Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: No, I will not be wearing a "mandated" mask in public

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    So if you've already had Covid-19 and are fully recovered, why should you wear a mask?
    To be the change they want to see. LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    To be the change they want to see. LOL
    I have a whole flock of fingers that match my middle finger, they can see that change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I have a whole flock of fingers that match my middle finger, they can see that change.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

So far none of the stores I've been in had anything to say about not wearing a mask. Granted, not a lot of places but still.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    So far none of the stores I've been in had anything to say about not wearing a mask. Granted, not a lot of places but still.
    I had one young woman in a small town liquor store tell me I needed a mask as I was headed out to go camping, I just turned around and left. Bought my booze at the next town up the road where the clerk was mask-less. The Corona Karen in front of me asked her why she wasn't wearing a mask and she replied "I refuse to wear one". I pointed right at her when I came up and said 'You, I like'. Got a big smile. I haven't had anyone else give me $#@! for not wearing one yet.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Same here. No grocery store has told me that I need to leave unless I'm wearing a mask.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Let's keep language clean and emotions under control. Also minorities are increasingly exempt from any requirements to wear a mask across various locales thanks to 'diversity is our strength' philosophy that has strong bipartisan support these days.

On a related note, blunt m-word language like below that was used by one of the prominent alpha terminator Republican leaders could further polarize so called 'mask politics'. Luckily many of MAGAites/GOPAites side participants in 'mask politics' drama tend to have strong constitution and less likelihood of any emotional triggering involving snowflake safe spaces debates that sometime spring up among safety-first Dems.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Anyone making COVID-19 masks a 'political issue is an absolute moron'

USA TODAY
    usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/06/18/arnold-schwarzenegger-covid-19-masks-arent-political-issue/3219308001/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most people where I live aren't wearing masks, it's mostly just older people and employees who are required to. Not much community spread if any AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I wore a mask back when Dr. Fauci and the CDC lied (admitted now before Congress) and said that you shouldn't wear masks because masks do more harm than good. I instinctively knew that was a lie. Then the CDC and Dr. Fauci said "everybody wear a mask." More recently they said "Face shields >>>>>>> masks." So......trust the experts? Really? I always keep my mask in my car. I wear it sometimes. Don't wear it all the time. I don't fuss when a store says I have to wear one to go in. I don't freak out when I see people not wearing masks. I try to get plenty of sunshine and fresh air. As for why people are pushing back now more than before. I dunno. But it's probably because it's so in your face. (Pun very much intended). Economics plays a big part as well. The same folks saying "everybody wear masks" (and at first said don't wear masks) are also responsible for 20 to 40 million people being out of work. Back to your lead paint example, while I don't eat lead paint chips, I also don't freak out about local toys needing to be lead paint tested when you can't even buy lead paint in the U.S.
    That everyone should have been wearing masks from early February was obvious; if I knew this, the much better informed people in D.C. knew.

The useless politicians stuck their heads in the sand for a month and half and killed tens of thousands, at least.

Some of them continued this line until last week or so; when reality bludgeoned them into submission.

Mindless tribalism and clown-children politicians aren't a good idea generally, with the error becoming more obvious when there are real dangers.

Good luck to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Where are these overwhelmed hospitals?
    Texas..

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I wore a mask back when Dr. Fauci and the CDC lied (admitted now before Congress) and said that you shouldn't wear masks because masks do more harm than good. I instinctively knew that was a lie. Then the CDC and Dr. Fauci said "everybody wear a mask." More recently they said "Face shields >>>>>>> masks." So......trust the experts? Really? I always keep my mask in my car. I wear it sometimes. Don't wear it all the time. I don't fuss when a store says I have to wear one to go in. I don't freak out when I see people not wearing masks. I try to get plenty of sunshine and fresh air. As for why people are pushing back now more than before. I dunno. But it's probably because it's so in your face. (Pun very much intended). Economics plays a big part as well. The same folks saying "everybody wear masks" (and at first said don't wear masks) are also responsible for 20 to 40 million people being out of work. Back to your lead paint example, while I don't eat lead paint chips, I also don't freak out about local toys needing to be lead paint tested when you can't even buy lead paint in the U.S.
    They told people not to wear masks because they were rationing them for doctors and nurses.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    They told people not to wear masks because they were rationing them for doctors and nurses.
    That's nice that they lied for a good cause. However, when do we know when they are being honest? Has any monarch told you to wear a mask?

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    That's nice that they lied for a good cause. However, when do we know when they are being honest? Has any monarch told you to wear a mask?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	840F14D1-DD28-4AAF-B534-68B2DE9B8346.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	7607
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	840F14D1-DD28-4AAF-B534-68B2DE9B8346.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	7607
    Rev.33 is a libertarian/monarchist. Governors don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Imagine if the Democrats, Fauci and friends had continued telling people to not wear mask, that masks don't help, and leftists were running around shaming people for wearing masks. (Basically what they were doing earlier.) How much different would it be today? I’d dare say that the majority of people would be on opposite sides of this mask controversy right now.
    Imagine if people were dumb enough to believe that masks don't help.

Count me out on that though.

They have had trials. Trials which will prove nothing about effectiveness or long term safety. It will show how many people will die purely as an immediate reaction to getting the vaccine though. Important to know, but has nothing to do with the actual purpose of the vaccine.
    They may never develop a vaccine. I'm banking on a good treatment. myself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Using common sense would be a good start.

Imagine if people were dumb enough to believe that masks don't help.

Which kind of masks?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What the CDC says about masks: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26...3l3fXLhxMP_bXs

Toward the end:

"In this review, we did not find evidence to support a protective effect of personal protective measures or environmental measures in reducing influenza transmission. Although these measures have mechanistic support based on our knowledge of how influenza is transmitted from person to person, randomized trials of hand hygiene and face masks have not demonstrated protection against laboratory-confirmed influenza, with 1 exception (18). We identified only 2 RCTs on environmental cleaning and no RCTs on cough etiquette"
    Last edited by Danke; 07-04-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Which kind of masks?
    N95 masks protect the wearer; the other masks protect others.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

...And all of the people cheering on the (mindlessly partisan) policies of Texas, Florida, etc, or other states with massively rising cases should be put in the corner with the dunce cap. Those retards, you retards, are now endangering the rest of the rest of us. Hug your Trumpy Bear extra hard before your lungs faill you $#@!ing idiots. H. L. Mencken would be speechless; no witty insult is adequate.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    N95 masks protect the wearer; the other masks protect others.
    N95 masks filter out particles up to 3 microns in size. Covid-19 is less than .14 microns.

Then you have to consider that the virus is most easily transmitted by touching your face, and wearing masks makes people touch their face more. Then you have to consider that it is probably inevitable for the virus to spread until herd immunity is reached. Are we just trampling on people's rights and destroying the economy to delay the inevitable? The best course of action is to let young, healthy people spread the virus among themselves until it burns out. That likely would've prevented some deaths by reducing the number of elderly who got infected.

Besides, if "protesting racism is too important to let the pandemic stop it", then people losing their livelihoods, health insurance, and their very lives from other causes, is too important.
    Last edited by misterx; 10-08-2020 at 02:49 PM.

...And all of the people cheering on the (mindlessly partisan) policies of Texas, Florida, etc, or other states with massively rising cases should be put in the corner with the dunce cap. Those retards, you retards, are now endangering the rest of the rest of us. Hug your Trumpy Bear extra hard before your lungs faill you $#@!ing idiots. H. L. Mencken would be speechless; no witty insult is adequate.
    The death rate is plummeting because now the majority of people getting it are young. A sane response would've been to let the young people get it first. It's the retarded people who allowed all the elderly to contract it. Sweden is all but done with it with while retards in America want to keep shutting down over and over again like the dunce who takes two steps out in the rain and then jumps back under cover, only to take two steps out again a moment later and realize he's still doesn't like getting wet.
    Last edited by misterx; 07-04-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    N95 masks filter out particles up to 3 microns in size. Covid-19 is less than .14 microns.
    The virus does not generally float about alone; it exists in capsules of mucous > 3 microns.

Why do you think doctors want them?

So...

Then you have to consider that the face is most easily transmitted by touching your face, and wearing masks makes people touch their face more. Then you have to consider that it is probably inevitable for the virus to spread until herd immunity is reached. Are we just trampling on people's rights and destroying the economy to delay the inevitable? The best course of action is to let young, healthy people spread the virus among themselves until it burns out. That likely would've prevented some deaths by reducing the number of elderly who got infected.

Besides, if "protesting racism is too important to let the pandemic stop it", then people losing their livelihoods, health insurance, and their very lives from other causes, is too important.

The death rate is plummeting because now the majority of people getting it are young. A sane response would've been to let the young people get it first. It's the retarded people who allowed all the elderly to contract it. Sweden is all but done with it with while retards in America want to keep shutting down over and over again like the dunce who takes two steps out in the rain and then jumps back under cover, only to take two steps out again a moment later and realize he's still doesn't like getting wet.
    How many people died of flu last year, with no "lockdowns," etc?

P.S. I am not interested in your opinion; there's no need to respond; I won't. Good luck to you!
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 07-04-2020 at 11:39 PM.

The virus does not generally float about alone; it exists in capsules of mucous > 3 microns.

Why do you think doctors want them?

So...

How many people died of flu last year, with no "lockdowns," etc?
    Doctors are in a hospital setting with the virus everywhere, and they are properly trained on how to fit a mask and not to touch their face. A N95 mask is at least helpful if properly trained, but you really need a P99.

What does the flu last year have to do with anything? Did I say covid-19 was like the flu? Are you saying it's like the flu? You're just evading all my points because you don't have a rational answer, only fear. Go ahead and get in the pool my friend. It's madness to keep dipping your toes because the water is too cold when you know it's not getting any warmer. That virus can wait longer than you, it's going to infect 40% of the population sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Doctors are in a hospital setting with the virus everywhere, and they are properly trained on how to fit a mask and not to touch their face. A N95 mask is at least helpful if properly trained, but you really need a P99.

What does the flu last year have to do with anything? Did I say covid-19 was like the flu? Are you saying it's like the flu? You're just evading all my points because you don't have a rational answer, only fear. Go ahead and get in the pool my friend. It's madness to keep dipping your toes because the water is too cold when you know it's not getting any warmer. That virus can wait longer than you, it's going to infect 40% of the population sooner or later.
    I tried; now Darwin will do his unsavory but necessary business.

I tried; now Darwin will do his unsavory but necessary business.
    Judging by videos of people protesting in the middle of the night on Seattle interstate highways, wearing all black clothing, then being surprised when they're hit by a car, I'd say Darwinian behavior these days doesn't have much to do with putting panties and rubber bands on one's face.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast