Thread: Make buildings beautiful again

Make buildings beautiful again

The White House is reportedly preparing an executive order that would direct all new federal buildings to be built in the classical architectural style.
    The Architectural Record has obtained a preliminary draft of the order, entitled ‘Making Federal Buildings Beautiful Again’, under which “the White House would require rewriting the Guiding Principles for Federal Architecture, issued in 1962, to ensure that “the classical architectural style shall be the preferred and default style” for new and upgraded federal buildings.
    The order would reverse favoring Brutalist and Deconstructivist styles advocated by the General Service Administration’s (GSA) Design Excellence Program and would instead favor the architectural styles of “democratic Athens” and “republican Rome.”
    The executive order trashes brutalist buildings such as the U.S. Federal Building in San Francisco, the U.S. Courthouse in Austin, Texas, and the Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr. U.S. Courthouse in Miami as having “little aesthetic appeal.”
    The draft order asserts that Brutalist and Deconstructivist styles “fail to satisfy” the requirements of building designs to provide “dignity, enterprise, vigor and stability.”
    In a development that almost certainly isn’t a coincidence, GSA’s Chief Architect and Director of the Design Excellence Program, David Insinga, resigned his post last week.

More at: https://www.infowars.com/report-whit...assical-style/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 03-17-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Can the First Lady do something about military uniforms? Something that doesn't look like potato sacks?

The "greatest generation" was also sharply dressed.
    The Designer Homefront Heroines
    http://www.homefrontheroines.com/exh.../the-designer/

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

the error of Nimrod continues.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    Can the First Lady do something about military uniforms? Something that doesn't look like potato sacks?

The "greatest generation" was also sharply dressed.
    The Designer Homefront Heroines
    http://www.homefrontheroines.com/exh.../the-designer/

XNN
    Just borrow from history for non-combat uniforms.

That's what he's doing with the buildings.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

the error of Nimrod continues.
    Beautiful buildings are not the error of Nimrod.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 02-04-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Beautiful building are not the error of Nimrod.
    Following stupid Leaders is.

and the Followers of Nimrod Build the Cesspits called cities. Their marks are all over them.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Following stupid Leaders is.

and the Followers of Nimrod Build the Cesspits called cities. Their marks are all over them.
    The error of Nimrod was global empire, that's why GOD divided the nations at Babel.

Getting rid of nations and borders is the error of Nimrod.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The error of Nimrod was global empire, that's why GOD divided the nations at Babel.

Getting rid of nations and borders is the error of Nimrod.
    No..There were none..

God told the people to spread out and Nimrod made a City and gathered them together..

There were no nations at all until the scattering and confusion of tongues.

Nimrod was the First Leader.
    The error is following such.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

No..There were none..

God told the people to spread out and Nimrod made a City and gathered them together..

There were no nations at all until the scattering and confusion of tongues.

Nimrod was the First Leader.
    The error is following such.
    The nations were forming from the isolated and scattered communities, GOD scrambled the languages of the people to force them to separate and become distinct nations.

Adam was the first leader.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The nations were forming from the isolated and scattered communities, GOD scrambled the languages of the people to force them to separate and become distinct nations.

Adam was the first leader.
    Adam was long dead as well as all but one family.. killed by a Flood..

There were three family lines,,Noah's sons..

and there were Abominations.. Half humans,, Nimrod was such..

He was against God. and enslaved the people to build for him.

Read the book. Then read Gilgamesh.. SAME BEAST
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Adam was long dead as well as all but one family.. killed by a Flood..

There were three family lines,,Noah's sons..

and there were Abominations.. Half humans,, Nimrod was such..

He was against God. and enslaved the people to build for him.

Read the book. Then read Gilgamesh.. SAME BEAST
    Enoch was also a leader, and Melchizedek, and Abraham etc.

The error of Nimrod was global empire and seeking the power of GOD for corrupt purposes.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Enoch was also a leader, and Melchizedek, and Abraham etc.

The error of Nimrod was global empire and seeking the power of GOD for corrupt purposes.
    you are quite confused.. Enoch was before the Flood,, an ancestor of Noah.

And following anything other than God is error.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

you are quite confused.. Enoch was before the Flood,, an ancestor of Noah.

And following anything other than God is error.
    You are confused, I never said whether Enoch was before or after the flood, it doesn't matter, he was a leader.

And so were Melchizedek and Abraham.

All were holy men who led their people to follow the LORD.

There are degrees of following people and leaders are required, the better the leader is the more you can follow them, many here follow Ron Paul as a leader to some degree and that isn't bad.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Well, good.

No reason public buildings have to look like Soviet prison blocks.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I'm torn on this. On the one hand, I don't want one extra penny going to federal infrastructure, over and above maintaining a safe place for the bureaucracy to operate. Of course, that means that the bureaucrats will be more inclined to seek power, since their offices suck.

On the other hand, providing wonderful beautiful places for the bureaucracy via taxpayer money (or additional borrowing) to operate seems to be an enabling move, making the bureaucrats feel all the more powerful, and desirous of gaining more power to have nicer digs.

Seems like lose-lose for the public.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tearing down these federal buildings is a much better option than making them look good.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Tearing down these federal buildings is a much better option than making them look good.
    I agree,, but those places of worship will not go away till the end.
    But Jesus called them aside and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their superiors exercise authority over them. It shall not be this way among you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,
    So Jesus called them together and said, “You know that those regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their superiors exercise authority over them. But it shall not be this way among you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be the slave of all.…
    so nice it is recorded Twice...
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    We do need some federal building for legitimate federal functions.

But I'm sure we could easily tear down quite a few.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by buck000 View Post
    I'm torn on this. On the one hand, I don't want one extra penny going to federal infrastructure, over and above maintaining a safe place for the bureaucracy to operate. Of course, that means that the bureaucrats will be more inclined to seek power, since their offices suck.

On the other hand, providing wonderful beautiful places for the bureaucracy via taxpayer money (or additional borrowing) to operate seems to be an enabling move, making the bureaucrats feel all the more powerful, and desirous of gaining more power to have nicer digs.

Seems like lose-lose for the public.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The symbolism is important, he is taking us back to the days of the founders.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 03-17-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    To curry favor with @TheTexan, I'm going to recommend that all law enforcement buildings be sufficiently gilded.

+rep that's actually a really good idea. I would also suggest there should be an on-site massage and spa. Being a hero can be very stressful.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his