Thread: Power Outage Leads To Extreme "Zombie Alert" In Florida City

Power Outage Leads To Extreme "Zombie Alert" In Florida City

Lake Worth, Florida falsely sent out a “zombie alert” during a power outage causing some concern among residents. The Lake Worth community Facebook page claims the message was “unintended.”

The message was sent during a power outage at about 1:45 a.m., but it contained the additional warning of a “zombie alert for Lake Worth and Terminus,” potentially referencing the city in the zombie TV show “The Walking Dead.”
    The notice declared: “There are now far less than seven-thousand-three-hundred-eighty customers involved due to extreme zombie activity.”

Lake Worth’s announcement was apologized for in their Facebook post.
    “We are looking into reports that the system mentioned zombies,” said Ben Kerr, the city’s public information officer, in the post.
    “I want to reiterate that Lake Worth does not have any zombie activity currently and apologize for the system message.”
    According to the post,Kerr said 7,880 customers were affected and that power was restored within only 27 minutes.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...t-florida-city
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @pcosmar Any solid theories to what a zombie alert is? I don't think it's a hoax, I think its a sick test to see what people do.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 05-22-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Beat Em, or Burn Em

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    @pcosmar Any solid theories to what a zombie alert is? I don't think it's a hoax, I think its a sick test to see what people do.
    If someone went out shooting crack heads could they claim innocence because of government culpability?

I've never tried crack, but if it makes people zombies... I mean zombies are less than animals, I think we can all agree...

Seriously, if the Army's training trolls, aren't zombie alerts trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    Zombie Preparedness

https://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombie/index.htm

ask a silly question,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Zombie Preparedness

https://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombie/index.htm

ask a silly question,,
    I still think its code.

“I want to reiterate that Lake Worth does not have any zombie activity currently and apologize for the system message.”
    ...So they expecting such activity to occur, just not at this time though. Ahummm...
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A confirmed source said that Nancy Pelosi is in favor of protected status for zombies. It is rumored that last election a zombie was on the democratic POTUS ticket.