Thread: R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial, faces life in prison

Post R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial, faces life in prison

Don't recall seeing Mann Act being cited in any of the Epstein child sex offense cases reporting.
    Hopefully some journalist would ask Sens Rubio and Cruz how they view prosecution of this case. Rubio and Cruz had praised prosecutor Alex Acosta who had given a "sweet deal" to Jeffrey Epstein despite him facing serious child sex crimes charges spanning across multiple continents and involving powerful political figures.

How a future GOP Cabinet member gave a serial child sex abuser the deal of a lifetime
    Nov. 28, 2018
    miamiherald

Epstein could have gone to prison for life. But the Herald reported that Acosta, then Miami's top federal prosecutor, cut Epstein a deal that allowed the billionaire to avoid serious jail time and prevented his victims from testifying.

Alex Acosta, center, talks with Sens. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., left, and Ted Cruz, R-Texas, after the senators introduced him during his Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions confirmation hearing in Dirksen Building, March 22, 2017.
    A plea agreement with financier and sex offender Jeffrey Epstein that Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta had a part in when he was a U.S.attorney violated federal law, a judge ruled Thursday.

Rubio introduced Acosta at the cabinet nominee's confirmation hearing before the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee. During his confirmation vote, he praised Acosta as a "a brilliant legal mind."
    "With every challenge he has confronted throughout his distinguished career, he has demonstrated his ability to effectively tackle the problems at hand with ease," Rubio told the Senate.

Epstein was credibly accused of sexually abusing dozens of underage girls, as young as 13 to 16 years old. Police had built a strong case, documenting a scheme to lure teenage girls into Epstein's Palm Beach mansion with money to perform massages which often turned into sexual content.

"Not only would Epstein serve just 13 months in the county jail, but the deal — called a non-prosecution agreement — essentially shut down an ongoing FBI probe into whether there were more victims and other powerful people who took part in Epstein's sex crimes, according to a Miami Herald examination of thousands of emails, court documents and FBI records."

H/T Drudge:

Sep 27, 2021

R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial

By TOM HAYS and LARRY NEUMEISTER 36 minutes ago
    In this courtroom sketch, R. Kelly listens as the jury foreperson reads the verdict, Monday, Sept. 27, 2021, in New York. The R&B superstar known for his anthem "I Believe I Can Fly," was convicted in a sex trafficking trial after decades of avoiding criminal responsibility for numerous allegations of misconduct with young women and children. (AP Photo/Elizabeth Williams)

NEW YORK (AP) — R. Kelly, the R&B superstar known for his anthem “I Believe I Can Fly,” was convicted Monday in a sex trafficking trial after decades of avoiding criminal responsibility for numerous allegations of misconduct with young women and children.

A jury of seven men and five women found Kelly, 54, guilty of all nine counts, including racketeering, on their second day of deliberations. Kelly wore a face mask below black-rimmed glasses, remaining motionless with eyes downcast, as the verdict was read in federal court in Brooklyn.
    Prosecutors alleged that the entourage of managers and aides who helped Kelly meet girls — and keep them obedient and quiet — amounted to a criminal enterprise. Two people have been charged with Kelly in a separate federal case pending in Chicago.
    He faces the possibility of decades in prison for crimes including violating the Mann Act, an anti-sex trafficking law that prohibits taking anyone across state lines “for any immoral purpose.” Sentencing is scheduled for May 4.

One of Kelly’s lawyers, Deveraux Cannick, said he was disappointed and hoped to appeal.
    “I think I’m even more disappointed the government brought the case in the first place, given all the inconsistencies,” Cannick said.
    Several accusers testified in lurid detail during the trial, alleging that Kelly subjected them to perverse and sadistic whims when they were underage.
    For years, the public and news media seemed to be more amused than horrified by allegations of inappropriate relationships with minors, starting with Kelly’s illegal marriage to the R&B phenom Aaliyah in 1994 when she was just 15.

Related

On Stallone's request, Trump pardons Jack Johnson erasing conviction for violating Mann Act
    05/25/2018
    President Donald Trump posthumously pardoned Jack Johnson on Thursday, erasing the black boxer’s century-old conviction for violating the Mann Act — a 1910 law that prohibited transporting “any woman or girl” across state lines “for the purpose of prostitution or debauchery, or for any other immoral purpose” — by driving his white girlfriend from Pittsburgh to Chicago.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Although both R Kelly and Epstein are minorities, the difference in prosecution may be due to one of the two being disproportinally well-connected to powerful figures like Bill Clinton, Israeli PM Ehud Barack, UK's royal prince, US taxpayers funded Israel-Palestine mideast "peace drama" officials etc.
    This old NYT report also seems to confirm lack of Mann Act citation in case of some deep neecons fave Epstein, perhaps his planes didn't cross state lines somehow or the olden 1910 Mann Act only applied to crossing of state lines by road:

Jeffrey Epstein Case

Jeffrey Epstein's Pilots Are Subpoenaed in Sex Trafficking Case
    nytimes
    Jul 26, 2019 — The indictment charging Mr. Epstein with sex trafficking and conspiracy does not include violations of the Mann Act, suggesting prosecutors ...

R Kelly Case
    "He faces the possibility of decades in prison for crimes including violating the Mann Act, an anti-sex trafficking law that prohibits taking anyone across state lines “for any immoral purpose.” Sentencing is scheduled for May 4."

Another stupid Vent thread from Enhanced Deficit. He and his employer never miss an opportunity to link any story to Israel.

Hey, I should do the same. How about:

I ran out of shampoo today and China is no good!

I ate the worst cereal today. Damn Canadians!

It's going to rain today. I hate those Bolivians!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    It's going to rain today. I hate those Bolivians!
    After random emotional outbursts in numerous discussions on Israel, deep neocons lobbies pushing misguided wars (non-parasitic factions), LGBTQ civil rights etc, finally you built up the courage to state what you were trying to object to in other threads in roundabout way of trying to get personal with other forum members and by repeatedly using racial slurs.
    Gotta try to communicate directly in future if something needs to be objected to.

Trump calls on Ilhan Omar to resign from Congress for ‘anti-Semitism’
    February 12, 2019
    Omar, in her first term in the Congress, said Sunday on Twitter that the American Israel Public Affairs Committee pays lawmakers to be pro-Israel.

US also sends big bucks to towelhead countries. That sandnigger needs to go back where she came from.

No such thing as "anti-semitism." Stop using retarded words.
    "Off topic banter can be fun but main topic should not be completely ignored. Before such a leading question on a potentially triggering topic is tackled, why don't you first answer the above simple poll question.

Use of racial slurs while might provide a window into the mindset behind such statements, a collectivist mindset by definition cannot be a champion of "Liberty". Unless one happens to be a faux "liberty" champion of the JSM III mindset, a leading supporter of greed/racism motivated lies based Iraqi freedom war blunder and was given a pass perhaps because of his personal struggles.

Book Review: “Gook”: John McCain's Racism and Why It Matters
    "Asian Americans are one of the fastest growing minority populations in the United States. And the media’s choice to ignore or excuse McCain’s behavior is a painful reminder that Asians remain outsiders on the back steps of national American politics." "

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    After random emotional outbursts in numerous discussions on Israel, deep neocons lobbies pushing misguided wars (non-parasitic factions), LGBTQ civil rights etc, finally you built up the courage to state what you were trying to object to in other threads in roundabout way of trying to get personal with other forum members and by repeatedly using racial slurs.

I'd say my topic is mainer than your topic.

US also sends big bucks to towelhead countries. That sandnigger needs to go back where she came from.

No such thing as "anti-semitism." Stop using retarded words.
    Yeah, he definitely dropped the pretense. And why not? Anything goes at ronpaulnewsletter.com.

I guess he is kept around for the amusement value, being a stormfront troll who pretends to hunt trolls.

Uh oh. Blackie is off da plantation again. Blasio gonna have to up da vaccine bribe with more Colt 45.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 09-28-2021 at 01:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I assuned he was just trying to be dramatic as if braggadocio of using some "offensive" terms would make one look bold on an online forum. Thought he had said in the past that he was of Asian heritage unless confusing him with someone else with similar handle. Not that it matters.

Enough talk about people, now back to discussion of ideas, policies and tax payers funded public servants conduct.

Thanks for another great post, E_D.

Your posts are always well-researched, and I love the way you tie stories together and bring back things that we may have forgotten about from years past that may shed light on current happenings.

The Trumpers can't stand you, which is always a good sign.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 09-28-2021 at 01:57 PM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Thanks for another great post, E_D.

You're posts are always well-researched, and I love the way you tie stories together and bring back things that we may have forgotten about from years past that may shed light on current happenings.

The Trumpers can't stand you, which is always a good sign.
    I $#@!ing agree!

And I'm sick & tired of the name-calling & insults- if someone doesn't like a poster, put them on ignore.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL. I didn't expect to trigger any actual members here, but it was pleasantly riotous. Woo hoo!

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I'll bet R Kelley don't drink no Colt 45!