Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gold / Silver dropping - your thoughts?

Gold / Silver dropping - your thoughts?

I know what most of you will say , "just buy.."

BUT, I am curious if you see it going further south?

currently --
    gold: 1260
    silver: 19

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's see what happens tomorrow at 8 AM

I should wake up early then :-)

I am loving it.I own enough that I don't feel pressured to buy but not so much that I want to see the price rise yet.

I keep this website on a tab whenever I'm on the internet:
    https://comparesilverprices.com
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Euro banks lowered rates, which raised the dollar, and dropped commodities (measured against dollars).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

You're only allowed to make threads when gold goes up and/or stocks go down.

Also, "manipulation"
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I am actually getting ready for a relatively big buy. I am trying to decide when to pull the trigger. it's @ $19 right now and the trigger finger is itching pretty hard...

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I am actually getting ready for a relatively big buy. I am trying to decide when to pull the trigger. it's @ $19 right now and the trigger finger is itching pretty hard...
    who do you usually go with?

I usually go with apmex (higher premium, but reliable), but last two buys were with amagi.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Buy now, if you have the means.

I'm betting $19 silver is going to look pretty good after the market implodes.

Anyone else see this on Drudge?
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...eparing-market
    Icahn, Soros, Druckenmiller, And Now Zell: The Billionaires Are All Quietly Preparing For The Plunge

"The stock market is at an all-time, but economic activity is not at an all-time," explains billionaire investor Sam Zell to CNBC this morning, adding that, "every company that's missed has missed on the revenue side, which is a reflection that there's a demand issue; and when you got a demand issue it's hard to imagine the stock market at an all-time high." Zell said he is being very cautious adding to stocks and cutting some positions because "I don't remember any time in my career where there have been as many wildcards floating out there that have the potential to be very significant and alter people's thinking." Zell also discussed his view on Obama's Fed encouraging disparity and on tax inversions, but concludes, rather ominously, "this is the first time I ever remember where having cash isn't such a terrible thing." Zell's calls should not be shocking following George Soros. Stan Druckenmiller, and Carl Icahn's warnings that there is trouble ahead.
    Damn, I'm sure glad my life is untroubled by worries about where to put my billions of dollars....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    who do you usually go with?

I usually go with apmex (higher premium, but reliable), but last two buys were with amagi.
    APMEX. Right now they have any quantity APMEX 1oz silver bars at 89¢ over spot. $19.95 a bar any quantity. Only reason I haven't backed up the truck yet is I should be better off in the morning getting it wire instead of debit card tonight. Once I ran my checks out setting up direct deposits I never bothered to buy any more. :-/

pay 60¢ an ounce just to use my credit card? ugh.

Silver? But I thought you wanted gold!

Well, I changed my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

We don't buy for profit, we buy silver for trading; gold for protection of wealth. No matter how the markets are manipulated (and they are), when shtf, metals will help get us through it.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Gurwitz says it's going lower

It's really looking like Armstrong's gonna be right. The metals aren't really going anywhere til after 2015. A little over a year to go! The only problem is, I'm pretty sure we're not going to like the economic/political environment this rise in metal starts taking place in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    I know what most of you will say , "just buy.."

BUT, I am curious if you see it going further south?

currently --
    gold: 1260
    silver: 19
    barely.

it's been between 19 and 21 for how long now?

Last edited by PRB; 09-04-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    You're only allowed to make threads when gold goes up and/or stocks go down.

Also, "manipulation"
    I buy metals and some stocks every week , regardless .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Silver? But I thought you wanted gold!

Well, I changed my mind!

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I buy metals and some stocks every week , regardless .
    dollar cost averaging? betting on long term growth?

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    We don't buy for profit, we buy silver for trading; gold for protection of wealth.
    Actually, that matches my view pretty closely and I think it a pretty wise way to look at it.

Silver, just as you say, Deb, is for trading in some sort of extreme scenario. You don't need a ton of it. A couple hundred dollars worth should be plenty. With that small amount, you can easily store it at home, and in my opinion, you should. You should get it in the form of one-ounce coins or old US coins with silver content (so-called "junk silver"). The one-ounce coins can come in convenient plastic containers you can use for storage. I don't see silver as a good investment opportunity (my opinion! I do have reasons for it, though!). Having a little bit of silver like this is just like having a 72-hour kit, or other reasonable emergency preparedness supplies. In fact, you could keep the silver in your 72-hour kit.

Gold does well in the event of high price inflation in the US dollar (above about 6%). Gold does extremely well in that event. It responds more powerfully and reliably to inflation than any other asset we know of. And so you should hold some gold so that in the event of high price inflation, your wealth will be protected.

We do not know if high inflation will come. We do not know what the future will bring. It will almost certainly not match our expectations of it. But if you have a balanced and diversified portfolio, you are ready for anything.

25% gold in case there is inflation
    25% long-term bonds in case there is deflation
    25% total stock market funds in case there is prosperity
    25% cash in case there is a recession

Nobody knows what's around the next river bend. So why not be prepared for everything? That's my conclusion.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 09-05-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    Gurwitz says it's going lower

It's really looking like Armstrong's gonna be right. The metals aren't really going anywhere til after 2015. A little over a year to go! The only problem is, I'm pretty sure we're not going to like the economic/political environment this rise in metal starts taking place in.
    There is no reason to believe any of these fortune teller's predictions. They do not know the future. Gurwitz's opinion is totally irrelevant. If Armstrong is "right" it will be by sheer blind luck.

Stop listening to fortune tellers, people!

If you want to buy silver, buy some now.

I know some people who bought when shot to $ 20 in 2007 sold when it dropped. Panicked and bought when it almost shot to $50, and then sold again when it dropped.

My thought is that I'd prefer that the prices were rising.

I also predict that by the end of the year gold will be somewhere between $20 and $5000 an ounce. Mark my words!

I predict that in 2015 gold and silver will both continue to be metallic elements listed on the periodic table.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I also predict that by the end of the year gold will be somewhere between $20 and $5000 an ounce. Mark my words!
    What will you give us if it isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    What will you give us if it isn't?
    If it drops below $20, I'll give you a GAE.

If it goes above $5000 an ounce, good luck finding me in the Bahamas.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    If it drops below $20, I'll give you a GAE.
    Yes! Awesome! Now don't try to weasel out. I have it in writing!

Come on, crash, baby, crash!

better a little early than too late!

Mathematical certainty, says Bill Holter

John Williams thinks despite the Fed statement that inflation rather than bank bail-ins will be the future...

"Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Seriously, Tod, more fortune-tellers? Why do you think these guys have any insight into what the future holds?

Guess what: they don't!

Here's a challenge: dig up some predictions from this Bill Holter person and John Williams person from 10 years ago, no make it just 1 year ago. See if any of the forecasts they made were in any way correct. I will bet you'll find these forecasts would not have had any value to you whatsoever.

These people do not know what's coming. There may be a crash or there may not be. Mathematical certainty? That is absolutely ridiculous. Totally, totally laughable.

If you want certainty in life, look for it elsewhere. You're not going to find it in economics.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    Seriously, Tod, more fortune-tellers? Why do you think these guys have any insight into what the future holds?

Guess what: they don't!

Here's a challenge: dig up some predictions from this Bill Holter person and John Williams person from 10 years ago, no make it just 1 year ago. See if any of the forecasts they made were in any way correct. I will bet you'll find these forecasts would not have had any value to you whatsoever.

These people do not know what's coming. There may be a crash or there may not be. Mathematical certainty? That is absolutely ridiculous. Totally, totally laughable.

If you want certainty in life, look for it elsewhere. You're not going to find it in economics.

You mean like this one where Jim Rogers correctly predicted last summer that gold and silver would continue to fall in this year?

I'll go look for more from Holter (that is the first I've seen him) and Williams.

So far, the numbers on the economy have been in keeping with what all these guys are saying, which is that the economic problems have not been solved; only delayed with QE.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast