Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Palin praises Rand when making Trump endorsement (VIDEO)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfox View Post
    I couldn't get through 20 seconds of that. omg her voice.
    It's worth it just to hear her say "squirmishes". I LOL'ed
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I think it is great that she mentioned Rand...he's the only other name she spouted. The Cruz supporters are going to be going crazy...she said, "..let me say something really positive about one of those (she was talkin about others in the Senate and House who will be there to support Trump in Presidency) individuals, Rand Paul, I'm going to tell you about that libertarian streak in him that is healthy because he knows you only go to war if you are determined to win the war and you quit footin' the bill for these nations who are oil rich we are paying for some of their squirmishes that have been goin' on for centuries where they're fightin' each other and yellin' allah akbar callin jihad on each other for ever and ever like I said let them duke it out and let allah sort it out..." well she goes on but that mention of Rand is a slap in the face to Cruz....I think it is a big plus for Rand...unlike others here, I think she still has some clout and her saying something like this about Rand and it was on TV....gets his name out there...
    full marks for the transcription. Accurate capture, you caught all the inflections!

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

I had to play that video for my (largely non-political) wife so she could hear the "squimishes" line (complete with airquotes!), for laughs

Wife's comment: "what's she on?"

Quote Originally Posted by laurak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    My only concern would be, if we would better off fighting for liberty as a Senator or as VP. Is VP position as useless as it appears?
    Well, being VP almost guarantees the nomination the next go around.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    Well, being VP almost guarantees the nomination the next go around.
    Maybe back in the 20th century, before you had 13 people running for the nom every cycle.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Super disappointed in Sarah Palin. Last year before Trump I was sure she was going to endorse Cruz or Paul. The name drop here was just a pander to libertarians to try and get their support.
    Exactly! Nothing else, nothing more. That was her attempt at trying to win over some of Rand's gullible supporters.

It's somewhat true. My 70 year old republican father-in-law lives near Portland ME. I sent him an email letting him know that Rand was speaking in Freeport. He emails me back the day of Rand's speech and says something like, I was in Freeport today returning some stuff to LL Bean and I didn't see any signs for Paul Ryan's campaign stop. So frustrating.

Sounds like Joan Cusack.

None of her comments made sense. "We need a strict constitutionist, and his name is Donald Trump!". "He's gets his inspiration from God!" etc... etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    None of her comments made sense. "We need a strict constitutionist, and his name is Donald Trump!". "He's gets his inspiration from God!" etc... etc...
    Wow it seems everyone is trying to make a claim on the constitutionist. Will the real constitutionist please stand up?

So, is she drunk or something? I haven't listened to her in a few years, but I don't remember her sounding like this.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I listened, and here is what I think she is saying to Iowans in a subtle manor, vote for Trump first, but if you can't bring yourself to vote for him pick Rand next.
    In Iowa I think we can take that a Trump #1 and a Rand #2, and everybody else with a smattering of votes would cause drop outs.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

I definitely identify as a right-winging bitter-clinging proud-clinger

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think she offered him some protection from Trump; just a short time ago Trump was saying Rand is mean and someone should run against him in Kentucky...so, right in front of Trump, Palin says how she likes him...

full marks for the transcription. Accurate capture, you caught all the inflections!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by squirl22 View Post
    I think she offered him some protection from Trump; just a short time ago Trump was saying Rand is mean and someone should run against him in Kentucky...so, right in front of Trump, Palin says how she likes him...

Thanks!
    I believe this is true. Part of the reason she brought up Rand was because she didn't like Trump attacking him. However her calling Trump a Constitutionalist demonstrates her utter dingbattiness. Trump may be many things that a lot of Republicans like, but he is even less of a 'constitutionalist' than George W Bush was.

Sarah Palin praises Rand Paul

"You only go to war if you're determined to win the war?" I don't think that's exactly Rand's position. Am I wrong?

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Oh my. That is great haha!
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    "You only go to war if you're determined to win the war?" I don't think that's exactly Rand's position. Am I wrong?
    It's close enough for government work.

WTF! That is incredible!

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    No, that's not Rand's policy position, but it is close to the rhetoric he's used to assure the rank and file that he's "strong" on foreign policy. So it's close enough.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Actually Trump has also said himself that he wants Rand as a senator and that he does a good job. It was when he was saying he should be Pres and not Rand, but still, that's what he said. Compared to the attacks Rand has thrown his way constantly, he's shown a lot of restraint, only jabbing him for the eye surgery donation thing and his low poll numbers.

So her rationale for not endorsing Rand is that she wants him in the Senate. . . but she kind of low-key endorsed him while endorsing Trump, lol. People in the audience cheered when she mentioned his name!

Wtf is that???

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Raven View Post
    Actually Trump has also said himself that he wants Rand as a senator and that he does a good job. It was when he was saying he should be Pres and not Rand, but still, that's what he said. Compared to the attacks Rand has thrown his way constantly, he's shown a lot of restraint, only jabbing him for the eye surgery donation thing and his low poll numbers.
    Trump said someone should Primary Rand.

Kevin Cruz
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I think Palin was drunk here . . . there was a lot of boozing going on in the Palin household the night prior when Track beat his girlfriend in the head with a closed fist then pulled a gun out . . .

Kevin Cruz
    Almost as fugly as Cruz.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast