Thread: Zionists Trying to Outlaw First Amendment Speech Against Israel. Rand?

Zionists Trying to Outlaw First Amendment Speech Against Israel. Rand?

from inbox:
    Dear -- ,We expect a vote soon on a bill that allows Congress a role in deciding what types of foreign policy activism aren’t protected by the First Amendment.The bill is called the Anti-Israel Boycott Act. An ACLU legal analysis opposing the legislation points out that the bill would “lead to new regulations imposing civil and criminal penalties for supporting” a boycott of companies doing business in Israel and the occupied territories.[1] Can you write today and tell Congress that they don't get to pick and choose when U.S. activists get to exercise their First Amendment rights?
    From boycotts of British goods during the struggle for U.S. independence, to Gandhi’s boycotts against colonial institutions in India, to the boycotts during the Civil Rights Movement, boycotts have been a powerful political tool for centuries. The Supreme Court has recognized this type of activity is protected under the First Amendment. This bill is especially pernicious because it is intended to support and protect businesses operating in the illegal settlements in the occupied territories. Human rights groups including Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch have long said that businesses in the settlement areas have fueled Israel’s violations of Palestinian rights.[2] Based on the language of the legislation it is clear that one goal of the bill is to make sure that U.S. businesses and nonprofits do not participate in the U.N. Human Rights Council’s effort to encourage boycotts of settlement businesses.[3] What happens if the bill becomes law? It’s hard to say. The bill’s sponsors argue that they aren’t out to penalize individuals for “noncommercial speech.” But since the bill criminalizes any US persons who “comply with, further, or support” certain boycotts and gives enforcement power to the Trump administration, it’s hard to know who the targets are. Write now to tell Congress you are not comfortable giving the Trump administration power to criminalize political action and political speech.
    Churches, schools, and other nonprofits are the types of organizations most likely to engage in politically motivated boycotts like potential boycotts of settlement goods. These not-for-profit organizations could be penalized for participating economically in boycotts. Leaders within those communities could be found to be breaking the law if boycotts are adopted. Regardless of how it is enforced, the law is clearly an effort to curtail First Amendment activity through intimidation. Please write today. Tell your members of Congress that you want the freedom to choose what political campaigns to participate in. Tell them it’s not Congress’ job to constrain your First Amendment rights.
    Thank you for all that you do for peace, Sincerely,Jon Rainwater
    Executive Director
    Peace Action

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You should be able to guess what Rand's position is (Nay), but I'm not aware of any public comments, at least not recently.

...I seem to remember something last year, but can't find it.

The bill has 57 co-sponsors at the moment (Rand obviously not among them):

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...720/cosponsors

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    You should be able to guess what Rand's position is (Nay), but I'm not aware of any public comments, at least not recently.

...I seem to remember something last year, but can't find it.

The bill has 57 co-sponsors at the moment (Rand obviously not among them):

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...720/cosponsors
    Thanks for link. So here's your short list for prosecution for treason:

Cosponsor Date Cosponsored
    Sen. Portman, Rob [R-OH]* 03/23/2017
    Sen. Nelson, Bill [D-FL] 03/27/2017
    Sen. Rubio, Marco [R-FL] 03/27/2017
    Sen. Menendez, Robert [D-NJ] 03/27/2017
    Sen. Collins, Susan M. [R-ME] 03/27/2017
    Sen. Blumenthal, Richard [D-CT] 03/27/2017
    Sen. Graham, Lindsey [R-SC] 03/28/2017
    Sen. Young, Todd C. [R-IN] 03/28/2017
    Sen. Boozman, John [R-AR] 03/28/2017
    Sen. Isakson, Johnny [R-GA] 03/28/2017
    Sen. Peters, Gary C. [D-MI] 03/28/2017
    Sen. Hatch, Orrin G. [R-UT] 03/30/2017
    Sen. Perdue, David [R-GA] 03/30/2017
    Sen. Roberts, Pat [R-KS] 03/30/2017
    Sen. Wicker, Roger F. [R-MS] 03/30/2017
    Sen. Hoeven, John [R-ND] 04/04/2017
    Sen. Cornyn, John [R-TX] 04/04/2017
    Sen. Fischer, Deb [R-NE] 04/04/2017
    Sen. Heller, Dean [R-NV] 04/24/2017
    Sen. Moran, Jerry [R-KS] 04/24/2017
    Sen. Crapo, Mike [R-ID] 04/24/2017
    Sen. Cantwell, Maria [D-WA] 04/24/2017
    Sen. Grassley, Chuck [R-IA] 04/25/2017
    Sen. Capito, Shelley Moore [R-WV] 04/26/2017
    Sen. Schumer, Charles E. [D-NY] 05/01/2017
    Sen. Ernst, Joni [R-IA] 05/01/2017
    Sen. Hassan, Margaret Wood [D-NH] 05/08/2017
    Sen. Lankford, James [R-OK] 05/16/2017
    Sen. Burr, Richard [R-NC] 05/17/2017
    Sen. Donnelly, Joe [D-IN] 05/23/2017
    Sen. Scott, Tim [R-SC] 05/25/2017
    Sen. Cruz, Ted [R-TX] 06/05/2017
    Sen. Manchin, Joe, III [D-WV] 06/05/2017
    Sen. Strange, Luther [R-AL] 06/05/2017
    Sen. McCaskill, Claire [D-MO] 06/06/2017
    Sen. Thune, John [R-SD] 06/12/2017
    Sen. Wyden, Ron [D-OR] 06/12/2017
    Sen. Sasse, Ben [R-NE] 06/15/2017
    Sen. Coons, Christopher A. [D-DE] 06/26/2017
    Sen. Bennet, Michael F. [D-CO] 07/12/2017
    Sen. Sullivan, Dan [R-AK] 07/12/2017
    Sen. Cassidy, Bill [R-LA] 07/18/2017
    Sen. Tillis, Thom [R-NC] 07/19/2017
    Sen. Cotton, Tom [R-AR] 07/19/2017
    Sen. Kennedy, John [R-LA] 07/25/2017
    Sen. Daines, Steve [R-MT] 08/01/2017
    Sen. Flake, Jeff [R-AZ] 08/02/2017
    Sen. Shelby, Richard C. [R-AL] 08/02/2017
    Sen. Gardner, Cory [R-CO] 09/25/2017
    Sen. Inhofe, James M. [R-OK] 10/17/2017
    Sen. Toomey, Pat [R-PA] 11/28/2017
    Sen. Rounds, Mike [R-SD] 03/05/2018
    Sen. Heitkamp, Heidi [D-ND] 03/06/2018
    Sen. Risch, James E. [R-ID] 03/06/2018
    Sen. Blunt, Roy [R-MO] 03/14/2018
    Sen. King, Angus S., Jr. [I-ME] 07/24/2018
    Sen. Hyde-Smith, Cindy [R-MS] 08/21/2018

WTF , what kind of weird $#@! is this ? Pretty sure I am not doing any business with companies in so called occupied territories , but I could care less if people do or do not . Not my business .
    Do something Danke

The House version has 290 co-sponsors, including virtually the entire House "Freedom" Caucus.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...697/cosponsors

Here are the HFC members co-sponsoring the bill (!):

Andy Biggs
    Rod Blum
    Dave Brat
    Mo Brooks
    Ken Buck
    Ted Budd
    Warren Davidson
    Ron DeSantis
    Scott DesJarlais
    Jess Duncan
    Matt Gaetz
    Tom Garrett
    Louie Gohmert
    Paul Gosar
    Andy Harris
    Jody Hice
    Jim Jordan
    Raul Labrador
    Debbie Lesko
    Mark Meadows
    Alex Mooney
    Ralph Norman
    Steve Pearce
    Scott Perry
    Bill Posey
    Randy Weber
    Ted Yoho

Notable HFC members not co-sponsoring the bill include: Thomas Massie, Justin Amash, and Mark Sanford.

So, it looks like it's going to sail through Congress.

The only "question" is whether Trump will sign it.

I wonder...

Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 09-20-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    WTF , what kind of weird $#@! is this ? Pretty sure I am not doing any business with companies in so called occupied territories , but I could care less if people do or do not . Not my business .
    Reading the actual bill says that it only applies to "international governmental organizations" such as the UN and EU.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Reading the actual bill says that it only applies to "international governmental organizations" such as the UN and EU.
    If it will put the UN out of business go for it , I was kind of thinking the EU would already be defunct by now .
    Do something Danke

It prohibits Americans from joining in a boycott called for by either "international government organizations" or foreign countries.

From the summary (the actual text is 'amend this, amend that," and basically unreadable w/out a lot of work I'm not inclined to do):

The bill prohibits any U.S. person engaged interstate or foreign commerce from supporting:

• any request by a foreign country to impose any boycott against a country that is friendly to the United States and that is not itself the object of any form of boycott pursuant to United States law or regulation, or
    • any boycott fostered or imposed by any international governmental organization against Israel or any request by any international governmental organization to impose such a boycott.
    So, any time the UN or some foreign country calls for a boycott, Americans would then be prohibited from boycotting - or so I read it.

And since the UN and/or some foreign country are pretty much always calling for boycotting Israel...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Key Takeaway: It will establish a federal DEFINITION of 'anti-semitism'
    It officially BLURS the line between 'politics' and bigotry. (It's working perfectly against Jeremy Corbyn/destroying the Labor Party)
    By simply accomplishing THAT... you can THEN hang ALL kinds of statutory and criminal laws downstream.

Latest leak from the censored Al Jazeera film, The Lobby -- USA.
    Trump official Kenneth Marcus wanted to prosecute students for protesting Israel.

Prosecuting Students for Protesting Israel

“Right now, the challenge is that there are people who say,
    ‘you know what, anti-Israel politics have nothing to do with anti-Semitism,’”
    “What you gotta show that they’re not the same,
    but they’re not entirely different either.”

“The goal is to have the federal government
    establish a definition of anti-Semitism
    that is parallel to the State Department definition,”

19 September 2018

Kenneth Marcus top civil rights enforcer at the US Department of Education
    wanted students in support of Palestinian rights to be criminally prosecuted.

Marcus was captured on camera during a September 2016 meeting
    with an undercover reporter working on Al Jazeera’s explosive documentary about the US Israel lobby.

The documentary has never been broadcast due to censorship by Qatar,
    which funds Al Jazeera, following pressure from pro-Israel organizations.

THEN, Marcus was director of the Louis D. Brandeis Center for Human Rights Under Law,
    an Israel lobby group that uses legal proceedings to harass and silence Israel’s critics.
    Marcus spearheaded the Israel lobby strategy of filing complaints to the Department of Education under Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act,
    claiming that universities fail to protect Jewish students by not cracking down on Palestine solidarity activism.

NOW, Marcus is the director of the Office for Civil Rights at the US Department of Education.
    This means he is now in charge of investigating alleged violations of the civil rights law.

He has quickly fulfilled the worst fears of civil liberties defenders by reopening a bogus complaint
    that was filed was against Rutgers University and was thrown out by the Office for Civil Rights in 2014 for lack of evidence.
    It was filed by the Zionist Organization of America (ZOA).

Marcus also informed the ZOA by letter that he has decided to enforce an official definition of anti-Semitism
    that conflates criticism of Israel and Zionism with anti-Jewish bigotry.

The move, made without public discussion or congressional notice,
    could have a profoundly chilling effect on academic freedom and free speech.

Demonizing campus activists

In the leaked video that can be watched at the top of this page, Marcus explains his lobby group’s strategy,
    which he is now using his government position to implement.

The full documentary shows how Marcus’ organization aims to demonize campus groups like Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP)
    that support BDS – boycott, divestment and sanctions – to hold Israel accountable.

“You have to show that they are racist hate groups, and that they are using intimidation to get funded,
    and to consistently portray them that way,”

The so-called State Department definition of anti-Semitism was originally adopted in 2010 and updated in early 2018.

It is substantially the same as the IHRA definition of anti-Semitism
    that Israel lobby groups pressured the UK’s Labour Party to adopt
    as part of their campaign to oust leader Jeremy Corbyn
    and curtail expressions of support for Palestinian rights.

The definition has been widely opposed for conflating
    criticism of Israel and Zionism, Israel’s state ideology,
    with anti-Jewish bigotry.

Even the definition’s lead author, former American Jewish Committee executive Kenneth Stern,
    strongly opposes efforts to enshrine the definition in legislation or university rule books, or to use it for enforcement,
    arguing that this would unconstitutionally infringe on free speech.
    Criminal prosecution

Students across the United States now face the perverse and dangerous situation
    where the most senior federal official entrusted with protecting their civil rights
    may use his position – in the interests of a foreign state –
    to press for their criminal prosecution
    merely for exercising their First Amendment rights.
    Last edited by goldenequity; 09-20-2018 at 01:56 PM.

It prohibits Americans from joining in a boycott called for by either "international government organizations" or foreign countries.

From the summary (the actual text is 'amend this, amend that," and basically unreadable w/out a lot of work I'm not inclined to do):

So, any time the UN or some foreign country calls for a boycott, Americans would then be prohibited from boycotting - or so I read it.

And since the UN and/or some foreign country are pretty much always calling for boycotting Israel...
    Please link me to where that is in the actual bill. thx.

Please link me to where that is in the actual bill. thx.
    Here's the summary that I quoted:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...enate-bill/720

Here's the actual bill text:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/720/text

Those are both for the Senate version, if it matters.

Thumbs up Walter B. Jones NOT a co-sponsor

The House version has 290 co-sponsors, including virtually the entire House "Freedom" Caucus.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...697/cosponsors

Notable HFC members not co-sponsoring the bill include: Thomas Massie, Justin Amash, and Mark Sanford.

No surprise but, Walter B. Jones is not a co-sponsor either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    No surprise but, Walter B. Jones is not a co-sponsor either.
    Good catch, I forgot to mention him, and yes, no surprise.

Scumbag zionists.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Here's the summary that I quoted:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...enate-bill/720

Here's the actual bill text:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...-bill/720/text

Those are both for the Senate version, if it matters.
    Paging Ben Swann.
    Ben Swann to the front desk please
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

I don't see this surviving a court challenge.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see this surviving a court challenge.
    Kavanugh's a big Bush guy, and now Trump guy, with both Bush and Trump being big Israel guys, so that's probably not helpful.

Kavanugh's a big Bush guy, and now Trump guy, with both Bush and Trump being big Israel guys, so that's probably not helpful.
    Gorsuch and the libs will sink it even if they don't get any help from the others.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Gorsuch and the libs will sink it even if they don't get any help from the others.
    We'll see.

The most likely outcome may be that the SCOTUS never takes a case on this at all, to avoid the political controversy.

We'll see.

The most likely outcome may be that the SCOTUS never takes a case on this at all, to avoid the political controversy.
    I think the main thing it will accomplish is show Zionism's true colors, and people will defy it so it won't stop boycotts anyway. I know plenty of people who would go to jail over this. Stupid move.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon

This represents Israel's control of US political process going from covert to out in the open. They must be feeling very confident that Americans have accepted their new masters.