Thread: VIDEO: Men Defend Themselves Against Aggressive Cops, Charges Dropped

VIDEO: Men Defend Themselves Against Aggressive Cops, Charges Dropped

I think the cops should also be brought up on charges but...this is still a win.

DETROIT — Tywonn Mitchell, 20, and his older brother Naybon Moore, 26, were driving to a restaurant back in May when suddenly, they say, Detroit police officers began profiling them and following them. They had done nothing wrong and have no criminal record.

The cops tailed them all the way to the restaurant, actually followed them inside, and then asked for their IDs.

As you can see in the video, the brothers did not show their IDs and asked what they had done wrong. The cops, apparently, didn’t anticipate dealing with Americans who know their rights.The brothers are both educated — one of them majored in Criminal Justice and the other majored in Law.

That’s when one of the cops got physical and pushed Naybon. It looks like these cops were out to pick a fight just for fun.

By natural instinct the men began defending themselves.

http://filmingcops.com/men-defend-th...-against-cops/
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They're really lucky the statist welfare queens didn't draw their weapons.

Those guys are indeed lucky that the pigs didn't execute them for the crime of contempt of pig. It's too bad the pigs didn't get a worse beat-down.

Mitchell*said in a Fox 2 interview, “I forgive them and I don’t hold any grudges for them. I hope they learned their lesson.”
    No. No they did not learned their lesson if they still have a job and are free on the street.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Had it happened out on the street or anyplace without video cameras,these young men would be in jail,the hospital waiting to go to jail or dead.

And yeah,the cops should have been charged or at least fired.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

So now going into a fast food joint is enough of a reason for a pig to assault you?
    They use force, to make you do, what the deciders have decided you must do. -- Eldridge Cleaver

I'm shocked the kids weren't executed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

LOL. Stupid pigs did not expect that one. Play stupid games--get your ass kicked even more next time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dudes got to brawl with cops and not do time. My heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Dudes got to brawl with cops and not do time. My heroes!
    2nd

Next round is on me for that one boys.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

//
    After reviewing the video and interviewing the suspects, the use of force was deemed appropriate, and reasonable by "The Department".
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    //
    I wonder if the cops really believe their actions to be appropriate/acceptable or if they know its all BS to let them be psychopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    I wonder if the cops really believe their actions to be appropriate/acceptable or if they know its all BS to let them be psychopaths?
    Hmmm, I suspect deep within their souls, they know they're wrong. But they bury it.

And internal conflict will make you do bad things.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 11-25-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    I'm shocked the kids weren't executed.
    No kidding...so am I.

UPDATE: Brothers Who were Arrested for Fighting Back Against Violent Cops — Beat Charges, Win Settlement

Two men went from being arrested and facing felony charges to being released, cleared of all charges, and now, given a six-figure settlement — after getting into a restaurant brawl with two belligerent Detroit cops.

Tywonn Mitchell, 20, and Naybon Moore, 26, were driving to Grandy’s Coney Island back in May of 2013 when they were followed into the parking lot by two Detroit cops.
    Having done nothing illegal and knowing their rights, the two men thought little of the police car and walked inside to get their food.

At the time, Mitchell was about to be a Junior at Madonna University, studying criminal justice. Mitchell’s brother Moore is also college educated, and both of them were entirely informed on their rights.

After they had entered the store, two bully Detroit police officers followed them in. That’s when the harassment began.
    The officers demanded that the two men produce their IDs. However, these two gentlemen weren’t the pushovers that the officers took them for.

Mitchell and Moore knew that they were being shaken down for no reason and that these two officers were trying to unlawfully detain them. When the men refused to be harassed and refused to “show their papers,” one officer became violent.

The officer, as if he was intentionally trying to start a fight, pushed one of the brothers in the chest. That’s when Moore merely pushed the officer’s hands away. He and his brother were then met with a cop’s fist to the face. A full-on brawl ensued.

The two brothers eventually stopped the fight and were booked and charged with felony assault on an officer.
    The Detroit police department also cleared both officers in this case, stating that the “use of force [was] appropriate and reasonable.”

However, in a completely atypical move by the prosecutor’s office, after reviewing the footage, all of the charges were dropped.
    Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office disagreed with Detroit police and said that the detainment was unreasonable and that the two men were acting in self-defense.

When police are threatened, they react with violence, and the situation can get out of hand quickly. Had these circumstances been slightly different these two brothers could have been killed.

Both of these Detroit police officers are still on duty today.

The settlement was just paid by the city of Detroit – or more accurately the taxpayers.

“It is an unfortunate circumstance that taxpayers continue to pay for stupid mistakes,” said Herbert Sanders, and attorney for the men.
    Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/bro...Y5S7o8dlGgZ.99

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanae Libertas View Post
    So now going into a fast food joint is enough of a reason for a pig to assault you?
    What isn't a reason?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Goons gonna ... STOP gooning???
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Wow! I used to start threads! lol
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."