Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #THOTAudit

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Why hate of the underground economy?
    Statist conservatives are surprisingly common. You'd think they'd be too conflicted to survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    IMO, still not cool. Wasting a good opportunity to point out their hypocrisy and get them thinking.

Besides, I have my own beliefs and moral code and snitching on someone would go against them. It's like selling yourself out. I don't get it. You become what you hate.
    Some people don't learn from debate and logic, the only way they learn is to reap the consequences of the tyranny they want to subject others to.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How does that jive with your faith? I've noticed you like to quote the Bible a lot.

Matthew 7:12
    If I was a leftist that imposed big government on others I would deserve to have them set that same big government on me.

And don't even get me started on what The Bible says about taking revenge on people.
    I'm not talking about revenge, I'm talking about self defense, I had a neighbor who constantly reported my family to the county for various unjust complaints until they had an unauthorized brush bonfire during fire season that got away from them and started to spread to our field, after we called the Kops on them they stopped using the county to harass us.

The same thing applies to higher levels of government, a conservative isn't a liberal who has been mugged, a conservative is a liberal who has had a run in with big government.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    In as much as they're making a living on the black market, seems they're more entrepreneurial agorists than commie leftists looking for state handouts.

Why hate of the underground economy? Just because sex workers are "socially left" doesn't mean they're are more statist than anarchist.

I fully support their work in the free market.
    Hypocrisy is rampant on the left, the odds are that they are Bernie loving commies.

In spite of that I still wouldn't report them unless I personally knew that each of them was a tax loving commie and even then I probably wouldn't unless they made a personal enemy out of me.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hypocrisy is rampant on the left, the odds are that they are Bernie loving commies.

In spite of that I still wouldn't report them unless I personally knew that each of them was a tax loving commie and even then I probably wouldn't unless they made a personal enemy out of me.
    It is very likely correct that the vast majority are on the left, but what has been nagging me the last couple days is that I know both a web cam girl and a stripper really well irl and they are both fairly conservative politically.. (neither of them did these things when I met them..)

And then just yesterday after I posted this thread a college girl I met on tinder a little while back was posting on snapchat that she was writing a paper. I started reading the paper from her snapchat post, and what do you know? It's about Hayek and Keynes. So I texted back *black heart emoji* *yellow heart emoji* Hayek!! and that she should checkout the youtube video "Fight of the Century: Hayek vs. Keynes Part 2" on youtube. She said she has already watched all those and she loves them..

I dunno how all this stuff in my life seems to coincide all the time, but what are you going to do?
    Last edited by dannno; 12-04-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It is very likely correct that the vast majority are on the left, but what has been nagging me the last couple days is that I know both a web cam girl and a stripper really well irl and they are both fairly conservative politically.. (neither of them did these things when I met them..)

And then what do you know, just yesterday after I posted this thread a college girl I met on tinder a little while back was posting on snapchat that she was writing a paper. I started reading the paper from her snapchat post, and what do you know? It's about Hayek and Keynes. So I texted back *black heart emoji* *yellow heart emoji* Hayek!! and that she should checkout the youtube video "Fight of the Century: Hayek vs. Keynes Part 2" on youtube. She said she has already watched all those and she loves them..

I dunno how all this stuff in my life seems to coincide all the time, but what are you going to do?
    You never know about people you don't know, that is why I don't support the guy doing this.

It is one thing to give someone a dose of their own medicine but it is entirely different to just decide to impose big government on everyone because you are stuck with it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I'm curious as to which part is the funny part. Is is where he's turning people into the IRS, is it where he brags about how accomplished he is at paying taxes or is it the part where he thinks he knows how peole should spend their money?

It sounds to me like this $#@! should run for office, as a democrat.

Lol, I need a editor.
    Dannno hates women more than he hates government.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Dannno hates women more than he hates government.
    That's not true at all, I just despise the fact that the government has enabled bad women to be particularly evil.

I don't think women are any worse than men, I think they are about equal... about an equal number of evil men vs. evil women, and about an equal number of good men vs. good women.

Feminists will have you believe otherwise.. men evil, women good, etc..

But I would never, ever, ever expect you to understand or communicate nuanced views and opinions.
    Last edited by dannno; 12-04-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12