Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVE Active Shooter Event in Santa Fe High School

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The police chief criticized the typical gun-rights drumbeat he hears in the wake of mass shootings like the one in Santa Fe, and the many others before it.
    "I know some have strong feelings about gun rights," Acevedo said, "but I want you to know I've hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue."
    That part right there SHOULD lead to his immediate dismissal. "I know some of you care about your Rights and the Supreme Law of The Land, but I do not", says the $#@!ing Chief of Police openly and without fear of any repercussion.

That, boys and girls, is how you know your nation is $#@!ED.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Acevado... Now that name sounds familiar.

Oh yeah.

The Art Acevedo Defense: At Least My Minions Didn't Rape Her
    4 years ago wow
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

The suspect in Friday's school shooting may be considered an adult in Texas state courts, but he cannot face the death penalty, according to a 2005 federal Supreme Court ruling.

For 100 years, Texas has considered 17-year-olds to be adults when they commit crimes, according to research from The Marshall Project. And Dimitrios Pagourtzis was charged Friday as an adult with capital murder and aggravated assault on a peace officer.

But the 2005 high court ruling that bans execution of criminals younger than 18 and a 2012 ruling about juveniles facing life in prison mean that Pagourtzis could be up for parole after 40 years.

“The courts ruled based on the idea that those 17 and younger don’t have the cognitive development to appreciate right from wrong,” said Michael Radelet, a University of Colorado at Boulder sociology professor who has testified in more than 75 death-penalty cases.

More at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lty/626609002/

“The courts ruled based on the idea that those 17 and younger don’t have the cognitive development to appreciate right from wrong,”
    But we should let them dictate public policy and even vote?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

But we should let them dictate public policy and even vote?
    Consenting investors are the only ones who should really be allowed to vote..
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The police chief criticized the typical gun-rights drumbeat he hears in the wake of mass shootings like the one in Santa Fe, and the many others before it.
    "I know some have strong feelings about gun rights," Acevedo said, "but I want you to know I've hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue."

More at: http://www.businessinsider.com/houst...18-5?r=UK&IR=T
    Well listen here, shtbag: I'm not really interested in your views on this issue, either.

Time's a comin'...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ng-dan-patrick

Santa Fe High: Texas lieutenant governor blames shooting on “too many entrances”

After Friday’s shooting at Santa Fe High School, in which at least 10 people were killed and another 10 wounded, several of the state’s leading politicians — Gov. Greg Abbott, Sen. Ted Cruz, and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick — gave a press conference to talk about the tragedy.

It was a sober affair until Patrick took the mic.

The lieutenant governor, a social conservative firebrand who recently pushed to allow concealed carry in churches, listed off a series of what he called “outside the box” ideas for stopping school shootings. These included having students enter schools at different times (so there’d be fewer crowds to shoot at), parents doing a better job locking up their guns, and, most remarkably, limiting the number of doorways into schools.

There are too many entrances and too many exits to our over 8,000 campuses,” Patrick said. “There aren’t enough people to put a guard at every entry and exit.”

There are a number of practical problems with this idea. If you have a mass shooter in the building, you don’t want to trap people in the building. It’s not obvious that security guards would be able to spot someone concealing a weapon even if they were at every door; in fact, there were two armed guards at Santa Fe on Friday. And closing most of the entryways to a school would create a serious fire hazard.
    Two armed guards were already at the school at the time. Guess that rules out "shooters only go after unarmed gun free zones".

More at link.

https://radio.foxnews.com/2018/05/18...r-peril-signs/

Sen. Rand Paul on Santa Fe Shooting: Arm Teachers, Hang “Enter At Your Peril” Signs

Senator Rand Paul sat down with Tom Shillue as news broke of a shooting at a high school in Santa Fe, Texas.

Paul, who used to live miles from the small Texas town, said these incidents would be less common if potential shooters knew schools were more secure.

By arming teacher and hiring security guards, Sen. Paul believes shooters would be less likely to target schools. And to make it clear to a mass murderer that a school isn't a soft target, Paul suggested hanging signs that say, "enter at your own peril".
    Again, this school already had two armed guards. Is Rand calling for an expanded police state?
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Again, this school already had two armed guards. Is Rand calling for an expanded police state?
    He has before.

But this is the direction these events are meant for.. and they are not "Random".. They are deliberate and planed with a purpose. What you are seeing is the result,, The Purpose..

Drones for Police is a Bad idea too.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Two armed guards were already at the school at the time. Guess that rules out "shooters only go after unarmed gun free zones".
    That argument has never been made. You can search the forum far and wide. Even the Florida shooting had an armed guard, but it was still a gun free zone. The argument is always "shooters go after gun free zones"

A gun free zone is one where which civilians, such as teachers, are prevented from being armed.

The argument is that if teachers were allowed to arm themselves, if they choose, then students would be less likely to shoot up a school and if they did the kids would have more people to defend them and a greater chance of survival.

Why you have to come here and mischaracterize Rand Paul is beyond me.

Sen. Rand Paul: Let's arm teachers

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...chers/1843003/
    Last edited by dannno; 05-20-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    He has before.
    Link?

http://time.com/3111474/rand-paul-ferguson-police/

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    That argument has never been made. You can search the forum far and wide. Even the Florida shooting had an armed guard, but it was still a gun free zone. The argument is always "shooters go after gun free zones"

A gun free zone is one where which civilians, such as teachers, are prevented from being armed.

The argument is that if teachers were allowed to arm themselves, if they choose, then students would be less likely to shoot up a school and if they did the kids would have more people to defend them and a greater chance of survival.
    Did that work in this case? Most school shootings are because the shooter had a beef with somebody at the school- not because there would be no other guns around (tens of thousands of schools have no armed people there and don't experience shootings).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Did that work in this case?
    It was a gun free zone, teachers were not allowed to be armed.

Every public school is a gun free zone.

Stop obfuscating and mischaracterizing.

I made an addendum to my last post you quoted also.

Did that work in this case? Most school shootings are because the shooter had a beef with somebody at the school- not because there would be no other guns around (tens of thousands of schools have no armed people there and don't experience shootings).

Statement from GOA:

Just ask yourself, do you think most Americans heard that a school resource officer used gun to stop school shooter in Illinois this week?

Or did they see the dramatic video of a Brazilian mom -- who was also an off-duty cop -- who used her concealed firearm to stop a school shooter in Sao Paulo?

And what about the other positive examples where guns have been used to save lives all across the country, such as here, here and here?

Do you think most Americans heard that a Florida man used his AR-15 about a month ago to stop seven intruders in his home?

Of course not. The media ignores these positive uses of firearms. And then when a tragedy like today occurs, they say, "Here we go again."

But they can only maintain their "here we go again" mantra by ignoring the beneficial uses of guns in America.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was a gun free zone, teachers were not allowed to be armed.

Every public school is a gun free zone.

Stop obfuscating and mischaracterizing.

I made an addendum to my last post you quoted also.
    It was known to all that there were armed guards at the school. That did not deter the shooter.

Statement from GOA:
    Did the presence of other guns deter the shooter from firing in the first place? No. That is not show ending gun free zones will end shootings. (I am not arguing against owning guns).

Rand agrees actually.

"Is there a way to make man peaceful? Probably not, but I think at the same time there are some reasonable things we can look at. I think there is going to be a great deal of discussion on whether or not we should allow something that's legal to be turned into something illegal."

Paul went on to say that even if stricter regulations were in place, there was likely no rule that could have stopped Paddock.
    That was in response to the Florida shooting. http://wjla.com/news/connect-to-cong...sue-10-08-2017

He has also said: http://wjla.com/news/connect-to-cong...sue-10-08-2017

“We get so distracted in the debate of banning guns that we don’t have the debate we should have,” Paul added. He then mentioned that there is a difference between “crazy people with guns” and “the rest of us.”
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2018 at 02:44 PM.

It was known to all that there were armed guards at the school. That did not deter the shooter.
    Not all tragedies can be averted zip, but more guns = less crime.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not all tragedies can be averted zip, but more guns = less crime.
    School shootings are thankfully rare (though they get lots of publicity). There aren't ways you can legislate and prevent them. More guns. Less guns.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2018 at 02:47 PM.

School shootings are thankfully rare (though they get lots of publicity). There aren't ways you can legislate and prevent them. More guns. Less guns.
    Less guns = more crime
    More guns = less crime
    Deterrence can't be perfect but it is effective.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Less guns = more crime
    More guns = less crime
    So if the government gave everybody a gun there would be zero crime?

"With more weapons, there would be no more wars". (guns on a global scale).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2018 at 03:01 PM.

So if you stopped using logical fallacies your rep bar would go to green?

"With more weapons, there would be no more wars". (guns on a global scale).
    Originally Posted by Swordsmyth

Less guns = more crime
    More guns = less crime
    Without guns there would be more crime, in ancient times the strong could prey upon the weak with impunity, edged weapons altered that equation but strength and skill still gave a great enough advantage to be tempting, guns allow any potential victim to point and click to deliver death to an assailant, it changes the calculation much more than edged weapons did.
    Guns prevent much more crime than they facilitate, you must remember that most of the crimes in which guns are used would have taken place without them but most of the crimes they prevent wouldn't have been prevented without them.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 05-20-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    strong could prey upon the weak with impunity,
    They still do.

They still do.
    You should make a habit of forcing yourself to read the entire post that you reply to.

Let me help:

Edged weapons altered that equation but strength and skill still gave a great enough advantage to be tempting, guns allow any potential victim to point and click to deliver death to an assailant, it changes the calculation much more than edged weapons did.
    Guns prevent much more crime than they facilitate, you must remember that most of the crimes in which guns are used would have taken place without them but most of the crimes they prevent wouldn't have been prevented without them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Did the presence of other guns deter the shooter from firing in the first place? No. That is not show ending gun free zones will end shootings. (I am not arguing against owning guns).
    Actually you are wrong, the Aurora movie theater shooter could have shot up at least one theater that was closer to his house (I think there may have even been multiple) but those theathers allowed people to bring in concealed guns. So he skipped over those and went to the closest theater that was a gun free zone.

Mass shootings almost always happen in gun free zones, where people are not allowed to arm themselves.

Houston Chief of Police Art Acevedo warned Sunday that “inaction of elected officials” against gun violence means there will be more school shootings like the one that killed nine students and a teacher last week in Santa Fe, Texas.

“People at the state level and the federal level in too many places in our country are not doing anything other than offering prayers,” Acevedo said on Sunday’s Face the Nation program.
    The “vast majority” of gun owners in the United States “are pragmatic and actually support gun sense and gun reform in terms of keeping guns in the right hands,” Acevedo said.
    “We need to start using the ballot box and ballot initiatives to take the matters out of the hands of people that are doing nothing that are elected into the hands of the people to see that the will of the people in this country is actually carried out.”
    Asked what specific laws could have prevented the Santa Fe shooting, where the shooter apparently used guns legally obtained by his father and no semi-automatic rifle was used, Acevedo urged tougher criminal liability for those who do not adequately secure their firearms.

More at: https://thinkprogress.org/houston-po...-6b55c393cc9e/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Link?
    "If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and $50 in cash, I don't care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him,"

Quote.. Rand Paul..
    That pissed me off before he voted to Fund a Foreign Hoax. (Iron Dome for Israel).

next?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Actually you are wrong, the Aurora movie theater shooter could have shot up at least one theater that was closer to his house (I think there may have even been multiple) but those theathers allowed people to bring in concealed guns. So he skipped over those and went to the closest theater that was a gun free zone.

Mass shootings almost always happen in gun free zones, where people are not allowed to arm themselves.
    Most mass shootings happen where there are large numbers of people. There are hundreds of thousands of "gun free zones" where there has not been a mass shooting.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...ones-debunked/

It’s an argument we hear frequently from gun rights activists and conservative lawmakers: Mass shooters select places to attack where citizens are banned from carrying firearms—so-called “gun-free zones.” All the available data shows that this claim is just plain wrong. As I reported in an investigation into nearly 70 mass shootings in the United States over three decades, there has never been any known evidence of gun laws influencing a mass shooter’s strategic thinking. In fact, the vast majority of the perpetrators have indicated other specific motivations for striking their targets, such as employment grievances or their connection to a school.

Most recently, the marquee villain used to decry gun-free zones is James Holmes, who is currently on trial for the July 2012 massacre in Aurora, Colorado. “Out of all the movie theaters within 20 minutes of his apartment showing the new Batman movie that night, it was the only one where guns were banned,” Fox News pundit John Lott wrote not long after the attack. “So why would a mass shooter pick a place that bans guns? The answer should be obvious, though it apparently is not clear to the media—disarming law-abiding citizens leaves them as sitting ducks.”

Now, with the release this week of a detailed handwritten diary that Holmes kept before the attack, we know that there is no evidence to support Lott’s widely parroted claim.

The diary includes five pages in which Holmes laid out his strategy for attacking the Cinemark theater complex. Under the header “Case the Place,” he drew maps and diagrams accompanied by many tactical notes regarding where victims would be located and how they would potentially react. “South side of theater optimal,” he wrote, noting its “15 screens.” He zeroed in on theaters 10 and 12 as the “best targets in complex” and marked the “best parking spot” for his car. Among his lists of “pros” and “cons,” he observed that theater 10 would have “many initial persons packed in single area.” He assessed the many doors and hallways through which people would try to escape.

Nowhere in any of this extensive planning did Holmes make reference to gun regulations at the theater or the potential for moviegoers to be armed. Moreover, he had every expectation that he would not get away with his crime. In one sketch, he drew two other locations not far from the theater: the Aurora Police Department and a Colorado National Guard facility. “ETA response [approximately] 3 mins,” he noted. In his list of possible methods of attack, where he checked off mass murder using firearms as his choice, he also wrote “being caught 99% certain.”

Additional evidence from the trial underscores that Holmes clearly was not planning to avoid getting shot, killed, or apprehended. On an AdultFriendFinder.com profile he filled out shortly before the shooting, he wrote: “Will you visit me in prison?”
    More including copies of his notes at link.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Every one of these mass shootings have one thing in common.

A common denominator. (SSRI Drugs)

They also share another common and historically searchable similarity.. a history of contact with disreputable agencies.

|Terrorist Plots, Hatched by the F.B.I.

THE United States has been narrowly saved from lethal terrorist plots in recent years — or so it has seemed. A would-be suicide bomber was intercepted on his way to the Capitol; a scheme to bomb synagogues and shoot Stinger missiles at military aircraft was developed by men in Newburgh, N.Y.; and a fanciful idea to fly explosive-laden model planes into the Pentagon and the Capitol was hatched in Massachusetts.

But all these dramas were facilitated by the F.B.I., whose undercover agents and informers posed as terrorists offering a dummy missile, fake C-4 explosives, a disarmed suicide vest and rudimentary training. Suspects naïvely played their parts until they were arrested.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/o...y-the-fbi.html

When hasn't the government been behind stupid $#@!?

Why would I think that they are not pushing an agenda that they are very clearly following?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ays/626861002/

No indications latest shooter was on any meds.

Texas school shooting: Gunman targeted my daughter because she rejected him, grieving mom says

The family of one of the victim's in the Texas high school shooting says they believe their daughter was targeted because she repeatedly rejected the gunman's advances to date her.

Shana Fisher, a 16-year-old student, was one of the 10 killed in Friday's attack at Santa Fe High School. Her mother said the shooting followed four months of advancements from the suspected gunman, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, which could point to a potential motive.

She "had four months of problems" with Pagourtzis, her mother, Sadie Rodriguez, told the Los Angeles Times. "He kept making advances on her and she repeatedly told him no."

But Pagourtzis continued to get more aggressive, Rodriguez said.

A week before the shooting, Fisher embarrassed him in front of others in a class by standing up and telling Pagourtzis that she wouldn't go out with him, Rodriguez told CNN.

Police haven't released a motive in the attack, but after Pagourtzis was arrested he told officers that he targeted students he didn't like and wanted his story told, according to an affidavit filed in Galveston County court.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2018 at 05:17 PM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    .usatoday.
    A whole story based on what some girls parents believe.

The family of one of the victim's in the Texas high school shooting says they believe their daughter was targeted
    and how is it relevant?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    A whole story based on what some girls parents believe.

and how is it relevant?
    Any links to him being on meds?

His attorney says there were none. https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/repo...ea-high-school

Poehl said Saturday that there was no history of mental health issues with Pagourtzis, though there may be "some indications of family history." He said it was too early to elaborate.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast