Thread: IL-State rep: "Forget the fine, we'll just TAKE your guns instead"

Exclamation IL-State rep: "Forget the fine, we'll just TAKE your guns instead"

IL Sen. Taunts Gun Owner: Forget the Fine, Maybe We’ll Just Take Your Firearms

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...your-firearms/

AWR HAWKINS18 Jun 2019

Illinois State Sen. Julie Morrison (D) taunted a concerned gun owner during a town hall by telling him she might forgo fining him and simply confiscate his firearms.

The exchange was caught on video by the Illinois State Rifle Association and was tied to proposed fines for keeping commonly owned semiautomatic firearms in one’s home.

The concerned gun owner pointed to SB107 and said the purpose of it was “to take away [his] semiautomatic firearms.”

Morrison then interjected that the purpose was not to take them, but to prevent any future sales.

The gun owner responded by pointing out that the ban on future sales included a fine for current owners who did not hand their guns over. He said, “You want me to turn them over to the state police unless I pay a fine for each firearm and register them, then I get to keep them.”

Morrison concurred, saying, “Okay.”

The gun owner then asked, “If I get to keep it–if I pay a fine and register it–then, how dangerous is it in the first place and why do you need to ban it all?”

People in attendance applauded the gun owner’s point and once applause died Morrison said, “Well, you just maybe changed my mind. Maybe we won’t have a fine at all, maybe it’ll just be a confiscation and we won’t have to worry about paying the fine.”

NRATV’s Cam Edwards commented on the exchange that drew Sen. Morrison into the light, where she openly talked confiscation. He described it as part of a larger “push-back” characterized by Second Amendment Sanctuary declarations in southern counties in Illinois.

Edwards said, “It’s been interesting to see this push-back in Illinois. Obviously, over the last few years we’ve seen a lot of counties outside of the Chicago-land area have been very vocal in pushing back. But I’ve got to tell you, I’ve been really impressed by the number of gun owners in northern Illinois…who have been speaking out.”
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When the civil war comes...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Ya , guy probably wanna keep his semi auto rifles for when they come to take them .
    Do something Danke

politicians want you to have the tiniest pea shooter pistol in your house when a gang of thugs come to rob you
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    When the civil war comes...
    If a civil war happens.

It'll be because Hillary
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Normally I'd say the people would fight that, but considering that this is Illinois were talking about, they'll all probably obey.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    but considering that this is Illinois were talking about, they'll all probably obey.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If a civil war happens.

It'll be because Hillary
    I see the electoral college situation as the beginning...
    “The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world it leaves to its children.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Liberals are for women's rights, that's why they won't stop until
    every woman in America is disarmed and unable to defend herself
    against rapists and murderers.

He should have said "If this is your belief will you be the first in the stack to come through my front door to take them? Or are your beliefs based on the fact that others will do your bidding? The fathers, the mothers, of law-enforcement? You talk a good game. But are you willing to back it? Personally?""

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    He should have said "If this is your belief will you be the first in the stack to come through my front door to take them? Or are your beliefs based on the fact that others will do your bidding? The fathers, the mothers, of law-enforcement? You talk a good game. But are you willing to back it? Personally?""

Seriously though, that's exactly what he should have said to that cowardly traitor.
    Excellent response.