Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black restaurant owner who gave police free meals shot dead by cops

Black restaurant owner who gave police free meals shot dead by cops

Title says it all.

https://gossips24.com/black-restaura...-dead-by-cops/

David McAtee, 53, was killed on Monday morning while police officers and National Guard soldiers were enforcing a curfew in Louisville, amid a wave of protests calling for justice for George Floyd.

McAtee’s family said he died trying to protect his niece who also got shot but survived.

The restaurateur, who was a loved community figure, was killed by officers just after midnight on Monday. By 10.45am the next day, his body was found lying in the same spot where he was shot, said Aida Osman, who has launched a GoFundMe page to help Mr McAtee’s family with funeral and legal costs.

Black restaurant owner who gave police free meals shot dead by copsBlack restaurant owner who gave police free meals shot dead by cops
    Louisville’s police chief, Steve Conrad, was fired after city Mayor Greg Fischer learned that officers failed to activate, or wear, body cameras at the chaotic scene where Mr McAtee was shot.

Mr Fischer said: ‘This type of institutional failure will not be tolerated. Accordingly, I have relieved Steve Conrad of his duties.’ The US attorney said federal authorities and the state police will investigate the circumstances around Mr McAtee’s death.

Police said they were responding to gunfire from a crowd but witnesses said the crowd was not demonstrating when cops arrived and were boxed in by soldiers.

Mr McAtee’s family and witnesses said the group was not protesting but that the neighbourhood meets every week in the street to play music and the restaurateur provided food.

Odessa Riley, Mr McAtee’s mother, is still grieving the loss of her daughter who died earlier this year. Ms Riley told wave3: ‘When you lose a child, a part of you goes along with that child. I just buried my daughter January 22nd.’

The death of Mr McAtee prompted a massive march to the site where he was killed – near to his well-known restaurant YaYa’s BBQ Shack. Hundreds turned up to mourn his death and pay tribute to the ‘well-liked’ restaurateur, who regularly gave free meals to police officers during their shifts.

‘He fed all the policemen,’ Ms Riley said. ‘Police would go in there and talk with him and be with him. He fed the police. He fed them free. All he did on the BBQ corner was trying to make a dollar for himself.’

Deputy Chief Robert Schroeder, who will replace the Louisville police chief, described Mr McAtee as a ‘friend’ of officers in the area, reported The Guardian.

He said: ‘Over the years he’s been a good friend to the police officers… frequently making sure our officers had a good meal on their shifts’.

Mr Schroeder said video footage from crime centre cameras showed how the shooting unfolded, claiming that protesters fired shots first before two Louisville officers officers and two National Guard soldiers fired.

He said: ‘It is taken from a distance, but it gives an overview of the scene and clearly shows the officers reacting to gunfire’.

However, he said that two of the officers breached policy as they were not wearing, or did not activate, body cameras. They have been placed on administrative leave.

Writer and social organiser, Mr Osmon, wrote on a fundraiser for Mr McAtee: ‘We cannot help but feel total outrage and pain for this family and what happened to David’.

Mr Osmon wrote: ‘While Odessa Riley, McAtee’s mother and the rest of his family are experiencing extreme grief and sorrow, finding money to bury their son should be the last of their worries’.

‘There is no goal to reach and there is no dollar amount that will ever equal David’s life, so this campaign will do everything in its power to secure as many relief funds as possible for the McAtee family,’ he added. ‘We already live in a world where it is made systemically impossible for black people to take legal action during these times and that is why we have to raise enough money for the family to have the option to fight back’.

Mr McAtee’s death came ahead of a day of mostly peaceful protests in Louiseville on Monday, which was ended by riot police firing tear gas at several hundreds protesters in Jefferson Square.

Riot police with batons at the ready stood shoulder-to-shoulder as they advanced down key streets, before breaking up the protest after a brief stand-off shortly after 10pm.

Demonstrators shouted at police as authorities on a microphone ordered the crowd to disperse before loud bursts of tear gas crackled and smoke spread over the area.

Protesters began running and military-style vehicles could later be seen occupying the square.

Some protesters gasped and held wet cloths to their faces as they ran from the gas and advancing police, before the demonstrations petered out.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Protected and served.

I don't want to be so blunt as to say something like "see what bootlicking the kops gets you".....

But I can't find a softer way to say it.

RIP, BBQ Man.

You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Protected and served.

I don't want to be so blunt as to say something like "see what bootlicking the kops gets you".....

But I can't find a softer way to say it.

RIP, BBQ Man.

You will be missed.
    There is video of him shooting at the cops, not all cop killings are unjustified. I will find it and will post it got all to see. I am no fan of cops but this level of demonetization is beginning to worry me.

If you shoot at a cop in the parking lot, don't act shocked when they shoot back

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    That was my first take.

But I'm having another thought: Why does the media concentrate on black miscreants who get killed while up to no good?

Here's a black gentleman who was killed while protecting his neice. And from the MSM? Crickets. What's wrong, CNN? Not divisive enough? Not the right kind of case to stir up the usual... "He'd still be alive if he hadn't..." "No one deserves to die for that you racist..."?

In short, is the MSM giving him the white victim silent treatment because no one could possibly excuse this travesty? This case offers no buttons to push; ergo, it didn't happen?

Edit: So a string of gunshots are heard, unarmed people come running in the door screaming they're getting shot at, he goes to the door and pops a cap or two at the first thing he sees with a black T shirt, a mask and a gun.

Might there be a better way to disperse unarmed onlookers than tossing hot lead at them?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-04-2020 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    That was my first take.

But I'm having another thought: Why does the media concentrate on black miscreants who get killed while up to no good?

Here's a black gentleman who was killed while protecting his neice. And from the MSM? Crickets. What's wrong, CNN? Not divisive enough? Not the right kind of case to stir up the usual... "He'd still be alive if he hadn't..." "No one deserves to die for that you racist..."?

In short, is the MSM giving him the white victim silent treatment because no one could possibly excuse this travesty? This case offers no buttons to push; ergo, it didn't happen?

Edit: So a string of gunshots are heard, unarmed people come running in the door screaming they're getting shot at, he goes to the door and pops a cap or two at the first thing he sees with a black T shirt, a mask and a gun.

Might there be a better way to disperse unarmed onlookers than tossing hot lead at them?
    There are other videos online where you can hear what was going on before the shooting, the police men came with sirens blaring. Please let not pretend that he was trying to protect his niece. I don't like anything that is happening right now in the country, hate govt interference and all but what he did was naive at best and suicidal at worst. He made a chaotic situation more volatile.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by John-G View Post
    There are other videos online where you can hear what was going on before the shooting, the police men came with sirens blaring. Please let not pretend that he was trying to protect his niece. I don't like anything that is happening right now in the country, hate govt interference and all but what he did was naive at best and suicidal at worst. He made a chaotic situation more volatile.

RIP
    If he's the guy in the white ball cap, he never went outside. Sirens are no guarantee there are no criminals around. Quite the opposite, one would hope. Cops are only supposed to use them when bad guys are around.

No, it isn't cut and dried simple. But I do believe he was trying to protect his own. It looks like he shot first and asked questions later, but so did the cops.

The bystanders got off the street. Why did the cops even follow them?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-04-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

This article confuses me. At first glance it reads as if cops just busted into some guy's joint, shot him, and left his dead body there to rot
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Title says it all.
    If by "all" you meant "nothing" then that would be correct.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Due to the conflicting accounts I'll have to wait for the dust to settle to form an opinion. If the reports of both firing shots are correct, then at first glance it looks like a horrible case of mistaken identity on both the restaurant owner and the cop's part...friendly fire during the chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Based upon the raw video, it appears that the Police were walking down the street clearing the street. The lead guy had his pepper ball gun and was firing that. People and cars were clearing. Some people ran into the store, and pepperball cop fires a couple of pepperballs at the open door. Someone then fires a gun from the door towards the cops, that's when the cops run back a bit, pull out real guns, and then have a short fire fight with the owner who is shooting from the door. He stumbles back into the store, dropping his gun at the door, goes behind a rack, and falls over dead.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If by "all" you meant "nothing" then that would be correct.
    It says nothing to someone functionally illiterate..

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

The dude shot at the cops, are you retarded?

Your stupid $#@!ing fake news article didn't even mention that... which is borderline criminal and puts lives in danger.

And YOU are spreading this bull$#@!, and then when you get corrected, you pretend you are still right.

It's $#@!ing ridiculous. You used to be a serious poster, now you are one of the biggest jokes on the forum.

You can get your credibility back when you stop posting nonsense.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-04-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That's not in the article. But I bet this if from your secret source that said Trump set off a nuke in a mountain full of children amiright?

That's not in the article. But I bet this if from your secret source that said Trump set off a nuke in a mountain full of children amiright?
    Ya it's not in your stupid fake news article because all you do is post fake news.

It's in the $#@!ing video.

Your stupid $#@!ing fake news article didn't even mention that... which is borderline criminal and puts lives in danger.

And YOU are spreading this bull$#@!, and then when you get corrected, you pretend you are still right.

It's $#@!ing ridiculous. You used to be a serious poster, now you are one of the biggest jokes on the forum.

And go fvck yourself Dannno. The article didn't say dude shot at the cops. From the article.

Mr Schroeder said video footage from crime centre cameras showed how the shooting unfolded, claiming that protesters fired shots first before two Louisville officers officers and two National Guard soldiers fired.

So some random protesters shot at the cops, they blindly fired back, killed and innocent dude, and you're blaming them. Karma would be if this happened to you or one of your children someday. They're somewhere minding their own business and get killed by a stray bullet fired blindly by a cop.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

If you shoot at a cop in the parking lot, don't act shocked when they shoot back
    No sound on the video. No gun visible in the hand of the shooting victim in the video. But don't tell that to @dannno.

No sound on the video. No gun visible in the hand of the shooting victim in the video. But don't tell that to @dannno.
    There are two guns from the guys in the restaurant. I know, it doesn't fit your narrative, again.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Video with sound

Come on guys, no personal insults.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Video with sound
    YOUR VIDEO DOES NOT HAVE THE STORE OWNER IN IT! From the jump I said SOMEBODY shot at the police! Only a complete idiot would come to the conclusion that the person who got shot was the shooter. The police heard gun shots, shot back blindly, and a man who had been friendly to the police was shot and killed. You and @dannno are not even attempting at being honest.

There is video of him shooting at the cops, not all cop killings are unjustified. I will find it and will post it got all to see. I am no fan of cops but this level of demonetization is beginning to worry me.
    Total lie as shown by the videos you have put up. You and @dannno should e ashamed! The video YOU put up only confirms what was in the OP which is that somebody shot at the police. The police fired back blindly. A man who had been friendly to the police is now dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    There are two guns from the guys in the restaurant. I know, it doesn't fit your narrative, again.
    My "narrative" is that someone shot at the police, they shot back, and a restaurant owner who had been friendly to the police is dead. I have not seen any evidence of who had the gun. The video that was posted in this thread showed two men with cell phones. One even puts it to his ear.

YOUR VIDEO DOES NOT HAVE THE STORE OWNER IN IT! From the jump I said SOMEBODY shot at the police! Only a complete idiot would come to the conclusion that the person who got shot was the shooter. The police heard gun shots, shot back blindly, and a man who had been friendly to the police was shot and killed. You and @dannno are not even attempting at being honest.
    I usually agree with you and almost never with Dannno but I believe this time, he is right and you are wrong. The cop friendly chef blindly shot at the police and they happened to return fire with pin point accuracy killing him. If he was really police friendly, he would have tried to diffuse the crisis instead of inflame it.

Sad he had to die, but if you plan of shooting at the police, you better plan on them returning fire. Hate the police all you want but do understand that they too want to return home safely to their wives and kids.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I usually agree with you and almost never with Dannno but I believe this time, he is right and you are wrong. The cop friendly chef blindly shot at the police and they happened to return fire with pin point accuracy killing him. If he was really police friendly, he would have tried to diffuse the crisis instead of inflame it.

Sad he had to die, but if you plan of shooting at the police, you better plan on them returning fire. Hate the police all you want but do understand that they too want to return home safely to their wives and kids.
    So you now think BBQ tongs are firearms?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...staurant-owner

https://myviralresponse.blogspot.com...to-try-to.html

Edit: I'm not trying to be mean. But you are not being objective. Re-watch your own video. At 1:13 Mr. McAtee walks in with something that looks like a gun. But a 1:15 you can tell they are BBQ tongs. At nowhere in the video can you see anything that can possibly be a gun. At 2:28 he holds his hand up in the air but you can't see anything past his shoulder. His are is high up in the air like he's waving at something. It's not level like he is shooting. Right after that he is shot. When he comes back in he is clutching his just. There is no gun in his hand.

This is not about "hating the police." It's about telling the truth. And what you are pushing now is a lie. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were just mistaken. But that's one helluva mistake. I've given you a minute by minute breakdown of the video that YOU posted! And even @dannno has now backed off from the false claim that Mr. McAtee shot at anyone. That's because that claim is not true. Not even close. Quit peddling something that is provably false.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 06-18-2020 at 03:26 PM.

So you now think BBQ tongs are firearms?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...staurant-owner

https://myviralresponse.blogspot.com...to-try-to.html

Edit: I'm not trying to be mean. But you are not being objective. Re-watch your own video. At 1:13 Mr. McAtee walks in with something that looks like a gun. But a 1:15 you can tell they are BBQ tongs. At nowhere in the video can you see anything that can possibly be a gun. At 2:28 he holds his hand up in the air but you can't see anything past his shoulder. His are is high up in the air like he's waving at something. It's not level like he is shooting. Right after that he is shot. When he comes back in he is clutching his just. There is no gun in his hand.

This is not about "hating the police." It's about telling the truth. And what you are pushing now is a lie. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were just mistaken. But that's one helluva mistake. I've given you a minute by minute breakdown of the video that YOU posted! And even @dannno has now backed off from the false claim that Mr. McAtee shot at anyone. That's because that claim is not true. Not even close. Quit peddling something that is provably false.
    I have since looked at the evidence and I don't have any solid evidence that he had a gun on him that fateful night. I thought people were saying that he shot his gun to protect his niece. I didn't even know that point was being disputed.

If(and it looks like) he didn't have a gun on him, then you are correct. I was operating under the impression that he shot the cop and they shot by.

Total lie as shown by the videos you have put up. You and @dannno should e ashamed! The video YOU put up only confirms what was in the OP which is that somebody shot at the police. The police fired back blindly. A man who had been friendly to the police is now dead.
    Why are you trying to convince a few people on RPF of the actual narrative when half the country thinks that the cop purposely shot him because he was black, which clearly does not fit the narrative that you are portraying?

Why are you trying to convince a few people on RPF of the actual narrative when half the country thinks that the cop purposely shot him because he was black, which clearly does not fit the narrative that you are portraying?
    Half the country doesn't even know about this story. It's not one of the "big three" this cycle. (Ahmad Arbery, Breona Taylor, George Floyd). And seriously I posted what should have been a non-controversial story here. You decided to be an ass about it.

Divisive: "Black restaurant owner who gave police free meals shot dead by cops"
    Objective: "Man killed in shootout with police"

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Divisive: "Black restaurant owner who gave police free meals shot dead by cops"
    Objective: "Man killed in shootout with police"
    Your thought police tactics come from Marxists. You know that right? The story is the story. I'm not some politically correct boob you can push around bub. I don't believe in that color blind bvllshyt and I don't think you do either. I didn't see you complaining about @AntiFederalist's thread about white people killed by police.

Edit: And your title doesn't even tell a quarter of the story. This wasn't just some man killed by the police. He was a man that supported the police. So take your thought control and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast