Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeSantis SuperPAC Attacks Trump's anti-gun record:

Thumbs up DeSantis SuperPAC Attacks Trump's anti-gun record:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1msy12LrdE

(please note that DeSantis does not appear to have taken a position on repealing Florida's red flag laws)
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I remember that. One of the reasons I say he wouldn't know or understand the Constitution if it hit him up side of the head.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Maybe they should thank him for the SCOTUS justices that gave us Bruen.
    Maybe they should disclose DS's record of supporting and expanding red flags laws etc.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe they should disclose DS's record of supporting and expanding red flags laws etc.
    Where has DeSantis expanded or supported red flag gun confiscation laws? Please cite your source.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Where has DeSantis expanded or supported red flag gun confiscation laws? Please cite your source.
    DeSantis hopes red flag laws will help thwart future shootings

But the solution, DeSantis says, isn't to have the government policing speech.
    "Typically, the government isn't policing or holding people accountable just for speech," he said. "It requires incitement, or to be a threat."
    If there is a threat, there are options. Florida's so-called red flag laws allow law enforcement to take away a person's guns temporarily if they determine a person is an immediate threat.
    Many, including the governor, are behind it.
    "I just want us to be responsive to that. The vast majorities of these instances have had red flags," he said. "The Marjory Stoneman Douglas report made that clear. So I think we need to identify that and do something about it."
    Last week, Florida launched a threat assessment portal for schools and law enforcement to share information, which will be confidential. A statewide app called Fortify Florida allows anyone to report suspicious activity anonymously.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/desan...ture-shootings

That's not the only hole in his 2A credentials either.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Um, no. Trump may be a lot of things, but "gun-grabber" is not one of them. Trump spoke at the NRA 2 days after Uvalde... that took some major, swinging brass cojones, and he did it. That's not the action of someone who's secretly plotting to take away our guns.

As for things that Trump says around "the negotiating table", I think it should be pretty obvious to anyone with two brain-cells that Trump will say anything to seal The Deal. He literally wrote a book about it. I don't think Trump cares what he has to say to get the DC Swamp to go along, so long as he gets what he wants.

People trying to paint Trump out as a secret DS operative always bring up the bump-stock ban ... but, seriously, what good is a bump-stock for? It's a useless toy whose sole purpose for existing is "semi-auto go BRRR" ... I agree that the Federal gov't has zero authority to ban it, but they have zero authority to do 99.999% of everything they're doing, so if Trump throws the opposition a bone to get a much more important concession, that's a win. Like or not, that is how politics actually works and I will take a competent executive who accomplishes actual changes in the positive direction over a pure idealist who is nullified by Swamp tactics. Trump did not accomplish all the things he stated he wanted to accomplish, and that was precisely because of all the Swamp nullification tactics... in other words, whatever he got done was done in spite of a hurricane of continual opposition on all fronts. And recall that he got THREE SC justices onto the bench (much easier said than done!) and the subsequent court overturned RvW, which no one even thought was possible. The point of all of these side-issues is that it doesn't make sense to demerit Trump for allowing the psycho left to ban a truly useless firearms device since he was able to leverage this and other concessions into accomplishing other, much more important issues. And unlike the fake neoCONs which have always topped the R Presidential ticket throughout my entire adult lifetime, Trump did not start any new wars and he accomplished actually good things, while making truly minor concessions to the psycho left. Despite his flaws, compared to every other President in my lifetime, Trump was a resounding success. Does that equal automatic re-election? No, of course not. But he has really put his money where his mouth is, pun-intended, and he's the only one I can see out there who has actually done that.

I've not been pro-Trump since he declared his first candidacy... but I'm getting closer and closer every day, and all the evidence continues to be that Trump really is standing up to the DC Swamp, and they've gone on an absolute witch-hunt against him to take him down. They don't do real witch-hunts against their own. That's reserved only for real enemies.
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 04-15-2023 at 11:40 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    People trying to paint Trump out as a secret DS operative always bring up the bump-stock ban ... but, seriously, what good is a bump-stock for? It's a useless toy whose sole purpose for existing is "semi-auto go BRRR" ... I agree that the Federal gov't has zero authority to ban it, but they have zero authority to do 99.999% of everything they're doing, so if Trump throws the opposition a bone to get a much more important concession, that's a win.
    Moving in the wrong direction is not a win. Trump is weak on the right to keep and bear arms. He needs to be coming out demanding a repeal of the NFA and abolishing the ATF. Anything short of that is unacceptable.

The strategy your advocating will just lead to more gun control.

DeSantis hopes red flag laws will help thwart future shootings

"Typically, the government isn't policing or holding people accountable just for speech," he said. "It requires incitement, or to be a threat."
    If there is a threat, there are options. Florida's so-called red flag laws allow law enforcement to take away a person's guns temporarily if they determine a person is an immediate threat.
    "I just want us to be responsive to that. The vast majorities of these instances have had red flags," he said. "The Marjory Stoneman Douglas report made that clear. So I think we need to identify that and do something about it."
    Last week, Florida launched a threat assessment portal for schools and law enforcement to share information, which will be confidential. A statewide app called Fortify Florida allows anyone to report suspicious activity anonymously.

That's not the only hole in his 2A credentials either.
    Thanks for posting that, but I think the headline is a bit misleading. Nowhere in the article does DeSantis actually state his position on the red flag laws, either keeping them or repealing them in FL. Is there a direct quote from him somewhere?

I'm interested so if you know of something more solid than that, please by all means, share.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Moving in the wrong direction is not a win. Trump is weak on the right to keep and bear arms. He needs to be coming out demanding a repeal of the NFA and abolishing the ATF. Anything short of that is unacceptable.

The strategy your advocating will just lead to more gun control.
    This is boilerplate "single-issue voter" logic and it's part of how the Deep State has been slicing and dicing opposition to its power for many decades. It is divide et impera. An effective ruler needs to choose which hills are worth dying on, and which are not. Bump-stocks are certainly not a hill worth dying on. 2A protection, broadly, is a hill worth dying on and guess what we have a SCOTUS which is pro-2A, in part thanks to Trump. See how that works? Don't go to war over sub-issues that are not important, and stand your ground on bigger issues with broader significance. That's call good strategy.

But if you want to single-issue Trump over bump-stocks, that's your choice...

Thumbs down

This is boilerplate "single-issue voter" logic and it's part of how the Deep State has been slicing and dicing opposition to its power for many decades. It is divide et impera.
    No it's called having integrity and not supporting people who are squishy on our fundamental rights.

And Trump did more than just ban bumpstocks, he openly supports red flag gun confiscation laws which is directly contrary to the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments. That's exceptionally dangerous.

2A protection, broadly, is a hill worth dying on and guess what we have a SCOTUS which is pro-2A, in part thanks to Trump. See how that works? Don't go to war over sub-issues that are not important, and stand your ground on bigger issues with broader significance. That's call good strategy.
    Yes, I have honestly been impressed with Trump's effect on SCOTUS, and that is one of the things he did right (although he should not have appointed deep state Clinton friendly Kavanaugh, that was a bad choice).

But banning bump stocks and supporting red flag gun confiscation laws is anti-2A. There is no other way to put it. Trump is bad on guns.

People who are serious about their rights do not support politicians who are squishy on their rights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1msy12LrdE

(please note that DeSantis does not appear to have taken a position on repealing Florida's red flag laws)
    Wow! Powerful ad. Look at how giddy Diane Feinstein looks when Trump talks about adding her assault weapons ban to the bill.

Maybe they should thank him for the SCOTUS justices that gave us Bruen.
    Yep. Desantis expressed support for the red flag law that was passed before he took office. Note Trumps words though where he said he was in favor of taking the guns first and then going to court! What Trump proposed is worse than what Florida passed because the Florida statue requires a hearing before the guns can be taken.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Thanks for posting that, but I think the headline is a bit misleading. Nowhere in the article does DeSantis actually state his position on the red flag laws, either keeping them or repealing them in FL. Is there a direct quote from him somewhere?

I'm interested so if you know of something more solid than that, please by all means, share.
    That right there.

And he signed the expansion and refused to get rid of it:

DeSantis Denies Request to End Student "Red Flag" Database

Gov. Ron DeSantis has denied a request by a coalition of more than 30 groups to shut down a state database designed to track warning signs in students that might lead to another school shooting.

The "Florida Schools Safety Portal" is a database designed to track students' mental health records to social media posts — things that might indicate a school shooting could be in the making.
    But a coalition of 33 groups, including the American Civil Liberties Union, Mental Health America, and the League of Women Voters, are calling it an overreach. The groups have asked Gov. Ron DeSantis to immediately end the database, warning it "could be used to stigmatize and blame children who have been victims of bullying or whose only 'risk' factor is their disability."
    "We have become very hyper-aware in our state, especially of these types of issues regarding our students because of what happened at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. But we have to be very careful not to overreact. We have to be very careful not to invade the privacy of our students," said Patricia Brigham, the president of the Florida League of Women Voters.
    State lawmakers created it as a tool to prevent another Parkland shooting.
    But DeSantis says it's being mischaracterized. In a statement, his office said the database is "a tool for threat assessment teams to evaluate the seriousness of individual cases and is not being used to label students as potential threats."
    The governor has denied the request to block the database, saying it's essential for following up on threats that could put Florida's schools at risk, and that it won't be used to spy on students who don't pose a threat.
    Critics say time will tell if what kids do online won't lead to discrimination.
    The coalition is also concerned about the database sparking a "chilling effect" on free speech by pressuring students to watch what they say in cyberspace.

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...ase-in-schools

He certainly hasn't tried to repeal the Red Flag law which does a lot more than just red flags:

I was surprised when Gov. Rick Scott signed a gun control bill. Obviously, the Parkland children shamed him into it.
    It requires a three-day wait period before any gun purchase. It restricts guns to those 21 and over. It arms school personnel (voluntary). It permits law enforcement to seize weapons from deranged people, stalkers and wife-beaters. It prohibits sale of bump stocks. It stops the mentally ill from having guns. And it expands mental health services in schools.
    https://www.jacksonville.com/story/o...ws/7106075007/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Wow! Powerful ad. Look at how giddy Diane Feinstein looks when Trump talks about adding her assault weapons ban to the bill.

Yep. Desantis expressed support for the red flag law that was passed before he took office. Note Trumps words though where he said he was in favor of taking the guns first and then going to court! What Trump proposed is worse than what Florida passed because the Florida statue requires a hearing before the guns can be taken.
    Trump gave them lip service and never did a thing to support them.
    He gave them a the bumpstock ban and prevented anything else.
    I have never liked the tactic but it worked, they couldn't attack him for what he said and the bumpstock ban took the wind out of their sails.
    The Bumpstock ban has been overturned by one circuit court so there is now a split between the circuits and SCOTUS will be forced to take the case and kill it nationwide.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No it's called having integrity and not supporting people who are squishy on our fundamental rights.

And Trump did more than just ban bumpstocks, he openly supports red flag gun confiscation laws which is directly contrary to the 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendments. That's exceptionally dangerous.

Yes, I have honestly been impressed with Trump's effect on SCOTUS, and that is one of the things he did right (although he should not have appointed deep state Clinton friendly Kavanaugh, that was a bad choice).

But banning bump stocks and supporting red flag gun confiscation laws is anti-2A. There is no other way to put it. Trump is bad on guns.

People who are serious about their rights do not support politicians who are squishy on their rights.
    I don't like it but Trump deflated their movement with what he said and he proved he didn't really mean it by not actually pushing red flag laws and he has since come out against them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I have never liked the tactic but it worked, they couldn't attack him for what he said and the bumpstock ban took the wind out of their sails.
    The Bumpstock ban has been overturned by one circuit court so there is now a split between the circuits and SCOTUS will be forced to take the case and kill it nationwide.
    Trump gave lip service to red flag laws. Desantis gave lip service to red flag laws.

Trump gave lip service to an assault weapons ban before and after being elected president. Desantis never gave lip service to an assault weapons ban.

Trump did a bumpfire stock ban by executive order. Desantis never even gave lip service to a bumpfire stock ban.

By any reasonable comparison Desantis is better on guns than Trump. Period.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I've not been pro-Trump...
    Oh, God. Here comes yet another long-winded, nonsensical paid commercial program for Trump.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh, God. Here comes yet another long-winded, nonsensical paid commercial program for Trump.
    Paid? Yippee! When can I expect the check to arrive...

That right there.

And he signed the expansion and refused to get rid of it:

DeSantis Denies Request to End Student "Red Flag" Database
    That isn't what I'm referring to.... I'm discussing red flag gun confiscation laws, also known as ERPOs - Extreme Risk Protection Orders.

He certainly hasn't tried to repeal the Red Flag law which does a lot more than just red flags:
    Correct, he has made no move to repeal it, which is bad, but that doesn't mean he supports it. The legislature will not repeal it currently which is why he hasn't touched it.

In one of the debates against Adam Putnam he said he would not have signed the red flag law, but didn't go in to specifics.

So it's murky whether he wants to repeal it, which is why we need him on record.

Thumbs down

I don't like it but Trump deflated their movement with what he said and he proved he didn't really mean it by not actually pushing red flag laws and he has since come out against them.
    This is absolutely a losing strategy and completely false.

You don't win by letting your opponent have a victory, even if it is small. The only correct answer is to hold the line, not give an inch on the 2nd Amendment, and fight to expand it back to where it belongs. Anything else is compromise, selling out, and traitorous to the Constitution.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    By any reasonable comparison Desantis is better on guns than Trump. Period.
    Yep, exactly.

Trump's response:

"Nobody has been stronger for the 2nd Amendment than President Donald J. Trump, and yet, Ron DeSanctus took an advertisement this weekend saying, of all things, I was in agreement with Crazy Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, “NOT.”Wow, that’s like Democrat Disinformation! This weekend at the NRA Convention in Indianapolis, I had, by far, the biggest crowd and got, not even close, the most enthusiastic ovations. I was there, in person. DeSanctus didn’t even show up - Was concerned he would be booed!" - Apr 17, 2023, 12:50 PM

SOURCE:
    https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldT...15184550255194

Trump is no friend of the Second.

But Desantis supports Red Coat gun confiscations.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

They can eat other alive for all I care. Both of their records are pathetic and they’ll get no support from me.

Anyway, both are part of the club, and tptb goal is for you to pick one, or the other.
    Last edited by PAF; 05-25-2023 at 12:30 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    But Desantis supports Red Coat gun confiscations.
    Cite your source?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Swordsmyth

April 3, 2023

DeSantis signs bill to carry concealed guns without a permit

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Floridians will be able to carry concealed guns without a permit under a bill Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis signed Monday, giving the governor another legislative victory as he prepares a campaign for president.

The governor signed the bill in a private ceremony in his office. His only immediate public comment was, “Constitutional Carry is in the books,” which he said in a three-paragraph news release.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ermit-98324060
    August 8, 2019

In Florida, the teen behind the Parkland school shooting made disturbing posts on social media, which included gruesome Instagram photos of animals he claimed to have killed.

"Being able to go and trade these ideas in an online community, I think that radicalizes people," DeSantis said.

Don’t think for a second that I support him, or Trump. I am NOT a single issue voter approver.

BOTH of their records stink, other than a couple of bones here and there, for political expediency.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    "Yer a bigger gun-grabber than I am!"

"Nuh-uh!"

"Uh-huh!"

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/sta...51063232675841
    //
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

There are no declared pres candidates I know of who are as strong as they should be on 2nd amendment. There is no Massie, there is no oyarde. Basically all are suspect.
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-26-2023 at 06:46 AM.
    Do something Danke

Cite your source?
    The worst part about Florida's Red Coat gun confiscations, besides the fact that they lead the country, is that the "law" was passed by a GOP controlled state government.

So, when Desantis was elected, the plebs were hoping that the new Governor would put a stop to the tens of thousands of gun confiscations.

DeSantis hopes red flag laws will help thwart future shootings.

Last edited by unknown; 05-26-2023 at 05:33 AM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    The worst part about Florida's Red Coat gun confiscations, besides the fact that they lead the country, is that the "law" was passed by a GOP controlled state government.

So, when Desantis was elected, the plebs were hoping that the new Governor would put a stop to the tens of thousands of gun confiscations.

DeSantis hopes red flag laws will help thwart future shootings.
    Yeah I've seen that one before, and it's not exactly a strong statement for red flags.... wishy washy.... someone needs to directly ask him if he would be willing to repeal the red flag gun confiscation laws in FL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast