Thread: Confessions of an Economic Hitman

Confessions of an Economic Hitman

This really doesn't sound much different than how the criminals got hold of America.

John Perkins interview

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/317.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If true, that guy is real ballsy. I wonder if he's gone into hiding.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotOne View Post
    This really doesn't sound much different than how the criminals got hold of America.

John Perkins interview

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/317.html
    See also:

The Energy Non-Crisis
    Lindsey Williams (I think), the pastor who mentions John Perkins and Economic Hit Men in his talk.

Here are my notes on it from another thread:

Oil backing Currency
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...cking+currency

I have often wondered after watching both Perkins and Williams pieces if Congress is not being held hostage the same way.

For example, the bailout bill, supposedly they were threatened with martial law, but so many other bad bills that have passed in Congress perhaps due to blackmail of another kind.

One congressman who is not seeking re-election this year (seems he is getting divorced and maybe having an affair) wants to spend more time with his family. How many times have we heard that before.

Think of several legislators who have suddenly died. Larry McDonald, plane crash, Paul Wellstone, plane crash. So many political figures have died or had their lives ruined.

Deadliest Congress in decades
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0907/5814.html

Plane Crashes
    http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@lis.../msg98228.html

October 16, 1972: House Majority Leader Hale Boggs, Louisiana (D) and Rep. Nick Begich, Alaska (D) were killed when their plane disappeared over “Alaska’s Bermuda Triangle” in one of the most sensational plane crashes and search and non-rescue missions ever. The fact that Begich was born in Eveleth, Minnesota, didn’t raise eyebrows until October 26, 2002, when Senator Paul Wellstone was killed in a plane crash just a couple miles from Eveleth. That’s almost certainly nothing more than a bizarre coincidence, but there are many other coincidences associated with this epic event that some people think are spelled C-O-N-S-P-I-R-A-C-Y.For example, Boggs had served on the Warren Commission, which was created to investigate the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. He didn’t agree with the Commission’s collusion that Lee Harvey Oswald had acted alone. Boggs began speaking out publicly in 1971, the same year he called for the resignation of the FBI’s J. Edgar Hoover. Boggs was also positioned to become Speaker of the House, which would have put him in the line of succession to the presidency, at the very time that government corruption was rampant.Like Paul Wellstone and Mel Carnahan, Boggs and Begich were campaigning for re-election when they died. Hundreds of ships and airplanes participated in what was the biggest search mission ever at that time, all to no avail. But the tragic crash would soon be eclipsed by an even bigger story involving another politician who was campaigning for re-election -.President Richard Nixon.
    http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@lis.../msg98228.html

plane crash that killed Senator Mel Carnahan

December 8, 1972: Rep. George W. Collins, Illinois (D) was killed when a United Airlines jetliner plane crashed on approach to Chicago

Mrs E. Howard Hunt of same plane.

McFadden's Attempts to Abolish the Federal Reserve System
    Interest-Rates / Fiat Currency
    Jul 22, 2008 - 03:56 AM
    Louis T. McFadden (1876-1936): An American Hero - Dr. Ron Paul, the Republican candidate for the 2008 presidential nomination, is not the first U.S. politician to point to the abuses of the Federal Reserve System and call for its abolishment. Similar pleas to get rid of the Fed were made by Reps. Wright Patman (1893-1976) and Henry Gonzales (1916-2000), both Democratic congressmen from Texas and chairmen of the House Banking Committee. ...

...Reporting his death in its October 14 issue, Pelley's Weekly stated that it had became known among his intimates that he had suffered two [previous] attacks against his life. The first attack came in the form of two revolver shots fired at him from ambush as he was alighting from a cab in front of one of the Capital hotels. Fortunately both shots missed him, the bullets burying themselves in the structure of the cab.

Next, 'He became violently ill after partaking of food at a political banquet at Washington. His life was only saved from what was subsequently announced as a poisoning by the presence of a physician friend at the banquet, who at once procured a stomach pump and subjected the congressman to emergency treatment.'

Evidently the third time the assassins succeeded, and the most articulate critic of the Federal Reserve and the financiers' control of the nation was dead. He was 60 years old.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article5556.html

By: Richard_C_Cook

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Part of Ex-Congressman's Ruined Life on Auction Block

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...pagewanted=all

There was a Congressman or Senator who was persecuted by the government whose name I cannot recall. This was in recent years. I believe he was framed for some bogus thing becuase he was going to blow the whistle on something big.

And:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gillmor#Death

TWO DEAD IN OHIO! Why is there no mention of the murder of Congressman Paul Gilmour (I think it's Gillmor). This is not an accident.

Paul Gillmor served on the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Insurance, and Government Sponsored Enterprises Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit.

Funny that the day before Paulson's Plunder, one of our chief Congressional leaders is found beaten to death. I guess they didn't like his opinion on the ripoff. This is the 2nd congressman murdered in Ohio in a month.
    Last edited by Carole; 10-10-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

https://web.archive.org/web/20080517.../page/317.html

A bullet or a Swiss bank account?

That's the choice Third World leaders of resource rich countries have been offered since at least post-World War II.

Our gangster government, owned in reality by corporations, uses tax payer resources to subvert countries all over the world.

The first line of offense? Loans. Easy term loans.

Sound familiar?

Everything the US does overseas - EVERYTHING - it also does to its own people.

Assassination of political figures...already a part of American life.

Murder of civilians in cold blood...Waco and 9/11.

Deliberately bankrupting the nation as a means of social engineering...that's what's happening right now.
    Last edited by timosman; 07-23-2017 at 12:31 AM.

John Perkins is incredible.

Everyone should read his book- a real waker-upper.
    There is no spoon.

If all he says is true, I'm surprised this guy is still breathing.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Dont use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

LibForestPaul

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    If all he says is true, I'm surprised this guy is still breathing.
    The elite have a dollar bet going to see if the how many lemmings will jump the cliff before doing something about it. The lemmings are fairly predictable.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Global poverty rate drops to record low 10%: World Bank https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/19/worl...ecord-low.html

The NBER paper also finds that the world poverty rate fell by 80 percent, from 26.8 percent in 1970 to only 5.4 percent in 2006 based on the $1 per day poverty measure (see chart below).
    https://www.aei.org/economics/aging/...rate-plummets/

The idea that the US impoverishes countries by taking their resources and looting is a popular talking point on the fringe left but is easily debunked. People are living dramatically better worldwide over the last few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Global poverty rate drops to record low 10%: World Bank https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/19/worl...ecord-low.html

https://www.aei.org/economics/aging/...rate-plummets/

The idea that the US impoverishes countries by taking their resources and looting is a popular talking point on the fringe left but is easily debunked. People are living dramatically better worldwide over the last few decades.
    LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by That AEI link
    The chart [below] draws on a landmark new study by economists Maxim Pinkovskiy and Xavier Sala-i-Martin. The authors set out to study changes in the world distribution of income by gathering data from many different countries. As a byproduct of their work, they are able to count the number of individuals who live on $1 per day or less, a key measure of poverty.
    And was the dollar the same thing in 1970 that it is today? Or was it more like ten of what it is today?

The number of people living on a dollar a day fell by 80%, while the value of those dollars fell by 90%. What, exactly, does this prove?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-27-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    LOLOL

Ok doomer. "Global Poverty Decline Denialism"
    https://reason.com/2019/01/31/global...ine-denialism/

Quote Originally Posted by The "Reason" article linked above
    Some gloomsters perversely refuse to acknowledge when a glass is even half empty, especially when doing so cuts against their ideological sensitivities. One ploy is to pour the data into a bigger glass and hope that no one notices. London School of Economics anthropologist Jason Hickel has given us a near-perfect example of this sort of sleight-of-hand in Guardian column headlined "Bill Gates says poverty is decreasing. He couldn't be more wrong."

At this month's meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davis, Gates cited data that show the proportion of people living in extreme poverty declining from 94 percent in 1820 to only 10 percent today. "The claim is simple and compelling," asserts Hickel. "And it's completely wrong."

Actually, it's Hickel who gets it entirely wrong.

Gates' alleged offense is to have shown a slide devised by the folks at the invaluable Our World in Data project. As you can see, it tracks six positive economic and social trends over the past 200 years:

World100Trends
    Our World in Data
    Hickel mischaracterizes that first chart as a count of "people living in poverty." Then he complains that the cutoff—an income equivalent to $1.90 per person per day—is "obscenely low." But absolutely nobody is claiming that living on $1.90 a day is a picnic. The condition being measured here isn't poverty but extreme poverty, as defined by the World Bank. And that has indeed been declining steeply over the past four decades.

Hickel claims that there are a number of problems with Gates' graph. "First of all, real data on poverty has only been collected since 1981," he argues. "Anything before that is extremely sketchy, and to go back as far as 1820 is meaningless." As we'll see, that's also wrong, but for now let's follow Hickel's lead and look at that more recent period.

So what do the "real data" on poverty tell us? Starting with that $1.90-per-day measurement, the level of extreme poverty fell from 42.2 percent of the world's population in 1981 to 8.6 percent in 2018. In 1981, 1.9 billion people lived on less than $1.90 per day; in 2018, the number was around 660 million.

Don't like that metric? The World Bank has adopted two additional poverty threshold measures at $3.20 and $5.50 per day per person. They too are falling:

WorldBankPovertyTrends
    World Bank
    But Hickel doesn't bother to tell his readers what the global income data say about those trends. Instead he insists on his own threshold of $7.40 per person per day. "We see that the number of people living under this line has increased dramatically since measurements began in 1981, reaching some 4.2 billion people today," he observes.

Charitably interpreted, Hickel has succumbed to judgment creep. The Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert and his colleagues have argued, in a 2018 study published in Science, we are misled about the state of the world because we have a tendency to continually raise our threshold for success as we make progress. "Solving problems causes us to expand our definitions of them," they explain. "When problems become rare, we count more things as problems. Our studies suggest that when the world gets better, we become harsher critics of it, and this can cause us to mistakenly conclude that it hasn't actually gotten better at all. Progress, it seems, tends to mask itself."
    I didn't make any claims. I didn't even challenge your assumption that the U.S. isn't "...impoverish[ing] countries by taking their resources and looting..." though we are doing that, and it's no favor.

I just pointed out that anyone who compares living on a dollar a day today to living on a dollar a day in 1970 is comparing apples to watermelons.

And while Reason seems to believe that it's comparing apples to mere cantaloupes, they clearly agree with me in everything but the sheer size of the devaluation.

As to whether I'm overstating dollar devaluation with my 10:1 estimate, all I can say is...

About $4,000

About $40,000
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-27-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

^^^^^^
    biggest wealth transfer in history, that's all. The "money" is/was directed away out of the dying host and into the next hosts.

Very relevant scene, especially starting at 2:17 mark
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book