Thread: Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) Will challenge EC Results !!!!!!!!

Smile Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) Will challenge EC Results !!!!!!!!

Hawley Becomes First Senator Committed to Challenging Electoral College Results

BY JACK PHILLIPS December 30, 2020

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) said he will object during the counting of the Electoral College vote process on Jan. 6, becoming the first senator to confirm they are joining an effort launched by more than a dozen House Republicans.

This is the beginning of the end for the press-ident elect

No more transition funds, no more briefings by the DOD

Disband the virtual cabinet

Git

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand Paul standing on principle and leading the way again.... oh wait, nevermind.

Interesting. Would like it better if Rand was the one objecting.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Interesting. Would like it better if Rand was the one objecting.
    He had better join in when it happens, he should have been the first to say he would.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Double post
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

It’s just a way for Pence to save face. Both the House and Senate will follow the Electoral Count Act, thereby forcing Pence to acknowledge Biden’s win after the House votes to overrule any objection. When the Narcissist-in-Chief has his conniption fit Pence cam blame the House vote, which of course won’t placate Trump.

It’ll be interesting to see how many Senators go on record as supporting Trump’s phony narrative, if indeed that’s how an objection is framed. It’ll be even more interesting if one of them asks Senator Hawley, who was quoted as saying, “I cannot vote to certify the electoral college results on January 6 without raising the fact that some states, particularly Pennsylvania, failed to follow their own state election laws" if Texas’ electoral votes for Trump should be tossed given that it didn’t follow its election laws.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    It’s just a way for Pence to save face. Both the House and Senate will follow the Electoral Count Act, thereby forcing Pence to acknowledge Biden’s win after the House votes to overrule any objection. When the Narcissist-in-Chief has his conniption fit Pence cam blame the House vote, which of course won’t placate Trump.

It’ll be interesting to see how many Senators go on record as supporting Trump’s phony narrative,if indeed that’s how an objection is framed. It’ll be even more interesting if one of them asks Senator Hawley, who was quoted as saying, “I cannot vote to certify the electoral college results on January 6 without raising the fact that some states, particularly Pennsylvania, failed to follow their own state election laws" if Texas’ electoral votes for Trump should be tossed given that it didn’t follow its election laws.
    Phony narrative? LMAO. You're such a dumb ass.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Hawley is a sharp cookie.

Definitely top tire Senator

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    Hawley Becomes First Senator Committed to Challenging Electoral College Results

BY JACK PHILLIPS December 30, 2020

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) said he will object during the counting of the Electoral College vote process on Jan. 6, becoming the first senator to confirm they are joining an effort launched by more than a dozen House Republicans.

This is the beginning of the end for the press-ident elect

No more transition funds, no more briefings by the DOD

Disband the virtual cabinet

Git

LOL. Isn't this the exact opposite of what you've been claiming will happen? You claimed Pence would count the Trump "electors"--so why would Hawley need to "object" to anything?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Phony narrative? LMAO. You're such a dumb ass.
    You beat me to saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

Did Walmart really jump in this??

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Did Walmart really jump in this??
    Yup. Then deleted after he replied. LMAO.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    LOL. Isn't this the exact opposite of what you've been claiming will happen? You claimed Pence would count the Trump "electors"--so why would Hawley need to "object" to anything?
    The Deep State anti Trump Cabal is extremely powerful.

I need ALL options open

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post

He would make a fine Senior Senator from Missouri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan
    In Washington you can see them everywhere: the Parasites and baby Stalins sucking the life out of a once-great nation.

41 year old Senator could become legendary in few days if he did go against leader Mitch's call ( McConnell and top Republicans urge GOP senators not to object to election results on Jan. 6 ).

Quote Originally Posted by danda View Post
    Rand Paul standing on principle and leading the way again.... oh wait, nevermind.
    He did some good but how many of Rand advocated policies and principles he trampled on while providing Rand occasional access witout influence as Matt noted rightly. In few months/years, Trump could be dumped by GOP base as they did with "Bush/Cheney" opportunistically. GOP would probably ditch "America-First" and revert back to "God, Family, Country" priorities model once "Pence 2024" noise gains traction.
    From another thread on same topic:

Rand's support to stable genius' "too much winning" recovery effort should be conditional, no need to give blind support to a relatively well behaved neocons laced tainted administration whose closest ally on world stage had been an Iraq war lobbying parasitic foreign state's head and just got played in the end by treacherous neocons anyway.

MAGA 'injured bear' (borrowing another forum guest's analogy) seems in decisive mode right now and means business looking at resignation demand threat against FDA head to secure very quick approval of vaccine on Friday. Before joining this effort, Rand should demand that alpha MAGA leader issue similar tweet ultimatum for quickly ending forever wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and stopping $Billions in more wasteful wars spending in latest budget.
    As MAGA tries to hold accountable deep neocons/'treacherous zionists' who allegedly supported 'stolen election' coup against him, he can be supported in principle but Rand should offer qualified support based on such conditions.

This play does not fully pass the smell test but should be given a chance perhaps as it appears to further boost on going fracturing of deep neocons lobbies.

President ok to use military force against Iran.

Hawley voted NAY the Iran War Powers Resolution

Axios.com summary
    : The House passed a symbolic war powers resolution directing President Trump to halt the use of military force against Iran unless he obtains approval from Congress.

The big picture: A classified briefing on the killing of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani [by the US military] left Democrats and even some Republicans deeply skeptical, with many claiming that officials did not provide evidence that there was an "imminent" threat from Iran. Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT) and Rand Paul (R-KY) said they will vote in favor of a similar resolution in the Senate [S J Res 68].

What opponents are saying: Former national security adviser and notorious Iran hawk John Bolton tweeted: "The 1973 War Powers Resolution is unconstitutional. It reflects a fundamental misunderstanding of how the Constitution allocated foreign affairs authority between the President and Congress. The Resolution should be repealed." Pres. Trump quote tweeted Bolton and added: "Smart analysis, I fully agree!"

'Follow the money' trail is even uglier with ties to foreign-first deep pockets but in this battle he probably should be given qualified support.

Quote Originally Posted by fedupinmo View Post
    He would make a fine Senior Senator from Missouri.
    Could make me like Missouri again
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Pence asks judge to reject Gohmert lawsuit asking the VP to interfere in the Electoral College count

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/31/polit...uit/index.html

Yeah, sure sounds like Pence is going to count the fake Trump electors. /s

Pence asks judge to reject Gohmert lawsuit asking the VP to interfere in the Electoral College count

h//www.cnn

sounds like communist news network trash talk
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/31/polit...uit/index.html

B U L L S H I T

Their Motion correctly states that the Senate and the House - and not VP Pence - are the proper Defendants.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

B U L L S H I T

Their Motion correctly states that the Senate and the House - and not VP Pence - are the proper Defendants.

You are aware that none of this is going to result in the outcome you're hoping for, right?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    You are aware that none of this is going to result in the outcome you're hoping for, right?
    Nothing ventured, noting gained.

.It worked for JFK in 1960.

So , respectfully disagree.

.DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

Nothing ventured, noting gained.

.It worked for JFK in 1960.

So , respectfully disagree.

Good luck. Nothing I'd like to see more than this current system in turmoil. I just don't see a way they'll let it happen.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire