Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mass shooting at Borderline Bar and Grill in Thousand Oaks

The following contains the only clip I’ve found of the scene inside the Borderline bar.
    There are also some really, really emotional witnesses...
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Maybe they were coached by the same acting agency? They are not the same woman...
    Not convinced. If not the same woman, a close relative maybe? The voice and messaging similarity is eerie.

What are the odds of being involved in one mass shooting in the US, let alone 2?!?

What are the odds that 50-60 survivors of the Las Vegas shooting were also at the Borderline Bar on Wednesday: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shooting.html
    Borderline. Hmm, something about a borderline in the news lately. And possible shooting at a borderline. A bit of predictive programming perhaps.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    That's right.

Now, the next time there's a local crime committed by an illegal immigrant, apply the same logic.
    same logic for same scenarios is fine. but you don't apply the same logic to scenarios that are categorically different. Foreign nationals coming here to commit crime is something the Federal government is responsible for under National defense. "I believe in a strong national defense" - Ron Paul.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    The bouncer the gunman killed had survived the Vegas C&W concert massacre...
    Cleaning up loose ends?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Yes, i read the same thing; apparently they were Country Music fans.

I don't think he was on any prescribed drugs because his mom said she wanted him to get help and he refused. Also when the cops came in April they had a mental evaluation person evaluate him and apparently they felt he was not mentally ill. Most mentally ill people are not violent nor are they a threat to others. But there are a lot of people who are not mentally ill that are just angry, hate-filled people for who knows why. I think this is where this guy fits in.

I also don't buy that a lot of U.S. veterans have PTSD: over 95% of the U.S. military never sees a day of combat. Most of what they do is "train" the biggest lunatics they can find in other countries to kill their own countrymen and start civil wars so U.S. defense companies can make endless profits and the Israeli and Saudi lobbies will continue to stuff money into the pockets of corrupt politicians. They also find ruthless dictators around the world and have our military "train" their juntas (who also terrorize their own countrymen as well as innocents in other countries). All around I think it's absolutely disgusting what our military does overseas.

When young people grow up continually seeing that the supposed "heroes" in this country are the ones who perpetrate and cause the most violence both here (ie. cops) and around the world (ie. the U.S. military), those who are disgruntled for whatever reason are going to use violence to try to solve their problems. It's a sick culture that continually cherishes the worst elements of our society.

It appears this guy was an angry jerk his whole life; as suspected, PTSD has nothing to do with it:

[...] Several people who knew Long a decade ago as a high-schooler in the suburb of Thousand Oaks said in interviews that he made them uncomfortable, sometimes through aggressive behavior.

[...] Julie Hanson, who lives next door to the Longs’ ranch-style home, described him as “odd” and “disrespectful” well before he left home a decade ago, got married and enlisted in the Marines. She could often hear him yelling and cursing, [...].

Long made others feel uncomfortable going back to his teens.

Dominique Colell, who coached girls’ track and field at the high school where Long was a sprinter, remembers an angry young man who could be verbally and physically combative.

In one instance, Colell said Long used his fingers to mimic shooting her in the back of the head as she talked to another athlete. In another, he grabbed her rear and midsection after she refused to return a cellphone he said was his.

“I literally feared for myself around him,” Colell said in an interview. “He was the only athlete that I was scared of.”

Colell said she wanted to kick Long off the team but the boy’s coach urged her to reconsider because that could compromise his goal of joining the Marines.

https://apnews.com/5133931a9d734dfcb38d44feec1ec9b6

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    Vast majority of crimes are committed by Americans.

Some of you people disgust me with this talk. Mexicans in general are respectful and respectable. Shouldn’t WE, yes all of us, be wary of generalizations and stereotyping? Can’t we defeat the whole immigration issue by fighting against the welfare system that attracts people to come and leech? It’s not just immigrants, it’s lazy Americans too. The system is broken.

Instead all I’m getting is “the brown people are coming” and “build that wall.”

* not directed at any one person in particular and not even directed to RPF alone other than this would be the place I’d think would be better than that.

* edit said Mexicans, but most people are not criminal by nature.
    A disproportionate number of crimes are committed by ILLEGAL aliens who shouldn't have even been here to commit the crimes, American citizens have a right to be here so we can't do anything about their crimes until they are committed and LEGAL immigrants actually commit less crimes overall.

I remain agnostic about the wall but we need vastly increased patrols on the border and we need to deport as many illegal aliens as reasonably possible.

The political demographics reasons to limit legal immigration apply doubly to ILLEGAL immigrants because they are even worse in that way than legal immigrants.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    same logic for same scenarios is fine. but you don't apply the same logic to scenarios that are categorically different. Foreign nationals coming here to commit crime is something the Federal government is responsible for under National defense. "I believe in a strong national defense" - Ron Paul.
    +Rep

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    "Look at this anecdote about someone murdering people with guns! Ban guns!"

"Look at this anecdote about an immigrant murdering people! Ban immigrants!"

Same flawed logic

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    God is just punishing the libs for flipping the house.

It's also really close to the Borderline Bar

Last edited by dannno; 11-11-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I guess with the fire, this is largely out of the news cycle?

At the only gun shop in Thousand Oaks, fearful residents decide it's time to buy a gun

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/1947476002/

'Fact is I had no reason to do it': Thousand Oaks gunman posted to Instagram during massacre

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/11/10/thousand-oaks-shooting-gunman-posted-instagram-during-bar-massacre/1958013002/

Ventura County fire blazes hours after Thousand Oaks bar shooting

'I just wonder what's next': Thousand Oaks residents deal with mass shooting, horrific fire

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/1949030002/
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

bump

The actor and gun owner Ashton Kutcher has spoken out about the need for stricter gun laws.
    To make his argument appear stronger, Kutcher has told the world that his wife, Mila Kunis, threw him a birthday party earlier this year at the Borderline Bar. Where and when Kutcher was gifted a gun in the parking lot.

Maybe suspicious or at the very least strange?
    Ashton Kutcher is really, really reliable as he is a good friend of Joshua Kushner, brother of Jared: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/p...is/1942562002/

In addition to calling for forced psychiatric treatment and gun control in a series of tweets, Kutcher called on the sister-in-law of his friend Joshua Kushner, Ivanka (Donald’s daughter) to take action:
    @IvankaTrump your brother in law was at that birthday party. He could have just as easily been a victim. You go to synagogues you could be a victim! Talk to your dad! Plead with your dad! Let this be your legacy! Gun Reform now!
    https://twitter.com/aplusk/status/1060717319825969152
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The actor and gun owner Ashton Kutcher has spoken out ...
    Dude, where's my gun control?

The actor and gun owner Ashton Kutcher has spoken out about the need for stricter gun laws.
    To make his argument appear stronger, Kutcher has told the world that his wife, Mila Kunis, threw him a birthday party earlier this year at the Borderline Bar. Where and when Kutcher was gifted a gun in the parking lot.

Maybe suspicious or at the very least strange?
    Ashton Kutcher is really, really reliable as he is a good friend of Joshua Kushner, brother of Jared: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/p...is/1942562002/

In addition to calling for forced psychiatric treatment and gun control in a series of tweets, Kutcher called on the sister-in-law of his friend Joshua Kushner, Ivanka (Donald’s daughter) to take action: https://twitter.com/aplusk/status/1060717319825969152
    Is there a reason that you left out the part, that what Kutcher claimed in his tweet was illegal by current gun laws? And if actually happened, makes gun ownership illegal and makes him ineligible from ever owning a gun legally in CA? and is a felony for the gifter as well?

You can see in the following video that Susan Orfanos is really, really heartbroken that her son Telemachus Orfanos survived the Route 91 Harvest Festival shooting, but in this event was killed...

Susan Orfanos told ABC 7:
    She hopes to God..
    no-one else sends her any more prayers?

The Father:

??

Michael Kelso favors stricter gun control laws. 'Nuff said.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Michael Kelso favors stricter gun control laws. 'Nuff said.
    He also publicly admitted to committing a felony. *dumbass*

Last edited by specsaregood; 11-12-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post

The Father:

??
    His father seems really broken up about losing his son, they must have been close...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Is there a reason that you left out the part, that what Kutcher claimed in his tweet was illegal by current gun laws? And if actually happened, makes gun ownership illegal and makes him ineligible from ever owning a gun legally in CA? and is a felony for the gifter as well?
    Are you insinuating that I've intentionally left something out?!?
    I thought that this information was worthwile enough to post. I thought that the Kushner link was more interesting.

In all honesty I can say that I didn't know that gifting somebody a gun in a parking lot is illegal in the US...
    But I'm not surprised it is.

Are you insinuating that I've intentionally left something out?!?
    I thought that this information was worthwile enough to post. I thought that the Kushner link was more interesting.

In all honesty I can say that I didn't know that gifting somebody a gun in a parking lot is illegal in the US...
    But I'm not surprised it is.
    Legality of a private transfer of a firearm depends on where. It's illegal under California statute, I guess. It's legal in other parts of the country like South Carolina. That is the mythical "gunshow loophole". It's nothing more than selling or gifting a gun to someone without the Fed's approval. Retail gun sellers are required to conduct background checks. Private sellers/gifters are not.
    Last edited by devil21; 11-13-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Legality of a private transfer of a firearm depends on where. It's illegal under California statute, I guess.
    I think that Ashton Kutcher, the close friend of multimillionaire brother-in-law of Ivanka Trump Joshua Kushner, is terrified that the cops will get him.
    I guess he thought that his best defence against being locked up for this offence, is telling the world about it!

It's legal in other parts of the country like South Carolina. That is the mythical "gunshow loophole". It's nothing more than selling or gifting a gun to someone without the Fed's approval. Retail gun sellers are required to conduct background checks. Private sellers/gifters are not.
    In 1998, I spoke to a man in Oregon, who explained (or tried to explain) that the "right to bear arms" is in the US constitution so that (theoretically) Americans could do something if their government violates all of their rights.
    He also told me that his huge gun collection was simply an investment as they keep their value better than our money that keeps inflating (which of course helps money laundering).

You can see in the following video that Susan Orfanos is really, really heartbroken that her son Telemachus Orfanos survived the Route 91 Harvest Festival shooting, but in this event was killed...

Susan Orfanos told ABC 7:
    I knew I recognized that voice. Isn't she the same actress from the Orlando Pulse club event? You be the judge. The voice is SPOT ON and the message is the same. The look is similar but not 100% sure.

Can we please do something about the assault weapons??

Whoops. Wonder how many of the other victims were hit by friendly fire?

So basically the Deputy was wearing a bullet proof vest, which protected his vital organs from the shooter’s .45 handgun. But the Highway Patrol officer had a rifle (probably .223) which pierced the vest (and destroyed the heart) with a center chest shot.

Friendly Fire Killed Sheriff's Sergeant At Thousand Oaks, Calif., Shooting Scene
    Ian Stewart - December 7, 2018

When Ventura County Sheriff's Sgt. Ron Helus and a California Highway Patrol officer responded to a shooting last month in Thousand Oaks, Calif., they faced a barrage of gunfire from a suspect.

But officials announced Friday that the sergeant's fatal wound was a result of a shot fired by his fellow law enforcement officer.
    But it was a sixth bullet – one that entered Helus' chest and struck his heart – that proved fatal.

"Ultimately, this was the most severe injury sustained," Young said. That bullet was determined by FBI experts to have come from the CHP officer's rifle. Ventura County Sheriff Bill Ayub described the situation that night as chaotic and confusing.
    https://www.npr.org/2018/12/07/67473...shooting-scene
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Whoops. Wonder how many of the other victims were hit by friendly fire?

So basically the Deputy was wearing a bullet proof vest, which protected his vital organs from the shooter’s .45 handgun. But the Highway Patrol officer had a rifle (probably .223) which pierced the vest (and destroyed the heart) with a center chest shot.
    Was it really an accident?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123