Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: YouTube "Economically Censors" Ron Paul, Labels Videos "Not Suitable" For All Advertisers

YouTube "Economically Censors" Ron Paul, Labels Videos "Not Suitable" For All Advertisers

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ll-advertisers

Aug 27, 2017

Former US Congressman Ron Paul has joined a growing list of independent political journalists and commentators who’re being economically punished by YouTube despite producing videos that routinely receive hundreds of thousands of views.

In a tweet published Saturday, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange tweeted a screenshot of Paul’s “Liberty Report” page showing that his videos had been labeled “not suitable” for all advertisers by YouTube's content arbiters.

Assange claims that Paul was being punished for speaking out about President Donald Trump’s decision to increase the number of US troops in Afghanistan, after Paul published a video on the subject earlier this week.

The notion that YouTube would want to economically punish a former US Congressman for sharing his views on US foreign policy – a topic that he is unequivocally qualified to speak about – is absurd. Furthermore, the “review requested” marking on one of Paul's videos reveals that they were initially flagged by users before YouTube's moderators confirmed that the videos were unsuitable for a broad audience.

Other political commentators who’ve been censored by YouTube include Paul Joseph Watson and Tim Black – both ostensibly for sharing political views that differ from the mainstream neo-liberal ideology favored by the Silicon Valley elite.

Last week, Google – another Alphabet Inc. company – briefly banned Salil Mehta, an adjunct professor at Columbia and Georgetown who teaches probability and data science, from using its service, freezing his accounts without providing an explanation. He was later allowed to return to the service.

Conservative journalist Lauren Southern spoke out about YouTube’s drive to stifle politically divergent journalists and commentators during an interview with the Daily Caller.

“I think it would be insane to suggest there’s not an active effort to censor conservative and independent views,” said Southern.

“Considering most of Silicon Valley participate in the censorship of alleged ‘hate speech,’ diversity hiring and inclusivity committees. Their entire model is based around a far left outline. There’s no merit hiring, there’s no support of free speech and there certainly is not an equal representation of political views at these companies.”

Of course, Google isn’t the only Silicon Valley company that’s enamored with censorship. Facebook has promised to eradicate “fake news,” which, by its definition, includes political content that falls outside of the mainstream.

Still, economically punishing a former US Congressman and medical doctor is a new low in Silicon Valley's campaign to stamp out dissent.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And a few members here support that:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ghlight=Watson
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Now that you mention it... I thought something was wrong with Ron's channel but thought it might be something wrong with the way they are posting the new videos or maybe something about it being a live stream or something to do with my metadata -

Brand new liberty report episodes don't show up for me under searches on the day they get posted - they used to until maybe a couple months ago. I have to go to his channel and click on the videos to see the new episode, when before I could search ron paul and sort by recently uploaded.

YouTube "Economically Censors" Ron Paul, Labels Videos "Not Suitable" For All Advertisers

Former US Congressman Ron Paul has joined a growing list of independent political journalists and commentators who’re being economically punished by YouTube despite producing videos that routinely receive hundreds of thousands of views.
    In a tweet published Saturday, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange tweeted a screenshot of Paul’s “Liberty Report” page showing that his videos had been labeled “not suitable” for all advertisers by YouTube's content arbiters.
    YouTube economically censors former presidential candidate @RonPaul for criticizing U.S. foreign policy on Afghanistan and WikiLeaks. pic.twitter.com/AnC88rZkhO
    — Julian Assange ???? (@JulianAssange) August 26, 2017
    Assange claims that Paul was being punished for speaking out about President Donald Trump’s decision to increase the number of US troops in Afghanistan, after Paul published a video on the subject earlier this week.

More at: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ll-advertisers
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

He's definitely not suitable for all advertisers. Like Boeing. Lockheed Martin. General Electric...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

If people are still in denial about the obviously targeted censorship at this point, I'm not sure what else will convince them. The great advertising wars of 2017 continue.

Yep. The left already controlled the MSM and the schools. The internet was a wild card, but they're reining that in ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    ...how ever will I sleep through the night?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Some Trumptard is whining that he isn't being given as much money as he used to be, and then says that YouTube shouldn't have private property rights. Can someone explain why I should care?
    First they came for some guy you don't like...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    BOOM! goes the $#@!ing dynamite.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You're all on the list.
    The real problem is we can explain he shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Youtube is a match maker not a market maker. If youtube is missing matches for creators they are missing out on the 50% of the pie that is in the agreement. Instead of hosting the content to make money they are hosting it like a charity, that does not sound like censorship. And it doesn't even stop content producers from monetizing youtube hosted videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Youtube is a match maker not a market maker. If youtube is missing matches for creators they are missing out on the 50% of the pie that is in the agreement. Instead of hosting the content to make money they are hosting it like a charity, that does not sound like censorship. And it doesn't even stop content producers from monetizing youtube hosted videos.
    If they control the categories, and they lump people who oppose wars and money that shrinks in bank accounts like wool in a hot dryer in with vocal neo-nazis and people who openly advocate lynching, and they give advertisers two choices--run your ads on our un-approved videos or don't, how is that not depriving peaceniks and sound money advocates of revenue?

If these people run out of funding to make informative new videos, does it ever rise to the level of censorship in practical terms?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

it's been at least 9 years since this site has been online, people are still complaining about a private company choosing to be unfair to certain users? what happened to freedom?

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    it's been at least 9 years since this site has been online, people are still complaining about a private company choosing to be unfair to certain users? what happened to freedom?
    We can complain all we want, we can do things as private citizens too, the only thing we can't do is try to get government involved to make the companies do what we want.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    If they control the categories, and they lump people who oppose wars and money that shrinks in bank accounts like wool in a hot dryer in with vocal neo-nazis and people who openly advocate lynching, and they give advertisers two choices--run your ads on our un-approved videos or don't, how is that not depriving peaceniks and sound money advocates of revenue?

If these people run out of funding to make informative new videos, does it ever rise to the level of censorship in practical terms?
    If they run out of funding it is because they didn't have a market for advertisers, sponsors, and/or individuals willing to purchase access to their videos, or they failed to market their product. It would mean youtube's 'economic censorship' is a real reflection of the market, not just their marketing teams failures to find a match.

I do find it odd that Ron is on the receiving side of this. But at the same time as someone said above (I think you) ge, boeing, etc may really wish to not advertise on his channel. It could be that some advertisers don't want their products associated with politics at all. Or maybe youtube is running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off after a few PR hits and advertisers pulling their money and are being overly cautious to the point of costing themselves money.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they run out of funding it is because they didn't have a market for advertisers, sponsors, and/or individuals willing to purchase access to their videos, or they failed to market their product. It would mean youtube's 'economic censorship' is a real reflection of the market, not just their marketing teams failures to find a match.

I do find it odd that Ron is on the receiving side of this. But at the same time as someone said above (I think you) ge, boeing, etc may really wish to not advertise on his channel. It could be that some advertisers don't want their products associated with politics at all. Or maybe youtube is running around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off after a few PR hits and advertisers pulling their money and are being overly cautious to the point of costing themselves money.

I think it is youtube making the decision, not advertisers.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think it is youtube making the decision, not advertisers.
    I agree, based on Assange's tweet it looks like youtube employs people to review whether the video is 'suitable for all advertisers' or not. They are making these decisions in attempts to please the advertisers, their customers.

I agree, based on Assange's tweet it looks like youtube employs people to review whether the video is 'suitable for all advertisers' or not. They are making these decisions in attempts to please the advertisers, their customers.
    Hahhahahhahahahahahahhah...

That's a good one.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post

Voicing opinion is incompatible with freedom?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's definitely not suitable for all advertisers. Like Boeing. Lockheed Martin. General Electric...
    Yeah , I just use " Not suitable for statists "

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yep. The left already controlled the MSM and the schools. The internet was a wild card, but they're reining that in ASAP.
    It's not the "left", meaning Democrats. It's the globalist NWO communists that masquerade as both the left and the right and also control the corporations in question.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Voicing opinion is incompatible with freedom?
    no.

Conservative And Independent YouTube Channels Hit By Censorship And Demonetization

YouTube is now demonetizing videos from content creators deemed too controversial for the platform, and conservatives and independents are being heavily impacted.

The move follows YouTube’s announcement earlier in August to catch and flag “controversial religious and supremacist” content hosted on the popular video-hosting website. Political and social commentators on YouTube are feeling the hurt—and they believe that they may be on a blacklist for having the wrong opinions.
    Affected creators are unable to make money from their work, which is automatically flagged or vetted by volunteer “experts.” In addition, the new system incorporates “tougher standards” for controversial videos that do not break YouTube’s terms of service, which are placed in a purgatory state that effectively censors them from being recommended to YouTube viewers.

The Daily Caller spoke to conservative and independent YouTubers whose channels are now being affected by the new policy. Conservative journalist Lauren Southern believes there is a drive to stifle politically divergent voices.

“I think it would be insane to suggest there’s not an active effort to censor conservative and independent views,” said Southern. “Considering most of Silicon Valley participate in the censorship of alleged ‘hate speech,’ diversity hiring and inclusivity committees. Their entire model is based around a far left outline. There’s no merit hiring, there’s no support of free speech and there certainly is not an equal representation of political views at these companies.”

Independent journalist and activist Luke Rudkowski, who runs WeAreChange, told The Daily Caller that hundreds of his videos were demonetized in a single day on Thursday, effectively killing his ability to earn a living on YouTube.

“Having had 660 of my videos demonetized in one day left me a little stunned since this is the core for my income but left me with the impression that this was done on purpose,” said Rudkowski, who said that the videos included some of his most popular videos from years ago. “This was videos from years ago predominately targeting the most viewed videos which has eviscerated my income.”
    Daniel Sulzbach, better known as MrRepzion, told the Daily Caller that YouTube’s demonetization of his videos has hurt his incentive to make new content. He says that it hasn’t been the first time his videos were demonetized, but when the issue happened previously in early 2017, he was able to successfully appeal for them to be restored.

“The difference now is that my videos are not being restored with monetization when I file for manual review,” said Sulzbach.
    Edgy YouTube comedian Razorfist says every single one of his videos was demonetized. His biggest issue with the site was how the platform values progressive voices over everyone else through biased algorithms. Razorfist cited a video rebuttal to Sam Seder (a left wing comedian) as an example of the bias. He claims that Seder posted a reply containing Razorfist’s video in its entirety, but the algorithm flagged the original video for demonetization.

“If leftist channels are being white-listed, someone’s going to have to explain to me how this algorithm is functionally any different than a conservative blacklist,” he said.
    “Google’s going to need to explain to me why John Oliver can engage in weekly invective punctuated by a hail of profane epithets, skew it leftward, and still have ads for Pampers and pimple cream adorn the margins of his unwatchable videos,” he said.

Conservative vlogger and cultural pundit Mark Dice told The Daily Caller he believes YouTube is upset at the rise of conservative channels on YouTube over the past year, and that the new policies are designed to squelch dissenting voices.

“I think YouTube is furious that so many conservative channels have gotten so popular in the last year, and they don’t want us to be able to work full-time doing what we’re doing because our message is at odds with almost everything that Google and YouTube’s leadership stands for,” said Dice, who says that even his monetized videos are underperforming as a result of the changes.
    He says that his videos performed better when he had a 10th of his subscriber count, years ago.
    “YouTube has kicked a bees nest by going after Diamond and Silk [a channel of two black female Trump supporters]. I think it won’t be long before President Trump is commenting on YouTube’s censorship,” he said.
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/11/co...emonetization/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And this has been where we've been failing for 7 months. We can see the front lines and the faces of the enemy and yet there are those that sit on their hands because "that guy" isn't exactly befitting of their support. It's about principles, not the characters involved. You may hate PJW or Milo or Drudge or AJ but they're on the front lines against the same elements that'll take down Zerohedge or other alternative press and even this site. You may hate Trump but he's on the front lines against the same enemies that'll stop Rand and Ron and all Liberty minded candidates to destroy everything you hold great about this country.

For those of you who are still on the fence about choosing a "side", you need to step up to the front lines and fight the right battles because it's easier to support a bigger force then to wait until it all collapses, to the point that you care or are directly affected, and crushes what you have left to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangergirl View Post
    And this has been where we've been failing for 7 months. We can see the front lines and the faces of the enemy and yet there are those that sit on their hands because "that guy" isn't exactly befitting of their support. It's about principles, not the characters involved. You may hate PJW or Milo or Drudge or AJ but they're on the front lines against the same elements that'll take down Zerohedge or other alternative press and even this site. You may hate Trump but he's on the front lines against the same enemies that'll stop Rand and Ron and all Liberty minded candidates to destroy everything you hold great about this country.

For those of you who are still on the fence about choosing a "side", you need to step up to the front lines and fight the right battles because it's easier to support a bigger force then to wait until it all collapses, to the point that you care or are directly affected, and crushes what you have left to death.
    Valid point

Hey, in their defense Ron Paul does say some shockingly offensive things like violence is bad and people should be nice to each other.

Christ almighty, the man is basically Obi Wan and they're going after him. Try to imagine a world in which the same occurs to leftist loon Bernie Sanders. You can't. The left is never held to the same standard that we are.

Ultimately this has led to arguments on the right being so perfectly crystallized and refined, it has led to a thorough understanding of history and fact, it has led to RWNJs like Richard Spencer being disavowed vehemently... while the left screeches on with nothing but emotion as Antifa is embraced by the MSM when it bashes peaceful protestors with bike locks and bats.

If you think it is absurd now, just wait until Democrat loses more seats in the Senate in 2018. The left will become completely unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangergirl View Post

See my sig. If they weren't cointelpro from the start, they have all been co-opted by now. The only answer is to stop participating in the tribal games. Don't pick sides. Stay on the side of truth, regardless of which side on any issue the truth falls on. They control each side and play them against each other. Opting out and staying true to pure truth-seeking is the only way to win.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

This, Stefan Molyneux a man that annoys me has figured this out and has been able to thrive and prosper in the youtube universe without ever turning on his adcents option with youtube. He freely uses their platform to broadcast his lies and propaganda and essentially he is winning. Just last month he withdrew $1.5 m in bitcoin that his viewers have been donating to him and this does not include the cash donations people like Danke give to him every month.

Ron Paul just has to change tactics to survive.

We have all heard the argument about if this restaurant doesn't allow smoking and the restaurant across the street does then people will go where they want. This is supposed to be good for business. This seems like a golden opportunity for some other entity to come into play against youtube.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast