Thread: Dr. Rand Paul Reacts to Report Showing Pandemic Lockdowns Were Ineffective

Dr. Rand Paul Reacts to Report Showing Pandemic Lockdowns Were Ineffective

Dr. Rand Paul Reacts to Report Showing Pandemic Lockdowns Were Ineffective

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul: COVID edicts that make no scientific sense deserve a 'massive boycott'

RAND PAUL: Let’s hope we learn from our mistakes. In the 14th century, the pope surrounded himself with candles because they thought the infection could be burned out of the air to save people. It was a wrong-handed notion. It took a few centuries – really to the 19th century – to understand the germ theory. Now we have lockdowns which are not based in science, and really we know that by and large masks did not work, Plexiglas did not work, and six feet of distance did not work.

The one thing we do know that did work is vaccines and natural immunity. Those worked to protect people from hospitalization and death and also slow some of the spread. So, we should emphasize what works. It was a real disservice for Dr. Fauci to say cloth masks do work because then you have an 80-year-old taking care of their spouse with COVID and wearing a cloth mask that has no value whatsoever, and that’s a mistake. He caused people to engage in activities they wouldn’t have normally by telling them it was safe when it wasn’t. I hope we learn from this. The study is an extensive analysis looking at dozens and dozens of studies, bringing them together, and said lockdowns did not reduce mortality but were devastating to the economy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand Paul, I love you man, but when you say, "The "vaccine" works, the hard numbers are calling you a liar. In fact, you're lying when you call it a vaccine.

Come around, my friend, and then don't circle back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Rand Paul, I love you man, but when you say, "The "vaccine" works, the hard numbers are calling you a liar. In fact, you're lying when you call it a vaccine.

Come around, my friend, and then don't circle back.
    Hmmm...

I'm not sure how you arrive at that. I mean, I agree that they're not really "vaccines", although that is the accepted (while erroneous) nomenclature. But the jabs were definitely effective for certain people for the original strain. For the mass population, they were worthless, but for at risk elderly people with poor immune systems, the jabs triggered an early immune response that held for at least a couple of months. And if they caught the virus during that time, their immune systems could better handle the infection.

BUT... the policy for using the vaccines was incredibly damaging. They created more dangerous variants. Had we had a policy of boosting immune systems naturally through healthy living and then allowing these vaccines to be used for the most at risk people, the pandemic would have been over in months.

So I hear what Rand is saying. He's drawing a distinction between the "vaccines" and the "vaccination policy". And he's right.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

The one thing we do know that did work is vaccines and natural immunity. Those worked to protect people from hospitalization and death and also slow some of the spread. So, we should emphasize what works.
    Fixed. Rand has been consistent though. His biggest point is to promote natural immunity, and he is doing that in a way that Covid “vaccine” believers can accept. I’d also guess that he doesn’t want to say anything that could be used to label him as an anti-vaxxer. Many vaccines are very effective, just not these new Covid spike protein generating “vaccines”.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Hmmm...

I'm not sure how you arrive at that. I mean, I agree that they're not really "vaccines", although that is the accepted (while erroneous) nomenclature. But the jabs were definitely effective for certain people for the original strain. For the mass population, they were worthless, but for at risk elderly people with poor immune systems, the jabs triggered an early immune response that held for at least a couple of months. And if they caught the virus during that time, their immune systems could better handle the infection.

BUT... the policy for using the vaccines was incredibly damaging. They created more dangerous variants. Had we had a policy of boosting immune systems naturally through healthy living and then allowing these vaccines to be used for the most at risk people, the pandemic would have been over in months.

So I hear what Rand is saying. He's drawing a distinction between the "vaccines" and the "vaccination policy". And he's right.
    Agree. The “vaccines” may have been temporarily effective for some vulnerable individuals against the early strains.

But each individual and an honest Doctor needed to weigh the risk vs. benefit of the “vaccine” for themselves. The risks far outweighed the benefit for healthy people under 60. And as you said, mass use of the “vaccinations” was counter productive. The were leaky and short lived from the start, which drove rapid evolution of the virus and extended the pandemic.