Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate/"sock puppet" accounts are NOT allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Can you link me to that thread? Just curious and I want to see it.
    ^This
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Can you link me to that thread? Just curious and I want to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    ^This
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?41293-eduardo

The world is a sick place and there is no better medicine than laughter. I'm doing a shot for that Eddy fella he makes me laugh with and at him. I mean him repping himself with a note of what a handsome gentleman he was is classic! I can imagine standing in front of the mirror doing the same thing. This is some great stuff for my studies on egotisticalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    I have never been a moderator and would not want to be. Help me understand. Why are sock puppets bad? It seems dynamic to me.
    Honest question. Not rhetorical. Help me understand. Why are sock puppets bad?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. I was expecting a link to the "sock puppet posted" thread. You just gave me a link to his member page.

Edit: I clicked on the recent visitor messages to see if that was the "evidence" you were alluding to. All that I saw was Danke asking for his email address. Which reminds me. I'd like it to. He posted a question to me in a +rep that he gave me a while back and I'd been meaning to get back with him on it. Seriously, mods should let banned members post one final message leaving a forwarding address. This place is starting to suck.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-06-2012 at 09:35 AM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at. I was expecting a link to the "sock puppet posted" thread. You just gave me a link to his member page.
    Uhm, that is the sockpuppet account. you can get all of that account's posts from that page.

So those are legitimate reasons?
    Leave Nikki alone! Grammar cop. LOL!

Trav,

In some cases they can make it seem like an idea has much more support and backing than it does. For example the "vote flipping" threads seem to be just one or two guys with 10 accounts talking to themselves, so it add a degree of legitimacy to something that it really shouldn't have.

I can see good reasons for having sock puppets though. I always was fine the the Collins sock puppet among others. I think the rule should only be circumstantially enforced.
    Last edited by brandon; 04-06-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: then -> than

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Trav,

In some cases they can make it seem like an idea has much more support and backing then it does. For example the "vote flipping" threads seem to be just one or two guys with 10 accounts talking to themselves, so it add a degree of legitimacy to something that it really shouldn't have.

The inverse is true also. One person with three accounts trolling a new thread about an idea they disagree with can entirely derail it.

Well, the next two weeks are going to be extremely boring without Eduardo.
    ‎"We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it's forever."
    -Carl Sagan

Uhm, that is the sockpuppet account. you can get all of that account's posts from that page.
    Okay. I "see" know. They were both named "eduardo". Typically a sockpuppet account is to hide your identity and look like two different people. Looks like he made this account as a form of civil disobedience. Especially seeing the join date:

Last Activity
    Today 12:55 AM

Blog Entries

Anyway, as I said in another thread I long for the days of mod free forums. Sometime when I have time I'll post a brief history of moderation on Internet discussion days from the "good/bad" old days of USENET where moderation was basically impossible to today. It's interesting (and a bit sad) that on a forum dedicated to libertarianism someone hasn't come up with a way to deal with issues of trolling/spam/flamewars etc without going to a hierarchy. I know, I know it's "private property". But it would be nice if this kind of private property was used as an experiment on how to have a vibrant self-organizing self-moderating community. I hear about things like the "Free State Project" or worse "Libertarian floating islands". As it stands there's no way I'd get on one of those things because I'm afraid the benevolent dictator (excuse me "private property owner") would exercise his "right" to throw me overboard whenever he saw fit.

Okay. I "see" know. They were both named "eduardo". Typically a sockpuppet account is to hide your identity and look like two different people. Looks like he made this account as a form of civil disobedience. Especially seeing the join date:
    Well I did say it was "obvious".
    he was posting with an obvious sockpuppet account last night.
    I'm sure he was just funning around.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The inverse is true also. One person with three accounts trolling a new thread about an idea they disagree with can entirely derail it.
    Brandon knows all about derailing vote flipping threads because he disagrees with it.

Last Activity

Blog Entries

Anyway, as I said in another thread I long for the days of mod free forums. Sometime when I have time I'll post a brief history of moderation on Internet discussion days from the "good/bad" old days of USENET where moderation was basically impossible to today. It's interesting (and a bit sad) that on a forum dedicated to libertarianism someone hasn't come up with a way to deal with issues of trolling/spam/flamewars etc without going to a hierarchy. I know, I know it's "private property". But it would be nice if this kind of private property was used as an experiment on how to have a vibrant self-organizing self-moderating community. I hear about things like the "Free State Project" or worse "Libertarian floating islands". As it stands there's no way I'd get on one of those things because I'm afraid the benevolent dictator (excuse me "private property owner") would exercise his "right" to throw me overboard whenever he saw fit.
    +rep
    -Carl Sagan

All that I saw was Danke asking for his email address. Which reminds me. I'd like it to.
    See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?6186-Danke
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Well I did say it was "obvious".

I'm sure he was just funning around.
    No fun allowed.

-Carl Sagan

trolls sock puppets and rep whores dont scare me half as much as knowing a mod can look in on my rep conversations

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Savage View Post
    trolls sock puppets and rep whores dont scare me half as much as knowing a mod can look in on my rep conversations
    And PMs. Best to use email.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    And PMs. Best to use email.
    Sheesh, really? Big brother is watching..
    -Carl Sagan

I can't believe Eduardo is banned again. Sheesh.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've just read over eduardo's recent posts. I haven't seen anything outside of the rules at all or anything negative at all except for mild criticism of policy in this thread. If that's why he was banned then that's pretty sad.
    Eduardo was banned for an innapropriate post that was not related to the subject of alternate accounts. His (and Collins') alternate accounts were banned because of the new rule.

I hear about things like the "Free State Project" or worse "Libertarian floating islands". As it stands there's no way I'd get on one of those things because I'm afraid the benevolent dictator (excuse me "private property owner") would exercise his "right" to throw me overboard whenever he saw fit.
    The Free State Project is about the state of New Hampshire. There is no benevolent dictator in New Hampshire. No one may remove you from the state. No need to worry
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Shari Lewis would be SCREWED.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Thanks: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Danke again.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Eduardo was banned for an innapropriate post that was not related to the subject of alternate accounts.
    Let me guess! Was it about women or gays?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith and stuff View Post
    The Free State Project is about the state of New Hampshire. There is no benevolent dictator in New Hampshire. No one may remove you from the state. No need to worry
    Yeah. But once all of the roads around my house become privatized the "toll trolls" can tell me I know longer have the right to travel. So then instead of being kicked out of the state I'll become locked in. But I guess as long as the FSP declares that no property owner can declare ownership of airspace I'll still be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Eduardo was banned for an innapropriate post that was not related to the subject of alternate accounts. His (and Collins') alternate accounts were banned because of the new rule.
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Last Activity

Blog Entries

+rep

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Brandon knows all about derailing vote flipping threads because he disagrees with it.
    And if I'm not mistaken got banned for activity in those threads.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Then leave. Honestly, no one is stopping you from leaving. Create your own forums, and see how fast that goes. But no, just sit here and bitch, bitch, bitch, and feel special because the same few keep quoting you, repping you, and agreeing.

I'm not trying to be a bitch here (or maybe I rather am), but you do not have all-seeing eyes on the forum, and can not see the reported PM messages or the reported reputation.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast