Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conference Call: Dr. Paul is Willing, Seeking Indications of His Support for 3rd Party Run

Conference Call: Dr. Paul is Willing, Seeking Indications of His Support for 3rd Party Run

Note: there is a disinfo video circulating by some "Israel Whatizname" purporting to speak for Doug Wead, saying Paul has ruled out a third party run. Wead never appears in the video and the guy looks like he needs a bath. Wead has not made such a statement. GOP trolls are out in force masquerading as Johnson Libertarians attempting to quash speculation and support for a Paul run. Please be aware of this.

http://www.dailypaul.com/253116/the-...onference-call

Submitted by James_Madison_Lives on Mon, 09/03/2012 - 18:15

Here is the low-down from the historic conference call last night (at call capacity, over 1,000 people, another 1,000 streaming over the Internet.) I listened to a couple of hours of it, it went briskly and professionally. This is what Alaska delegate and call organizer Evan Cutler reported from his recent conversation with Ron Paul.

- Dr. Paul doesn't do Facebook or even computers much, so he doesn't have that sense of how much over-the-top support he has out here. He thinks he might not have enough to do a third party run even though he is open to it.

- Obviously it is do-able or he wouldn't have left the door open. All the talk about sore loser laws and ballot difficulties presumes Dr. Paul doesn't know about these things. As we know, he knows more about how these things work than most of us will in 20 lifetimes. So focusing on obstacle is (my opinion) just plain silly if not outright trollish.

- If he does run, he would like us to be in the precincts as officials and poll watchers to keep it honest. There is no sense doing a run if they can just steal it. We are talking a big time, precinct-by-precinct operation. We have the numbers for it.

Those are the biggest take-aways I got. Forget about the "leave him alone" and "let him rest" meme. He is taking the temperature. If you are going to call to express support, now is the time to do it.

Headquarters Phone (Toll-Free): 1-855-886-9779
    Headquarters Phone (Local): 1-703-563-6620
    Headquarters Fax: 1-703-563-7330

Mailing address:

Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee.
    8000 Forbes Place, Suite 200
    Springfield VA 22151

»»» Ron Paul needs to hear from people this week! «««

Email Congressman Ron Paul

https://forms.house.gov/paul/webform...subscribe.html

Offices of Ron Paul open this week Tuesday through Friday

203 Cannon House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515
    Phone Number: (202) 225-2831

122 West Way, Suite 301
    Lake Jackson, TX 77566
    Phone Number: (979) 285-0231

1501 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 229
    Victoria, TX 77904
    Phone Number: (361) 576-1231

► Petition to Sign
    »»» Ron Paul, Please Run as an Independent or Libertarian «««

13,644 signatures as of Monday 4:08pm central

www.RonPaul2012.net
    Last edited by James_Madison_Lives; 09-04-2012 at 12:54 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think they are trolls, they just disagree that it is a good idea.

also:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-3rd-party-run.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-be-FALSE-Wead
    Last edited by CPUd; 09-03-2012 at 08:55 PM.

I just still think this needs to be a split ticket with Johnson. If Johnson is pulling 3-5% and we can get another 12-15%, we're well on out way to invading the minds of the general American voter.

How much can ron paul realistically raise to be able to compete? Will he even be included in telephone surveys?

Another big question - if he somehow got on the LP ticket, would that open them up to having ballot issues with the states/opposition? They are already trying to get the LP off the ballot in PA, would something like this make it easier to get tossed off in PA and other states?
    Last edited by CPUd; 09-03-2012 at 08:59 PM.

GOP trolls are out in force masquerading as Johnson Libertarians attempting to quash speculation and support for a Paul run. Please be aware of this.
    Wtf? Has this forum lost it's mind?

Everyone should stop with the speculation over details and just phone the numbers with an affirmative.

If RP is in then we immediately go to Phase 2.
    There is no spoon.

If you are down with this plan get on those phones and email. We need to lobby Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, and the LP nonstop from now until Leno.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will call tomorrow. Question though..I see the address is the campaign committee...is that the same people who ran his GOP bid?

I will back Dr. Paul no matter what party if he wants to run
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    I will back Dr. Paul no matter what party if he wants to run
    ditto
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

he had MILLIONS of votes and he needs to gauge? Doesn't he look at the polls?
    Our rights are not derived from man but exist because we are men.

RON PAUL 2012!!!

- Welcome to the R[3\/0_l]UTION -
    For America... For Liberty... Ron Paul 2012!

Because enough is enough and its time to take our country back!
    Of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE and for the PEOPLE!

- Join the Ron Paul Army Today! -

- Phone Bank -^v^v- Canvas -^v^- Donate -^v^v- Inform -^v^- Vote -^v^v- WIN! -

I was on the call listening lastnight, it's about a VP for Ron with Gary as Pres. I don't think that will work. And the LP have already chosen their candidates, I think the LP members need to be polled on this in any case.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

As much as I wish it was true, I can't imagine Benton/Tate turning Ron Paul, Inc over to the LP.

And if he were going to run as a third party, he'd need to mount legal challenges in a lot of states to get on the ballot. The "he wants us all to be involved" flies in the face of everything the campaign has said and done over the past few months, too.

