Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sessions: DACA Being Rescinded

Sessions: DACA Being Rescinded

He's giving the official announcement right now.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Apparently, implementation is going to be delayed until some time next year, as expected, so we'll see what Congress does.

You know, now that Texas looks like this:

I bet it is going to wish it had more illegal immigrants around.

Honetly, DACA was probably one of the few good things Obama did. It didn't give citizenship to illegal immigrants who had been here since childhood, but it did give them the legal ability to work, pay taxes, and contribute to society. It was, in essence, the "green card with an asterisk" that Dr. Ron Paul has talked about for nearly a decade now that neither provided a pathway to citizenship nor made illegal immigrants eligible for federal welfare or student aid. And given the fact that Social Security is ready to implode you would think they wouldn't want to cut off some 1.7 million revenue streams for it.

The argument for DACA's constitutionality is a funny one coming from an authoritarian administration like Trump's. Of course the US Constitution doesn't give the federal government any power to regulate immigration, so that argument is moot. All we are doing is arguing if DACA is legal and technically it is so. That it is so has more to do with the problems of the US government -namely that the US Constitution and its limitations on federal governments is entirely ignored- is of course the real problem. But the solution to that problem would not be one that Trump or his nationalist cohorts want.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    The political gamesmanship the President put on display relative to DACA is an example of a “masterstroke”. First off, it must be noted that DACA will be ending after a six month delay. Why the six month delay? Good question, this might be why: Republicans running for primaries during 2018 will HAVE to discuss DACA as it will be a major talking point in both the media and in debates.

Republicans trying to win their primaries KNOW that the #MAGA base is strong and dedicated to “making America great again,” so these conservatives will have to prove their loyalty to the vision President Trump presented in 2016.

Mike Cernovich does a Scott Adams style 5d chess analysis, and discusses the moral dilemma that DACA presents.

https://www.pscp.tv/Cernovich/1lDGLkaoBRYKm?

Last edited by dannno; 09-05-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Honetly, DACA was probably one of the few good things Obama did.
    Bringing in MS-13 was a good thing
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

It is a mistake not to implement this immediately.

Six more months of these poor young illegals being deprived of their native cultures, customs, and language will delay their reintegration in their home countries.

It is pretty racist of these people who want DACA and amnesty to think that it is abuse for them to live in their home countries.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Honetly, DACA was probably one of the few good things Obama did. It didn't give citizenship to illegal immigrants who had been here since childhood, but it did give them the legal ability to work, pay taxes, and contribute to society. It was, in essence, the "green card with an asterisk" that Dr. Ron Paul has talked about for nearly a decade now that neither provided a pathway to citizenship nor made illegal immigrants eligible for federal welfare or student aid. And given the fact that Social Security is ready to implode you would think they wouldn't want to cut off some 1.7 million revenue streams for it.
    The unconstitutionality of it is that it didn't give that right to all immigrants, legal or illegal. I have had several families close to me who had a lot of trouble navigating the maze of paperwork, red tape, and legal fees and had to sacrifice a lot to make it happen. It took years.

I have no problem with people coming here to work or study as long as they are working and studying. Extend it to all or extend it to none.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    The unconstitutionality of it is that it didn't give that right to all immigrants, legal or illegal. I have had several families close to me who had a lot of trouble navigating the maze of paperwork, red tape, and legal fees and had to sacrifice a lot to make it happen. It took years.

I have no problem with people coming here to work or study as long as they are working and studying. Extend it to all or extend it to none.
    You are trying to argue with someone who uses a current weather event to make a long term policy argument.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Bringing in MS-13 was a good thing
    Legalize drugs. MS-13 will cease to be a problem. Got nothing to do with DACA.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post

The law as it is now gives the President broad powers to determine who and who isn't targeted for deportation.

Removal is a civil matter, and one of its principal features is the broad discretion exercised by immigration officials, who must decide whether to pursue removal at all. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), an agency within the Department of Homeland Security, is responsible for identifying, apprehending, and removing illegal aliens.

https://origin-www.bloomberglaw.com/...June_25_2012_C
    DHS decides who to tell ICE to remove or who not to remove. And who controls DHS? The US President.

I'm with you though in principle. Extend it to all.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    You are trying to argue with someone who uses a current weather event to make a long term policy argument.
    To reduce a hurricane that has wrecked entire major metropolitan areas across multiple states, leaving millions homeless and costing billions is a bit absurd. Especially since Texas was already experiencing a construction shortage from immigration crackdowns.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/02...crackdown.html

Legalize drugs. MS-13 will cease to be a problem. Got nothing to do with DACA.
    I have been advocating legalizing drugs for about 18 years.

I still don't think bringing MS-13 gang members here, in the mean time, is a good idea.

I still don't think bringing MS-13 gang members here, in the mean time, is a good idea.
    DACA doesn't apply to them anyways. To get listed as DACA you must pass a background check.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/c...sked-questions

You may request consideration of DACA if you:

Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;

Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;

Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;

Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;

Had no lawful status on June 15, 2012, meaning that:

You never had a lawful immigration status on or before June 15, 2012, or

Any lawful immigration status or parole that you obtained prior to June 15, 2012, had expired as of June 15, 2012;

Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a General Educational Development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and

Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    DACA doesn't apply to them anyways. To get listed as DACA you must pass a background check.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/c...sked-questions
    ...right

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-gang-members/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know, now that Texas looks like this:

I bet it is going to wish it had more illegal immigrants around.

The argument for DACA's constitutionality is a funny one coming from an authoritarian administration like Trump's. Of course the US Constitution doesn't give the federal government any power to regulate immigration, so that argument is moot. All we are doing is arguing if DACA is legal and technically it is so. That it is so has more to do with the problems of the US government -namely that the US Constitution and its limitations on federal governments is entirely ignored- is of course the real problem. But the solution to that problem would not be one that Trump or his nationalist cohorts want.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PierzStyx again."

As for the way Trump's rolled this out, pretending to suddenly care about constitutionality, and kicking it to Congress, well...

...obvious charade is obvious.

i would be willing to bet a hell of a lot more dreamers are serving and dying in our military than neocons and politicians kids .

It's funny how both sides think this is the end of DACA. Trump obviously wants to keep it.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Checkmate. This is a "screw you" to the Party leadership, perhaps for holding up his agenda. Many of the Republicans are on record condemning DACA. Now Trump has put passing new legislation on their shoulders. If they pass it people will be able to run to their right on immigration in the primaries. In the meantime, the media will hound them until they pass a bill.

They were probably planning on just calling out Trump for ending DACA and getting away with not having to pass anything. It's hilarious.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    It's funny how both sides think this is the end of DACA. Trump obviously wants to keep it.
    Wrong. Are you back on the CNN or something?

Trump wants to hold Congressional Reps responsible for their actions so that voters will know where they stand and can get rid of them in 2018 if they disagree with their decision on this issue.

He is helping drain the Congressional swamp of representatives who don't represent their constituents.

He is also acting in a Constitutional manner, which is not surprising to those of us who veered away from CNN logic during the election.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    As with most every political issue, I'd say Trump doesn't really care.

I'd say his goal here is to satisfy his base without totally enraging everyone else.

He's probably hoping Congress does nothing; then he say to his base that he killed it, and to everyone else that it's Congress's fault.

Banned

Blog Entries
    All we are doing is arguing.....
    "we"

again?

Geeze, you would think you'd be more careful after zippy slipped up.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good.

Seriously, good.

Get the $#@! out of my country.

We have a big enough problem with Communists, Christian Progressives and general $#@!s, without importing more.

Let them eat red meat!

The illegals were let in to provide more debt slave bodies for the bankers.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Wrong. Are you back on the CNN or something?

Trump wants to hold Congressional Reps responsible for their actions so that voters will know where they stand and can get rid of them in 2018 if they disagree with their decision on this issue.

He is helping drain the Congressional swamp of representatives who don't represent their constituents.

He is also acting in a Constitutional manner, which is not surprising to those of us who veered away from CNN logic during the election.
    He's going to hold the reps responsible by revisiting the issue if they don't?

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Here's a quote from the transcript of Sessions' announcement on this:
    To have a lawful system of immigration that serves the national interest, we cannot admit everyone who would like to come here. That is an open border policy and the American people have rightly rejected it.

Therefore, the nation must set and enforce a limit on how many immigrants we admit each year and that means all can not be accepted.
    So let's all agree to stop pushing the lie that this is just about illegal immigration and not a more general anti-immigration stance.

Here's another line from it:
    We inherited from our Founders—and have advanced—an unsurpassed legal heritage, which is the foundation of our freedom, safety, and prosperity.
    Ironic. Since the legal heritage we inherited from our founders was the very same one he calls "open borders" that he claims the American people have "rightly rejected."

Actually MS-13 has been here for years. Many of them were raised here.

Notice how any time libertarians advocate laissez faire immigration policies, where the government stays out of the way and lets people move freely where they will, engaging in commerce with one another according to the agreements the various parties make with each other apart from any direction by central managers in the regime, the alt-right crowd tries to turn it reframe that as us actively intervening and "bringing in" or "importing" people from other countries.
    Last edited by Superfluous Man; 09-07-2017 at 06:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast