Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Massie endorses DeSantis for President

Massie endorses DeSantis for President

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Massie needs to just back the bus up and put the parking break on.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

DeSantis it is!

Massie is the best in Congress

Surprised I didn’t see this:

Massie follows Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) in endorsing DeSantis ahead of his widely expected 2024 campaign announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Massie needs to just back the bus up and put the parking break on.
    Too late.
    "The Patriarch"

In my humble opinion, I don't think this was a good move on Thomas' part. I don't think it does him any good to get in the middle of this. Then again I always advise elected officials never to endorse anyone else, because almost no good comes from it.

As far as the issue at hand, DeSantis would be a better President than Trump, no doubt. But I have some problems with him, specifically his tax hikes and impotence on the gun issue. He's better than Trump was on the right to keep and bear arms though, for sure.

Also, after what Trump did to Thomas, this was also kind of the bill coming due. Not to mention Ron and Thomas have been friends.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Also, after what Trump did to Thomas, this was also kind of the bill coming due. Not to mention Ron and Thomas have been friends.
    Yep. Never forget who the hero was and who it was that tried to take down that hero.

But I agree that this seems extra early. I mean, DeSantis hasn't even officially announced yet. That being said, Thomas has proven that he usually knows what he's doing.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Well, that's one way to announce that there's no way in hell he's running, and make it stick.

And yes. Trump calling Massie and telling him to sit down and shut up while Pelosi ditched the Constitution was reason enough to endorse his chief rival, do it early, and do it often.
    We believe our lying eyes...

The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In my humble opinion, I don't think this was a good move on Thomas' part. I don't think it does him any good to get in the middle of this. Then again I always advise elected officials never to endorse anyone else, because almost no good comes from it.

As far as the issue at hand, DeSantis would be a better President than Trump, no doubt. But I have some problems with him, specifically his tax hikes and impotence on the gun issue. He's better than Trump was on the right to keep and bear arms though, for sure.

+rep. Yep. You nailed it. I think DeSantis has gone too far on banning "woke" history. A Florida school banned the screening of Ruby Bridges for crying out loud. (Glad for some of the other bans though). But DeSantis is better than Trump. And Trump did back stab Massie when Massie was standing up for the Constitution and the American people against reckless spending in the name of COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yep. Never forget who the hero was and who it was that tried to take down that hero.

But I agree that this seems extra early. I mean, DeSantis hasn't even officially announced yet. That being said, Thomas has proven that he usually knows what he's doing.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptUSA again.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Well, that's one way to announce that there's no way in hell he's running, and make it stick.
    Did anybody think Massie was thinking about running for president? I mean I think he'd make a great president but I'd like to see him take Mitch McConnell's senate seat first.

And yes. Trump calling Massie and telling him to sit down and shut up while Pelosi ditched the Constitution was reason enough to endorse his chief rival, do it early, and do it often.
    Yep. Trump chose Pelosi over Massie. Total tool.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Massie & Chip Roy are the sharpest most competent conservative representatives in the House

No accident that they are leaders endorsing Ron D

Trump is a bad joke

Trump was a mixed bag. He did a lot of great things. But he also raised taxes and pissed on the 2nd and 4th, and 5th Amendments.

I guess it can't hurt after the way Massie was treated by Trump. We don't even know for sure if DeSantis is running yet. I think DeSantis may be playing it safe and seeing what happens to Trump first.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I guess it can't hurt after the way Massie was treated by Trump. We don't even know for sure if DeSantis is running yet. I think DeSantis may be playing it safe and seeing what happens to Trump first.
    Come on, put it in gear. He’s running & will beat d jt

the two best Congressman are not endorsing a “I don’t know”
    Last edited by vita3; 04-06-2023 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Gotta say that I am disappointed. DeSantis looks to me like a Bush Republican. Dubya was a pretty good governor of Texas, but absolutely stunk as President. That is what I would expect from DeSantis, sadly. Also, isn't it true that he has the backing of the Bush family? I have looked up his voting record while in Congress and it was nothing to write home about. I have posted the link to it relatively recently.

Perhaps I am wrong, but the impression I have right now is that he is neocon-bent.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 04-06-2023 at 01:18 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Gotta say that I am disappointed. DeSantis looks to me like a Bush Republican. Dubya was a pretty good governor of Texas, but absolutely stunk as President. That is what I would expect from DeSantis, sadly. Also, isn't it true that he has the backing of the Bush family? I have looked up his voting record while in Congress and it was nothing to write home about. I have posted the link to it relatively recently.

Perhaps I am wrong, but the impression I have right now is that he is neocon-bent.
    He sure talks a good non-interventionist game. Your concern is mine as well.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gotta say that I am disappointed. DeSantis looks to me like a Bush Republican.
    He's not.

Dubya was a pretty good governor of Texas, but absolutely stunk as President.
    The TX Governor's office is fairly weak and doesn't have a lot of power. Largely ceremonial.

I have looked up his voting record while in Congress and it was nothing to write home about.
    That part is true, and initially during the pandemic he wasn't very good. But he did reverse course in the direction of freedom on that issue and set the standard for other Governors to follow.

Maybe, time will tell. But he has come out against US intervention in Ukraine.

DeSantis is a neocon...

Trump is way better on the most important issue.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

“Maybe, time will tell. But he has come out against US intervention in Ukraine.”

& is on record to be against Syrian intervention when war-hawks were trying to take us 100%

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    “Maybe, time will tell. But he has come out against US intervention in Ukraine.”

& is on record to be against Syrian intervention when war-hawks were trying to take us 100%
    I'm tired of "maybes" on foreign policy.. Obama was a maybe. DeSantis' funding sources and voting record in congress are absolutely atrocious.

Trump is at least a known. Not perfect, but FAR better than Obama/Bush/Biden.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That said, if Massie's goal is to get Trump to lean more libertarian, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm tired of "maybes" on foreign policy.. Obama was a maybe. DeSantis' funding sources and voting record in congress are absolutely atrocious.

Trump is at least a known. Not perfect, but FAR better than Obama/Bush/Biden.
    Trump's track record on foreign policy prior to being elected was NO better than Desantis'. Trump supported the Iraq war before he was against it. He supported the overthrow of Gaddafi. He supported scrapping the Iran nuclear deal (and he followed through on that garbage). Yes started tossing out some non-interventionist language before the primaries. Desantis has done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Trump's track record on foreign policy prior to being elected was NO better than Desantis'. Trump supported the Iraq war before he was against it. He supported the overthrow of Gaddafi. He supported scrapping the Iran nuclear deal (and he followed through on that garbage). Yes started tossing out some non-interventionist language before the primaries. Desantis has done the same.
    Trump was President. I saw his foreign policy, I don't have to guess. It was far from perfect, but if Ron Paul is in the endzone, Trump is on the 20 yardline, Obama/Bush are in the opposite endzone and DeSantis is probably somewhere between.. but I have no idea if DeSantis is on the 21 yard line or the 1 yard line on the opposite end of the field. Hard to judge from rhetoric, especially with a sketchy track record and broad financial support from neocons.

Trump was President. I saw his foreign policy, I don't have to guess. It was far from perfect, but if Ron Paul is in the endzone, Trump is on the 20 yardline, Obama/Bush are in the opposite endzone and DeSantis is probably somewhere between.. but I have no idea if DeSantis is on the 21 yard line or the 1 yard line on the opposite end of the field. Hard to judge from rhetoric, especially with a sketchy track record and broad financial support from neocons.
    Trump had an election stolen from him while he was in charge of the government. How the hell is he supposed to not have another one stolen from him when he's not in charge? Or is the idea to force them to steal another one and hope they make more mistakes this time? Really trying to figure out what people are trying to accomplish here.

DeSantis?? I don't know. He's a mixed bag from what I can tell. But Massie's endorsing him. That tells me something. Massie's influence in this Congress is extremely high. He played the McCarthy Speaker battle well. Having a Republican-led Congress with a President that Massie can work with sounds pretty appealing to me. The alternative sounds like more of the same.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

DeSantis is a neocon...

Trump is way better on the most important issue.
    That is always a concern. Unfortunately, saw a bit of The View one day, and Bush neocon Anna Navarro was attacking DeSantis. If Lindsey Graham attacks DeSantis, I’ll start to believe that DeSantis is definitely not a neocon.

My take is that DeSantis was in the military, which always leads to suspicions about being a MIC operative. If anything, DeSantis may be a Teocon. More like Ted Cruz than Lindsey Graham.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Trump was President. I saw his foreign policy, I don't have to guess.
    Yeah....but you took a chance on him anyway. We don't have to guess about Trump being willing to turn the country over to a scientific dictatorship run by Fauci.

It was far from perfect, but if Ron Paul is in the endzone, Trump is on the 20 yardline, Obama/Bush are in the opposite endzone and DeSantis is probably somewhere between.. but I have no idea if DeSantis is on the 21 yard line or the 1 yard line on the opposite end of the field. Hard to judge from rhetoric, especially with a sketchy track record and broad financial support from neocons.
    Desantis has a congressional record. Look what I found? The OPPOSITE of necon!

https://www.wokv.com/news/local/rep-...hpQSVrw8utwjI/

Rep. DeSantis explains opposition to military strike in Syria

By Rich Jones
    September 05, 2013 at 8:55 am EDT

+Caption
    (Linda Bainter)
    Northeast Florida Congressman Ron DeSantis says he plans to vote against the resolution authorizing military force in Syria.

Rich Jones spoke with Representative DeSantis Thursday on Jacksonville's Morning News. DeSantis said the showdown over Syria is the most one-sided issue he has seen in his time in Washington. Listen to the entire interview here.

Here is the entire statement from Representative DeSantis:

“I do not support authorizing President Obama to use military force in the Syrian civil war at this time. The Obama administration has not articulated a clear objective for using military force in Syria, much less a plan to achieve that objective. This is all the more problematic given the realities of a Syrian civil war in which Assad’s dictatorship (supported by Iran and Hezbollah) is fighting so-called rebels that are populated with Sunni Islamic supremacists and Al Qaeda fighters.

In other words, the United States does not have an interest in assisting either side of the conflict or in refereeing a civil war amongst these warring anti-American factions. Moreover, there is a danger that an ill-planned or half-hearted American attack could make it easier for terrorist groups to obtain the very type of chemical weapons that Al Qaeda and other groups have long sought to use against America.”

Desantis is not a neocon.

https://www.wokv.com/news/local/rep-...hpQSVrw8utwjI/

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Come on, put it in gear. He’s running & will beat d jt

the two best Congressman are not endorsing a “I don’t know”
    I like DeSantis. I just don't want to him get dragged through the mud and into the gutter with Trump. If DeSantis sat this one out because of Trump, he would breeze through the next primary and easily be the nominee. If I was him I would be waiting to see if Trump gets knocked out of the race first.

Massie shouldn't be endorsing someone that is clearly nothing more than a fall guy.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That is rather disappointing to realize. Massie for Speaker then?
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast