Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clinton Landslide poll: ABC/WaPo has party ID at Democrat+12

Clinton Landslide poll: ABC/WaPo has party ID at Democrat+12

One difference b/w the NBC/WSJ and ABC/WaPo polls? NBC/WSJ has party ID at D+4 advantage. ABC/WaPo has party ID at D+12
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quick, call the unskewed polls guy; maybe this time he'll be right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Man, that is an ugly poll for the Trumpkins.

Trump can withstand, for the moment, bad polling like that IF AND ONLY IF he gets the fundraising geared up, to offer the possibility that the polling numbers can be turned around. If the so-far bleak fundraising isn't improved, there's going to be a lot of pressure on Trump to voluntarily withdraw before the convention. Crap prospects for the top of the ticket would portend disaster for the Republicans downticket.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to high level RNC conversations about now. I wonder what the panic level is.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Trump will start beating the $#@! out of Clinton as soon as he gets a chance to debate her live on national television.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Not to rain on the orgasm parade of everybody thinking that Donald Trump is going to lose the election, but you people do realize that ABC employs a bunch of former Clinton operatives and that the Washington Post has been part of the whole #NeverTrump effort, right?

Sorry, can't put much stock in this poll, though I will agree that currently Trump is trailing, but the margin is slim and will probably turn when the polls start accounting for all the Sanders people that are going to stay home.

Short of Trump suddenly keeling over dead, I don't see him losing this one. I'm not particularly thrilled about the prospect, but I'm not in the denying reality camp either.

really who but dumbocrats watch abc or read the wash. post anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Not to rain on the orgasm parade of everybody thinking that Donald Trump is going to lose the election, but you people do realize that ABC employs a bunch of former Clinton operatives and that the Washington Post has been part of the whole #NeverTrump effort, right?

Sorry, can't put much stock in this poll, though I will agree that currently Trump is trailing, but the margin is slim and will probably turn when the polls start accounting for all the Sanders people that are going to stay home.

Short of Trump suddenly keeling over dead, I don't see him losing this one. I'm not particularly thrilled about the prospect, but I'm not in the denying reality camp either.
    You have any numbers to back this up, or are you just going by emotions?

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    You have any numbers to back this up, or are you just going by emotions?

Weren't you the guy that thought Trump will lose nomination and still spaming the forum with posts that Trump might still get denied.

Yeah you are that guy. Also supported Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Weren't you the guy that thought Trump will lose nomination and still spaming the forum with posts that Trump might still get denied.

Guy?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Guy?
    Guy gal it. W.e

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post

You're just posting words.

That are true and you are the subject.

@ CPUd:

Stop clouding the issue with facts.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

[adopt an angry, drunken sneer]

"You're a Hillary-luvuh!!!" -Bob Ewell to CPUd in "To Kill A Mockingbird"
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 06-27-2016 at 01:16 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    @ CPUd:

Stop clouding the issue with facts.
    You mean, CPUd should stop oversimplifying the issues with a misleading, Ross Perot chart mentality.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    You mean, CPUd should stop oversimplifying the issues with a misleading, Ross Perot chart mentality.
    Did you have some polling numbers you were going to post, or are you also relying on emotional arguments?

Did you have some polling numbers you were going to post, or are you also relying on emotional arguments?
    I have posted facts about how the actual voter turnout numbers from the past primary season supersedes the situational poll numbers you have cited, and are a more accurate indicator of how the election will turn out. I have pointed out the facts about how the current month's polls reflect the expected drop that Trump was going to have this month, and that the average differential between him and Hillary remains near the margin of error, while your cites repeatedly omit these mitigating circumstances, to support a "Trump is sinking, hooray" narrative. I suggest it is you who are using polls out of context to buttress an emotional argument.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 06-27-2016 at 05:32 PM.

I have posted facts about how the actual voter turnout numbers from the past primary season supersedes the situational poll numbers you have cited, and are a more accurate indicator of how the election will turn out. I have pointed out the facts about how the current month's polls reflect the expected drop that Trump was going to have this month, and that the average differential between him and Hillary remains near the margin of error, while your cites repeatedly omit these mitigating circumstances, to support a "Trump is sinking, hooray" narrative. I suggest it is you who are using polls out of context to buttress an emotional argument.
    You mean the turnout that mobilized to vote against Trump? I agree, it is record setting:

Pollsters have been dismally wrong this cycle. Polling samples are chosen according to the projection of the pollster. They all start with a premise and poll to give a result that proves their premise. This is not a true sampling of opinion. It is a way to try to convince nonresponders that they are the minority.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Pollsters have been dismally wrong this cycle. Polling samples are chosen according to the projection of the pollster. They all start with a premise and poll to give a result that proves their premise. This is not a true sampling of opinion. It is a way to try to convince nonresponders that they are the minority.
    Just like how the pollsters have been wrong with the Brexit Vote poll lol.

You mean the turnout that mobilized to vote against Trump? I agree, it is record setting:
    Trump stands apart as an energizing candidate, both pro and con. The crucial dynamic being those not voting for Trump will be almost certainly not voting for Hillary, but either (mostly) staying home or voting for Johnson. Based on the energizing turnout FOR Trump alone, he is expected to get up to 12 million more votes than Romney did in 2012, as per the monster wave analysis:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-monster-vote/

Trump stands apart as an energizing candidate, both pro and con. The crucial dynamic being those not voting for Trump will be almost certainly not voting for Hillary, but either (mostly) staying home or voting for Johnson. Based on the energizing turnout FOR Trump alone, he is expected to get up to 12 million more votes than Romney did in 2012, as per the monster wave analysis:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-monster-vote/
    That blog is claiming up to 73 million GOP votes for the general election, which is supposedly significant because something something about his core demographic has been underestimated. Suppose it were true, this would be 100% of registered GOP voting for Trump (which we know will not happen) plus about half of independents (possible) plus 10% of registered Dems (maybe 5%). The first problem with that is the registered GOP is not 100% white over 45 non college. To be competitive, Trump would need 60-75% of GOP voters to be in that demographic, and 90% turnout, which won't happen even if you throw in those 12 million votes. The next problem is over 40% of Trump's primary votes came from solid blue states in the Northeast, in a general election, these are literally wasted votes. Trump can't even raise money in those states now, unless it is with small gatherings of wealthy people representing special interests.

This is without even getting into his issues with the religious groups.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @CPUd: you've gotta admit that you were the guy who spent the whole primary posting information to support the idea that Trump was going to lose, and in the end, your methodology/thesis failed completely.

What makes your methodology/thesis any less garbage this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    @CPUd: you've gotta admit that you were the guy who spent the whole primary posting information to support the idea that Trump was going to lose, and in the end, your methodology/thesis failed completely.

What makes your methodology/thesis any less garbage this time?
    I've already admitted I (like a lot of folks) thought the primary polling was wrong, but it turned out to be mostly accurate.

I've already admitted I (like a lot of folks) thought the primary polling was wrong, but it turned out to be mostly accurate.
    The point is that you did not have the intuition to be able to see that Trump was being massively underestimated for quite some time.

I was noticing the sea-change back in SEPTEMBER and was anticipating his primary victory then.

Why were you unable to see what was happening?

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps you are just really bad at anticipating what is going to happen when it comes to Donald Trump?

The point is that you did not have the intuition to be able to see that Trump was being massively underestimated for quite some time.

I was noticing the sea-change back in SEPTEMBER and was anticipating his primary victory then.

Why were you unable to see what was happening?

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps you are just really bad at anticipating what is going to happen when it comes to Donald Trump?
    I didn't underestimate him, I overestimated his opponents. They should have all been going after him form day 1 the way Rand did, and the way the Dems are now.

I didn't underestimate him, I overestimated his opponents. They should have all been going after him form day 1 the way Rand did, and the way the Dems are now.
    The guy who lasted the longest against Trump (Cruz) was the guy who avoided a confrontation with him for the longest amount of time.

Objectively speaking, all of the available evidence shows that you are really bad at anticipating anything that is going to happen with Donald Trump.

Why don't you start listening to the people who were actually correct about his performance?

The guy who lasted the longest against Trump (Cruz) was the guy who avoided a confrontation with him for the longest amount of time.

Objectively speaking, all of the available evidence shows that you are really bad at anticipating anything that is going to happen with Donald Trump.

Why don't you start listening to the people who were actually correct about his performance?
    The polls are correct about his performance. I am paying attention to the polling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast