Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Trump Press Conference Q&A on Charlottesville

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Out of sheer curiosity and going in a tangentially related direction, do we have statistics on extremist-caused deaths in the US? Like, the percentages based on ideology/political affiliation? It's easy to say the side you disagree with is the most violent, but does that hold up in the face of scrutiny?
    I researched this a few years back.

From 1900 forward, in the United States, IIRC the vast majority of incidents of politically motivated violence have been done at the hands of leftists/anarchists/communists.

That is excluding Islamic terrorism which is much much greater than both combined. (at least in numbers dead, due to 9/11)
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-15-2017 at 08:30 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, Antifa has been around maybe a year and the neo-Nazis so long John Belushi made fun of them, but you're already curious to see if they passed them?

Well, they weren't in handcuffs...
    Within the past 10-15 years, preferably. AntiFa has been around in the US since the 80s, though. Granted, they went by a slightly different name.

If police were present, weren't they fearful for their lives/safety?

for a guy that said he was outta here, and with a name like antishism, you sure been tryna stick around and cause rifts, amigo !

Within the past 10-15 years, preferably. AntiFa has been around in the US since the 80s, though. Granted, they went by a slightly different name.
    So we're ignoring Anti-Fed's answer to our question?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    If police were present, weren't they fearful for their lives/safety?
    I'm sure the one sitting next to the incompetent, hot dog helicopter pilot was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Love him or hate him, that man has a set of balls. I pray he has a set of brains as well. With Trump, I have had the feeling he is playing the part of his character from the Apprentice. I am never sure what is an act or what is his character. It will be an interesting next few years.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He didn't. That was a transcript error that I posted. My apologies.
    I hope those are sincere. Please be careful in the future to not misstate facts as some might take you for a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Love him or hate him, that man has a set of balls. I pray he has a set of brains as well. With Trump, I have had the feeling he is playing the part of his character from the Apprentice. I am never sure what is an act or what is his character. It will be an interesting next few years.
    The guy has been toying with running for President since the mid 1980's. He picked the perfect time to jump into politics. Not too old, right atmosphere to rile up groups, etc. He's had a core set of beliefs that hasn't, at least publicly, changed much for decades. His skill set was developed over decades, and I want to research some of his 1980-1995 influences he had. From much of the footage out there, his public demeanor seemed changed a lot after the mid 90's.

If he went on a one-sided condemnation, and ignored violence and vandalism of groups like Antifa, the neo-liberal establishment would still hate him, and he would slowly lose support from his base.
    "If Ron Paul had raised 22 million, he'd have 21.8 million on hand. That's about how he does not like to spend". -Pat Buchanan

I have read someplace that Trump lacks self confidence. This guy goes up against everybody. He is not concerned with being politically correct or what people think or say about him. If he is concerned he does not let that stop him from speaking his mind.

Either Donald Trump is the dumbest President we've ever had (at the very least the dumbest WHITE MAN in America)

or he is banking on the Alt Right/Nazis to win him 2020, which is very naive and fails in the face of logic.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

"Many sides" didn't commit an act of domestic terrorism by trying to mow down protesters with a vehicle.
    No one stupid individual did
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I researched this a few years back.

From 1900 forward, in the United States, IIRC the vast majority of incidents of politically motivated violence have been done at the hands of leftists/anarchists/communists.
    Makes complete sense ideologically, because anarchists and Marxists tended to agitate revolution. What I'd dispute is how much violence is motivated by Islamic terror, when Islamic terror is arguably a tool of the US.

I guess perception is skewed. Truth is False. This means That. Free speech with permit means opposition can show up for violence and be exonerated.

If anyone thinks that the alt-right had a right to assemble and speak their hate and the Anti-fa and BLM were wrong for showing up to protest them, you are sadly in the minority.

Fairness is nowhere to be found.

I think the person driving the car into the crowd should be prosecuted and he should have never driven down that road. If he for whatever reason found himself on that road, he should have backed up or turned around and left. No excuse for continuing into that crowded street. He was no better than the people on the left looking for trouble.

Almost everyone thinks Trump is wrong. I think he told it like it is. If you think that too, we are in the minority. No one ever likes to be told like it is. People like to twist everything. People don't like to accept responsibility.

Black people can demand separate housing at school. Black people can demand...... If you are white you are racist. If you point out an inconsistency or flawed reasoning of liberals you are racist.

It does not matter what Trump says because it will be convoluted into something that someone else wants it to mean.

Ron Paul should be grateful that he never became POTUS. Rand should never run for that office again.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweet. Trump calls out the left... & McCain too... something you won't see MSM do.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    Sweet. Trump calls out the left... & McCain too... something you won't see MSM do.
    You act like it's possible to call out the left without calling out McCain.

We're talking about the cosponsor of McCain-Kennedy, McCain-Feingold, and a whole host of other stuff, as well as the Savior of Obamacare...

The only reason the media says he's right is because they think leftists are always right.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 08-16-2017 at 07:44 AM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Makes complete sense ideologically, because anarchists and Marxists tended to agitate revolution. What I'd dispute is how much violence is motivated by Islamic terror, when Islamic terror is arguably a tool of the US.
    All I can go by is what label it was assigned at the time of the incident.

Re-phrase it to say: That is excluding Islamic terrorism state sponsored government terrorism which is much much greater than both combined.

But yeah, there was a great deal of leftist terrorism in the 50s 60s and 70s, much of it sponsored by the USSR, that has been forgotten.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 08-16-2017 at 08:05 AM.

[QUOTE=acptulsa;6512736]You act like it's possible to call out the left without calling out McCain.[
    QUOTE]

No, not really.

We're talking about the cosponsor of McCain-Kennedy, McCain-Feingold, and a whole host of other stuff, as well as the Savior of Obamacare...

The only reason the media says he's right is because they think leftists are always right.
    ... and yes, agreed... point taken.
    Last edited by shakey1; 08-16-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    But yeah, there was a great deal of leftist terrorism in the 50s 60s and 70s, much of it sponsored by the USSR, that has been forgotten.
    That's true. I don't have any concrete examples in mind, but I'm sure Russia to this day sponsor terrorist orgs, ethnic cleansing, and embed their spooks wherever they want. Just like us. Besides the US and Russia, Israel, China, Japan, India, and Saudi Arabia no doubt have deniable ops of similar scale. All the more reason to actually put America First, and let these fools fill our global footprint with their dead.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    You act like it's possible to call out the left without calling out McCain.
    lets not forget that we're talking about the GOP 2008 presidential nominee as well.

Minorities don't need to fear the Klan, they need to fear the man.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Every talking head has weighed in on Trump's remarks. How come no word from Judge Napolitano?

Dems losing their shiit.. (moar fun than russia)

CNN’s Don Lemon: Anyone In The White House Supporting Trump Is “Complicit In Their Racism As Well”

Dem Rep. Gwen Moore Calls For “Removing” Trump From Office…
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34...trumps-removal

Every talking head has weighed in on Trump's remarks. How come no word from Judge Napolitano?
    Maybe he has enough integrity to not participate that way.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Trump discussed the removal of Robert E Lee and Stonewall Jackson statues. He asks the reporters if they want to remove statues of Washington and Jefferson because those two were slave owners.
    “George Washington as a slave owner. So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner,” Trump said.
    http://nypost.com/2017/08/15/trump-c...e-power-rally/
    Trump makes a good point here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Maybe he has enough integrity to not participate that way.
    He was on with Shepard Smith yesterday discussing DOJ wanting information from a group that organizes rally's against Trump.

He was on with Shepard Smith yesterday discussing DOJ wanting information from a group that organizes rally's against Trump.
    Yeah, what I mean is, maybe the media is trying to make Trump look bad and the Judge won't go in that direction, so they won't air his opinion on Trump's remarks.

Edit:
    And I hope they do investigate those groups and who is funding them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yeah, what I mean is, maybe the media is trying to make Trump look bad and the Judge won't go in that direction, so they won't air his opinion on Trump's remarks.
    I am guessing that the network has not asked him because they don't want his answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post

While I don't disagree with Amash, are very fine people allied with Antifa? What is wrong with calling out violent Communists? Almost certainly the leftists were the ones who provoked the reaction. They are violent people pounding on cars, blocking traffic and screaming. Trump saying both sides are bad seems like a very good point.
    Sorry, but I disagree with Amash. Our buddy Southron was there and he doesn't hate anybody. He just loves liberty and his local history. Justin is a good guy but he can seem like an annoying liberal sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast