Thread: Trying to Find Info on Nancy Pelosi

Trying to Find Info on Nancy Pelosi

Didn't Nancy meet with the joint chiefs to take control of the military before Trump was out of office?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yes
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

And often you will have no help from internet search engines. They have become the Ministry of Truth. The past is buried, hidden or thrown down the memory hole.

But you should be able to find a nice article written about Hillary (or Pelosi) yesterday.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 09-20-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Is this what you're thinking of?

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) – Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley assured US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in January that outgoing President Donald Trump could not launch a nuclear attack on China as the chiefs retained full control of US strategic weapons, Milley’s deputy, Vice Chairman Gen. John Hyten said on Friday.”‘The Speaker of the House just called and she was very concerned about the president: She wants to make sure we have control of the nuclear weapons,” Hyten told a podcast at the Atlantic Council.

“I told her we always have control of the nuclear weapons,” Hyten said.‘Perfectly Within Duties’: Gen. Milley Defends Secret Talks With China on Possibility of US Attack23 hours agoHyten was being questioned on a media report on Friday from Bob Woodward and Robert Costa new book “Peril” that revealed Milley had phoned his Chinese counterpart Gen. Li Zuocheng on January 6 to assure him that the United States was not planning to declare war or to attack China.”For the people listening, you should be absolutely 100% confident that we always have control of the nuclear weapons and there’s always a very disciplined process in place by the Joint Staff,” Hyten added.Hyten said the January 8 conversation between Milley and Li had been agreed on January 1 and was part of “routine” communications between the top US and Chinese military leaders.
    https://newsessentials.wordpress.com...man-says-coup/

But if you’ve been following along here, you may remember another story I wrote back on Jan. 9. Milley’s improper actions followed a call from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) who wanted Milley to stand in the way of Trump taking any military action. As I wrote at the time, she was effectively trying to foment a coup against the legally elected president of the U.S. and interfere with his military power, when she had no ability to do so. It doesn’t matter what they think or their politics, they were acting against the president of the United States and his duly-given constitutional power.
    https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021...-trump-n442936
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-20-2021 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98C73B1F-B76D-4F3F-8445-8B42F3EB1C48.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	8307
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And often you will have no help from internet search engines. They have become the Ministry of Truth. The past is buried, hidden or thrown down the memory hole.

But you should be able to find a nice article written about Hillary yesterday.
    Almost 100% curated. It's like the Truman Show.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    that someone could remember whay I am looking for.
    But you should be able to find a nice article written about Hillary yesterday.
    Yes you are right I tried to search about it and could not find what I was looking for. I asked here because I knew there was a chance
    someone might remember what I am looking for and have a link or something.

So far it is about the closest I have seen to what I am looking for.It seems like the article I read was written in December of 2020.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pelosi Pressed Pentagon on Safeguards to Prevent Trump From Ordering Military Action
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/u...-military.html

Discussed here:

Last edited by dannno; 09-20-2021 at 11:52 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Yes. She did.

This is from Politico on January 8th, 2021:
    Pelosi asks Joint Chiefs about preventing Trump from launching nukes
    The president is 'unhinged' and the nation must be protected from him, she wrote in a letter to colleagues.
    By CONNOR O’BRIEN and JACQUELINE FELDSCHER
    01/08/2021 12:12 PM EST
    Updated: 01/08/2021 03:07 PM EST

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi spoke with the nation's top military officer on Friday about precautions in place to prevent President Donald Trump from ordering a nuclear strike or conducting other military hostilities as Democrats seek his removal from office.

The stunning revelation came in a letter from the speaker to House Democrats outlining next steps following a violent breach of the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday by Trump supporters. Pelosi said she spoke to Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley about guardrails in place that could prevent "an unstable president" from wielding the military or the country's nuclear arsenal.

"This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike," Pelosi said in the letter.

"The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy," she added.

Milley's spokesperson, Col. Dave Butler, said Pelosi initiated the call with the chairman. "He answered her questions regarding the process of nuclear command authority.”

Numerous Democratic lawmakers have pushed for legislation that would limit the president's authority to launch a nuclear strike — including by requiring additional officials to sign off on a launch and making the "no first use of nuclear weapons" an official U.S. policy.

Some have also warned of Trump's politicization of the military and expressed concerns ahead of the November election that the commander in chief could use the military, either domestically or internationally, in an improper manner with the goal of influencing the election or staying in power.

The process to launch a nuclear strike does not proceed through the typical military decision-making chain of command that requires input and approval from many officials. Instead, the order is meant to be conveyed as quickly as possible so military officers can execute a decision that only the president can make....
    more: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...r-codes-456529

This article from February 24th indicates the conversation took place on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 - this may be a typo?:
    Pelosi said she spoke to Milley on Jan. 5 "to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike."
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...r-capabilities
    Last edited by Valli6; 09-21-2021 at 08:36 AM.

Opinion from the Wallstreet Journal Editorial Board - Jan 8, 2021

A Coup of Pelosi’s Own
    The House Speaker publicizes her nuclear option to protect the world from Trump.

By The Editorial Board
    Jan. 8, 2021 6:32 pm ET

We scoured the U.S. Constitution Friday afternoon and it’s definitely not there: the provision allowing the Speaker of the House of Representatives to intervene in the military chain of command to protect the world from President Trump.

Mrs. Pelosi told her Democratic colleagues that she spoke Friday morning to Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, “to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike.” She posted the “Dear colleague” letter on her website to make sure the world got the message. A spokesman for Gen. Milley told reporters the chairman “answered her questions.”...

[Full story is not available to non-subscribers]
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-coup-...bshare_twitter
    Here's CNN with Pelosi's letter to colleagues from January 8th: https:// www . cnn . com/2021/01/08/politics/pelosi-letter-on-nuclear-codes/index.html
    Read: Pelosi's letter on speaking with the chairman of the Joint Chiefs about Trump and the nuclear codes
    Updated 1:12 PM ET, Fri January 8, 2021

(CNN)House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told her members in a letter Friday that she spoke to Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Mark Milley about President Donald Trump and the nuclear codes. Milley said in a statement that Pelosi initiated the call and he "answered her questions regarding the process of nuclear command authority."

The text of Pelosi's letter is below:

Dear Democratic Colleague,

It is a spirit of pride and with great solemnity that I write to you about the events of this past week.

Thank You to Members Defending Democracy: On Wednesday evening, following an horrific assault on our Democracy, our Democratic Caucus showed to the country and to the world that we would not be diverted from our duty to validate the election of President-elect Joe Biden. Despite the desecration of the temple of our democracy, the House upheld its responsibility to the Constitution and to the American people. My deepest gratitude goes to our scholars -- Reps. Raskin, Lofgren, Schiff, and Neguse -- and to the delegations of Arizona and Pennsylvania facing objections who made the case for respecting the will of the American people.

Capitol Police: It is with great sadness that I also write to share the news that a twelve-year veteran of the U.S. Capitol Police, Officer Brian Sicknick, died after defending the Capitol complex and protecting all who serve and work here. The perpetrators of Officer Sicknick's death must be brought to justice. Five people have now died because of the act of insurrection. This is a stain on our nation's history.

While we are appreciative of the bravery of the Capitol Police, we are disappointed in the lack of leadership. For that reason I called upon the Chief of the Capitol Police to resign, and he has. I have also accepted the resignation of the House Sergeant-at-Arms. Chair Lofgren will discuss on our noon Caucus call how we will move forward with responding to the failures that allowed this tragedy to happen.

Removing the President From Office: As you know, there is growing momentum around the invocation of the 25th Amendment, which would allow the Vice President and a majority of the Cabinet to remove the President for his incitement of insurrection and the danger he still poses. Yesterday, Leader Schumer and I placed a call with Vice President Pence, and we still hope to hear from him as soon as possible with a positive answer as to whether he and the Cabinet will honor their oath to the Constitution and the American people.

Nearly fifty years ago, after years of enabling their rogue President, Republicans in Congress finally told President Nixon that it was time to go. Today, following the President's dangerous and seditious acts, Republicans in Congress need to follow that example and call on Trump to depart his office -- immediately. If the President does not leave office imminently and willingly, the Congress will proceed with our action.

Preventing an Unhinged President From Using the Nuclear Codes: This morning, I spoke to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike. The situation of this unhinged President could not be more dangerous, and we must do everything that we can to protect the American people from his unbalanced assault on our country and our democracy.

Resources for Responding to Trauma: The attack on Wednesday had a great traumatic effect on Members and congressional employees. I have asked the Attending Physician to provide to Members with information about access to counseling. You should shortly be receiving a Dear Colleague from the Office of the Attending Physician and the Office of the Employee Assistance.

I am very grateful to Members for your communications regarding what you think should happen. I take your suggestions very seriously as we build consensus in our Caucus as we go forward.

Thank you for your patriotism, your courage and your leadership.
    Last edited by Valli6; 09-21-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Opinion from the Wallstreet Journal Editorial Board - Jan 8, 2021

Dear Democratic Colleague,

It is a spirit of pride and with great solemnity that I write to you about the events of this past week.

Thank You to Members Defending Democracy: On Wednesday evening, following an horrific assault on our Democracy, our Democratic Caucus showed to the country and to the world that we would not be diverted from our duty to validate the election of President-elect Joe Biden. Despite the desecration of the temple of our democracy,
    Here's CNN with Pelosi's letter to colleagues from January 8th: https:// www . cnn . com/2021/01/08/politics/pelosi-letter-on-nuclear-codes/index.html
    Should someone tell her we are a Republic?

Does anyone know if Trump did or said something specifically that made them fear he would nuke anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98C73B1F-B76D-4F3F-8445-8B42F3EB1C48.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	8307
    So funny LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Does anyone know if Trump did or said something specifically that made them fear he would nuke anyone?
    I can't for the life of me find reference to any such incident! It appears they pulled it out of thin air - so nuts!