Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: IL-Man gets dragged off and bloodied for refusing to give up seat on United flight

What if you owned a body shop and had cars to paint the next day? Is your time or customers less important? Him being a doctor is of little significance to me. The airline should have used diplomacy instead of force.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wait a minute , if this guy is chinese how did they let him into Louisville in the first place ? What does the @texan have to say on this ?
    Do something Danke

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    whomever over booked the plane should be fired on the grounds that he/she can't count
    Overbooking is standard procedure. All airlines do it.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Overbooking is standard procedure. All airlines do it.
    That's actually the real problem - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nd-Overbooking
    They should not be doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    What if you owned a body shop and had cars to paint the next day? Is your time or customers less important? Him being a doctor is of little significance to me.
    Did you really just say that?

Painting cars is more important than a potentially life saving procedure?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    What are you going to do about it?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Wouldnt happen to me.

I have status.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What are you going to do about it?
    I am talking about it. Maybe Danke will have better ideas if he decides to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Wouldnt happen to me.

I have status.
    Is your status something a robocop would acknowledge?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is your status something a robocop would acknowledge?
    I'm sure they would back off after I calmly explain the situation. Officers are very rational and understanding.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I'm sure they would back off after I calmly explain the situation. Officers are very rational and understanding.
    They also have orders to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    whomever over booked the plane should be fired on the grounds that he/she can't count
    who needs to be able to count or do anything halfway decently if they have the gestapo at their beck and call ?

Wouldnt happen to me.

I have status.
    Do you think they excluded the customers with goldmember status when they picked who they were throwing out ?
    Do something Danke

This passenger must have pulled some Kwai Chang Caine on the hero squad to have gotten away from them.

It is rather curious that they let him go back to the airplane, especially if they used the justification as to acting to protect the airplane and passengers.

My personal theory is that they beat the f out of him in the jetway and left him for dead for a few moments to go grab a smoke and get their stories straight.

There is new video of him after he returned to the airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    This passenger must have pulled some Kwai Chang Caine on the hero squad to have gotten away from them.

It is rather curious that they let him go back to the airplane, especially if they used the justification as to acting to protect the airplane and passengers.

My personal theory is that they beat the f out of him in the jetway and left him for dead for a few moments to go grab a smoke and get their stories straight.

There is new video of him after he returned to the airplane.
    I think the people who were to take his seat, the people who all this fight was for, realized what kind of crap they would be stepping into and decided to back off.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Do you think they excluded the customers with goldmember status when they picked who they were throwing out ?
    Based on my experience they would go after people with the cheapest tickets. So if the dude bought his ticket more than 6 months ago for $25 he would be the first to go. This really incentivizes long term planning and justifies asking premium for last minute reservations.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's actually the real problem - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nd-Overbooking

Depends on one's point of view. The over-booking is based on statistical models that mostly hold. Being statistical, powerful as they may be at prediction, they are not infallible. That's where over-booking fails to fit the mean and you get situations like this.

I am confident that when you purchase a seat, the contract stipulates that you may be removed from a flight for any of a number of reasons. That said, the man who was removed ought not have been beaten semi-senseless, assuming he did nothing to provoke such behavior. Being upset is not a valid reason for physically pummeling someone, IMO. Mewonders what went on "behind closed doors", so to speak. Of course, police were involved, so the safe money is on the bet that says the cops beat him because $#@! you.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

"The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post

Agreed. I am inclined to think that he is ultimately going to become a rather wealthy man in the wake of this event. I hope he was clean as a whistle, the cops dirty as Obama's underwear (eeeewww...), he gets a $#@!-ton of cash, and the cops in question go to prison where they will live on death row for the rest of their miserable lives. Not holding my breath on that last bit.

Doubtful. I can't say what happened, but what we are seeing is not tracking with "normal", that seems certain enough.

I'd laugh my anus into mad prolapse were we to find he works for CIA or FBI or some such agency and that the officers in question were now soiling themselves with worry.

Depends on one's point of view. The over-booking is based on statistical models that mostly hold. Being statistical, powerful as they may be at prediction, they are not infallible. That's where over-booking fails to fit the mean and you get situations like this.

I am confident that when you purchase a seat, the contract stipulates that you may be removed from a flight for any of a number of reasons. That said, the man who was removed ought not have been beaten semi-senseless, assuming he did nothing to provoke such behavior. Being upset is not a valid reason for physically pummeling someone, IMO. Mewonders what went on "behind closed doors", so to speak. Of course, police were involved, so the safe money is on the bet that says the cops beat him because $#@! you.
    So the real question is: Is it possible to buy a ticket on an airplane? Or is it just a lottery ticket?

I'd laugh my anus into mad prolapse
    You could spare us the visuals. Ick!

What upsets me the most after watching all these videos is that the passengers did NOTHING but pull out their cell phones and record the whole thing. If at least one person had jumped up and blocked the aisles, yelling at the other passengers to do the same, I am sure whatever small percentage who would have responded would have stopped them from carrying this man off the plane through that narrow aisle, blowing the situation up even more, and letting the airlines know they are not going to get away with this kind of behavior.

As someone stated earlier in the thread, why not offer $10K instead of a lawsuit? If $800.00 was not enough (and I bet it was a voucher, not actual cash), keep raising it by $100.00 every 5 minutes until someone takes the offer.

I will never view travel the same after this. And if this happens on any flight I am on, they will need to run over me also to get that passenger off the plane. Sickening.
    There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.
    (1 John 4:18)

Quote Originally Posted by Created4 View Post
    What upsets me the most after watching all these videos is that the passengers did NOTHING but pull out their cell phones and record the whole thing. If at least one person had jumped up and blocked the aisles, yelling at the other passengers to do the same, I am sure whatever small percentage who would have responded would have stopped them from carrying this man off the plane through that narrow aisle, blowing the situation up even more, and letting the airlines know they are not going to get away with this kind of behavior.
    You underestimate how well controlled the sheep is.

As someone stated earlier in the thread, why not offer $10K instead of a lawsuit? If $800.00 was not enough (and I bet it was a voucher, not actual cash), keep raising it by $100.00 every 5 minutes until someone takes the offer.

I will never view travel the same after this. And if this happens on any flight I am on, they will need to run over me also to get that passenger off the plane. Sickening.
    This what it took for you to realize what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    They overbook by design. Usually a no show or 2 means there are no issues.
    This reminds me of how the banks used to issue more receipts for gold than they had in their vaults, figuring there would never be a run on the bank.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    1. vouchers are useless, give the guy cash. $1,000 is fair for the inconvenience.

2. Selecting people randomly to give them the heave-ho does not make them "volunteers".

3. Sending in goons to rough someone up is something the mafia would do, not an Airline.

4. United is lucky he wasn't black.
    Or a military service member.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    This reminds me of how the banks used to issue more receipts for gold than they had in their vaults, figuring there would never be a run on the bank.
    What happened to the First Sale doctrine?

What happened to the First Sale doctrine?
    Didn't take the time to read the 560,000 words "terms of agreement?" $#@! you.

To add...I don't know whether the guy was a doctor or not. But, if you are going to make something up in this situation, the correct response is.... "I'm a lawyer and I specialize in contract law. May I speak with your supervisor?""
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-10-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Didn't take the time to read the 560,000 work "terms of agreement?" $#@! you.

To add...I don't know whether the guy was a doctor or not. But, if you are going to make something up in this situation, the correct response is.... "I'm a lawyer and I specialize in contract law. May I speak with your supervisor?""
    I would appreciate a warning next time you post something like this. I almost killed myself laughing.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast