Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Billionaire Bull Novogratz: Big Money is Coming to Bitcoin, Real Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddafi Duck View Post
    What's hilarious is the Bitcoin enthusiasts ignore the fact that Bitcoin cannot be used in everyday transactions efficiently. It's far too expensive with the transaction costs.

So if I cannot use a digital currency as a currency, what's the point of it? 10+ minute transaction times? Yikes!

The "Big Money" is already in Bitcoin and has run it up. The "ICO" bubble is driving the demand for Bitcoin because ICOs require Bitcoins/Ethereum. So when the ICO bubble bursts, there goes the demand for Bitcoin. Because people are buying Bitcoin because it's going up---not because they can use it in everyday transactions. The fees are too high. The transaction time is too long. Customers go crazy waiting 5 seconds with pin-chip validation at a cash register. Bitcoin can't deliver that.
    You don't trust Bitcoin Core dev to come up with a solution? There are scores of eager dev thinking about how to destroy fiat.

You keep repeating stuff without doing some proper research like those grey haired idiots on Bloomberg or CNN.

Start using crypto. It does work. BTC is gold. You can use other chains for coffee buys.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    You don't trust Bitcoin Core dev to come up with a solution? There are scores of eager dev thinking about how to destroy fiat.

You keep repeating stuff without doing some proper research like those grey haired idiots on Bloomberg or CNN.

Start using crypto. It does work. BTC is gold. You can use other chains for coffee buys.
    No, I don't allocate $8000 for one Bitcoin with the "hope" of "trusting" in investments.

What research do you advocate? Looks like transactions fees are obnoxiously high for something supposedly the death knell to megabanks, and the time takes an HOUR for a transaction? No thanks--my coffee will be cold by the time I get it.

BTC isn't gold. Digital houses aren't houses. Bitcoin is a social network. MySpace was huge and now it's a relic no one pays attention to. Bitcoin will follow suit. But it's shocking you're admitting the fundamental reason to use Bitcoin (currency) can be something for "other digitals to handle". Uhhmmm...so why the hell own Bitcoin? If it's a digital currency not used as a currency, then it literally has no purpose and you're relying on the "greater fool theory" and it appears plenty of those are buying into Bitcoin at the moment.

Best of luck, but the value of Bitcoin is in the blockchain, which is open-source technology being replicated elsewhere. So, there's literally no reason to own Bitcoin other than, "It's going up/the network prevalence." In other words, wait till it's MySpace'd.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    With a green address - a new address for receiving bitcoin that's never been used before - you can get immediate purchases without a problem. This isn't new, it's been like this for a few years now. When I buy goods online it is just as fast as using paypal.

Side chains and lightning will lower transaction costs as that tech is established.
    So I need new green addresses for every transaction.

What a gigantic pain the ass. Best of luck getting the masses to adopt this as their eyes glaze over. People aren't even adopting Apple Pay. If the marketing of Apple is struggling with this, Bitcoin is a lost cause. It's amazing because talking to people who are Bitcoinists, even they don't understand Bitcoin. They use it, but they insist it's "anonymous" and a "currency".

But like I said, have fun with it. $8000 for something that's pitched as a "currency" but that no one uses as a currency. It's all ICO driven. Watch as that bubble bursts, Bitcoin follows. Bitcoin isn't driving the ICO bubble---the ICO bubble is driving Bitcoin. One would think with Federal Reserve inflation, a phenomenon like Bitcoin should be obvious. Like I said, utilities at 50x earnings, Amazon at 200+ earnings...$8000 for digital code with hopes it goes to $20,000...the type of stupidity that occurs in bubbles.
    Last edited by Gaddafi Duck; 11-21-2017 at 09:10 PM.

What a gigantic pain the ass. Best of luck getting the masses to adopt this.
    Do you know anything about how computers work? Do you know anything about computer programming? Because you are talking like you have no idea how a computer works, or can be programmed..

You are acting like "you" have to do something, when all that needs to be done is writing code.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Do you know anything about how computers work? Do you know anything about computer programming? Because you are talking like you have no idea how a computer works, or can be programmed..

You are acting like "you" have to do something, when all that needs to be done is writing code.
    You can tell I'm educated
    I studied at the Sorbonne
    Doctored in mathematics
    I could have been a don
    I can program a computer
    choose the perfect time
    If you've got the inclination
    I have got the crime

What a gigantic pain the ass.
    Oh. My. God. You have no idea what a pain it is. I spent 4 hours waiting in line at the Post Office the other day to get a new green address registered and it still didn't work for my Bitcoin transaction. I must be doing this all wrong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12