Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: If Culture isn't Genetic and Preservation of Culture is the Goal...

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    If she was such a great prophet, share with me some of her great moral teachings that can help my life. How can I become a disciple of Deborah?

Seems to to me the most notable things she did were:

follow instructions that a man (Barak) gave her, and
    sing along in some song that same man wrote for her.

Yep, that is woman’s role. Be subject to a man. Sounds about right.
    Most of her teachings/rulings were not recorded or were lost but she judged Israel and she was the one who told Barak what to do.

Please note that she was an extremely rare example who was chosen by GOD personally.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, but you’ve complicated it to the point of ineffectiveness. Try to start thinking memetically. Why do you want people to remember the numbers 10 and 18? Because that is all they’re going to come away with from that post. Oh, you didn’t want that? Then just say:

Shut it down.

That’s it.

Simplify, my man!
    "Until further notice" does that work for you?

The details like 10-18 years are for the brains of the movement and the long term plan

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

If she was such a great prophet, share with me some of her great moral teachings that can help my life. How can I become a disciple of Deborah?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Most of her teachings/rulings were not recorded or were lost but she judged Israel and she was the one who told Barak what to do.

Please note that she was an extremely rare example who was chosen by GOD personally.
    Judges
    Chapter 4

4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.
    5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.
    6 And she sent and called Barak the son of Abinoam out of Kedeshnaphtali, and said unto him, Hath not the LORD God of Israel commanded, saying, Go and draw toward mount Tabor, and take with thee ten thousand men of the children of Naphtali and of the children of Zebulun?
    7 And I will draw unto thee to the river Kishon Sisera, the captain of Jabin's army, with his chariots and his multitude; and I will deliver him into thine hand.
    8 And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.
    9 And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the LORD shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh.
    10 And Barak called Zebulun and Naphtali to Kedesh; and he went up with ten thousand men at his feet: and Deborah went up with him.
    11 Now Heber the Kenite, which was of the children of Hobab the father in law of Moses, had severed himself from the Kenites, and pitched his tent unto the plain of Zaanaim, which is by Kedesh.
    12 And they shewed Sisera that Barak the son of Abinoam was gone up to mount Tabor.
    13 And Sisera gathered together all his chariots, even nine hundred chariots of iron, and all the people that were with him, from Harosheth of the Gentiles unto the river of Kishon.
    14 And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the LORD hath delivered Sisera into thine hand: is not the LORD gone out before thee? So Barak went down from mount Tabor, and ten thousand men after him.
    15 And the LORD discomfited Sisera, and all his chariots, and all his host, with the edge of the sword before Barak; so that Sisera lighted down off his chariot, and fled away on his feet.
    16 But Barak pursued after the chariots, and after the host, unto Harosheth of the Gentiles: and all the host of Sisera fell upon the edge of the sword; and there was not a man left.
    17 Howbeit Sisera fled away on his feet to the tent of Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite: for there was peace between Jabin the king of Hazor and the house of Heber the Kenite.
    18 And Jael went out to meet Sisera, and said unto him, Turn in, my lord, turn in to me; fear not. And when he had turned in unto her into the tent, she covered him with a mantle.
    19 And he said unto her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water to drink; for I am thirsty. And she opened a bottle of milk, and gave him drink, and covered him.
    20 Again he said unto her, Stand in the door of the tent, and it shall be, when any man doth come and enquire of thee, and say, Is there any man here? that thou shalt say, No.
    21 Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died.
    22 And, behold, as Barak pursued Sisera, Jael came out to meet him, and said unto him, Come, and I will shew thee the man whom thou seekest. And when he came into her tent, behold, Sisera lay dead, and the nail was in his temples.
    23 So God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan before the children of Israel.
    24 And the hand of the children of Israel prospered, and prevailed against Jabin the king of Canaan, until they had destroyed Jabin king of Canaan.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"Until further notice" does that work for you?

The details like 10-18 years are for the brains of the movement and the long term plan
    Ok, we’ll then in that case let me say: I think that’s a stupid plan. No offense to you personally.

There is no reason to ever allow any immigration into America ever again.

Full stop.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Again, seems to me Barak telling Deborah to come tag along on an attack. And she does. And good on her! Way to be obedient! Again, this is what women are supposed to do.

And even Deborah herself realizes and points out how degenerate and humiliating it is for Israel to be being ruler over by a woman. Not natural. Not right. A humiliation and national disgrace. Just shows how bad things were at the time.

Ok, we’ll then in that case let me say: I think that’s a stupid plan. No offense to you personally.

Full stop.
    I would be willing to consider that.

If only your position and mine were the two opposite poles of the political debate, we wouldn't be too badly off no matter who won.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

No one wants more immigrants. This country has absolutely need for any new immigrants. We are stinkin’ full. The gate’s closed. No more.

And see see how that’s not racist at all? Even to Mitt Romney that would be hard to spin as racist. Everyone can not come in equally.
    Challenge accepted ...

Not letting non-whites into the country? That's racist.

"Equally" not letting whites into the country, either? So what? You're not letting non-whites in. Still racist.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Again, seems to me Barak telling Deborah to come tag along on an attack. And she does. And good on her! Way to be obedient! Again, this is what women are supposed to do.

And even Deborah herself realizes and points out how degenerate and humiliating it is for Israel to be being ruler over by a woman. Not natural. Not right. A humiliation and national disgrace. Just shows how bad things were at the time.
    True, she didn't try to lead the cavalry charge and she is the only female judge in their history.
    There are also scriptural passages that describe being ruled by women as a curse on a land.

Just as a minor footnote I will point out that there was also a prophetess at the Temple when Joseph and Mary took Jesus there as an infant. (But she wasn't ruling the land and the people and their religious leaders were in pretty bad shape at that time too)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Full stop.
    You also are on a completely different level as to the depth of problems you think we have. The gravity of the sitch. We do not have 10-18 year problems in this country. We have 200-year , 500 year problems. We have problems that to all accounts cannot and will not be solved. But I believe that we shall solve them, with Faustian Promethian will.

But it’s gonna take everything we’ve got and it’s gonna be unprecedented. So blow off that 10-18 years. Come join me further down the Bunny Hole.

You also are on a completely different level as to the depth of problems you think we have. The gravity of the sitch. We do not have 10-18 year problems in this country. We have 200-year , 500 year problems. We have problems that to all accounts cannot and will not be solved. But I believe that we shall solve them, with Faustian Promethian will.

But it’s gonna take everything we’ve got and it’s gonna be unprecedented. So blow off that 10-18 years. Come join me further down the Bunny Hole.
    I'm willing to stop all immigration until further notice and then consider that you may be right before starting it up again after 10-18 years, if things aren't looking solved at that point then just keep the freeze going for another 20 years and reconsider again etc..
    You are probably right if we don't either deport massive numbers of immigrants who are already here or divide the country.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 01-18-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Of course there is - if only as corollary to the Law of Diminishing Returns. Even if we regard immigration as having no value - or even as having only negative value - then there is still some point "on the margin" at which (further) prevention of immigration becomes suboptimal. Even for entirely unmitigated "bads", there will always be some non-zero "optimal" amount.

DISCLAIMER: I oppose all public immigration policies, from "zero immigration" to "open borders". I do not "take sides" on this issue any more than I "take sides" on whether public schools should teach evolution or creationism - or both, or neither. (The only correct answer to that question is, of course, "There shouldn't be any public schools ...") And despite the many glib and sanguine pronouncements emphatically made by those who have staked themselves to one or the other end of the "immigration policy" spectrum (as it is typically understood), the issue is fraught with "pick your poison" caveats at both ends ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 01-18-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Challenge accepted ...
    Not letting non-whites into the country? That's racist.

"Equally" not letting whites into the country, either? So what? You're not letting non-whites in. Still racist.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
    Yes, but could Mitt sell it? Remember he has to sell it in Utah.

I do not think he could.

But it that’s not what you were addressing, and you are absolutely right in what you are saying: it would be seen as horribly racist to about 40% of the U.S. population.

What’s more, I don’t even disagree with these people! They will be absolutely right: it *will* be racist to stop all immigration. Legitimately racist.

But to the 60% who aren’t socially-acceptable drones and thus (for the moment, in current social dynamic) insane liberals, they will not be able to be convinced that such a thing is racist and to feel guilty for wanting to support it, and thus denounce it louder than the liberals to prove their Righteousness (like segregation and so many issues). It’s too strongly Fair Play. It’s Just (as in Justice). It’s Equal. They’re gonna support it.

Even tge cuckiest of the normie conservatives is gonna support it.

Just Close The Door.
    Last edited by H_H; 01-19-2019 at 09:23 AM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Of course there is - if only as corollary to the Law of Diminishing Returns. Even if we regard immigration as having no value - or even as having only negative value - then there is still some point "on the margin" at which (further) prevention of immigration becomes suboptimal. Even for entirely unmitigated "bads", there will always be some non-zero "optimal" amount.

DISCLAIMER: I oppose all public immigration policies, from "zero immigration" to "open borders". I do not "take sides" on this issue any more than I "take sides" on whether public schools should teach evolution or creationism - or both, or neither. (The only correct answer to that question is, of course, "There shouldn't be any public schools ...") And despite the many glib and sanguine pronouncements emphatically made by those who have staked themselves to one or the other end of the "immigration policy" spectrum (as it is typically understood), the issue is fraught with "pick your poison" caveats at both ends ...
    Thank you very much for keeping things accurate and keeping the discussion to a much higher level than it would be without you.

Your logic is, of course, impeccable, and you are absolutely right.

I'm willing to stop all immigration until further notice and then consider that you may be right before starting it up again after 10-18 years, if things aren't looking solved at that point then just keep the freeze going for another 20 years and reconsider again etc..
    You are probably right if we don't either deport massive numbers of immigrants who are already here or divide the country.
    I mean, again: what problem are you trying to solve that you think could be solved in ten years?

The destruction of the work ethic among young White American men?
    The complete degradation of our art, our music, our literature, and then by now its practical elimination?
    The coming automation revolution, in light of the fact that 50% of men will always be of below-average abilities? Where will these men find a place in society? How will they be productive?
    The complete destruction of the family? This is the worst thing that was ever done to anyone in history. Kinder to just slaughter everyone.

From top to bottom, our civ is infected. From top to bottom, it is based on insane lies. It is collapsing; nay: it has collapsed, and people just can’t see it because we still have gadgets and creature comforts. Running on fumes, guys. Give it 50 years like this. It’ll all be gone. Indoor plumbing don’t run without Mozarts, and it defs don’t run on two mommies.

I mean, again: what problem are you trying to solve that you think could be solved in ten years?

The destruction of the work ethic among young White American men?
    The complete degradation of our art, our music, our literature, and then by now its practical elimination?
    The coming automation revolution, in light of the fact that 50% of men will always be of below-average abilities? Where will these men find a place in society? How will they be productive?
    The complete destruction of the family? This is the worst thing that was ever done to anyone in history. Kinder to just slaughter everyone.

From top to bottom, our civ is infected. From top to bottom, it is based on insane lies. It is collapsing; nay: it has collapsed, and people just can’t see it because we still have gadgets and creature comforts. Running on fumes, guys. Give it 50 years like this. It’ll all be gone. Indoor plumbing don’t run without Mozarts, and it defs don’t run on two mommies.
    The separation of the sheep from the goats is what I would hope to accomplish, the secession/expulsion of the deep blue states and the deportation of as many immigrants as possible.

I understand what you are saying and the odds are high that you are right and it will take much longer before we would be ready to accept even a small number of immigrants again.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The part about China is just plain wrong, communism has destroyed their culture, values and morality and they are headed for a collapse.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You need to actually read it...

Then you will know Barak's cowardliness and why the victory was taken from him by a WOMAN.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Women have never once been historically relevant.

Them we we can just lock in cages. As all civilized civilizations always have. Metaphorically speaking.
    Locking more than half the population in metaphorical cages. How very libertarian of you.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

idiom, since you like dressing up as a woman, there is a constellation of other behaviors you may or may not... but likely may... be “into.”

So let me ask: is letting other men stick their body parts into your rear, is *that* the high point of your culture?

Are you into “rimming,” idiom? Is that from whence comes your apparently deep and active concern as to the cleanliness of other men’s rear ends?

Just wondering, kiwi bro! Look forward to hearing back, mate!
    One day, when you successfully lure a woman into a cage, you may discover women have $#@!s too.

You got anything other than suggesting someone is gay? Is that still supposed to be a negative?
    In New Zealand:
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    Prostitution is legal

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Locking more than half the population in metaphorical cages. How very libertarian of you.
    Who said anything about metaphor, dude? That’s you talking, not me.

One day, when you successfully lure a woman into a cage, you may discover women have $#@!s too.

You got anything other than suggesting someone is gay? Is that still supposed to be a negative?
    Dude, use your memory. I am a member of one of the few ethno-religio organizations in the US that still have functional intact families. It’s us and the Anabaptists, man. Still going strong. We’ve got an outpost out in Kiwi-land, too — you may have run across us. An apostate (woman, LOL!) was even your Supreme Kiwi Ruler a while back; still is? And ‘member that I announced my marriage on this very site years ago. You yourself probably congratulated me (unless that would have been toohomophobic for you? It wasn’t in that Current Year, I think. Maybe now it probably is. ).

so yeah. My cage is fully operational, bro. Get your life in order and getchoself one, bro. The hedonism schtick will never lead to fulfillment and meaning in life. It’s just stupid. So stupid. So sad.

The part about China is just plain wrong, communism has destroyed their culture, values and morality and they are headed for a collapse.
    Sigh.

What even to say?

I am qualified to have an intelligent opinion about China, for a variety of reasons. You, I think, are not. You are trying to force-fit a mature and historically-aware civilization into a hyper-simplistic Boomer world of make believe where everything is about Communism.

Let me clue you: Ronald Reagan is dead.

Let him go.

He wasn’t so hot when he was alive.

You don’t need to try to be him, in 2019.

China is is growing cotton on the moon without even bringing any black slave labor and growing genetically-engineered super-humans back Earth-side. This is collapse?

Meanwhile in Free USA we spend ka-billions putting on modern art shows for Haitians. Feeding trannies. And putting starving Hondurans fleeing the brutal Syrian civil war in charge of teaching our children how to do sex. This be freedoms, dawg!

“...Where at least I kno-ow I’m free....”. Grab my hand and sway, bro! Hold up a lighter.

Also note, friends: No denial.

Helmuth knows all and remembers all.

So review the ole’ back ‘n’ forth:

Idiom:

All white people should feel ashamed and inferior, because
    White people use toilet paper, and
    I, idiom, find using toilet paper yucky

Helmuth rejoins:
    Maybe many normal people might find the things *you* do, like licking butts, to be yucky?

Idiom:

Gay things can never be yucky; that is just homophobic; you can’t say negative things about gayness in Current Year (note: did not receive memo: Current Year ended; we are now living in Next Year.)

Sorry, you gotta step it up, bro. Pretty sure nobody is going to feel using toilet paper is yuckier than licking butts. It’s Next Year.

Sigh.

What even to say?

I am qualified to have an intelligent opinion about China, for a variety of reasons. You, I think, are not. You are trying to force-fit a mature and historically-aware civilization into a hyper-simplistic Boomer world of make believe where everything is about Communism.

Let me clue you: Ronald Reagan is dead.

Let him go.

He wasn’t so hot when he was alive.

You don’t need to try to be him, in 2019.

China is is growing cotton on the moon without even bringing any black slave labor and growing genetically-engineered super-humans back Earth-side. This is collapse?

Meanwhile in Free USA we spend ka-billions putting on modern art shows for Haitians. Feeding trannies. And putting starving Hondurans fleeing the brutal Syrian civil war in charge of teaching our children how to do sex. This be freedoms, dawg!

“...Where at least I kno-ow I’m free....”. Grab my hand and sway, bro! Hold up a lighter.
    I didn't defend the state of America at all but China is a Potemkin village with much bigger problems than you seem to think.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Also note, friends: No denial.

Helmuth knows all and remembers all.

So review the ole’ back ‘n’ forth:

Idiom:

All white people should feel ashamed and inferior, because
    White people use toilet paper, and
    I, idiom, find using toilet paper yucky

Helmuth rejoins:
    Maybe many normal people might find the things *you* do, like licking butts, to be yucky?

Idiom:

Gay things can never be yucky; that is just homophobic; you can’t say negative things about gayness in Current Year (note: did not receive memo: Current Year ended; we are now living in Next Year.)

Sorry, you gotta step it up, bro. Pretty sure nobody is going to feel using toilet paper is yuckier than licking butts. It’s Next Year.
    Your claim is that certain white people are genetically incapable of washing their asses, because use of toilet paper instead of a bidet is cultural and culture is genetic.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

I am a member of one of the few ethno-religio organizations in the US that still have functional intact families.
    Lots of people on this forum have also left abusive religious cults. There is help available when you decide to leave, but we are also pretty polite about letting you do your thing.

At least when I go out in public I am self-aware enough to know I look ridiculous.
    Last edited by idiom; 01-21-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Your claim is that certain white people are genetically incapable of washing their asses, because use of toilet paper instead of a bidet is cultural and culture is genetic.
    He didn't say all culture was entirely genetic and TP/bidet is much less important than liberty.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lots of people on this forum have also left abusive religious cults. There is help available when you decide to leave, but we are also pretty polite about letting you do your thing.

At least when I go out in public I am self-aware enough to know I look ridiculous.
    You are the creepy weirdo, it isn't normal people's fault that your cult has taken over the world.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He didn't say all culture was entirely genetic and TP/bidet is much less important than liberty.
    Singapore and Hong Kong rank top in the economic freedom indexes. The United States is like 18th or something.

Ergo Chinese are just genetically more inclined to freedom than Americans?
    In New Zealand:
    Prostitution is legal

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast