Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Gunman opens fire on GOP congressional baseball team practice session

Republicans got creamed. 11-2 Domocrats. Trophy goes to Scalise despite loss. Charity raised was double last years amount. $1 million raised. Charities included Washington, DC area charities including The Washington Literacy Center, The Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington, and the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation.

However, because of the sacrifice of "heroes," funds will also be given to United States Capitol Police Memorial Fund and the Fraternal Order of Police.

Because, ya know, with the plethora of police benevolence societies, and the adulation of the mindless, cops need charity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    THe people who watch video never fact check anything. Youtube is just an extension of the boobtube.
    Are you saying the video assertions are not in fact true?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Are you saying the video assertions are not in fact true?
    They lost me at "Human Trafficking."

Looks like he had a list - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-list-n2342395

The list of names included Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks, South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan and Arizona Rep. Trent Franks, TheDC has confirmed.

The FBI has contacted at least one of the three congressmen to inform them of their inclusion on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Scalise doctor hopes for 'excellent recovery'

In his first public comments since the shooting, Dr. Jack Sava of MedStar Washington Hospital Center said it's a "good possibility" that the Louisiana Republican will be able to return to work in his full capacity.
    Sava declined to put a timeline on when that would happen or when Scalise, 51, would be able to leave the hospital. The doctor described how a bullet from an assault rifle entered Scalise's hip and traversed his pelvis, shattering blood vessels, bones and internal organs along the way.
    For now, Scalise remains in critical condition in the hospital's intensive care unit.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/scalise-m...-politics.html
    Gifford took a bullet in the head and managed to return to full capacity.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why? It's just a term.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Gifford took a bullet in the head and managed to return to full capacity.
    Agreed. She is every bit the idiot today that she was prior to taking one in the noggin.

Agreed. She is every bit the idiot today that she was prior to taking one in the noggin.
    Not my joke but: she's living proof you can shoot a liberal in the head and not hit anything important.

Why? It's just a term.
    I don't believe it's the all encompassing global crisis demanding global intervention that they keep pretending it is.

Not my joke but: she's living proof you can shoot a liberal in the head and not hit anything important.
    A little bird told me that the bullet hit at least whatever part of her brain that stores her email password.

I don't believe it's the all encompassing global crisis demanding global intervention that they keep pretending it is.
    Possibly, but were you being shipped off to Sudan in a steamer chest for the purposes of becoming Muhammed's boot-$#@! toy, you might see it otherwise.

I do, however, agree with you that the term is grossly misused pursuant to the ends you seem to imply. But slavery, which involves "trafficking" is real and should not be dismissed just because the Weakmen of the so-called "left" so callously abuse the words, IMO. While I share your disdain for the stupidity of such dishonest and/or inept use of words, I believe it is dangerous practice to dismiss out of hand any report just because terms with such questionable reputations (or even the people) are employed. For example, I utterly despise the contemporary common use of "awesome". Catch me in the right frame and you would find me contemplating my world-class bitchslap to send such offenders bounding across Roane, Kanawha, and Nicholas counties such that they would land in the extreme south-end of Summers, just shy of Mercer. That's a hike beyond 100 miles. And yet, if I am going to be rational, I have to at least give such people benefit of doubt no matter how topsy-turvy a state in which my stomach might find itself.

The shooter had a list of names on his person, they think it is a hit list with easily 10 or 12 names.
    Was his intent "death by cop" or something much worse? I really do admire the two brave cops!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    From Ruby Ridge to Waco to OKC to 9/11 to O-bomb-ya
    the "right" could not find a suitable John Brown.

Maybe the "left" was able to today.

Secession, now, please, for the love of Christ...
    Over the past 48 to 72 hours I have been looking
    at YouTubes that focus on the interface between
    Presidential and Congressional Reconstruction, and
    have been mulling over the idea that Ex-FBI Director
    Mueller has something like the Tenure of Office Act in his favor.
    I then got more depressed when learning that there
    was a list of names found on the body of the shooter.
    He might have been looking for wealthy Democrats, too.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shots Fired at Truck Flying 'Make America Great Again' Flag

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/15/shots-fired-truck-flying-make-america-great-again-flag-i-465-indiana
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Did Edwin Stanton, Honest Abe or VEEP Andy save our Union in 1864/65
    And if so, who should we cuss out today? Keeping in mind the events of 1867,
    if Trump fires Mueller, will the reaction be like Dick Nixon firing Archie Cox?

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    who should we cuss out today?
    Yankees. as always.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

GO GO GO BOSTON RED SOX!!!!!! (Gotta luv our BoSox!)

This whole "Human Trafficking" thing is blown out of proportion. Many of the numbers they are including in HT are nothing more than poor women who have to resort to prostitution in order to get by because they have been down on their luck and out of options. This is not to make light of their situation which is grave, but it's certainly not "slavery"...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Yankees. as always.
    Never hurts

Anyway, who if anyone did this jackass target?

Do you really think it was Rand? If so, why?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Never hurts

The list is out on news sites, primarily contained names of freedom caucus members the article I read said. Randal was not on the list I read.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never hurts

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    The list is out on news sites, primarily contained names of freedom caucus members the article I read said. Randal was not on the list I read.
    You don't think that they would put the REAL target on the list they "FOUND" do you.
    Rand is one of their biggest real headaches.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    One (1) Randal, being a Senator, is worth several FC House members.

If the bolshevik really wanted to kill pro-market reformers, sounds like he $#@!ed up.

I hope hell exists.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 06-16-2017 at 09:58 PM.

You don't think that they would put the REAL target on the list they "FOUND" do you.
    How about that Russia sanctions vote?

Where was Lee, doesn't like basement or what?

How about that Russia sanctions vote?

Where was Lee, doesn't like baseball or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    S. 722 (Countering Iran's Destabilizing Activities Act of 2017) was the overall bill passed on June 15. Rand and Sanders voted 'no'.
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00147

S.Amdt. 232 to S. 722 (Countering Iran's Destabilizing Activities Act of 2017) was an amendment on the bill which passed on June 14. Rand and Mike Lee voted 'no'.
    https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=1&vote=00144

So the final bill put sanctions on both Iran and Russia:
    • Mike Lee wanted sanctions on Iran but not Russia but in the final bill he ended up voting for putting sanctions on both.
    • Sanders wanted sanctions on Russia but not Iran but in the final bill he ended up voting against putting sanctions on both.
    • Rand didn't want sanctions on Russia or Iran and in the final bill he voted against putting sanctions on both.
    Lee Voted for the final bill in order to sanction Iran, even if it meant hitting Russia as well.
    Neither was a good idea.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

This is my thoughts exactly-Rand has really badmouthed the Saudi's though by forcing the vote on the sale of weapons, he hasn't ever said such harsh words against them -ever. I think he see's the millions of starving people in Yemen and he doesn't approve of the arms deals.

That shooter could definitely qualify for one of those so called S.S.G's that infiltrate political movements. One could say that the Sanders movement had a lot to do with Clintons failure, I think Rand Paul would of done a lot better at getting anti war left votes and done better in the primaries if Sanders wasn't around either. The thing about Rand's Saudi vote is he forced that vote, Rand didn't force the Russia/Iran sanctions vote or anything.

Lee Voted for the final bill in order to sanction Iran, even if it meant hitting Russia as well.

Shameful

...I'm disappointed.

Congressional baseball shooting inspires bill to weaken D.C. gun rules

“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” said Rep. Thomas Massie, chairman of the Congressional Second Amendment Caucus. “To ensure public safety, we need to repeal laws that keep good guys from carrying guns.”
    The bill would allow people with a valid concealed carry permit issued from their home state to carry their firearms in the District of Columbia, which currently does not recognize such permits from other jurisdictions and has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation.

More at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...les/102926468/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This shooting was a false flag intended to restore our gun rights.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Steve Scalise Upgraded To ‘Serious Condition’ And Is Speaking To Family

https://www.yahoo.com/news/steve-scalise-upgraded-serious-condition-225754961.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast