Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Skittles + Arizona Watermelon juice + Robitussin = purple drank recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    Why does this matter again?
    Wondering why it took 15 posts to ask this question.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Pretty $#@!ing crass--he's a dead kid that was almost an adult who may or may not have had a drug problem. He's dead, no need to mock him.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Pretty $#@!ing crass--he's a dead kid that was almost an adult who may or may not have had a drug problem. He's dead, no need to mock him.

What the Media Choose Not to Know about Trayvon

American Thinker
    June 7, 2012

Trayvon, with his hoodie up, grabs two items from the shelves of 7-11. One is the Skittles. The other is Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail. The media avoid the name of the real drink -- possibly because of the racial implications of the word "watermelon," but possibly to avoid probing the real reason for Trayon's trip.

Trayvon, in fact, had become a devotee of the druggy concoction known as "Lean," also known in southern hip-hop culture as "Sizzurp" and "Purple Drank." Lean consists of three basic ingredients -- codeine, a soft drink, and candy. If his Facebook postings are to be believed, Trayvon had been using Lean since at least June 2011.

On June 27, 2011, Trayvon asks a friend online, "unow a connect for codien?" He tells the friend that "robitussin nd soda" could make "some fire ass lean." He says, "I had it before" and that he wants "to make some more." On the night of February 26, if Brandy had some Robitussin at home, Trayvon had just bought the mixings for one "fire ass lean" cocktail.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

What is completely irrelevant to the case?

Another example of "blame the victim".

If Zimmerman was not playing Cop,, and stalking and harassing the kid there would have been NO confrontation.
    He should have stayed in his truck and minded his own business.,, but no.. he went out of his way to pursue and confront the kid.

This was not what "Stand your Ground" was about,, and Zimmerman is making a mockery of it,, and handing opponents ammunition.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

If Zimmerman was not playing Cop,, and stalking and harassing the kid there would have been NO confrontation.
    He should have stayed in his truck and minded his own business.,, but no.. he went out of his way to pursue and confront the kid.

This was not what "Stand your Ground" was about,, and Zimmerman is making a mockery of it,, and handing opponents ammunition.
    Not a fan of self-defense?
    ----

Trayvon, in fact, had become a devotee of the druggy concoction known as "Lean," also known in southern hip-hop culture as "Sizzurp" and "Purple Drank." Lean consists of three basic ingredients -- codeine, a soft drink, and candy. If his Facebook postings are to be believed, Trayvon had been using Lean since at least June 2011.
    Lmao. A devotee huh? The 'three basic ingredients' left out the most important one- Promethazine. It appears they aren't so basic.

On June 27, 2011, Trayvon asks a friend online, "unow a connect for codien?" He tells the friend that "robitussin nd soda" could make "some fire ass lean." He says, "I had it before" and that he wants "to make some more." On the night of February 26, if Brandy had some Robitussin at home, Trayvon had just bought the mixings for one "fire ass lean" cocktail.
    Lmao. You have a kid acting hard online. "I had it before".... lmao. "unow a connect..." GTFOH. This is what I was referring to a few pages ago. Are you kidding me? That is not even to mention he said "robitussion nd soda." Not Arizona Ice Tea. Carbonated is preferred. Ask anyone who actually drinks the bull$#@!, they aren't mixing it with juice. Ask anyone who actually drinks it, they aren't drinking Robitussin. Some kid talking $#@! on the internet. What a shocking tale.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 07-06-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by krugminator View Post
    Being suspended from school multiple times from drug possession, bragging about doing drugs on Facebook, and possessing two out of the three ingredients fora drug that he bragged about doing, raises reasonable suspicion.

Zimmerman used poor judgment. A jury could conceivably find him guilty of something. Though it is most certain that Trayvon Martin was bad news and I think beyond a reasonable doubt played a major role in his own death.
    Trayvon was NOT suspended multiple times for drugs. He was suspended 3 times:
    -Tardiness
    -Graffiti (writing WTF)
    -A baggy with supposed marijuana traces.

Zimmerman had a record of violence and numerous amounts of 911 calls- no one likes to talk about those details.
    There is no spoon.

According to Zimmerman's testimony he didn't go out of his way to pursue him, at least not on foot. And he also says that TM is the one who started the confrontation.

Secondly, as for "If Zimmerman was not playing Cop"... I don't see any problems with a neighborhood policing itself...
    Last edited by TheTexan; 07-06-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Not a fan of self-defense?
    I am. I believe the kid attempted to defend himself against an armed stalker and lost.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I have been saying this since Day One of this whole blinkin' mess.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    According to Zimmerman's testimony he didn't go out of his way to pursue him, at least not on foot. And he also says the TM is the one who started the confrontation.

Secondly, as for "If Zimmerman was not playing Cop"... I don't see any problems with a neighborhood policing itself...
    That's what I thought we wanted people to do. That way we wouldn't really need police going around harassing people.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Ask anyone who actually drinks the bull$#@!, they aren't mixing it with juice. Ask anyone who actually drinks it, they aren't drinking Robitussin. Some kid talking $#@! on the internet. What a shocking tale.
    Purple drank started right here in my City. H-Town. Houston, Texas.

Purple drank is a slang term for a recreational drug popular in the hip hop community in the southern United States, originating in Houston, Texas. Its main ingredient is prescription-strength cough syrup containing codeine and promethazine. Cough syrup is typically mixed with ingredients such as Sprite soft drink or Mountain Dew and pieces of Jolly Rancher candy. The purplish hue of purple drank comes from dyes in the cough syrup.

History

Houston, Texas producer DJ Screw popularized the concoction, which is widely attributed as a source of inspiration for the "chopped and screwed" style of hip hop music. Originally, the active ingredient of "syrup" was cough syrup containing promethazine and codeine. The concoction first gained popularity in the underground rap scene in Houston,[11] where musician Big Hawk said it was consumed as early as the 1960s and 1970s, becoming more widespread in the early 1990s. Its use later spread to other southern states. Because of usage by rap artists in Houston, it became more popular in the 1990s.

In June 2000, Three 6 Mafia's single "Sippin' on Some Syrup," featuring UGK, brought the term "purple drank" to a nationwide audience. Three 6 Mafia's single "Rainbow Colors" featuring Lil' Flip pertains to the consumption of purple drank; the addition of a Jolly Rancher candy to a cup of purple drank creates a spectrum of colors, hence the name.

In 2004, the University of Texas found that 8.3% of secondary school students in Texas had taken codeine syrup to get high. The Drug Enforcement Administration reports "busts" involving syrup across the southern United States, particularly in Texas and Florida.

As of 2011, the price of purple drank in Houston is twice the price in Los Angeles.
    ----

According to Zimmerman's testimony he didn't go out of his way to pursue him, at least not on foot. And he also says that TM is the one who started the confrontation.

Then Zimmerman should have stuck to the RULES of Neighborhood Watch that he had been taught.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Then Zimmerman should have stuck to the RULES of Neighborhood Watch that he had been taught.
    When someone is bashing your head into the concrete, I think you should be allowed to shoot them out of self-defense.
    ----

You're implying he should have called the police, and let them handle it? I couldn't disagree more. Zimmerman, as a citizen of that community, is in a much better position to protect his family and his community, than some dickbag with a badge and legal immunity who's only imperative is to enforce laws (his imperative is definitely not to serve and protect).
    Last edited by TheTexan; 07-06-2013 at 07:14 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

American Thinker
    June 7, 2012

Trayvon, with his hoodie up, grabs two items from the shelves of 7-11. One is the Skittles. The other is Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail. The media avoid the name of the real drink -- possibly because of the racial implications of the word "watermelon," but possibly to avoid probing the real reason for Trayon's trip.

Yeah. He was a human being who was experimenting with or using drugs and he made some bad decisions, just as Zimmerman did. I'm trying to think of one of my friends from high school and college who didn't experiment and I can come up with 2...out of over 100 people?

All of them deserve to die?

According to the police dispatcher,,(unless the story has changed,,I haven't kept up) he was told to stay in his truck and leave him alone.
    At some point he got out of the truck and confronted him. The kid did not drag him from his vehicle.
    The kid made a call about some freak stalking him. he was trying to avoid him.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    According to the police dispatcher,,(unless the story has changed,,I haven't kept up) he was told to stay in his truck and leave him alone.
    At some point he got out of the truck and confronted him. The kid did not drag him from his vehicle.
    It's not illegal to get out of your truck. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    ----

When someone is bashing your head into the concrete, I think you should be allowed to shoot them out of self-defense.
    No one would have been bashing his head in, if he had stuck to the rules: Watch & Report. Nothing more.

Also- we do not know about who attacked who or what really happened except from Zimmerman's mouth. Since he lied to the judge earlier, maybe his words should be taken with a grain of salt?
    There is no spoon.

You're implying he should have called the police, and let them handle it? I couldn't disagree more. Zimmerman, as a citizen of that community, is in a much better position to protect his family and his community, than some dickbag with a badge and legal immunity who's only imperative is to enforce laws.
    And the kid had every right to go from the store to his residence,, or for a walk around the neighborhood without being accosted.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

You're implying he should have called the police, and let them handle it? I couldn't disagree more. Zimmerman, as a citizen of that community, is in a much better position to protect his family and his community, than some dickbag with a badge and legal immunity who's only imperative is to enforce laws (his imperative is definitely not to serve and protect).
    Zimmerman was the cop-lover. HE was the one who called them. HE was the who wanted the NW. HE was the one who was supposed to follow the specific rules that HE asked for.

Maybe you should read your sig line a bit more.
    There is no spoon.

According to GZ's testimony,

Police dispatcher asked for an address so they knew where to go
    Zimmerman wasn't familiar with the street he was on, got out of his truck to look for a street sign
    He knew the street name of the street on the other side of the yards, went along the sidewalk in that direction to find a street # to give the police
    Dispatcher asks, "are you following him?" He says yes, but in his testimony the day after, he meant that he was "in the area", (incidentally following, not intentionally)
    Dispatcher says, we don't need you to do that
    GZ says OK, turns around back towards his truck, and tells them directions on how to get to his truck
    GZ sees TM walking towards him
    TM begins confrontation
    Last edited by TheTexan; 07-06-2013 at 07:24 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

And the kid had every right to go from the store to his residence,, or for a walk around the neighborhood without being accosted.
    George Zimmerman: Trayvon Martin attacked me
    http://fox59.com/2013/07/01/george-z...n-attacked-me/

Note to self: Don't attack the Neighborhood watch.
    ----

It's not illegal to get out of your truck. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Come on,, you are not really that obtuse.
    it is not self defense if you provoke a confrontation.
    He was $#@!ing stalking the kid.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

People were drinking Promethazine + Codeine recreationally long before DJ Screw was around.

I'd doubt it originated in Houston and if it did, no one would be able to definitively say so. People around the country realized you felt a certain way after drinking it. People have been abusing it since soon after it's inception. DJ Screw's 'chopped and screwed' and usage is what made it popular. (his death, too) Soon after you had high profile rappers such as Lil Wayne, Beanie Sigel, Bun B and the rest promoting its usage. (indirectly or directly)

TM said "I had it once".. Yeah, okay. Seems legit. Probably took some Benadryl and felt asleep. Put on a front because he thinks it is cool. (rap music tells him it's cool) A joke. Tragic that kids listen to the nonsense and try to emulate them.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pcosmar again.

Wish I could rep ya!
    There is no spoon.

Zimmerman was the cop-lover. HE was the one who called them. HE was the who wanted the NW. HE was the one who was supposed to follow the specific rules that HE asked for.
    Doesn't matter what he thinks, because we were discussing what you think, and I think. YOU think he should have called the cops. I disagree with you.
    - Kim Kardashian

Come on,, you are not really that obtuse.
    it is not self defense if you provoke a confrontation.
    He was $#@!ing stalking the kid.
    Just giving the facts.

George Zimmerman: Trayvon Martin attacked me
    http://fox59.com/2013/07/01/george-z...n-attacked-me/
    ----

That may be what happened. That version certainly isn't the story being told in the courtroom.

EDIT: Already see that you've been corrected.

The bottomline is I don't see how anyone can feel that great about Zimmerman, but he shouldn't be getting 2nd degree murder. And certainly no one should be enthusiastic about Martin. The guy was thug who almost certainly provoked this to a shooting.
    Last edited by krugminator; 07-06-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast