Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official Comey Testimony Thread

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/872885766057340928
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Trumps lawyer on now - wont be taking questions

Live stream - http://video.foxnews.com/v/546452938...#sp=show-clips

C-SPAN https://www.c-span.org/video/?429730...testimony&live

Right now pointing out that Comey was one of the leakers and after being fired he authorized his friends to leak the memos.

Now over (2:35)

How are those leaks not a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    LOL, this $#@! is so absurd.

(Or perhaps Grand Guignol would be more appropriate ...)
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Cliff Notes

Comey: Lynch asked me to call email investigation a 'matter'

Comey: No, Trump Didn’t Tell Me To Stop The Investigation

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    McCain just isn't all there is he? Is there any "there", there?

All i could think while i watched that was how in the hell is he still holding public office? for the record, i refused to vote for him last time around and cast my vote for Ron Paul as a write in.

And while everyone is fixated on the Comey distraction crap, the rest of Congress is today taking up complete financial overhaul bills (H.R. 10 - Financial CHOICE Act of 2017, repeals Dodd-Frank, TBTF, etc) and Iran sanctions bills (S. 722 - Countering Iran's Destabilizing Activities of 2017, targeting Iran's missile program and designating Iran a terrorist nation).

When the media is wall-to-wall about one nothingburger topic like the Comey stuff, ya gotta watch what the other hand is doing!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulQsaKTwFKs

"Slightly cowardly"

"We are the FBI"

Hey, I didn't say it....
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Comey livestream-
    "the FBI will always be independent"

Well sure, by it's very nature.

FBI Mission statement:

Our Mission

To protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Well there ya go.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    The leaks of the memos that he wrote to himself?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    When this is all done, can someone either write or point to an article that contains whatever is important for us to know?
    I'm not digging through a whole stall full of $#@! to find one kernel of corn.
    this is all you need to know:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...are-wrong.html

Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    What I'm hearing is something like - he'd already been fired so his personal memos weren't government documents or classified - but not everyone is buying this. Trumps lawyer says it was "privileged communications".
    Last edited by Valli6; 06-08-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    McCain just isn't all there is he? Is there any "there", there?

Last edited by francisco; 06-08-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Lying Donald

"Those were lies" @2:47

"Honestly concerned he might lie" @3:55
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    That's a real good summary of the political theater for the day.
    So far I still haven't seen anything about this that really means anything.
    None of this is curtailing our liberties.
    None of this is expanding our liberties.
    It's just a sideshow.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Feinstein and Comey discussion is essentially about Comey talking about what he thinks that Trump was thinking. Is mind-reading valid testimony in court?
    So Comey can judge Trump's intentions, but when Clinton smashes blackberries with a hammer and wipes 33,000 subpoenaed emails, he can;t find "intent".

Alright america , time for you douchebags to quit calling it "senate intelligence" .
    Do something Danke

Time to offer Comey immunity in exchange for testimony against Lynch and Hillary.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump's personal lawyer to file complaint after Comey testimony

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urce-says.html

Prof. Jonathan Turley sees problems with Comey's leaks

(Jonathan Turley is a law scholar with libertarian leanings and a professor at George Washington University Law School. In 2011 he filed a challenge to the Libya war on behalf of 10 congressmen including Ron Paul, Walter Jones and Dennis Kucinich. When Ron Paul was asked during his presidential campaign, who he'd consider for a supreme court justice, Turley was one of the men Paul talked about. )

(excerpt)

The problem is that Comey’s description of his use of an FBI computer to create memoranda to file suggests that these are arguably government documents. Comey admitted that he thought he raised the issue with his staff and recognized that they might be needed by the Department or Congress. They read like a type of field 302 form, which are core investigatory documents.

The admission of leaking the memos is problematic given the overall controversy involving leakers undermining the Administration. Indeed, it creates a curious scene of a former director leaking material against the President after the President repeatedly asked him to crack down on leakers.

Besides being subject to Nondisclosure Agreements, Comey falls under federal laws governing the disclosure of classified and nonclassified information. Assuming that the memos were not classified (though it seems odd that it would not be classified even on the confidential level), there is 18 U.S.C. § 641 which makes it a crime to steal, sell, or convey “any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof.”

There are also ethical and departmental rules against the use of material to damage a former represented person or individual or firm related to prior representation. The FBI website states:

Dissemination of FBI information is made strictly in accordance with provisions of the Privacy Act; Title 5, United States Code, Section 552a; FBI policy and procedures regarding discretionary release of information in accordance with the Privacy Act; and other applicable federal orders and directives.”

(more) https://jonathanturley.org/2017/06/0...n-leaking-memo
    Last edited by Valli6; 06-09-2017 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Join the press and get to sit on the floor.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Comey livestream-
    "the FBI will always be independent"
    So will the Federal Reserve. How many of these "independent" agencies does the government have?

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/sta...56145666162691
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    What's the over/under on when the piss tape gets dropped?
    I see ample golden showers for you in the approaching future. It is going to beautiful for you. Lovely, just lovely. Spectacular in fact. Amazing, beautiful and spectacular, yes. (See what I did there.)
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast