Thread: MAGA Candidates Clobber RINOs Across the Country, the Rig Fails or is Called Off

MAGA Candidates Clobber RINOs Across the Country, the Rig Fails or is Called Off

Fascinating. No doubt the RINO and DemoRat hacks were eager and willing to crush any Trump-endorsed candidate, but too many eyeballs were glued behind the curtain. Media frantically downplays what happened yesterday. November will be a bloodbath.

Reuters; Trump-backed candidates prevail in U.S. midterm primaries

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    November will be a bloodbath
    How do you figure?

Tudor Dixon won and is running against Wretched Gretchen in MI, as an example.

Great, she won the primary, and seems pretty solid.

Real Clear Politics has her beating Dixon in a head to head match up by as much as 37 points.

Wretched Gretchen could barbecue babies on her front lawn and still win with polling data like that.

Marxist democrats hold solid leads in the PA governor's and Senate races.

There are signs that the race for the House and Senate are getting very close, a "red wave" is by no means a sure thing.

Freedom is not popular at all.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Fascinating. No doubt the RINO and DemoRat hacks were eager and willing to crush any Trump-endorsed candidate.
    Maybe the RINOs were eager, but the Democrats were spending money to get the Trump-endorsed candidates nominated:

In risky midterm strategy, Democrats boost far-right candidate in Michigan race

Democrats spend over $1 million to boost Dan Cox, the Trump loyalist and 2020 election denier who just won the GOP primary for Maryland governor

Boosting of Doug Mastriano 'Paying Off' for Dems in Pennsylvania: Pollsters

Democrats spend millions on Republican primaries (Pritzker’s ad buy for the primaries was more than triple what Bailey had raised for his own campaign)

It worked for Claire McCaskill in 2012, and now it seems to be standard operating procedure (which I find hilarious given the noise the Democrats made about election interference in 2016)
    How I Helped Todd Akin Win — So I Could Beat Him Later

But I'm going to be able to laugh no matter which side wins in these contests in November.

Hey @PAF, even if you somehow believed in the legitimacy of electoral politics, what's your take on this? Democratic process? Will of the people? Or a primary process designed to present the general electorate with the worst options of each political party. ROTFLMAO!!
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Maybe the RINOs were eager, but the Democrats were spending money to get the Trump-endorsed candidates nominated:

Democrats spend over $1 million to boost Dan Cox, the Trump loyalist and 2020 election denier who just won the GOP primary for Maryland governor

Democrats spend millions on Republican primaries (Pritzker’s ad buy for the primaries was more than triple what Bailey had raised for his own campaign)

It worked for Claire McCaskill in 2012, and now it seems to be standard operating procedure (which I find hilarious given the noise the Democrats made about election interference in 2016)

But I'm going to be able to laugh no matter which side wins in these contests in November.

Hey @PAF, even if you somehow believed in the legitimacy of electoral politics, what's your take on this? Democratic process? Will of the people? Or a primary process designed to present the general electorate with the worst options of each political party. ROTFLMAO!!

Scum does rise to the top in the world of politics.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    How do you figure?

Tudor Dixon won and is running against Wretched Gretchen in MI, as an example.

Great, she won the primary, and seems pretty solid.

Real Clear Politics has her beating Dixon in a head to head match up by as much as 37 points.

Wretched Gretchen could barbecue babies on her front lawn and still win with polling data like that.

Marxist democrats hold solid leads in the PA governor's and Senate races.

There are signs that the race for the House and Senate are getting very close, a "red wave" is by no means a sure thing.

Freedom is not popular at all.
    As a resident of Michigan, I agree with this assessment. Unfortunately I don’t see Wretched Gretchen losing in the general. Uggh!

[...T]he Democrats were spending money to get the Trump-endorsed candidates nominated: [...]

[... E]ven if you somehow believed in the legitimacy of electoral politics, what's your take on this? Democratic process? Will of the people? Or a primary process designed to present the general electorate with the worst options of each political party. ROTFLMAO!!
    H.L. Mencken was a prophet.

(And this doesn't just apply to "the office [of the President]" / "the White House".)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    H.L. Mencken was a prophet.

(And this doesn't just apply to "the office [of the President]" / "the White House".)
    So was C.S. Lewis:

“I am a democrat [proponent of democracy] because I believe in the Fall of Man.

I think most people are democrats for the opposite reason. A great deal of democratic enthusiasm descends from the ideas of people like Rousseau, who believed in democracy because they thought mankind so wise and good that every one deserved a share in the government.

The danger of defending democracy on those grounds is that they’re not true. . . . I find that they’re not true without looking further than myself.

I don’t deserve a share in governing a hen-roost. Much less a nation. . . .

The real reason for democracy is just the reverse. Mankind is so fallen that no man can be trusted with unchecked power over his fellows. Aristotle said that some people were only fit to be slaves. I do not contradict him. But I reject slavery because I see no men fit to be masters.”

― C.S. Lewis

So that's what's going on.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's even worse than Democrats spending money to get MAGA-Republicans (what they call the Grand Qanon Party <GQP>) nominated ... there are fringe Democratic groups urging Democrats to just outright vote for the GQP candidates in Republican primaries.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Sure would be nice if democrats cared who made it to the top of their tickets. I confess I was going to vote for Tulsi in the GA primary in 2020 because out of all the dem candidates she seemed to be the only one who would dare to criticize Hillary and live to tell about it. However my calculated risk was based on who I thought was the 'best' alternative to Trump if the democrats won, not the worst.

(this is comparing democrats to democrats, of course, I still probably wouldn't have voted for Tulsi in the general election but I think she would have been much more sufferable than what we have now)

Me waiting on democrats to rise up against the establishment on their side:

Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-04-2022 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Madison_Lives View Post
    Fascinating. No doubt the RINO and DemoRat hacks were eager and willing to crush any Trump-endorsed candidate, but too many eyeballs were glued behind the curtain. Media frantically downplays what happened yesterday. November will be a bloodbath.

Reuters; Trump-backed candidates prevail in U.S. midterm primaries
    What all can you tell us about these so-called MAGA candidates besides the fact that Trump endorsed them?
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

I keep thinking of that scene from Moneyball where Billy Beane tells David Justice that the New York Yankees are paying him three and a half million dollars a year to play against them.

Last edited by Voluntarist; 08-04-2022 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KEEF View Post
    As a resident of Michigan, I agree with this assessment. Unfortunately I don’t see Wretched Gretchen losing in the general. Uggh!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Sure would be nice if democrats cared who made it to the top of their tickets. I confess I was going to vote for Tulsi in the GA primary in 2020 because out of all the dem candidates she seemed to be the only one who would dare to criticize Hillary and live to tell about it. However my calculated risk was based on who I thought was the 'best' alternative to Trump if the democrats won, not the worst.

(this is comparing democrats to democrats, of course, I still probably wouldn't have voted for Tulsi in the general election but I think she would have been much more sufferable than what we have now)

Me waiting on democrats to rise up against the establishment on their side:

I believe Whitmer ran unopposed in the primary. You’d think someone would run against the incumbents, but Democrats run a tight, authoritarian ship.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I believe Whitmer ran unopposed in the primary. You’d think someone would run against the incumbents, but Democrats run a tight, authoritarian ship.
    Same with Stacy Abrams in Georgia.

I'll give it to the GA GOP, there was at least a selection. Some races had a half dozen or more candidates running, but voter apathy during the primaries is a tough nut to crack. Then lo and behold everybody wants to b*tch and moan about how our choices suck in November. Well, it's not like the primaries are kept secret. People say they want a 3rd party— well don't bother if you don't give a sh*t who makes it through the primary, I say.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 08-04-2022 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.