Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comey Memo: Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation

Comey Memo: Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation

Memo: Trump asked Comey to end Flynn investigation

(CNN) President Donald Trump asked James Comey to end the investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, a request documented in a memo written by the former FBI director, according to sources familiar with the matter.

"I hope you can let this go," Comey wrote, quoting Trump in the document, which CNN has not viewed but which was described by the sources.

The bombshell revelation Tuesday escalated the already raging political crises engulfing the White House triggered by the bureau's probe into alleged cooperation between Trump aides and Russia and new reports that Trump divulged classified information to top Russian officials.

Taken at face value, the disclosures about the Comey memo appear to provide the clearest sign yet that Trump tried to pressure the FBI and the Justice Department over the Russia investigation.

Comey documented 'everything he could remember' after Trump conversations

The stunning new developments triggered immediate claims from Democrats that Trump was guilty of obstructing justice and extreme concern from Trump's Republican allies on Capitol Hill.

The sources said that Comey was so appalled by the request from Trump, at an Oval Office meeting on February 14, that he wanted to document it in order to share his recollections of the encounter with senior FBI officials.

The White House, fighting back against yet another extraordinary political imbroglio despite its own compromised credibility, rejected the new allegations, first reported by The New York Times.

One official said that a "conversation of that nature" did not happen.

"While the President has repeatedly expressed his view that General Flynn is a decent man who served and protected our country, the President has never asked Mr. Comey or anyone else to end any investigation, including any investigation involving General Flynn," a White House official said in a statement. "The President has the utmost respect for our law enforcement agencies, and all investigations. This is not a truthful or accurate portrayal of the conversation between the President and Mr. Comey."
    More: http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/16/politi...es-comey-memo/
    -----

Judge Napolitano weighs in:

-----

More from Napolitano:

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-18-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, it's not like Comey has any reason to dislike the Donald or want to do him harm.
    "The Patriarch"

"I hope you can let this go,"

Is asking and hoping the same thing?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Don't make me defend the Donald, don't you do it.
    "The Patriarch"

GOP Rep. Kinzinger says special prosecutor or indie commission needed to investigate Trump scandals

A Republican lawmaker on Wednesday told CNN that either an independent commission or a special prosecutor is needed to investigate the assorted scandals swirling around President Donald Trump.

In an interview with CNN’s Alisyn Camerota, Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said that the latest revelations about James Comey writing a memo claiming that Trump had asked him to stop investigating former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn have led him to conclude that Congress can no longer handle the sole responsibility of conducting an investigation into Russia’s interference in the 2016 presidential election.

“It’s time that we look at the idea of — whether it’s an independent commission or a special prosecutor or whatever,” he said, before explaining that this issue had become too politically charged for Congress to handle by itself.
    More: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/watc...rump-scandals/

Yawn
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Does anybody read this stuff and just want to punch everybody in the face?

FBI = No good scum
    Donny = Self-centered $#@!
    McCain = F*cking asswipe
    Chuck Schumer = Slickster Israel wuss
    Traditional media = Another f*cking punch in the face
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

https://twitter.com/KatieBoWill/stat...41029853343745
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    You are not thinking like a MSM. Obviously its clear proof he did not know Flynn was already cleared at the time. And so it calls for an investigation anyway or at least a continued msm media circus frenzy. Can't let a secret self serving "memo" by a disgruntled partisan ex-employee that only became relevant after he was fired, go to waste. Got to exploit this partisan hack newspaper's report of a rumor from anonymous person that says saw a memo. This is obliviously the most important issue of the day. Well that along with why the president got two scoops of ice cream. Hard to tell which is more important. So long as we don't get distracted by those meaningless issues like national debt, monetary policy, fiscal sustainability, the pathway to economic ruin for middle class Americans, perpetual war, war on false pretenses, aiding terrorists groups, violating national sovereignty, regime change, provoking nuclear armed states, MIC and deep state influence over policy and politicians, actual foreign state influence (Saudi Arabia and Israel) in US government, and so forth - you know the irrelevant stuff.

And they should investigate it with all the zeal and gusto that went into investigating and prosecuting for Benghazi, and arming terrorists, and arms running operations, and those who committed torture and authorized it, and the Clinton Foundation, and Saudi/Israeli influence in US politics, and drone murders, and pay-to-play, and violating international sovereignty, and interfering in other nation's elections and politics, Clinton-Loretta Lynch tarmac meeting, and all those Saudi/Oman/UAE and other nations contributions to a certain high ranking official's fund, and so many others. It was really great how the MSM and FBI really put an end to all that and so many corrupt folks went to prison. They really were concerned about truth, corruption and justice. That was really really really great.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 05-17-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Just a wild guess, but it's possible someone was lying.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

FBI = No good scum
    McCain = F*cking asswipe
    Hey, as long as they're fighting amongst themselves... The worst part of this is that the media is going to get even bigger ratings. But at least it's better than getting an "infrastructure" boondoggle through or starting another war. (of course, if Trump learned anything from the Clintons, it's how to wag the dog. So maybe another war is a foregone conclusion at this point.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Butthurt ex-employee shenanigans.

What's that about Seth Rich? Nothing? Oh.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

https://twitter.com/KatieBoWill/stat...41029853343745
    It's good to see Amash hasn't lost his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Antischism View Post
    It's good to see Amash hasn't lost his mind.
    yep...he's true to his NEOCON Globalist roots.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    maybe another war is a foregone conclusion at this point.)
    nah...we usually wait for a missile attack first.

While trump makes me sick, watching all of this crying over bull$#@! is forcing me to defend trumps dumb ass which makes me hate the left even more (even though i agree with them on some things)...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    yep...he's true to his NEOCON Globalist roots.
    Lemme get this straight... Amash has neocon globalist roots, but Trump does not?! I'm really trying to keep up with all this.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lemme get this straight... Amash has neocon globalist roots, but Trump does not?! I'm really trying to keep up with all this.

"War is Peace.
    Freedom is Slavery.
    Ignorance is Strength."

Now, just sit back and enjoy this Dixie Cup full of Trump flavor Kool-Aid and everything will become clear.

We are SOOOO $#@!ed...
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

FBI = No good scum
    McCain = F*cking asswipe
    Just a punch in the face?

If you put them all in cage and made them fight to the death, I would be rooting for a five-way tie ...
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Yeaw that one is pretty good. The guy that donated to all the neocons, was endorsed early by neocons, threatened to take Ron Paul down when it looked like Ron might win Iowa, and has since appointed a whole mess of neocons to his administration is not tied to neocons? Wow it is getting deep!
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Not that facts matter, but Jack Posobiec posted this chunk of Comey testimony on twitter earlier which is from here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a6c2753bf8cf

HIRONO: So if the Attorney General or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?

COMEY: In theory yes.

HIRONO: Has it happened?

COMEY: Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.
    Seems to me Comey himself denies the allegations in question.

He's talking about people at DOJ, but if Trump did something similar, why not divulge?
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Judge Napolitano weighs in:

Interesting summary near the end. From what is currently known, there is no crime committed, but impeachment is a political process, so any President can be impeached if the votes are there.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-17-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Don't make me defend the Donald, don't you do it.
    At this point, the only sanity-preserving policy is to just take a seat in the peanut gallery and throw jeers and popcorn at all the $#@!s on stage ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast