Thread: Today I introduced the Kansas Legal Tender Act

Today I introduced the Kansas Legal Tender Act

Today, I introduced the Kansas Legal Tender Act, HB2123. The bill would eliminate capital gains taxes for gold and silver and allow it to be used as legal tender. In Kansas, we previously eliminated sales taxes for gold and silver, so this would just be an additional step. If my bill were to pass, Kansas would join Utah and Oklahoma as the third state to allow gold and silver to be used as legal tender.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good job Brett.

Push it through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Excellent news. Hopefully it ends up passing.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

So gold & silver coins would be worth around their stock mkt worth per oz, yes?

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    So gold & silver coins would be worth around their stock mkt worth per oz, yes?
    If it's like the Oklahoma law, buyers and sellers decide what they're worth.

I love it. I can't imagine a better response to the impending doom of the Fed.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Today, I introduced the Kansas Legal Tender Act, HB2123. The bill would eliminate capital gains taxes for gold and silver and allow it to be used as legal tender. In Kansas, we previously eliminated sales taxes for gold and silver, so this would just be an additional step. If my bill were to pass, Kansas would join Utah and Oklahoma as the third state to allow gold and silver to be used as legal tender.
    Have you taken this to the floor yet? What kind of feedback are you getting from everyone else? How many of them actually understand how money / currency works?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Link to the text sir? Awesome!

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep

Good to see you still have your seat and still doing good work.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Great work @Brett85

Why are the posts I made in this thread not showing on my profile?

Never saw that before. Did Zippyjuan rewrite the software?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-25-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Posts in this thread aren't showing on anyone's profile.

@Brett85 expect resistance.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 01-25-2021 at 08:46 PM.

I can't be the only one noticing this.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Posts in this thread aren't showing on anyone's profile.

@Brett85 expect resistance.
    I can't be the only one noticing this.
    FYI:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    IIRC, the posts from users and friends that show up on the “Activity” tab of the profile page have never been all of the posts. IDK the criteria, but it’s not the best way to see all posts.

Use the “Find latest posts” function on the left side of the profile screen to see all of a person’s post. “View Forum Posts” on the pop-up menu when you touch the Username on the left of every post does the same thing.
    And keep up the great work @Brett85!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I still don't get it.

Thank you Brian. I have never noticed those affected by any criteria but subforum. For example, posts in Hot Topics don't show until you log in.

This was posted in U.S. Political, which always shows.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Have you taken this to the floor yet? What kind of feedback are you getting from everyone else? How many of them actually understand how money / currency works?
    I just introduced it, so the speaker of the house will have to assign it to a committee, most likely the taxation committee. The chairman of the committee will have to decide whether to hear it or not, and a lot of bills never get heard. So, it has a long ways to go. I'm planning on discussing the bill with the committee chairman sometime.

I haven't received any negative feedback yet, but I haven't received a lot of positive feedback either. I just haven't really had a lot of time to discuss the bill with other Reps. I did get three other representatives to cosponsor the bill.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Brett85 @wizardwatson anything we can do to help? Seems to me a little pressure might help, though it's better coming from Kansans. Anyplace we can post some carefully crafted letters encouraging people to contact your compatriots?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Link to the text sir? Awesome!
    http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b202...23_00_0000.pdf

@Brett85 @wizardwatson anything we can do to help? Seems to me a little pressure might help, though it's better coming from Kansans. Anyplace we can post some carefully crafted letters encouraging people to contact your compatriots?
    I’ve been told by the Kansas Campaign For Liberty that they’re creating a petition that people can help spread around soon. I’m sure more can be done later on.

I just introduced it, so the speaker of the house will have to assign it to a committee, most likely the taxation committee. The chairman of the committee will have to decide whether to hear it or not, and a lot of bills never get heard. So, it has a long ways to go. I'm planning on discussing the bill with the committee chairman sometime.

I haven't received any negative feedback yet, but I haven't received a lot of positive feedback either. I just haven't really had a lot of time to discuss the bill with other Reps. I did get three other representatives to cosponsor the bill.
    I am glad we have people like you here doing your part and taking part in public forums like this, especially HERE on RPF.com and not Fedbook.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

This has got Peter Schiff's attention:

Kansas Bill Would Make Gold and Silver Legal Tender in the State
    https://schiffgold.com/key-gold-news...-in-the-state/

https://twitter.com/PeterSchiff/stat...08808591286280
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·