Thread: David Allan Coe is now a convicted felon

David Allan Coe is now a convicted felon

“Outlaw” country singer David Allan Coe is now a convicted felon.

The “Take This Job and Shove It” singer has been ordered to pay the IRS more than $980,000 after pleading guilty to tax evasion and failing to pay $466,000 in back taxes, interest and penalties, prosecutors said.

Coe, 76, was also sentenced Monday in Cincinnati federal court to three years’ probation.

The singer pleaded guilty last year to one count of impeding and obstructing administration of tax laws.

Federal prosecutors said the singer played more than 100 concerts a year between 2008 and 2013, but asked to be paid in cash to avoid paying Uncle Sam.

Coe wouldn’t take $50 bills, however, because “he believed they were bad luck and would not gamble with them,” according to the tax agency.

“Mr. Coe chose to impede and obstruct the due administration of the IRS in an effort to brush aside his duty to file and pay taxes and is now a convicted felon,” said Kathy Enstrom, IRS Special Agent in Charge.
    http://nypost.com/2016/06/14/david-a...576.1465831732
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    god damn it. i like his music

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    god damn it. i like his music
    Me, too.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Just ask ole' Willie bout the IRS.. ~ The Bellamy Brothers
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Johnny Paycheck sang Take This Job and Shove It. Coe wrote it...
    I wonder how much of that figure is actual taxes owed?

The only song I ever sang Karaoke to was "She never even called me by my name".

Good on 'im for not paying taxes. If that ain't country, I'll kiss your ass.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    Just ask ole' Willie bout the IRS.. ~ The Bellamy Brothers
    No doubt. They are thieves.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I ain't even gonna post his best..

Screw em Sir,, Screw Em.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Screw em Sir,, Screw Em.
    Not much more truly American than tax evasion,,
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Kathy Enstrom is a bitch... TAXATION IS THEFT!!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Willie Nelson composed an album based on his IRS experience. I think it was called the IRS Tapes.

Charlie Sheen had that show called Anger Management. I might guess some clown-in-gown included "anger management" in his sentence (but I am not sure about that).

There must be other famous people who have capitalized on all this government abuse. At least they sort of turn the tables and make money off it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Well, if he wasn't a figure to call thousands of rednecks to protect him and his property from the pecker-gnats then there ain't many others. He gave up way too easily.

He played in S.C. at the House of Blues during the 2008 Rep. Debate and was a part of me and the ole ladies beach week. I wore a Ron Paul t-shirt and remember a lot of individuals saying they liked him. I also remember the blimp. Good week at the beach.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 06-14-2016 at 10:27 PM.

Screw em Sir,, Screw Em.
    Maybe not necessarily his best, definitely NSFW, but I like his style.

Last edited by phill4paul; 06-14-2016 at 10:53 PM.

How long since he filed a tax return? Are they only collecting starting 2008?

John Mcafee has gone on record saying he stopped filing income taxes a few years ago.

Just curious how long it took the IRS to catch up with him.

Coe could have actually conducted a stand-off that would have been more successful than the Browns. It could have been epic.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Coe could have actually conducted a stand-off that would have been more successful than the Browns. It could have been epic.
    Indeed. The rednecks would've come out in droves and they're well armed.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Indeed. The rednecks would've come out in droves and they're well armed.
    They would have come in droves, brought food, 'shine and firearms, he could have been the "'Murikan Mecca" for "Don't Tread steal on me." Honestly. It would have been bigger than the Bundy's.

@pcosmar,

"Jimmy Buffett Doesn't Live In Key West Anymore"

This song is for all the people that's been reviewing our records in different magazines and things and say we sound a lot like Jimmy Buffett because we live in Key West and use Congo drums in our songs. For all those people that live in Key West and are under the misconception that Mr. Buffett live in Key West
    We'd like to say there's a lot of things in Key West, as a matter of fact,

There's sailboats and conch shells and palm trees galore,
    But Jimmy Buffett doesn't live in Key West anymore
    Sister spare change has a bumper sticker on the door
    Says Jimmy Buffett doesn't live in Key West any more

Hey smugglers need those Buffett songs, snitching on the sly
    Bringing heat where it's already to damn hot to die
    Son of a son of a son of bitch, what's all that bull$#@! for
    Jimmy Buffett doesn't live in Key West anymore

Sailing to the Caribbean Jimmy might well be
    Pictures up in Rollin' Stone for all the world to see
    The rich keep getting richer, the poor they just stay poor
    Jimmy Buffett doesn't' live in Key West anymore

Now Jimmy's moved to Malibu with all those other stars
    He's not down on Duval Street hangin' out in bars
    All them God damned tourist, got to be a bore.
    Jimmy Buffett doesn't live here any more

So don't tell me I sound like Jimmy Buffett
    Just because I got that island beat
    Jimmy might have grown up on the ocean
    Me, I kinda grown up on the street
    Music's just a way of life, me I'm livin' free
    Don't lay all that Key West Jimmy Buffett $#@! on me

Now Divers Do It Deeper must have really made them mad
    Some of them reviewers said it really sounded bad
    Well they liked Margaritaville, me I liked it too
    Someday Jimmy, why don't we just both get drunk and screw
    Oh those creepy Mother $#@!ers that think music is a whore
    Tell that you just don't live in Key West anymore

There's sailboats and conch shells and palm trees galore,
    But Jimmy Buffett doesn't live in Key West anymore
    Sister spare change has a bumper sticker on the door
    Jimmy Buffett, he don't live in Key West any more

Alright boys, sound like Jimmy Buffett now

Screw em Sir,, Screw Em.
    she f%@ked a
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Jamey Johnson kinda reminds me of him...just cleaner

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

i like his music....
    Hello all,

My name is Anurag, just join this forum. I am from India. I find this community as a source of knowledge. I hope I can make great contribution here.

Thanks for making me a part of this forum. Looking for your considerable reply.

Welcome, eduardo.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    @pcosmar,

Alright boys, sound like Jimmy Buffett now
    lol.. Gotta spread rep.

Got some stories,, but ain't gonna clutter this thread.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

A late bloomer. David has definitely pushed the envelope, in more ways than one.

David is pretty raw, but has some very good music. Another talented individual fallen victim to the IRS. Is an exchange really "income"? Was David just granted money without exchanging anything?

Fk the IRS.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    I wonder how much of that figure is actual taxes owed?
    Almost certainly very little, a very small percentage. The so-called "interest" and "penalties" typically add up very quickly. $3,000 turns into $30,000 turns into half a million. That's why the IRS is in no hurry initially to collect. Just let it stew for a few years. Let it turn into real money.

$466,000 in back taxes

$980,000 after pleading guilty to tax evasion ...(with)interest and penalties
    If course the the $466,00 is probably padded. If you've ever been audited, you know what I mean.

Just another day in the land of the free.

Oh, and $#@! you too, Kathy Enstrom.

Probably never done an honest day's work in her miserable life.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    she f%@ked a
    Sure is hard to figure...

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom