Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery was hit with a truck before he died

Ahmaud Arbery was hit with a truck before he died

And people wonder why he charged the guy with the gun.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/us/mc...ery/index.html
    (CNN)William Bryan told investigators he heard Travis McMichael use a racial epithet after fatally shooting Ahmaud Arbery in Glynn County, a Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent testified Thursday at a preliminary hearing.

Bryan told police Travis McMichael said "f***ing n***er" after three blasts from his shotgun left Arbery dead in the street in the Satilla Shores neighborhood in February, GBI Assistant Special Agent in Charge Richard Dial testified. Body camera footage also showed a Confederate flag sticker on the toolbox of McMichael's truck, he said.
    On cross-examination, Dial testified Bryan mentioned the slur in a May 13 GBI interview, and to Dial's knowledge, Bryan had not previously made the allegation, including during a May 11 interview. Thursday's hearing lasted about seven hours, with the judge ruling all three defendants -- Bryan, McMichael and McMichael's father, Gregory McMichael -- will stand trial on all charges. The details of Arbery's last moments emerged amid a week of nationwide protests over another killing -- that of George Floyd by police in Minneapolis -- and demonstrators have also called for justice in Arbery's case.

During Thursday's testimony, Dial said there were "numerous times" on social media and via messaging services that Travis McMichael used racial slurs, once messaging someone that he loved his job because there "weren't any N-words anywhere."

In another instance sometime before the shooting, he replied in an Instagram message that things would be better if someone had "blown that N-word's head off," Dial testified. Dial did not say to whom McMichael was referring and was not asked for more context.

Bryan, too, had several messages on his phone that included "racial" terms and indicated he may have prejudged Arbery when he saw him that day, Dial said.
    "There's evidence of Mr. Bryan's racist attitude in his communications, and from that I extrapolate the reason why he made assumptions he did that day," he said. "He saw a man running down the road with a truck following him, and I believe he made certain assumptions that were, at least in part, based upon his racial bias."
    Arbery's mother, Wanda Cooper, was devastated when she heard Dial's testimony, she said.

"I often imagine the last minutes of my son's life. I didn't imagine it would be that harsh, but to learn that that statement was made in the last seconds of his life ... it was very heartbreaking," she said.

The pursuit

Dial outlined events that led to Arbery's death and said that before Arbery was shot, the three men charged in his murder engaged in an elaborate chase, hitting the 25-year-old jogger with a truck as he tried to escape them.

Asked whether he believed McMichael could've been acting in self-defense, Dial said the opposite was true.

"I believe Mr. Arbery was being pursued, and he ran till he couldn't run anymore, and it was turn his back to a man with a shotgun or fight with his bare hands against the man with the shotgun. He chose to fight," he said. "I believe Mr. Arbery's decision was to just try to get away, and when he felt like he could not escape he chose to fight."

As Travis and Gregory McMichael attempted to head him off, Arbery turned and ran past the truck of Bryan, who recorded the killing, and Bryan struck Arbery with the side of his truck, Dial said.

Bryan told police that at one point he thought Arbery was trying to enter his truck, Dial said, adding that he didn't know whether that was true but he felt Arbery was trying to escape.

Investigators found a swipe from a palm print on the rear door of Bryan's truck, cotton fibers near the truck bed that "we attribute to contact with Mr. Arbery" and a dent below the fibers, he said.

Bryan was working on his porch, defense attorney Kevin Gough countered, and his client didn't know what the McMichaels were doing.

Bryan "sees someone he doesn't know followed by a truck that he does. He does, with all due respect, what any patriotic American would have done under the same circumstances," Gough said.

Arbery tried to escape, agent says

Though Bryan's attorney has argued his client took no part in the killing, Dial said Bryan yelled to the McMichaels, "Do you got him?" when he saw them chasing the 25-year-old jogger.

After yelling out to the McMichaels, Bryan joined the chase, at which point none of the three had called 911, Dial said.

The McMichaels had already tried to head off Arbery once when Bryan joined the pursuit, the GBI agent said. Bryan tried to block in Arbery as Travis McMichael drove around the block with his father in the bed of the truck, he said.

Bryan "made several statements about trying to block him in and using his vehicle to try to stop him," Dial said. "His statement was that Mr. Arbery kept jumping out of the way and moving around the bumper and actually running down into the ditch in an attempt to avoid his truck."

At one point, Arbery was heading out of the Satilla Shores neighborhood where the defendants live, but the McMichaels forced him to turn back into the neighborhood and run past Bryan, the agent said. That is when he struck Arbery, Dial said, and Arbery kept running with the McMichaels in pursuit.

Bryan turned around, and that is when the widely disseminated video of Arbery's killing begins, he said.

When police arrived after the shooting, Dial said, Gregory McMichael said in remarks caught on police body camera footage that he didn't know for certain if Arbery had stolen anything.

"He had a gut feeling that Mr. Arbery may have been responsible for thefts that were in the neighborhood previously. He actually says gut. His instinct told him that," the GBI agent said.

Travis McMichael told police that he ordered Arbery to get on the ground before the shooting, and Gregory McMichael told an officer he had instructed his son, "Don't shoot," Dial said.

The McMichaels, charged with murder and aggravated assault, appeared wearing face masks from the Glynn County Detention Center a few miles away from the courthouse.

Bryan waived his right to appear. He was arrested last month on charges that include felony murder.

Men's attorneys proclaim innocence

Gough has repeatedly insisted his client was merely an observer and has questioned why state police charged the man he labels the prosecution's "star witness."
    The GBI took over the investigation after Glynn County police and two prosecutors declined to press charges. Atlantic Judicial Circuit District Attorney Tom Durden became the third prosecutor to recuse himself after the GBI assistance he requested promptly yielded charges. Cobb District Attorney Joyette Holmes is now handling the prosecutions.

Travis McMichael is not guilty, his attorneys say, as "compelling evidence" will demonstrate.
    "Travis has been vilified before his voice could even be heard," the lawyers said in a statement. "The truth in this case will exonerate Travis."
    Gregory McMichael is also a victim of a rush to judgment, his legal team said.

"So often the public accepts a narrative driven by an incomplete set of facts, one that vilifies a good person," defense attorney Laura Hogue said in a statement.
    Added co-counsel Frank Hogue, "The full story, to be revealed in time, will tell the truth about this case."

The shooting

Gregory and Travis McMichael were arrested May 7.

The McMichaels armed themselves and, with Bryan's help, tried to head off Arbery as he ran through their neighborhood, Gregory McMichael said, according to an incident report.

Bryan's video picks up before the third attempt, and Arbery is seen trying to avoid the McMichaels' pickup truck, which is stopped in the road, before abruptly turning toward Travis McMichael in front of the truck.

A shot goes off as they struggle over the gun. The two disappear off the left side of the screen. Gregory McMichael draws a handgun but does not shoot.
    A second shot is heard as Arbery and the younger McMichael are off screen. As the men come back into view, they continue fighting for the shotgun. Arbery throws a punch at Travis McMichael's head as a third shot is heard.

Arbery steps back as blood appears on the back of his T-shirt under his left rib cage. He stumbles and falls in the middle of the street as Travis McMichael walks away.
    The Justice Department has launched a hate crime investigation in the case, Merritt has said.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The dent was on the rear of the truck bed? So they tried to run over him in reverse?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The dent was on the rear of the truck bed? So they tried to run over him in reverse?
    I didn't say truck bed. It said truck door. Please read:

Investigators found a swipe from a palm print on the rear door of Bryan's truck, cotton fibers near the truck bed that "we attribute to contact with Mr. Arbery" and a dent below the fibers, he said.

It wasn't on the bed. It was on the rear door near the bed.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I didn't say truck bed. It said truck door. Please read:

It wasn't on the bed. It was on the rear door near the bed.
    So it's like one of those cars that can go sideways? I hear those are really easy to parallel park.

Are you sure he wasn't trying to enter the rear door of the truck?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

So it's like one of those cars that can go sideways? I hear those are really easy to parallel park.

Are you sure he wasn't trying to enter the rear door of the truck?
    So you've never seen a sideswipe accident (or in this case on purpose)? Okay.

Honestly you come up with the dumbest arguments sometimes.

Oh look @dannno. Here's a car intentionally side swiping a motorcyclist.

Honestly you come up with the dumbest arguments sometimes.
    I didn't make an argument, I asked a question. You don't seem to have an answer.

Of course it is possible he was side swiped.. which is not particularly effective on a person, it's more effective when it's a vehicle or a motorocycle that is pointed in a specific direction, going a certain speed, and now has changed directions that it doesn't want to go and is still going a particular speed. It's also possible they were chasing alongside him with shotgun boy up top in the bed and he tried to enter the vehicle through the rear door.

I guess that is something that will be figured out in court, I certainly don't trust CNN to tell me what happened. It's sad that you do.
    Last edited by dannno; 07-07-2020 at 10:31 AM.

I didn't make an argument, I asked a question. You don't seem to have an answer.

Of course it is possible he was side swiped.. which is not particularly effective on a person, it's more effective when it's a vehicle or a motorocycle that is pointed in a specific direction, going a certain speed, and now has changed directions that it doesn't want to go and is still going a particular speed. It's also possible they were chasing alongside him with shotgun boy up top in the bed and he tried to enter the vehicle through the rear door.

I guess that is something that will be figured out in court, I certainly don't trust CNN to tell me what happened. It's sad that you do.
    It wasn't even the father/son truck that "hit" Arbery. It was the other guy, Bryan, with the camera. He said he thought Arbery might have tried to get into his truck.

As Travis and Gregory McMichael attempted to head him off, Arbery turned and ran past the truck of Bryan, who recorded the killing, and Bryan struck Arbery with the side of his truck, Dial said.

Bryan told police that at one point he thought Arbery was trying to enter his truck, Dial said, adding that he didn't know whether that was true but he felt Arbery was trying to escape.

Likely that he turned in front of Arbery running, Arbery ran into the side of truck.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ummm...no that's not possible. "Shotgun boy" as you called him was in the white truck. The dent was on the red truck.

It wasn't even the father/son truck that "hit" Arbery. It was the other guy, Bryan, with the camera. He said he thought Arbery might have tried to get into his truck.

Likely that he turned in front of Arbery running, Arbery ran into the side of truck.
    Bingo!

Bingo!
    So you think he was trying to get into his truck?

So you think he was trying to get into his truck?
    Not at all. I think he was trying to get away. All of the men charged have admitted they were trying to prevent him from getting away. The "He was trying to get in muh truck" theory is a red herring.

Not at all. I think he was trying to get away. All of the men charged have admitted they were trying to prevent him from getting away. The "He was trying to get in muh truck" theory is a red herring.
    Oh, ok, so you and I have a different understanding of what "BINGO" means.

Oh, ok, so you and I have a different understanding of what "BINGO" means.
    So let me see if I understand your "bingo." Red truck dude admits he was trying to block Arbery's escape. Arbery was "hauling a$$" (shotgun boy's words) the whole time. Red truck dude (Bryan's theory) turns right in front of Arbery, and in your Bug's Bunny Physics world that means Arbery was trying to get into the truck? If red truck dude cut in close enough to Arbery, Arbery "hitting" the truck would have been unavoidable on the part of Arbery.

So let me see if I understand your "bingo." Red truck dude admits he was trying to block Arbery's escape. Arbery was "hauling a$$" (shotgun boy's words) the whole time. Red truck dude (Bryan's theory) turns right in front of Arbery, and in your Bug's Bunny Physics world that means Arbery was trying to get into the truck? If red truck dude cut in close enough to Arbery, Arbery "hitting" the truck would have been unavoidable on the part of Arbery.
    No, that was in the part you replied to that said "BINGO"

lol He was trying to get away from that area because he knew he did something wrong. If he was trying to get away because he was innocent, he would have run to a neighbors house or yard.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once Arbery found out he couldn't get into the truck in order to attack the driver because Arbery is a savage, he ran in order to leave the crime scene because he just committed a crime. The norm for innocent people is to stop right away or run towards a house or yard for cover. Running to leave the area is what a guilty person does to get away from the area where they committed an illegal act.

Yay! Another race-baiting thread by jmdrake. You've been reading too much Ta-Nahesi Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Yay! Another race-baiting thread by jmdrake. You've been reading too much Ta-Nahesi Coates.
    You've been spending too much time at StormFront.com practicing your one armed salute. The evidence is in now. The racists who tried to smear Ahmaud Arbery with lies about a hammer and "it was self defense" and "not racially motivated" have nothing else to say but "How dare you expose us." Well...you've been exposed.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 07-07-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    Once Arbery found out he couldn't get into the truck in order to attack the driver because Arbery is a savage, he ran in order to leave the crime scene because he just committed a crime. The norm for innocent people is to stop right away or run towards a house or yard for cover. Running to leave the area is what a guilty person does to get away from the area where they committed an illegal act.
    Yes. Yes of course. Arbery was trying to grab hold of the truck and toss it like a tank. Got it.

You've been spending too much time at StormFront.com practicing your one armed salute. The evidence is in now. The racists who tried to smear Ahmaud Arbery with lies about a hammer and "it was self defense" and "not racially motivated" have nothing else to say but "How dare you expose us." Well...you've been exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Naw. Just you.

Yes. Yes of course. Arbery was trying to grab hold of the truck and toss it like a tank. Got it.
    It's every bit as plausible or even moreso than your version. Well maybe not moreso.

And you have no proof McMichaels act was based on racism. Almost everyone is racist, doesn't mean the act they commit is based on racism
    Last edited by tebowlives; 07-07-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Bryan isn't an innocent bystander imo. At first it is believable he went to aid his fellow neighbor who wanted help. But after seeing what was happening he knew what was going on. I still don't know to what extent. He was probably charged in order to "scare the truth" out of him. Smart move by the prosecutor.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, you know how those "savages" are. Probably didn't even know or understand what it was that he ran into. Probably never even saw a car or truck in the jungles of Brunswick, Georgia where he grew up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Well, you know how those "savages" are. Probably didn't even know or understand what it was that he ran into. Probably never even saw a car or truck in the jungles of Brunswick, Georgia where he grew up.
    Thanks Sacha.

So, Arbery's a savage because he ran from people chasing him- that's a load of $#@!. I'm sure if some guys came chasing you in a truck you'd just stand and wave. Running is NOT just what the guilty do- anyone with 1/2 a brain cell would run if a truck with guys & guns was chasing them down.

And there's no proof he committed a crime.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    So, Arbery's a savage because he ran from people chasing him- that's a load of $#@!. I'm sure if some guys came chasing you in a truck you'd just stand and wave. Running is NOT just what the guilty do- anyone with 1/2 a brain cell would run if a truck with guys & guns was chasing them down.

If guys in a truck with guns were driving toward me, no matter what race, I would not run, why would I even assume they were chasing me?

They came up to him and said, "hey we want to talk to you" and he ran.

Sorry but your narrative is total BS.

So, Arbery's a savage because he ran from people chasing him- that's a load of $#@!.
    No he's a savage based on what we know about him. The only load of $#@! is your silly comment.

I'm sure if some guys came chasing you in a truck you'd just stand and wave.
    If I came out of a house that I just trespassed on, I would know what they probably want, but I'd ask them.

Running is NOT just what the guilty do- anyone with 1/2 a brain cell would run if a truck with guys & guns was chasing them down.
    Anyone with brains knows you can't out run a gun. Anyone who is not guilty more than likely stays put or runs towards a house since it's hard to out run a truck.
    Just to be clear, it's hard to out run a gun and it's hard to outrun a truck.

lol Your comment is dishonest. He was trespassing. We know that.

No he's a savage based on what we know about him. The only load of $#@! is your silly comment.

If I came out of a house that I just trespassed on, I would know what they probably want, but I'd ask them.

Anyone with brains knows you can't out run a gun. Anyone who is not guilty more than likely stays put or runs towards a house since it's hard to out run a truck.
    Just to be clear, it's hard to out run a gun and it's hard to outrun a truck.

lol Your comment is dishonest. He was trespassing. We know that.
    On all of the video that I've seen I have yet to see the no trespassing sign. And multiple people, including children, when in and out of that home without permission but Arbery was the only one chased down and killed.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...8-9459fec07f00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast