Thread: Reaching out to other Christians with Ron Paul's "Just War Theory" with a new video!

Reaching out to other Christians with Ron Paul's "Just War Theory" with a new video!

promote this, give this to any friends you have who are christians or who you think will like the video.Post it on facebook, twitter and facebook pages of all sorts that you think will benefit Ron Pauls voice of reason to be heard on this theory and principle.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good one! That's one of my favorite clips of his, it's powerful.

- Darin

Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    Good one! That's one of my favorite clips of his, it's powerful.

- Darin
    I agree it is one of his best short speeches. This is the speech that a lot of people need to hear. Along with the "what if" speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dyy...39ACBC546A6397

I like it. This could be key to conversions.

Just War Theory

Just cause
    The reason for going to war needs to be just and cannot therefore be solely for recapturing things taken or punishing people who have done wrong; innocent life must be in imminent danger and intervention must be to protect life. A contemporary view of just cause was expressed in 1993 when the US Catholic Conference said: "Force may be used only to correct a grave, public evil, i.e., aggression or massive violation of the basic human rights of whole populations."

Comparative justice
    While there may be rights and wrongs on all sides of a conflict, to overcome the presumption against the use of force, the injustice suffered by one party must significantly outweigh that suffered by the other. Some theorists such as Brian Orend omit this term, seeing it as fertile ground for exploitation by bellicose regimes.

Competent authority
    Only duly constituted public authorities may wage war. "A just war must be initiated by a political authority within a political system that allows distinctions of justice. Dictatorships (i.e. Hitler's Regime) or a deceptive military actions (i.e. the 1968 US bombing of Cambodia) are typically considered as violations of this criterion. The importance of this condition is key. Plainly, we cannot have a genuine process of judging a just war within a system that represses the process of genuine justice. A just war must be initiated by a political authority within a political system that allows distinctions of justice".<[3]>

Right intention
    Force may be used only in a truly just cause and solely for that purpose—correcting a suffered wrong is considered a right intention, while material gain or maintaining economies is not.

Probability of success
    Arms may not be used in a futile cause or in a case where disproportionate measures are required to achieve success;

Last resort
    Force may be used only after all peaceful and viable alternatives have been seriously tried and exhausted or are clearly not practical. It may be clear that the other side is using negotiations as a delaying tactic and will not make meaningful concessions.

Proportionality
    The anticipated benefits of waging a war must be proportionate to its expected evils or harms. This principle is also known as the principle of macro-proportionality, so as to distinguish it from the jus in bello principle of proportionality.

In modern terms, just war is waged in terms of self-defense, or in defense of another (with sufficient evidence).
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post

this is a very important platform that needs to be put on the table for people to learn about. The GOP consists of a majority of religious voters and I think this kind of talk can really make them listen and at least engage into conversation in a more respectful manner than they usually would

Great video!

this would be a great hand out for the value voters summit if people were planning on bringing stuff.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Great video!

this would be a great hand out for the value voters summit if people were planning on bringing stuff.
    Agree^^^

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    great video!

This would be a great hand out for the value voters summit if people were planning on bringing stuff.
    doo it! Do it do it! Do it :d

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Those two videos are amazing!
    the 2nd video is awesome and the music is beautiful.Its Aaron Copland's "Shaker Melody" and "Fanfare to the Common Man"

The first needs to be run on TV in Iowa for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    The first needs to be run on TV in Iowa for sure.
    If REVPAC gets in contact with me I can send them all the video and let them add music to it and the speech ..I actually would love to work for the campaign doing vids

The message is great, but the production could be cleaner, IMO.

Why spell it "WARs", and not "WARS"?

Hate to be negative, but I think little changes like that would make the clip a more effective vehicle of its crucially important message.

Quote Originally Posted by ppeter View Post
    The message is great, but the production could be cleaner, IMO.

Why spell it "WARs", and not "WARS"?

Hate to be negative, but I think little changes like that would make the clip a more effective vehicle of its crucially important message.
    I did that so that it looks different,I don't know what else would make the clip more effective really I just want it to be simple

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post

promote this, give this to any friends you have who are christians or who you think will like the video.Post it on facebook, twitter and facebook pages of all sorts that you think will benefit Ron Pauls voice of reason to be heard on this theory and principle.
    Excellent video!

If church leaders across America will teach the "Christian Just War Theory", then perhaps enough people will support peace to actually make it happen in our lifetimes. Do it for the "Prince of Peace."
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Excellent video!

If church leaders across America will teach the "Christian Just War Theory", then perhaps enough people will support peace to actually make it happen in our lifetimes. Do it for the "Prince of Peace."
    Im working on an even more epic video right now

Forgot about this one. Posted on Flix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

The Just War Theory would be a good response when they accuse Ron Paul of parroting terrorists or taking his marching orders from terrorists in the debates.