Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural gas shortages may lead to blackouts across the northeast this winter

Exclamation Natural gas shortages may lead to blackouts across the northeast this winter

h/t to @Swordsmyth

Power grid operator ISO New England is warning there could be blackouts or controlled outages if we get severe cold weather this season.

https://www.wfsb.com/news/natural-ga...lock_id=994091

It all has to do with the natural gas shortages and the supply chain issues we are seeing globally.

If the weather stays like we have been experiencing recently, then they will have enough electricity for New England, but if several cold days come, they might not have enough energy to distribute to companies, like Eversource and United Illuminating.

New England depends heavily on natural gas to create electricity and because there is a shortage, we might not have enough to meet the demand if we get bad weather.

Many people will be turning up the heat, but none could come out.

Every winter, ISO New England announces projections for the season, but as the pandemic and supply chain issues continue, the projection includes possible power shutdowns.

"Those outages will be required by the ISO to make sure the entire grid does not shut down for the regions. It's disconcerting to say the least, because we delegated that authority as a state to the ISO," PURA chairman Marissa Gillett tells us.

While ISO New England is where electricity comes from...

"We are really dependent on natural gas for the creation of electricity. The natural gas system into the region is pretty much loaded up if we get into cold periods, those from a heating perspective and an electricity perspective," Anne George, vice president of external affairs and communication for ISO New England stated.

If temperatures go below normal or freezing for several days and there isn't enough electricity, ISO could tell providers to shut down power.

"We have a woodstove, things like that. Hopefully that suffices," Christine Casarella of Rocky Hill said.

"I think they should find a better way to rectify the problem instead of having these, so called, blackouts," Terri-Ann Mundle of Hartford noted.

These power outages could prevent the grid from collapsing, like we saw in Texas.

"Looking to our distribution utilities to make sure they have in place plans for how they will communicate to customers if these rolling outages become necessary," Gillett said.

ISO says blackouts are a worst case scenario, but counting on other energy types is also concerning.

"We need to look for other fuels, like liquified natural gas that gets shipped in from overseas and we have global supply concerns this year. We also can turn to oil generation for electricity and oil, because of supply chain issues is also potentially at risk," George added.

PURA says they will be meeting next week with utility companies to make sure plans are in place if these blackouts need to happen.

We reached out to Eversource and they say they are prepared and have plans in place before shutting off power, but they will count on ISO's guidance.

We are still waiting to hear back from other companies like United Illuminating, Southern Connecticut Gas and Connecticut Natural Gas.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh dear, running out of natural gas, are we?

Power going out and people freezing in their homes, are they?

Maybe you assenholes should not have threatened to throw me in jail for committing the crime of doing my part to supply cheap, clean, abundant fuel.

Maybe you addlepated asses should not have blown up damn near every hydroelectric dam in New England to protect the three assed rock snail, while burning an ugly powerline scar all the way from Canada across the pristine North Woods to move the exact same type of power from Canada down to Boston.

Maybe you smelly hippies should not have protested every $#@!ing nuke plant in the region.

Maybe you half wits should have paid attention when people who can achieve competency in basic math proved that even if you erected ten go-zillion ugly ass wind turbines, they would still not create the amount of energy needed to power the New England grid.

Maybe you three bong hit saviors of the world should have allowed new pipeline construction and new LNG ports to be built.

And now you're worried that maybe you'll end up cold, hungry and in the dark this winter.

Well, $#@! you.

Hope you $#@!ing freeze, every last one of you.

I've Gone Galt because of what you wanted to do to me. I'll survive regardless.

I'm just one tiny part of massive chain of people that have to work as one to get the lights to come on and the heat to come up.

It took a lifetime to acquire the skills to do my part of that dance.

Guess what? I'm not going to anymore.

Go drill for your own oil and gas...see how far you get before you blow yourselves to Kingdom Come.

I'll be here laughing at your asses while you fry.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Oh well. I'm not there anymore. I don't miss that cold winter $#@! at all. We have had the windows open 24/7 since October and probably will until April. I also like the idea that if the power goes out in the middle of summer in Florida it's just hot, you won't freeze and die.

There's no shortage of NG. PA, OH, WV and even parts of NY sit on one of the largest proven reserves of it in the world.

What there IS a shortage of is common sense, especially in NY, where they have effectively banned the installation of pipelines which could feed all the gas they could want in NE from those fields.

Wasn't there a big push in years past to run busses and all kinds of things on the cleaner NG fuel?

Nice and toasty here.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    There's no shortage of NG. PA, OH, WV and even parts of NY sit on one of the largest proven reserves of it in the world.

What there IS a shortage of is common sense, especially in NY, where they have effectively banned the installation of pipelines which could feed all the gas they could want in NE from those fields.

^this^
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

This is pretty much exactly what they want. They can then use this situation to get us on green energy by forcing the change.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fwiw, I read a comment on another forum about a week ago, posted by someone claiming to be a natgas trader very familiar with the gas system in the Northeast. Posted basically said the claim of shortages as a cause of blackouts is complete hogwash. The gas system up there is designed to never have shortages for various reasons and has been perfected over many years. If it happens it's for a different reason. Poster went into detail and very much appeared to know what he was talking about. Either way, the gist was definitely that if power goes out there it's NOT due a shortage of gas.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Fwiw, I read a comment on another forum about a week ago, posted by someone claiming to be a natgas trader very familiar with the gas system in the Northeast. Posted basically said the claim of shortages as a cause of blackouts is complete hogwash. The gas system up there is designed to never have shortages for various reasons and has been perfected over many years. If it happens it's for a different reason. Poster went into detail and very much appeared to know what he was talking about. Either way, the gist was definitely that if power goes out there it's NOT due a shortage of gas.
    I don't pay enough attention to ISO New England, but in PJM territory, there is no issue. It's not even on the radar here.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Oh dear, running out of natural gas, are we?

Power going out and people freezing in their homes, are they?

Maybe you assenholes should not have threatened to throw me in jail for committing the crime of doing my part to supply cheap, clean, abundant fuel.

Maybe you addlepated asses should not have blown up damn near every hydroelectric dam in New England to protect the three assed rock snail, while burning an ugly powerline scar all the way from Canada across the pristine North Woods to move the exact same type of power from Canada down to Boston.

Maybe you smelly hippies should not have protested every $#@!ing nuke plant in the region.

Maybe you half wits should have paid attention when people who can achieve competency in basic math proved that even if you erected ten go-zillion ugly ass wind turbines, they would still not create the amount of energy needed to power the New England grid.

Maybe you three bong hit saviors of the world should have allowed new pipeline construction and new LNG ports to be built.

And now you're worried that maybe you'll end up cold, hungry and in the dark this winter.

Well, $#@! you.

Hope you $#@!ing freeze, every last one of you.

I've Gone Galt because of what you wanted to do to me. I'll survive regardless.

I'm just one tiny part of massive chain of people that have to work as one to get the lights to come on and the heat to come up.

It took a lifetime to acquire the skills to do my part of that dance.

Guess what? I'm not going to anymore.

Go drill for your own oil and gas...see how far you get before you blow yourselves to Kingdom Come.

I'll be here laughing at your asses while you fry.
    Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.

I know NY has a moratorium on fracking. Also refusing pipelines to transport to New England. At one point even claiming not to use fracked gas in NY. How they would ever distinguish fracked for unfracked gas I’ll never know.
    To me bottom line is follow the price... a few weeks ago gas hit $6 mmbtu - today closing just around $4 mmbtu per Bloomberg energy prices.
    The price will always follow the reserve supply and demand.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

New England Is An Energy Crisis Waiting To Happen

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/new...waiting-happen

by Tyler Durden

Thursday, Dec 30, 2021 - 05:00 PM

Via Doomberg Substack,

“A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.” – Carl Reiner

At its core, the human body is a symphony of chemical reactions. The complexities and interdependencies of the molecular machinery that makes our bodies function are almost too staggering to ponder. As any chemist can attest, chemical reactions are usually quite sensitive to temperature, and sensitivity to temperature varies substantially across reaction pathways. As such, temperature control not only dictates reaction rates, but it also influences product and byproduct distributions. At one temperature, two reagents might react cleanly to produce a desired product with high purity. At a different temperature, an undesirable pathway might become more kinetically favored, leading to the accumulation of unwanted impurities.

One of the miracles of the body is its ability to maintain strict internal temperature control, which allows it to regulate the speed and product distributions of the myriad of chemical reactions that are occurring inside you as you read this. The equilibria are delicate, so much so that fluctuations of a mere few degrees can be fatal. This concept of “normal” body temperature is widely understood, but its direct, vital connection to the core chemical reactions occurring inside you is less well known.

Because internal temperature is critical to sustaining life, the body has developed elaborate heat management systems, including discomfort nudges (like shivering and sweating) that are meant to directly generate or shed heat and motivate you to relocate to a more suitable environment. If you stand outside for a few minutes in the winter wearing nothing but shorts and a t-shirt, you become uncomfortable rather quickly. Return inside to a warm fire and a rewarding comfort envelops you. Just don’t get too close to the fire, lest the body be forced to nudge you back outside.

Thermal comfort is the technical phrase that describes the human need to maintain a reasonable temperature and humidity environment, and it is generally accepted that people are most comfortable when the temperature is between 67°F and 82°F and the humidity is between 30% and 60%. It should come as no surprise to most readers that we invest a staggering amount of energy on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) to keep ourselves in such favorable settings. The US Department of Energy estimates that 40% of the country’s CO2 emissions can be traced back to the need to achieve thermal comfort, significantly more energy than is used in the transportation sector. When we at Doomberg say energy is life, we aren’t just referencing the energy that goes into producing food or clean water – exposure to the elements and lack of thermal control will kill you much faster than a shortage of either of those.

Consider Boston, Massachusetts, the unofficial capital of New England (for our international readers, New England consists of six states in the US Northeast, namely Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont). Given its northern latitude, the citizens of Boston experience cold and sometimes brutal winters, but more reasonable summers. Globally, far more people die from exposure to cold than to heat, and this makes winter energy policy especially consequential. In the chart below, we’ve plotted the daily average high and low temperatures for the city and overlaid the thermal comfort zone for easy reference. Not surprisingly, the coldest months of the year are December, January, and February. During these months, an enormous amount of energy is consumed as the population seeks to achieve thermal comfort, and the amount of energy needed to do this is bounded by the laws of physics – it scales with the delta from the thermal comfort zone – and, as a practical matter, the tactics deployed at the extremes are highly inefficient.

In her excellent book Shorting the Grid: The Hidden Fragility of Our Electric Grid, Meredith Angwin describes how a combination of bad policy, complicated governance, and dense bureaucracy has made the entire electric grid of New England incredibly vulnerable to collapse, especially during winter cold snaps (you can buy Angwin’s book here and follow her Twitter account here). She tells the story of how Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs) like ISO New England have evolved to oversee bulk electric power systems and transmission lines, and how producers of electricity must subordinate their natural gas consumption for use in home heating during extreme cold weather events. Of course, the demand for electricity skyrockets during these same extreme events as people supplement their home heating needs with electric space heaters, further exacerbating the problem.

Angwin goes on the tell the story of how New England’s electric grid nearly collapsed during cold snaps in late December 2017 and early January 2018. In the book, she quotes from an op-ed she wrote for the Valley News shortly after the incident (emphasis added throughout this piece):

“Around 5:00 P.M. on January 6, 2018, I snapped a light on as the sun went down. The temperature was around minus 8 degrees Fahrenheit. It had been zero at lunchtime and would be minus 15 the next morning. As usual, the light went on. As grid operator ISO New England had planned, oil had saved the grid. During that very cold week, about one-third of New England’s electricity came from burning oil. The people at ISO-NE might think it is unfair to say that they planned to save the grid with oil, but they did, because of the Winter Reliability Program.”

She goes on to describe that while burning oil had averted disaster, it had only barely done so. The grid was hours away from rolling blackouts before the weather thankfully turned warmer. The book then covers the broken interplay between policy, markets, and fuel security, how renewables impact the grid, and her thoughts on a more rational path forward. It is well worth a full read.

You would think that the near collapse of their energy grid would have motivated the good people of New England to get serious about shoring up their energy needs ahead of future cold snaps. You would be wrong. Instead, they have set about the task of systematically dismantling existing critical infrastructure and blocking the development of proven technologies. In 2019, the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station was shuttered, leaving New England with only two nuclear power facilities. There are no plans to build more.

More urgently, virtually every attempt to expand the region’s natural gas pipeline infrastructure has been delayed, blocked, or abandoned. Here’s a sobering report from InsideSources from mid-2019 that describes the situation:

“As activists become more adept at enlisting government in their war on oil and gas pipelines, even small projects are becoming difficult to build.

Last month, voters in Longmeadow, Mass., approved a non-binding ballot measure encouraging the town to buy land to block a local natural gas metering and transfer station.

This past Earth Day, the mayor of Holyoke, Mass., announced his opposition to a proposed 2.1-mile, 12-inch natural gas pipeline that would increase capacity to meet rising demand. He asked federal regulators to reject the pipeline.

In March, the Bristol, Vt., Selectboard voted to cancel a license agreement with Vermont Gas that would have allowed Bristol residents to connect to a gas line that runs from Colchester to Middlebury, vtdigger.com reported.

From large, interstate pipelines to small lines connecting towns and neighborhoods, anti-fossil fuel activists have proven highly successful at blocking, through regulations or lawsuits, new natural gas infrastructure in the Northeastern United States.”

Just last month, voters in Maine killed an electricity transmission line project that would have brought renewable hydro power from Quebec to Massachusetts. Here’s a report from the Boston Globe:

“In what appears to be a stunning setback to Massachusetts’ climate goals, Maine voters on Tuesday rejected a referendum on a transmission line that would bring hydroelectric energy from Canada to the Bay State.

As of just before midnight, with 421 of the state’s 571 precincts reporting, a “yes” vote to stop the $1 billion project that is already under construction had garnered 60 percent support, according to unofficial results.

Energy from the line is a key part of how Massachusetts plans to achieve its goal of halving emissions by the end of the decade. The Maine vote does not spell the immediate end of the project, as the line’s supporters are already saying they will contest the referendum in court, but even that will likely result in a set-back to the project’s planned timeline—and there is no time to waste.”

The great irony of the situation is New England sits only a few hundred miles from the most prolific natural gas producing region on Earth – the Appalachian Basin. According to the US EIA, if the region were a standalone country it would have been the third largest natural gas producer in the world in the first half of 2021, behind only Russia and the rest of the US. And yet, by refusing to build the necessary pipeline infrastructure, New England has opted out of sharing in this critical domestic bounty. If any thought leaders from the region are reading this piece, the Doomberg team put together this handy guide to solving your regional energy problems:

If New England’s refusal to use natural gas from right next door is ironic, how it sources liquefied natural gas (LNG) is downright perverse, albeit for reasons mostly beyond its control. We’ve written before about how the US has become a substantial player in the LNG market, and how the energy crisis in Europe spread to Asia, causing a bidding war for LNG supply. As luck would have it, New England is a now victim of that bidding war and is facing the prospect of dramatically less LNG supply this winter. How did this happen?

One of the most controversial laws in the US is the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, more commonly known as the Jones Act. The law is meant to help ensure a healthy US merchant marine fleet and to support domestic shipbuilding. These are considered critical to national security, especially during times of war. A key stipulation of the law is that foreign-owned ships cannot transport goods between two US ports – only ships built, owned, and crewed by Americans are permitted to do so.

While the US has become the largest producer of natural gas and an ever-larger exporter of LNG, the country does not produce LNG carriers. Since there are no US LNG carriers, New England cannot benefit from the build-out of LNG export facilities along the Gulf of Mexico, despite having significant LNG import facilities like the one in Everett, Massachusetts. That means New England is in the same bidding pool as Europe and Asia. Amazingly, most LNG imports to the Everett terminal have come from Trinidad and Tobago! Instead of simply building pipelines to its land neighbors, New England pays for boats to sail more than 2,000 miles – burning fossil fuels and polluting the oceans as they do so – and pays a substantially higher price for the privilege. Bonkers!

As we head into the depths of winter, New England is substantially behind in procuring LNG from the international market. Here’s how S&P Global described the situation last week:

“So far this winter season, New England has received just a single cargo at the region's Everett LNG import terminal, which delivered the regasified equivalent of about 2.9 Bcf on Nov. 3. From November to March last season, Everett received seven cargoes carrying 20.5 Bcf. During the 2019-2020 season, the terminal took nine cargoes carrying nearly 23.5 Bcf, Platts Analytics data shows.”

We leave you with a tweet we posted a week ago today that went viral. At the time of this writing, it has been seen by nearly 250,000 people and has over 1,900 likes. With less nuclear, insufficient natural gas pipelines, and no LNG available to save the day, New England is one cold snap away from a substantial disaster. If you live there, prepare your thermal comfort zone accordingly.

New England opposed natural gas pipelines and shut down nuclear. If you live in New England, I suggest you pick up a wool blanket or two. In the war between platitudes and physics, physics is undefeated.
    — Doomberg (@DoombergT) December 24, 2021

And this is the long term manifestation which ran me out of the business and prompted me to Go Galt.

The stunning drop in new discoveries has nothing at all to do with actual reductions in amounts to be found or new technology finding new fields.

It is the result of government action, particularly the US government's action, to ban new drilling and permitting from day one of The Thing's administration.

No sane CEO would commit to a multi billion drilling project in today's environment.

Enjoy your Chairman Mao bicycles, comrades.

Thursday's Absurdity: The Coming ESG-Induced Energy Crisis is Inevitable

https://davidblackmon.substack.com/p...the-coming-esg

David Blackmon

Rystad Energy reports that global oil and gas discoveries will hit their lowest point in 75 years during 2021.

The linked story at NGI notes that:

Total discovered volumes through November were calculated at 4.7 billion boe, according to an analysis by Rystad Energy. No major discoveries had been announced through the first three weeks of December, setting the industry on course for its “worst discoveries toll since 1946.”

By comparison, around 12.5 billion boe was unearthed around the globe in 2020, the consultancy noted.

This finding is the inevitable outcome of a massive under-investment in the finding of new oil and gas resources since 2015, a spending deficit which Rystad estimated earlier this year to have now accumulated to upwards of half a trillion dollars. That gargantuan amount of under-investment is not something that can be corrected in the near-term. By comparison, ExxonMobil plans for its entire annual capital budget from 2022-25 to come in at $20-25 billion per year.

The next inevitable outcome of this lack of investment needed to find new reserves to meet future global demands for oil and natural gas will be a major supply/demand trainwreck that will create a severe energy crisis sometime in the next few years. If the rising global demand trend continues in the coming years, that trainwreck will come no later than the 2023/2024 time frame.

If you think U.S. prices for gasoline or European costs of home heating and electricity are high today, just wait until you see where they are come 2025, after prices for oil and natural gas have tripled from current levels.

When that inevitable event comes about, you should all give a call to your favorite ESG investor group executives at firms like BlackRock, UBS, JP Morgan Chase and State Street and thank them for playing such a major role in creating the energy disaster you will all be living through.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 12-31-2021 at 05:43 AM.

I love how all of these pieces also fail to note that hydro power is decreasing, as greenies remove dams every year.

In 2015 31% of Maine's power came from hydro.

By 2021 that had dropped to 25%

Of course, as hydro power is the only renewable that does not depend on the sun shining or the wind blowing.

I love how all of these pieces also fail to note that hydro power is decreasing, as greenies remove dams every year.

In 2015 31% of Maine's power came from hydro.

By 2021 that had dropped to 25%

Of course, as hydro power is the only renewable that does not depend on the sun shining or the wind blowing.
    Hydro is still the backup for the entire system. If there was a major brownout and lockdown of the grid, it would be hydro that would kick start it. Coal, Nuclear, Geo, and Nat gas all require some electricity to generate more electricity. Wind and solar are unreliable when you might need them.

Hydro is the best power with the fewest tradeoffs. But hey, can't have an impact on the life of a hopping slither eel, or whatever.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We have a crisis of gas prices here as well. But it's simply a choice made by the government to stop drilling and to not want to buy gas from Russia... Results below:

But in the end it's because they want everyone to switch to everything on electricity (even though that's mostly made with natural gas too).
    "I am a bird"

Just wait until a fleet of millions and millions of EVs start using the grid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    We have a crisis of gas prices here as well. But it's simply a choice made by the government to stop drilling and to not want to buy gas from Russia... Results below:

But in the end it's because they want everyone to switch to everything on electricity (even though that's mostly made with natural gas too).

Just wait until a fleet of millions and millions of EVs start using the grid as well.
    That's already occurring. The grid used to be stable here and we used to laugh at outages in the US. Not anymore.
    "I am a bird"

I remember a family living, I think in PA years ago, that lived without electricity. I do not think it is legal to be in a home in a city that is not hooked up to the grid. If you adapt and learn to survive without the grid they will probably come for you and yours and lock you up. The greenest person would be the one that doesn't consume the energy. Doesn't society demonize those that live in a shack without electricity or running water? Isn't that hypocritical?

Overall , from here the Northeast is considered to be like a failed vassel state like california .
    Do something Danke

Not quite. They boycott Russia and try to get everything running on electricity. The desired result is not the switch to electric. You see, a lot of EU politicians have something in common with Biden, Romney and Pelosi.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Not quite. They boycott Russia and try to get everything running on electricity. The desired result is not the switch to electric. You see, a lot of EU politicians have something in common with Biden, Romney and Pelosi.
    I'm not even sure what the desired result is. The result that will come from it is that everyone will be poorer and chances for a major war will increase. That will be the result. I do not know if that is the intention. And yes I agree, it is not left versus right..
    "I am a bird"

The result that will come from it is that everyone will be poorer and chances for a major war will increase.
    Very much desired results.

I have learned that when our government and press are carrying on about something, the arms merchants' sales will soon go up.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here are ten Biden policies that have ended abundant and affordable energy in America:

1. On his first day as president, Biden canceled completion of the Keystone XL Pipeline, taking away thousands of American jobs, reducing domestic energy production, and driving up the cost of oil.

2. One of Biden’s first actions as president was suspending oil and gas leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and New Mexico.

3. Biden’s Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reinstalled regulations that restrict domestic energy production, including resurrecting the “Waters of the United States” rule that limits how farmers and ranchers can use their land.

4. Last month the EPA announced new regulations for methane emissions from oil and gas production, transmission, storage, and distribution. The American Petroleum Institute estimated that the Democrats’ desired ban on oil and gas development on federal lands would cause nearly 1 million Americans to lose their jobs, and cost the U.S. $500 billion to import gas.

5. Biden’s EPA is also pushing a new rule regulating greenhouse gas emissions from vehicles. That regulation is estimated to raise the average vehicle price by $1,000.

6. President Donald Trump pulled the United States out of the Paris Climate Accord, citing its harm to American jobs and the U.S. economy. Biden rejoined the United Nation’s globalist project, which will result in more energy regulations and restrictions and drive up the cost of domestic energy, including gasoline and heating.

7. Biden’s decision to put a moratorium on oil and gas leasing on federal land and his goal of banning hydraulic fracking will no doubt please Russia and OPEC as the U.S. loses its energy independence and increases its dependence on foreign oil and gas.

8. Biden vowed to prohibit fracking, which will cause a massive loss in American jobs. “Banning fracking, as Biden has promised to do, would eliminate 19 million jobs between 2021-2025,” according to the House Republican Policy Committee.

9. Biden’s policies have resulted in skyrocketing prices at the gas pump. A year ago — in November 2020 — the average gas price was $2.11 per gallon. By November 2021, the national average gas price had shot up to $3.42. Americans paid 61 percent more for gas as inflation soared to a 30-year high.

10. Biden’s Build Back Better plan would spend taxpayer dollars to force utilities to use more expensive forms of energy (as called for in the Green New Deal), reducing energy choices and raising costs for American consumers

Biden , scumer , pelosi are anti american energy terrorists . So yes I suppose it could be left vs right because the right should be encouraging energy business.
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-03-2022 at 09:53 AM.
    Do something Danke

Via ZeroHedge

Europe's energy crisis is coming to New England as the state is one cold snap away from soaring natural gas prices. New England has refused to build the necessary pipeline infrastructure to expand gas flows from the Appalachian Basin. It has even shuttered a nuclear power plant.
    Believe it or not, New England's electricity grid is extremely fragile. Instead of building pipelines to neighboring states, New England imports liquefied natural gas (LNG) overseas.
    Expecting impending doom, commodity traders have anchored two LNG tankers off Boston's coast, waiting for temperatures to dive so they can take advantage of massive arbitrage opportunities.

Spanish-flagged Cadiz Knutsen and Excelerate Energy's Belgian-flagged Exemplar arrived in Massachusetts Bay earlier this week with cargoes from Atlantic LNG in the Caribbean nation of Trinidad & Tobago. Their arrival is timed just ahead of a weekend cold blast that's expected to plunge temperatures below freezing in one of the most undersupplied and expensive U.S. gas markets. -Bloomberg
    One of the largest NG basins in the world is literally a 5 hour drive from Boston... it's madness.

Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    One of the largest NG basins in the world is literally a 5 hour drive from Boston... it's madness.
    Even closer are the offshore fields around Maine and Nova Scotia.

It is madness.

It is madness.
    @Swordsmyth told you the method behind their madness. They want to use up the rest of the world's energy first, and save North American energy for our weapons. Just in case they get pissy when we won't share.

Your question about whether we will still remember how to get it out of the ground we may never know the answer to.

It is madness.
    If they're so against fossil fuel based heating, they need to ACTUALLY put their money where their mouth is, go outside and turn the valve on their gas meter to off... and not switch to electric heat, because that comes from NG, coal and nuclear as well. They need to put up or shut up, and generate ALL of their heat and electricity from renewables.

This BS of refusing to use domestic NG, but importing it from overseas is all just window dressing. Prove to the world that you don't need it (we can discuss how they're going to get plastics and paints and synthetics, etc., after they've proven they don't need fossil fuels, of course).
    Last edited by A Son of Liberty; 01-03-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast