Thread: The Mark of the Beast.

Exclamation The Mark of the Beast.

Doing a thread split to save the mods some work.

@jmdrake

I asked:

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Question: In your mind, what form will the "Mark of the Beast" take?

Not a "gotcha", this is, one of many, points of bitter contention between Mrs. AF and myself.

Just curious what you thought.
    jmdrake replied:

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Good question! In Revelation you have the mark of the beast and the seal of God. Both have to do with worship. The mark is described in Revelation 13.

15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e] That number is 666.

Verse 15 makes it clear that the beast wants to force everyone to worship it. The mark, therefore, is a sign of who is and is not worshipping the beast.

Revelation 7:3 mentions that the last plagues are supposed to be held back until God's sevants are sealed in their foreheads.

Revelation 14:1 mentions the 144,000 have the seal of God in their forheads.

Then you get to the three angels messages. Revelation 14:6-7 commands to fear God and worship Him as creator because the hour of His judgment is come. Revelation 14:8 declares Babylon is fallen. (Later in chapter 18 God's people ar called to come out of Babylon). Revelation 14:9-11 says that if you receive the mark of the beast in your forehead or hand, you are damned. Note that Revelation 14:12 says that the saints are those who have the faith of Jesus and keep the commandments of God.

You can only have the seal of God in your forehead, which is a sign that your mind is dedicated to God. You can have the mark of the beast in your forehead, which is a sign that you actually buy satan's crap and follow him, or you can have it in your hand. The hand is a sign of works. Meaning you can work your way into hell. You can do the works of satan even if you don't believe his crap. You might do that to be able to "buy or sell" or to avoid being killed. Think of WW 2 where you had nazis that were true believers and nazis that were just following orders.

We know from Daniel 7 that beasts represent world powers. So two great world powers will force everyone to worship as they see fit. I don't think what's happened with COVID is the mark of the beast per se, but it certainly sets things up for it. Note that in Kentucky last year, state troopers were writing down license plates to see who was violating the church shut down order. That's a clear violation of first amendment freedom to worship.

This is what Ellen White wrote over 100 years ago.

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation [the United States] will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near.

Can anybody deny that this is coming true? At the very least, the part in bold is coming true.

Anyway, that's a long answer to a short question. What form will the enforcement of the mark of the beast take? Of that I'm not sure. But I am sure that satan seeks to use the power of the state to pevert and control religion. There will be some mechanism (chip? card? cell phone?) to make sure that only the religion that fits his approval is allowed to be practiced. Already in some countries it is difficult for pastors to preach from Romans 1 for example. (Though when you take Romans 1 in conjunction with Romans 2 it's clear that while Romans 1 condemns the perversion of the heathens, it turns around and calls out the believers to not judge because they are just as bad.) Health freedom is under attack worldwide. And religious exemptions to vaccine mandates are being attacked. Things are wrapping up. At least it looks that way. Then again, things looked this bad in Hitler's Germany. There may be another reprieve.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-23-2021 at 11:40 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the reply, let me follow up on couple specifics:

You can only have the seal of God in your forehead, which is a sign that your mind is dedicated to God. You can have the mark of the beast in your forehead, which is a sign that you actually buy satan's crap and follow him, or you can have it in your hand. The hand is a sign of works. Meaning you can work your way into hell. You can do the works of satan even if you don't believe his crap. You might do that to be able to "buy or sell" or to avoid being killed. Think of WW 2 where you had nazis that were true believers and nazis that were just following orders.
    That's an interesting way of reconciling the scriptures, which to my mind, seem to contradict one another.

This is precisely the point of the argument between Mrs. AF and myself.

She is of a mind that there will only be the seal of God in the head, I say the it will be only a marker for Satan, where, here, you describe it can be both...or rather, one or the other.

But the mark in the hand indicates works, and is not of God.

I hadn't considered that...thanks for the insight.

A follow up question if you don't mind:

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
    Now, we all know that scripture, many of us by heart.

I had always taken verse 18 to mean this:

John is trying pass very important information here, what he means by assigning this number, and saying that the number of the Beast is the Number of Man, has always meant to me that, whatever form "The Mark" may take, it is, ultimately, a system of man. It is not supernatural or spirit driven, but, whatever form, a chip, a tattoo, a laser device, a UV branding...whatever, it will be a man made system adopted by Antichrist to aide his plans.

Have I been reading this right?

Revelation 13:13
    13 “And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,“

No man can perform this miracle except for a supernatural being. That supernatural being is Satan and remember as we documented, he will bring his wicked angels with him who are supernatural as well. They will be extremely convincing, so much so, even the Saints would be deceived unless the time was shortened (Matthew 24:22).

Revelation 13:14
    14 “And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.”

Why did the world worship the Beast? Because they were deceived by his supernatural abilities, by the miracles he performed. When this verse becomes reality we will witness the biggest church revival in history. Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists you name the religion they will drop it like a hat and worship the false one. It will be perceived that Christ has returned and restored order to a One World Government that received a deadly wound. Yet, it will be Satan “disguised” as Christ.

Revelation 13:15
    15 “And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.”

You will not be killed if you fail to worship the Beast, God always protects His children. The word “killed” is Strong’s word 615 which comes from the root of 575 and one of the meanings is, “separation.” When Satan is present on earth there will most definitely be a separation, (see: Will You Be Killed If You Do Not Worship The Beast?). There will be those who worship Satan and believe he is Christ and there will be the Saints who know he is the false messiah. When the Saints are delivered up to Satan, Luke 21:18 states, “But there shall not an hair of your head perish.” God’s Word does not contradict itself.

Revelation 13:16
    16 “And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:”

Here is the Mark of the Beast.

First, how did he cause them to accept the Mark of the Beast?

By Deception.

The people of the earth not only think Christ has returned but think they are taking part in His Kingdom.

Notice, it says in, not on your forehead. What is in your forehead? Your brain. We are talking about a spiritual Mark in your forehead, meaning you have bought into the deception of the false messiah believing Satan is Christ. The Mark in your right hand symbolizes your work. So not only do you believe that Satan is Jesus Christ but you are doing his work as well. The people of the earth will be overjoyed and jumping at the opportunity to take part in the perceived Christ’s Government.
    https://worldeventsandthebible.com/b...ast-revelation
    Last edited by donnay; 10-24-2021 at 07:17 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

China has already implemented the mark of the beast. It’s their social credit system.

That’s about as deep as I care to go with the book of Revelation.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 10-24-2021 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Typos.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In your mind, what form will the "Mark of the Beast" take?
    Great replies already in this thread.

It is important not to "physicalize" the mark of the Beast or anything else in Revelation. That is because the spiritual war which will reach its apex in Armageddon will be a "war within" -- it will be visible to all but it will have absolutely nothing to do with tanks and bombs and guns (well, for most of us, anyway... the exception are the kings of the earth and their armies who will physically fight on behalf of the Beast Rev. 19:19)

What is a "war within"? Well, you are active on RPF, you post in the Memes thread, so you already understand invisible warfare. Psy-ops are one form of invisible (spiritual) warfare. You cannot see the battleships. You cannot hear the whizz of bullets. You cannot track the aircraft on radar. Yet the invisible war is as real and, in many ways, more real than the visible war. People confuse material warfare as "real" warfare because material tanks and soldiers have immediate finality -- you can't stop a tank by standing in front of it. If I staple a printed meme onto a telephone pole, however, any passerby can rip it down. What a weak and useless weapon!! Right?! Wrong. The thought/attitude/idea conveyed in that meme is a weapon and its target is human choice itself. The weapon is intended to alter the kinds of decisions people will make and, thus, to remake society into some image or form which I (and my army) desire to bring about.

But if you keep walking down the path of meme/psych-warfare past all limits of the material world, you will eventually arrive at the fullness of the reality of the great spiritual war which has defined the history of this world since the Fall. What is culture if not a kind of "memetic stronghold"? Do you think you can show some atheist meme to a Roman Catholic monk and change their worldview? Or do you think you can show a Christian meme to an Oxford-educated atheist academic and cause his entire worldview to come crashing down around his ears? Memes influence the "broad spectrum" of human choice but they are powerless against strongholds. So these strongholds are themselves like fortresses in the grand spiritual war. Culture, we are told, is just the product of "blind, unguided social evolution." (Ironically, we are mostly told this by atheistic Oxford-educated academics.) But is it?

What if we have been captured in a spiritual war and we have been "spiritually drugged" into a stupor of materialism? Spiritual prisoners-of-war. What if Jesus wasn't exaggerating or speaking figuratively when he said, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done"? How important would it be for our captors to make sure we don't wake up and remember who we truly are? The Gospel is the deepest and most profound form of spiritual warfare of all. That's the whole point. It was always a spiritual war, all along.

The mark of the Beast is the anti-seal of the Holy Spirit. Everything Satan does is a copy-and-reversal of God's works. Is God triune? So is the false trinity (Dragon, Beast, False Prophet). Does God have a son? So does Satan (the Beast/Antichrist). Is the Holy Spirit a spirit being? So is Satan's false-prophet. Those who receive the mark know that they are doing so. Nobody "accidentally" got the mark of the Beast. That's why it's really not that important to identify "what" the mark of the Beast is. For all we know, it is not even a single thing, but a different thing for every person. Receiving it entails an act of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit and the immortal soul within, an obscene act of subservience to the Beast. So no, nobody ever had that happen by accident. And no one who is not reprobate[1] can receive the mark... it's simply impossible.

[1] - To be clear, reprobation is not something that is done to a person, it's something they do to themselves.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 10-24-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Thanks for the reply, let me follow up on couple specifics:

That's an interesting way of reconciling the scriptures, which to my mind, seem to contradict one another.

This is precisely the point of the argument between Mrs. AF and myself.

She is of a mind that there will only be the seal of God in the head, I say the it will be only a marker for Satan, where, here, you describe it can be both...or rather, one or the other.

But the mark in the hand indicates works, and is not of God.

I hadn't considered that...thanks for the insight.

A follow up question if you don't mind:

Now, we all know that scripture, many of us by heart.

I had always taken verse 18 to mean this:

John is trying pass very important information here, what he means by assigning this number, and saying that the number of the Beast is the Number of Man, has always meant to me that, whatever form "The Mark" may take, it is, ultimately, a system of man. It is not supernatural or spirit driven, but, whatever form, a chip, a tattoo, a laser device, a UV branding...whatever, it will be a man made system adopted by Antichrist to aide his plans.

Have I been reading this right?
    Hello. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Here are my thoughts. Both you and Mrs. AF have a point. First, we know there is a supernatural / spiritual component to all of this. Remember the 3 frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon (satan), the beast and the false prophet are spirits of demons. And Paul told us in Ephesians 6:12 " For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." But those demons work through men. Remember when Jesus cast the demons out of a man and they asked to go into pigs so they wouldn't have to go back to the abyss? (See Luke 8:26-39) So there are human and spirit elements being described in Revelation.

As for the number 666, that bears looking at in detail.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

So, 666 identifies the beast. People have added up Roman numerals for letters to come up with 666 for various historical figures. I've heard the argument that it's the "number of mankind" since man was made on the 6th day. But, I didn't hear something that made real sense until I was listening to Alex Jones (of all people) and a caller called in to ask about 666. Alex Jones said "Ah yes. The venerable number of the sun." I was like "What?" Then I looked it up. In numerology the "magic square" for the sun adds up to 666. Just Google "number of the sun" and 666 comes up all over the place. Why is that significant? Go back to the story of Nimrod. After he died his wife got pregnant. She claimed to be pregnant by the spirit of Nimrod. He child was Tamuz. Nimrod's widow claimed Nimrod at death became the sun god making Tamuz the son of the sun. (It's only a homophone in English). Nimrod's kingdom built the Tower of Babel which is where the word Babylon come from. So...this is the beginning of the false religion that God condemns in revelation and it all revolves around sun worship. Remember the conspiracy theory film Zeitgeist? ZG part 1 attacked the 9/11 official story. But part 2 attacked Christianity. They told the lie that Jesus was just a "solar messiah." There was some truth to ZG part 2. For instance December 25 being the winter solstice goes right along with sun worship. Also in the old testament when God condemned Israel's idolatry and "weeping for Tammuz" (Ezekial 8:14) The white berries on the mistletoe represent weeping for Baldur, the Norse sun god. The Norse would also cut down an evergreen tree, bring it inside and decorate it as a sign of wanting to bring back Baldur. (See: https://www.history.co.uk/articles/h...e-us-christmas) Interestingly enough, God seems to condemn this in Jeremiah 10:1-5, but modern Christians try to explain this away by saying "He's really talking about idols." (See: https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/questio...ferenced-bible). I'll let you make up your own mind about that.

Anyhow, how did we get all of this Babylon in our Christianity? It slowly creeped in, but it came in waves when Constantine Christianized Rome. To make Christianity more palatable, and to differentiate Christianity from Judaism, which had become greatly disfavored at this point by the empire, various pagan holidays and beliefs were brought in. Take purgatory for example at the idea of satan somehow being in charge of hell. That would be Pluto or Hades depending on which mythology you went with. And the whole "Jesus is a solar messiah" idea pushed in ZG is just a fulfilment of satan's carefully laid plan from thousands of years ago. I debunked that idea but I can't find that thread. Basically none of the so called "solar messiahs" actually died to save mankind. And ZG laughably tries to make an issue out of "sun" and "son" sounding alike. But people will be fooled. Based on everything I know, the final deception will be the idea that Jesus really DID manifest through all the pagan religions and he was "reincarnated" from Tammuz through Apollo, Baldur, Krishna, etc all the way through Jesus Christ. That way all religions can come together under one banner. Even the Muslims venerate Mary and accept the idea of the virgin birth even though they don't accept Jesus as God. (Don't ask me to explain that.)

Now, that tells you what I think about the number 666, but not the mechanism of enforcement of the mark of the beast. (Chip, tattoo, whatever). Here's my thought on that. Stay away from sun worship. Stay FAR away from sun worship. I'm not saying a Christmas tree or some mistletoe by itself is going to send you to hell. I am saying that the idea that Jesus = Baldur = Khrisna = Tammuz is of the enemy. How will this all be enforced? The path to enforcement is being put in place. We're being conditioned to being used to being tracked. People are being told that to come back to church they have to "register online" first. I've had another job turn me down over vaccination. None of that is the mark of the beast. But any of these systems could help enforce the beast's edicts. I hope that helps.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

@jmdrake

Thanks for the reply.

I'm still of a mind that the mark is man made thing.

I reckon we're going to find out.

@jmdrake

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, it seems to be coming way sooner than I think almost everyone expected.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on my post above -- the mark is not, in my view, any single thing, whether physical or not. Note that when the devil appeared to Jesus in Matthew 4, he says to him, "All this I will give to you, if you bow down and worship me." The book of Matthew ends with Jesus being crucified then, in the last verses of the last chapter, he says to the disciples: "All power in heaven and earth has been given to me." (Matt. 28:18) Get it? The devil was offering his "deal" to Jesus, just as the folk-tales tell it; he was pitching Jesus to sell his birthright (as king of heaven and earth) for a pittance (rule the earth). "What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?" (Matt. 16:26) And it wasn't really an offer -- Matthew 4 was just the first (overt) salvo of a war that Satan began against the Son of God on earth, culminating in the crucifixion itself. The devil was really "making an offer he couldn't refuse", in the Don Corleone-sense.

We are taught in the New Testament that the life of Jesus is the pattern of the life of every believer. That's one of the most important reasons he came to earth and was literally tortured and slaughtered -- to set the example of obedience, even at the cost of enormous suffering. So the temptation in the wilderness is also a portrait of the believer who refuses the mark of the Beast. The unbeliever who accepts the mark of the Beast is the one who accepts the devil's deal -- bows down and worships Satan in exchange for the kingdoms of the world. "A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: 'If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath." (Rev. 14:9,10a) Why are people worshiping the beast, upon whom Satan has delegated his powers? Obviously, in exchange for the devil's deal, what else?!

In my view, it is a mistake to think of the mark of the Beast as a select technology which we must "identify" lest we "accidentally" get marked by it. It is impossible to accidentally receive the mark of the Beast. You must worship the Beast (and I'm quite certain you will never forget that experience!) to receive its mark and this is why God will pour out the fullness of wrath on those who worship the Beast, because what they are doing is ultimately tantamount to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (see Rev. 14:9 and following verses... they are eternally damned). The idea that God is hurling people into eternal hellfire for failing to correctly guess which human technology was the mark of the Beast is absurd. It may turn out to be a particular technology, but if it is, it will be impossible to access it without performing an unmistakable act of worship-as-such to the Beast. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what that "looks like", but if you really want to get an idea of what we're talking about, here, go watch the music video for Montero by Lil Nas X. Nobody ever worshiped the Beast or received its mark by accident...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @jmdrake

Thanks for the reply.

You're welcome. And just to be clear (maybe I wasn't) I think it's both. @donnay recently posted a thread about demon possession. I think that's applicable to the MOTB.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Question: Hello, Is the mark of the beast implemented before satan gets here or after he’s already here? Thank you.

Answer: Thank you for the question Manny.

The Mark of the Beast cannot begin until the Antichrist (Satan) is on the earth. In fact, the Mark of the Beast does not begin until the middle of the Tribulation.

Additionally, the Mark of the Beast is not a literal mark, though it will have very real physical, mental, and spiritual consequences.

We should also realize, just as Satan has a mark to deceive, God has a mark to protect. We have an example of this in Revelation 7, where we are told the Tribulation cannot unfold until the 144,000 are sealed “in their foreheads”, (Revelation 7:3). Simply meaning, they must be Sealed with the Word of God against Satan’s lies and deception.

Let’s talk about it.

When Does The Mark Of The Beast Begin?
    In order to identify when the Mark of the Beast begins, we need to understand who issues the Mark of the Beast.

Let’s do that, turn your Bible with me to,

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Who is “he” that causes all “to receive a mark”?

Let’s read verse 11 to find out.

Revelation 13:11
    And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

We now know, the “Dragon” is the “he” being spoken of in verse 16.

Who then is the Dragon?

Turn your Bible with me to,

Revelation 12:9
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

When we put this together, Scripture tells us “he” is the “Dragon” who is Satan.

So it is Satan who causes everyone to receive the Mark of the Beast. Satan cannot do that unless he is on earth. Satan must be present in order to accomplish that.

How can we be so certain?

Revelation 13:13
    And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

“He”, Satan will do great wonders “in the sight of men”, right before our eyes. In the next three verses, we learn Satan deceives the people of the earth “by the means of those miracles,” and then Satan causes the people to receive the Mark of the Beast, (Revelation 13:14-16).

It is critical to remember, Satan will not claim to be Satan. Satan will claim to be God, that is why Satan is known as the Antichrist, (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

That is why Satan will perform miracles “in the sight of men”, to convince the people of the earth that he is even the Lamb of God. That is why Satan’s description in Revelation 13:11 includes the appearance of “a lamb” though he “spake as a dragon”.

Therefore, the Mark of the Beast will not appear to be evil at all. The Mark of the Beast will appear as a good and righteous thing to accept and be a part of.

As we have now learned, the Mark of the Beast cannot begin until Satan and his angels have been cast from Heaven to earth. A very public event that initiates the Tribulation.

However, even the beginning of the Tribulation does not bring about the Mark of the Beast.

The Mark Of The Beast Begins At The Midst Of The Week
    Once Satan appears on earth claiming to be God, he will “confirm a covenant” with world leaders for “one week”, (Daniel 9:27). This “one week” is the final week that concerns the 70 weeks of Daniel. This “one week” was to span a 7 year period, the duration of the Tribulation.

Now at the “midst of the week”, which marks the middle of the Tribulation, Satan is granted absolute power over the global order. ‘Power over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations’, (Revelation 13:7). This becomes evident by reading Daniel 9:27 and Revelation 13:5, where the Dragon obtains “power” and ‘continues forty and two months’.

We should understand, 42 months is equal to 3.5 years, which is half of the Tribulation. Therefore, Satan does not obtain absolute power over the global order until the “midst of the week”, the middle of the Tribulation.

Then and only then should we expect to see the Mark of the Beast actually begin, though there will be much talk and precursors before it becomes a reality.

Related: When Do The Two Witnesses Appear In Revelation?
    What Is The Mark Of The Beast?
    The Mark of the Beast is a spiritual mark with very real physical, mental, and spiritual consequences. Accepting the Mark of the Beast means one has accepted Satan as their messiah, fully believing Satan to be God.

The people of the world will mistakenly believe Satan is God as they are deceived by the “great wonders” Satan displays “in the sight of men”. This occurs due to a lack of Biblical education, which means, those who are deceived did not have their lamps full of oil, just like the foolish virgins.

Many Christians have a difficult time understanding how the Mark of the Beast can be spiritual. So we are going to compare the Mark of the Beast, to God’s mark.

The Two Marks
    We often become so sidetracked with Satan’s Mark of the Beast, that we forget God has a mark called a “Seal”. By comparing these two “marks”, we can gain a better understanding of what they are, including their purpose.

Seal Of God: “In Their Forehead”
    Revelation 7:3
    Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

God’s mark is called a Seal which is spiritual in nature.

It is placed into the person’s “forehead” which is our mind. It is what we believe and accept to be true. This mark, this Seal protects the individual from Satan’s lies and deception during the Tribulation.

While Scripture indicates only 144,000 are Sealed, we should also understand “the multitude” of Revelation 7 will be Sealed as well.

Remember, when we accept Jesus Christ into our heart and mind, that is also a spiritual decision. One that has very real physical, mental, and spiritual consequences.

Mark Of The Beast: “In Their Forehead”
    And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Satan’s Mark of the Beast is also spiritual.

It is placed into the person’s “right hand” or their “forehead”. The right hand is symbolic of our works, while our forehead is symbolic of our mind and what we believe.

If one accepts the Mark of the Beast, they accept and even do the works of Satan who they perceive to be God.

Conclusion
    Therefore, God’s Seal and Satan’s Mark of the Beast are both spiritual, they both describe what we believe to be true. While both marks are spiritual, there are very real physical, mental, and spiritual consequences attached to each.

Nevertheless, the Mark of the Beast cannot begin until Satan and his angels are cast from Heaven to earth. This event initiates the Tribulation, and even then, the Mark of the Beast will not become a reality until the “midst of the week”.
    https://worldeventsandthebible.com/b...rk-beast-begin
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    In my view, it is a mistake to think of the mark of the Beast as a select technology which we must "identify" lest we "accidentally" get marked by it. It is impossible to accidentally receive the mark of the Beast. You must worship the Beast (and I'm quite certain you will never forget that experience!) to receive its mark and this is why God will pour out the fullness of wrath on those who worship the Beast, because what they are doing is ultimately tantamount to blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (see Rev. 14:9 and following verses... they are eternally damned). The idea that God is hurling people into eternal hellfire for failing to correctly guess which human technology was the mark of the Beast is absurd. It may turn out to be a particular technology, but if it is, it will be impossible to access it without performing an unmistakable act of worship-as-such to the Beast. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what that "looks like", but if you really want to get an idea of what we're talking about, here, go watch the music video for Montero by Lil Nas X. Nobody ever worshiped the Beast or received its mark by accident...
    I think you are correct, but I also maintain that the mark will be man made technology. It will be very clear what you will be undertaking.

As is all of Satan's work on earth...I do not think he will accomplish "miracles".

They will just be cutting edge man made technology designed to look like miracles.

I think you are correct, but I also maintain that the mark will be man made technology. It will be very clear what you will be undertaking.

As is all of Satan's work on earth...I do not think he will accomplish "miracles".

They will just be cutting edge man made technology designed to look like miracles.
    I am reminded of the famous quote by Arthur C. Clarke -- "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." When the CIA wetwork operator is suddenly standing in your hallway, does it make any difference to you, in that moment, whether he physically drove a car to your location or teleported there? Obviously, it makes no difference -- you will shortly be dead either way. That is why I have been giving warning on this and other forums on the Internet that there is no meaningful distinction between intelligence work and overtly supernatural witchcraft. They are both stitched from the very same fabric. The cowards slipping radioactive poison into innocent people's drinks are just neophytes of hell. And every demon that exists began in this way, or something similar to it. The Cosmos is, in fact, supernatural, just as the Bible explains. And this is why faith is the way forward. No amount of hard-ass "skepticism" is going to matter in the end. Satan has no power but what God permits him to have (see Job). He is just a creature and he is on the shortest of leashes, soon to be destroyed forever.

--deleted--
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 11-05-2021 at 10:41 PM. Reason: double-post