Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Gunman opens fire on GOP congressional baseball team practice session

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Hmm...there seems to be an effort to keep this news out of the light.
    Can someone summarize for those of us unable to watch YouTube at work?
    No - No - No - No

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Rep. Steve Scalise made a commercial to crack down on human trafficking and making sure that they be brought to justice.

Trump and Sessions has been going after these people since day one.

Sex Trafficking Arrests Soar Under Trump; MSM Completely Ignores
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/14176/...m-joseph-curl#

President Trump Signs A Historic Executive Order Declaring All Out War On Human Trafficking, Why Is The Media Silent?
    http://qpolitical.com/president-trum...-media-silent/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    He posted a video saying that human trafficking is bad, videotheorist says this is why he was targeted.

Anyone know how the gunman died while in custody?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Is that what happened? I've been trying to figure out details on how it ended.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Is that what happened? I've been trying to figure out details on how it ended.
    I don't know either, that's why I asked. All I know is the initial reports said the shooter was in custody, then all of a sudden he got dead somehow.

I'm gonna take a wild guess- he was shot.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Wasn't the gunman shot? I think he died of his wounds.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    That's what I'd heard.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    As is oft quipped, in politics there is no such thing as coincidence.
    THe people who watch video never fact check anything. Youtube is just an extension of the boobtube.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    He posted a video saying that human trafficking is bad, videotheorist says this is why he was targeted.
    Human trafficking = boogity boogity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Saves keeping him drugged through a trial.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

In one of the articles it mentioned him being med evac/ air lifted to a hospital. At that point he would have been considered alive and in custody. Due to wounds he may have died in route or upon arrival.

Do they keep boxes of those buttons in a closet just waiting for some major event to happen? It's weird.

There Will be More

https://ericpetersautos.com/2017/06/...ikely-be-more/

By eric - June 15, 2017

Violence is, unfortunately, fungible.

As this society becomes more and more officially violent, it is probable that unofficial violence will also increase. In fact, it is almost a mathematical axiom. It is also one not comprehended by those most responsible for initiating the process.

Police and politicians seem baffled by the growing disenchantment with their class. They seem to expect people to behave toward them with respect and deference no matter what they do – by dint of the fact that what they do is Official and Legal.

Why are politicians – left and right – increasingly despised by reasonable people? Could it have anything to do with the fact that they will not leave people alone? That all they do – at great expense (to us) and with great pomposity – is decree how we will be allowed to live, what we must do and what we may not do? Most of these things being precisely none of their business to so order?

But they believe that it – that everything – is their business, which endows them with an effrontery so great they’ve lost all of the normal restraints that bind ordinary people. We have arrived at a point in our history that absolutely nothing is off the table, beyond the grasping control of these professional grifters – which is what they are. These are not people who earn an honest living by free exchange of value for value, as most of the rest of us do. These are people who take vast sums of money and then dispose of vast sums of money – none of it theirs by right.

They do so with an entitled insolence that is insufferable to those from whom the funds are mulcted. The worst part of it being that the mulcted are rendered legally defenseless against these outrages. A law is passed, an order given – and they must “stand and deliver,” as the old saying goes.

If one had a neighbor who behaved this way, one would bar the neighbor from one’s property and – if there was no alternative – defend oneself against such a violent busybody.

But what defense is there against the political class?

The Vote?

That is like trying to plug a leaky roof with sheets of copy paper. At best, the rivulets will temporarily lessen. The rain won’t let up.

Instead of protecting our rights, politicians spend their time gutting them, turning them into conditional privileges at best – to be further conditioned (or rescinded) at their pleasure. Nothing of ours is safe. Not our money, not our property, not our freedom to act and live as we see fit. There is no line over which these professional disposers of other people’s lives and property and liberties will not step as they are held back neither by ordinary human decency or legal restriction.

They have become a ruling caste, as entitled and arrogant as their feudal analogs.

The glib violence which inheres in their every act and statement has become so much a given that they hardly notice it anymore. When a new “plan” or other such is presented, the fact that what is being suggested involves more compulsion and violence, that people will have no choice, is never even mentioned. The discussion is increasingly centered only on the supposed merits of the “plan” – and alternatives to the “plan.” That is to say, other “plans.”

Resentment grows.

The average honest wage-earner in the productive economy now “owes” his Lord(s) more than a Medieval serf owed his Lord. The typical tax exaction – when one includes the income tax, the Social Security taxes (15 percent off the top for the self-employed), the taxes on their property and so on – approaches half of every dollar they earn. The burden has become so extreme that most people must now earn two incomes to support one family and work until they are too old to continue working. The oasis of financial security recedes ever farther into the distance, never to be reached.

The productive class would like to be left alone – would like for the mulcting to cease.

Meanwhile, the client class (their ranks swelling with Millennial Marxists) demands ever-more-mulcting for their unearned benefit, which the politicians are happy to oblige as they receive payment for their services in the form of ever-increasing power.

(And it is from here that the most heated rhetoric is coming from. The shooter in VA didn't do this to preserve freedom or beat back tyranny. He did it because he was angry there was not enough tyranny, he demanded more government, more taxes, more intrusion into our lives by government and more confiscation of people's wealth. And there are millions more just like him in this country and billions more around the world. If we, we meaning the loosely defined "liberty movement" do not seriously address this, through secession and separation, we will be overwhelmed and sunk by sheer numbers alone. - AF)

Social resentment swells.

As it does, more overt violence becomes necessary to keep the pressure cooker’s lid clamped in place.

Enter the Praetorians. Or what is styled law enforcement.

It is no accident that this term – which is brutally honest – has become the preferred one. Nor that these enforcers of the law wax brutal. Behave toward the citizenry as occupying soldiers, barking orders and expecting – demanding – immediate submission.

Resentment of this bullying is also increasing.

Which has the effect of justifying a kind of doubling-down by the enforcers – whose mental state is becoming exactly like that of an occupying army dealing with threatening partisans. A soldier of the Werhmacht and veteran of the drang nach Osten would understand completely the fearful bleat of “officer safety” eructed by the enforcers of the law.

More distrust. Dislike morphing into hatred, barely suppressed. On both sides.

It is none of it good.

And it is going to get worse.

Because violence is fungible.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-15-2017 at 12:47 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's been pretty much proven that the Giffords shooting was not political. Loughner left piles of journals full of his thoughts.

Last edited by angelatc; 06-15-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    It's been pretty much proven that the Giffords shooting was not political. Loughner left piles of journals full of his thoughts.

They don't care, the truth is anathema to them unless a edited version of it suits their agenda.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes... he does look like the actor. Back of the mind, I knew James Hodgkinson
    wasn't easy to peg, but seemed not too unusual or atypical given his age group.
    Last edited by Aratus; 06-15-2017 at 10:22 PM. Reason: EXPECT MUCH STRICTER GUN CONTROL LAWS EVEN IF CONCEALED CARRY IS TOLERATED.

He had a rifle and a handgun, he fired off 50 to 60 bullets...

The two Capitol Police were brave, each had a handgun.
    Rand Paul is correct, they prevented a massacre, instead
    we have "death by cop" as an intent if summing things up.
    There is now public pressure for each state to now have gun
    control laws as strict as those in Massachusetts, where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    If the guy took 40 shots and only hit one person he must have been trying to make some kind of statement (like, hey, I'm crazy so you need to make guns illegal...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Possibly.

I've seen cops, supposedly "trained professionals", do the same thing however.

My guess is the shooter was a noob...sends a magazine downrange from the hip or "gangster style" and expected everybody to drop dead, like the movies.

Then got shot while trying to load a fresh magazine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    You can expect a new push for gun control after this...
    Most curiously enuff, Congress is much more cautiously unified. After Attorney Gen'l Jeff Sessions
    dodged those questions, I expected the Democrats to push for a 5 to 10 article Bill of Impeachment.
    hyperbole is almost being put under the same category as Hate speech, life is now harder for fringe
    group agitators and instigators. D.C stepping back from the obvious hands DJT leeway, an' political
    wiggle room. One long hot summer looms, like that of '68 or 73, but our POTUS is not like Nixon!!!
    Last edited by Aratus; 06-15-2017 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Expect tighter gun control laws for automatic weapons...

Scalise still critical, 'has improved in the last 24 hours'

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politics/steve-scalise-shooting-surgery-update/index.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    The two Capitol Police were brave, each had a handgun.
    Rand Paul is correct, they prevented a massacre, instead
    we have "death by cop" as an intent if summing things up.
    There is now public pressure for each state to now have gun
    control laws as strict as those in Massachusetts, where I live.
    I haven't followed this outside of this thread, but if true that 2 coppers with service revolvers faced off against him... armed as he was, yeah, that's bravery.

I'd buy em a beer if I could. Of course they would probably arrest me for some unheard of felony an hour later... but anyhoo, nice work on this one coppers.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

#HuntRepublicans: Dem Strategist Calls For Civil War

A New Jersey Democrat operative is calling for the murder of conservatives and “rich people” by using the hashtags #HuntRepublicans and #HuntRepublicanCongressmen on social media.
    More at: https://www.infowars.com/hunt-republ...for-civil-war/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    #HuntRepublicans: Dem Strategist Calls For Civil War

A New Jersey Democrat operative is calling for the murder of conservatives and “rich people” by using the hashtags #HuntRepublicans and #HuntRepublicanCongressmen on social media.
    More at: https://www.infowars.com/hunt-republ...for-civil-war/
    Don't sweat it.
    The police are required by law to protect everyone, and government has never been more accountable.

I've come to expect great value from union workers with a guaranteed paycheck -as long they follow orders and don't rock the boat. "Services" you can't opt out of paying for, always provide the best value for preventing massacres.

/s
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Scalise doctor hopes for 'excellent recovery'

In his first public comments since the shooting, Dr. Jack Sava of MedStar Washington Hospital Center said it's a "good possibility" that the Louisiana Republican will be able to return to work in his full capacity.
    Sava declined to put a timeline on when that would happen or when Scalise, 51, would be able to leave the hospital. The doctor described how a bullet from an assault rifle entered Scalise's hip and traversed his pelvis, shattering blood vessels, bones and internal organs along the way.
    For now, Scalise remains in critical condition in the hospital's intensive care unit.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/scalise-m...-politics.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast