Thread: Charlotte/NoDa "smile friendly" pubs?

Charlotte/NoDa "smile friendly" pubs?

I'm heading to Charlotte, NC in a couple weeks, staying in the NoDa area. Are there any pubs/taverns in that area that will let me walk in without a mask? If you want to protect the names of your favorite haunts, feel free to PM me. TIA.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good luck finding a bar in that area that will allow you to walk in without a mask.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Good luck finding a bar in that area that will allow you to walk in without a mask.
    That's kind of what I was thinking but figured it doesn't hurt to ask.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

Bump? Anything in NE Charlotte even outside of NoDa?

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Bump? Anything in NE Charlotte even outside of NoDa?
    Charlotte is a Progressive hub. Don't know if you will have much luck in that city.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Charlotte is a Progressive hub. Don't know if you will have much luck in that city.
    Roanoke (my home) is pretty bad on that front too, but I've got a half dozen places that I can go. There are undoubtedly more if I ever feel like venturing further out and investigating. I guess I might end up just trying out a bunch of places in CLT and seeing what comes of it.

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by cjm View Post
    Roanoke (my home) is pretty bad on that front too, but I've got a half dozen places that I can go. There are undoubtedly more if I ever feel like venturing further out and investigating. I guess I might end up just trying out a bunch of places in CLT and seeing what comes of it.
    You will find good eating establishments in NoDa. I live about an hour NW of Charlotte. There's a few bars outside my city in the smaller towns that don't mask mandate.
    But, if you want non-masked pub/bar atmosphere I'd probably head south towards S.C.

Drop me a PM @cjm. Happy to meet you for a drink while you're here! phil is mostly correct that Charlotte proper is pretty strict about entry mask wearing. Once you're in and seated it's mostly no biggie though. Some places are worse than others.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @devil21 sounds good to me!

H.L. Mencken