Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    It was big news for Donald Trump to be running for President because he was a celebrity and he already had a massive fan base. His fanbase would have voted for him regardless and although it wasn't the most of the GOP, it was enough to be the front runner.
    He was a media creation and he is making lots of money for the press now. It was a win win for them. Either they got their ideological president (Hillary) or they got a money maker in trump.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    He was a media creation and he is making lots of money for the press now. It was a win win for them. Either they got their ideological president (Hillary) or they got a money maker in trump.
    So you don't address anything I said and repeat the same argument over again?

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    No other "Russia" questions at the confirmation hearing at all, huh ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    There wouldn't have been, but he volunteered that info.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Jan2017

There was one, and only one, "Russia" question asked of Sen. Sessions that could even be perjured if a material falseness.

It was asked via questionnaire by Sen. Leahy . . .

SEN. PATRICK J. LEAHY:
    "Several of the President-elect's nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?"

SESSIONS: No.

DATE: January 10

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Jan2017

Sessions had no communications with the Russians as a self-acknowledged surrogate - Franken's hypothetical "what if" was never answered.
    Nothing establishes any falseness to that "volunteered" info of the second sentence.
    SEN. AL FRANKEN:
    "If there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this (2016) campaign,
    what would you do?"

SESSIONS: "I'm not aware of any of those activities.
    I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

DATE: January 10

Last edited by Jan2017; 03-03-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Jan2017

If anything Sessions said or answered by questioning under oath committed actual perjury regarding a material fact, then please let us know.

If anything Sessions said or answered by questioning under oath committed actual perjury regarding a material fact, then please let us know.
    I'm sure they will, when their investigations are complete.

Jan2017

I'm sure they will, when their investigations are complete.
    The answer to Leahy's question clarifies the statement volunteered to Franken just fine,
    and has alot of legal weight in interpreting what was volunteered as true and factual.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-03-2017 at 05:54 PM.

The answer to Leahy's question clarifies the statement volunteered to Franken just fine.
    I doubt they will bother with him much further, all they really wanted was a special prosecutor so they could subpoena Trump's tax returns. Sessions handed it to them on a silver platter.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

I doubt they will bother with him much further, all they really wanted was a special prosecutor so they could subpoena Trump's tax returns. Sessions handed it to them on a silver platter.
    A silver platter (?) The media propagating this as a "lie under oath" is to be made into fools again - LOL

A volunteered statement - albeit a non-answer to a live question - admidst all the raucus at the hearing -
    is completely clarified by the only other question under oath on the topic which was presented in a questionnaire.

Good luck with what direction a Special Prosecutor is gonna go.

A silver platter (?) The media propagating this as a "lie under oath" is to be made into fools again - LOL

A volunteered statement - albeit a non-answer to a live question - admidst all the raucus at the hearing -
    is completely clarified by the only other question under oath on the topic which was presented in a questionnaire.

Good luck with what direction a Special Prosecutor is gonna go.
    He recused himself, why would he do that when it opens the door for a special prosecutor?

So you don't address anything I said and repeat the same argument over again?
    because you repeat nothing but same things. I addressed them but you insist. For instance you repeat, the media couldn't ignore trump, he had a wonderful great following. Wrong. His tweets reached a very small number of people but the media made sure EVERYONE heard them. Trump could very well have been limited to his first limited following. I never followed his tweets and still don't but I sure as hell saw every last one of them hundreds of times because of the press.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Jan2017

He recused himself, why would he do that when it opens the door for a special prosecutor?
    Either another mind-boggling "3D chess move" - or rather, one of Mr. Magoo's unplanned journeys where every obstacle and gear falls right into perfect place and position.

A Special Prosecutor - independent and bipartisan and approved by - if not outright selected by - Congress (as was Leon Jaworski - Nixon)
    is just how Hillary goes to jail.

Either another mind-boggling "3D chess move" - or rather, one of Mr. Magoo's unplanned journeys where every obstacle and gear falls right into perfect place and position.

A Special Prosecutor - independent and bipartisan and approved by - if not outright selected by - Congress (as was Leon Jaworski - Nixon)
    is just how Hillary goes to jail.
    The Deputy AG who will pick the prosecutor has a confirmation hearing I think next Tuesday

Trump’s Pick for Deputy Attorney General Just Indicted Seven Baltimore Police Officers for Racketeering

By Leon Neyfakh

Rod Rosenstein, the U.S. attorney for Maryland who is on track to become the deputy attorney general in Donald Trump’s Department of Justice, announced a stunning indictment Wednesday against seven Baltimore police officers. In a press conference, Rosenstein said the police officers were “involved in a pernicious conspiracy scheme” to steal large sums of money out of people’s homes and cars and to receive thousands of dollars in bogus overtime pay.

The racketeering indictment comes less than one week before Rosenstein’s Senate confirmation hearing to become second in command to Jeff Sessions—a cheerleader for law enforcement who has signaled a reluctance to bring troubled police departments under federal oversight because doing so is “almost disrespectful.” (As it happens, the Baltimore Police Department was the subject of a scathing report recently published by the civil rights division of the Obama-era Justice Department, and a consent decree agreement mandating reforms is currently pending in district court.) Though it’s too soon to make predictions about what kind of influence Rosenstein will wield in the Justice Department, Wednesday’s indictment suggests his confirmation would place at least one higher-up in the house of Sessions who would be willing to investigate police misconduct.

The seven officers named in Wednesday’s indictment have been with the Baltimore police for over a decade; prior to their arrest, all of them had been working as part of a specialized unit devoted to getting illegal guns off the street. According to the Baltimore Sun, they had been celebrated in the internal department newsletter for their “relentless pursuit to make [the city’s] streets safer by removing guns and arresting the right people for the right reasons.”

The 45-page indictment, which is sprinkled with colorful dialogue that wouldn’t be out of place in, say, a gritty crime show about Baltimore cops, recounts a series of jaw-dropping stories about shakedowns and carefully plotted deceptions. On May 11, 2016, three of the officers allegedly stole $700 from a man who had been set up to buy drugs from a confidential informant, then filed an arrest report in which they falsely claimed they had seen him holding a gun after pulling him over. Six weeks later, they allegedly entered a man’s house with a SWAT team, then robbed him of $17,000 in cash after the SWAT team left.

Some of the officers involved in the alleged conspiracy have a history of misconduct, according to the Baltimore Sun, including one whose conduct resulted in multiple settled lawsuits and another who was involved in three shootings over the course of two years. The Sun quoted a top public defender in Baltimore as saying that the majority of the indicted arrest officers were known by local defense lawyers to have “significant credibility issues.”

Peter Moskos, a sociologist at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and the author of a book about working as a Baltimore police officer, said that it wouldn’t be surprising if other officers in the department had harbored vague suspicions about the seven individuals arrested Wednesday, but didn’t take the initiative to turn them in. This wouldn’t have been out of loyalty, as conventional wisdom about the “blue wall of silence” holds, but out of self-preservation, Moskos said: “When you sense someone is not on the level, you just stay away… If you know enough to blow the whistle, you’re in too deep. So you put on blinders, you mind your own business, and you don’t get into other people’s mess. “

Rosenstein, who has served as U.S. Attorney since 2005, said the officers stand accused of committing “robberies [while] wearing police uniforms,” and that their alleged conduct “tarnishes the reputation of all police officers." It’s anyone’s guess, at this point, whether Rosenstein’s willingness to prosecute a group of allegedly corrupt police officers means he’ll bring that willingness to his role as deputy attorney general. It’s also not self-evident that disapproving of police officers who commit extortion and fraud necessarily translates to disapproval of the kinds of civil rights violations that Black Lives Matter supporters have in mind when calling for police reform. Perhaps someone will ask Rosenstein about that distinction at next week’s confirmation hearing.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._sessions.html

Jan2017

The Deputy AG who will pick the prosecutor has a confirmation hearing I think next Tuesday
    As I understand, as always it would be the Attorney General that picks a Special Prosecutor. They get confirmed or not by Congress/Senate anyway.

The Deputy AG was appointed while Sessions awaited confirmation after the Obama choice was FIRED 10 days after inauguration for failing to carry out executive immigration orders.

If he is someone with bipartisan liking, he may be on the short list as Special Prosecutor though, but I dunno.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-03-2017 at 07:07 PM.

As I understand, as always it would be the Attorney General that picks a Special Prosecutor. They get confirmed or not by Congress/Senate anyway.
    He would have, had he not recused himself. So it falls to the Deputy AG

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

He would have, had he not recused himself. So it falls to the Deputy AG
    It falls to the Senate to decide if there is a Special Prosecutor needed now, AG Sessions gave that up.
    But you are right in that if the Senate decides one is needed, Sessions won't pick who gets nominated to THAT Senate confirmation.

It is getting Nixon-esque.

Senate has leverage to demand Special Prosecutor to investigate the 2016 campaigns for POTUS but I see all roads lead back to Hillary.

SESSIONS’S RECUSAL GIVES SENATORS POWERFUL LEVERAGE TO DEMAND RUSSIA SPECIAL PROSECUTOR
    There is direct historical precedent for this. In 1973, in the midst of the Watergate scandal, President Nixon nominated Elliot Richardson, then his secretary of defense, to be attorney general. Judiciary Committee members demanded that Richardson commit to appointing a special prosecutor to investigate Nixon. In fact, they went even further: Richardson was pressured to name who specifically he would appoint before the vote was held, and then both Richardson and his choice — one-time Solicitor General Archibald Cox — were questioned by the committee about the degree of independence Cox would have to pursue the investigation.
    There is currently no permanent deputy attorney general, just Acting Attorney General Dana Boente, a former U.S. Attorney who stepped in after Sally Yates, an Obama appointee, was fired. However, Donald Trump’s nominee, U.S. Attorney for Maryland Rod Rosenstein, will undergo confirmation hearings with the Senate Judiciary Committee this month.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/02/...al-prosecutor/

Last edited by Jan2017; 03-03-2017 at 07:38 PM.

because you repeat nothing but same things. I addressed them but you insist. For instance you repeat, the media couldn't ignore trump, he had a wonderful great following. Wrong. His tweets reached a very small number of people but the media made sure EVERYONE heard them. Trump could very well have been limited to his first limited following. I never followed his tweets and still don't but I sure as hell saw every last one of them hundreds of times because of the press.
    He had no fan base before he ran for President. Again, seriously? It couldn't be that he is a great promoter? That he knows how to get attention? It can't be that because you don't read his tweets that you cant be wrong? Seriously?

Obama did not have access to Trump's tax returns? IRS is still a part of the executive branch.

LOL this guy had been going around to all the shows today:

He had no fan base before he ran for President. Again, seriously? It couldn't be that he is a great promoter? That he knows how to get attention? It can't be that because you don't read his tweets that you cant be wrong? Seriously?
    Trump had 2% in the polls all the way up to his announcement. The same as Ron had. He had no organization to get his message out and he spent virtually no money getting his ideas out. He had the news and only the news to get his tweets nationwide. Sure his used them, but they weren't obligated to cover him. They didn't stop even when they figured out it was only helping him. Case closed. Trump would have gone nowhere without them.

"The Patriarch"

Russian Market‏@russian_market 12 min.
    Nancy Pelosi said that she never met with Russian ambassador Kislyak. "Not with this Russian ambassador, no," Pelosi

- Google never forgets. hahaha

Trump had 2% in the polls all the way up to his announcement. The same as Ron had. He had no organization to get his message out and he spent virtually no money getting his ideas out. He had the news and only the news to get his tweets nationwide. Sure his used them, but they weren't obligated to cover him. They didn't stop even when they figured out it was only helping him. Case closd. Trump would have gone nowhere without them.
    All right but they still didn't want him to win the Presidency. It was obvious on election night. According to wikileaks they thought he would lose to Hillary and that is why Hillary wanted him to be the nominee.
    Last edited by dude58677; 03-04-2017 at 09:46 AM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast