, Packard, and a host of other non-Big-Three truck and engine builders off. Because he couldn't conceive of a situation where something was good for General Motors but bad for the country.

This crap smells exactly the same way. Cost-plus-plus military contractors can afford these suits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Mexican Government Sues U.S. Gun Makers over Cartel Crime

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...cartel-crime/#

AWR Hawkins 4 Aug 2021

The government of Mexico is suing six U.S. gun makers and one Boston-area wholesaler, claiming “massive damage” created by “unlawful trafficking” of firearms to cartel and criminal elements.

The Mexican Government’s suit opens with trafficking claims and naming the six manufacturers and the wholesaler:

Plaintiff Estados Unidos Mexicanos (the “Government”), a sovereign nation, brings this action to put an end to the massive damage that the Defendants cause by actively facilitating the unlawful trafficking of their guns to drug cartels and other criminals in Mexico. Almost all guns recovered at crime scenes in Mexico — 70% to 90% of them — were trafficked from the U.S. The Defendants include the six U.S.-based manufacturers whose guns are most often recovered in Mexico — Smith & Wesson, Beretta, Century Arms, Colt, Glock, and Ruger. Another manufacturer defendant is Barrett, whose .50 caliber sniper rifle is a weapon of war prized by the drug cartels. The remaining defendant — Interstate Arms — is a Boston-area wholesaler through which all but one of the defendant manufacturers sell their guns for re-sale to gun dealers throughout the U.S.

The Mexican Government specifically states that the flood of said firearms into Mexico is not “an inevitable consequence of the gun business or of U.S. gun laws.” Instead, they suggest the flow of gun is the result of “the Defendants’ deliberate actions and business practices.”

They also point to the stringent gun controls in Mexico, then claim “Defendants undermine these stringent laws, and wreak havoc in Mexican society, by persistently supplying a torrent of guns to the drug cartels.”

The Mexican Government points to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA), a 2005 Act which shields gun makers from frivolous lawsuits.

They then state:

The United States is, of course, free to choose its social policy reflecting a balance between the financial interests of the gun industry and the rights of victims within its jurisdiction. By the same token, however, the Government of Mexico is entitled to choose a different social policy that reflects a different balance between the interests of victims in Mexico and the interests of gun manufacturers that foreseeably and deliberately cause trafficking of their guns into Mexico.

The Mexican Government is seeking a portion of the Defendants’ profits, as well as “damages…in an amount to be determined by trial.”
    They also seek to be reimbursed for the “costs of suit, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, as provided by law,” and seek payment for other claims as well.

The case is Mexico v. Smith and Wesson, No. 1:21-cv-11269, in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12