I would be happy to log in tomorrow and have everybody mocking me for being so terribly wrong, too.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pipe _ Dream
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    I was on the call listening lastnight, it's about a VP for Ron with Gary as Pres. I don't think that will work. And the LP have already chosen their candidates, I think the LP members need to be polled on this in any case.
    Having Ron Paul in there SOMEWHERE is better than nothing. With Gary Johnson being very similar to RP, I'm all for it. Wish it would be the other way around but I'm not sure if that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    I believe that was what the caller was indicating as best but I do not think Ron Paul said that.
    There is no spoon.

If he ran as VP with Gary it would help the LP very much but they would not win. Don't get me wrong I will be voting for Gary anyways but I'm saying I just don't see Ron doing this.

The only reason he would do this would be to show the GOP why they need to start treating us with some respect. It would not mean to be an indication to us to leave the GOP at all. Even thought the GOP can burn in hell forever for all I care it is still the best bet we have. In two years we all better be ready to start this over again provided Mittens bombs in the election. If not then we must swallow are pride and work within the Democrat party. Thats what im thinking and I'm always right.

But KNOW that I am a Libertarian Big and Little L.
    Last edited by Carehn; 09-03-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

I think Paul and Johnson would make an excellent team, with Johnson bringing managerial skills to the table that Paul might be a bit weak on.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Pipe _ Dream
    So?

I'd rather pipe this dream than spend any time listening to the Repubs/Dems.
    There is no spoon.

At this point RP has more real people support than President Obama.

I wonder who Palin would endorse at this point.

If we are going to have a GOP civil war lets dispense with the foreplay.
    Last edited by idiom; 09-03-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    As much as I wish it was true, I can't imagine Benton/Tate turning Ron Paul, Inc over to the LP.

And if he were going to run as a third party, he'd need to mount legal challenges in a lot of states to get on the ballot. The "he wants us all to be involved" flies in the face of everything the campaign has said and done over the past few months, too.

I would be happy to log in tomorrow and have everybody mocking me for being so terribly wrong, too.
    I don't think it is going to happen, but all along I thought the federal case that should be brought was on fraud and the two party system disenfranchising people because no candidate outside can run a national campaign with a practical chance of winning the ground is so slanted. You'd have to name not only the state GOPs but also the states for ballot access rules being collusion with the parties creating part of what forces people into one of the two parties. Show how fraud inside the party made that not a representative avenue and ask for ballot access and dismantling of ballot access requirements and preferences in funding etc for major parties as a remedy.

I like that case with or without Ron running, but it would address ballot access in one fell swoop, as he polled to get into the debates. At least I would hope it would work that way. and the facts we have with video are pretty compelling imho.

BUT if the LP doesn't think it is a good deal to have Ron at the top of the ticket in return for a solid chance of getting in the debates, which Gary's 1% from Rasmussen this week doesn't make it look like they will be getting into, and more funding and more media, then they dont. And that was the most likely able to work avenue, imho.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 09-03-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I believe that was what the caller was indicating as best but I do not think Ron Paul said that.
    Right, it was Evan Alaska (FB Name) that was the host. He proposed trying to get Ron to run as Gary's VP. That won't do anything for the movement and will maybe help the LP a little, but no debate with Obama and Romney for Gary.
    The only thing that makes sense at all, is Paul/Johnson. But that's not what the conference call was about.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    BUT if the LP doesn't think it is a good deal to have Ron at the top of the ticket in return for a solid chance of getting in the debates, which Gary's 1% from Rasmussen this week doesn't make it look like they will be getting into, and more funding and more media, then they dont. And that was the most likely able to work avenue, imho.
    Well do you think that the 1% will increase if Paul is picked for VP?

I think Paul as VP on the libertarian ticket could get past some ballet access issues that would arise if Paul were to replace GJ as the nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by moraha View Post
    Well do you think that the 1% will increase if Paul is picked for VP?
    Yea, it could probably go to 5%, maybe, but that's not enough to get into a debate with Obama and Romney.

edit: And getting to 5% would be if we kicked ass on the net to get it out that Paul was on the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Ronpaulflix is disinfo?

bs
    Yes. Title says "Doug Wead." You never see Doug Wead, just some dirty hippie with a beer gut claiming to have the out and out scoop on Paul. Are we that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Carehn View Post
    If he ran as VP with Gary it would help the LP very much but they would not win. Don't get me wrong I will be voting for Gary anyways but I'm saying I just don't see Ron doing this.

The only reason he would do this would be to show the GOP why they need to start treating us with some respect. It would not mean to be an indication to us to leave the GOP at all. Even thought the GOP can burn in hell forever for all I care it is still the best bet we have. In two years we all better be ready to start this over again provided Mittens bombs in the election. If not then we must swallow are pride and work within the Democrat party. Thats what im thinking and I'm always right.

But KNOW that I am a Libertarian Big and Little L.
    And if the LP does well enough to get several states' electoral votes, we run the risk of an electoral deadlock. If we don't want Mitt to win, we don't want an electoral deadlock.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast